This coin once more showed me

that having actually capable dev's and a decent community of high iq faggots running the show and creating a wonderful wallet which you can safe on your computer easily without ever having to connect to myetherwallet shit or other russian cancer.
I just recently moved my ether out of mist and jesus christ its so easy to getting hacked and your private keys stolen with these sites holy crap.
Im sticking to my stinky 21 Monero on my cold storage

Attached: Monero_1024x1024.jpg (1023x614, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

globee.com/
livingroomofsatoshi.com/?sc=xmr
github.com/kvhnuke/etherwallet/releases/download/v3.21.12/etherwallet-v3.21.12.zip
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RO3zc5AvfN9rcVnrYnLjqCikFLHmD39_7MCV18lDrvc/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

too cheap to buy a hardware wallet, huh?

brainlet, but he's right about monero

What are you using for monero cold storage? I'm using airgap wallet on an old Android but it's fairly new and doesn't have support for anything outside BTC and eth right now.

Why would i spend money to store my money when i already have a cold storage device : my Cold PC

Attached: 1561064014765.jpg (503x519, 52K)

monero is nice.

>and creating a wonderful wallet

Attached: 1528853318612.jpg (361x408, 19K)

Just use an address that hasn't been connected

>he never used the cake wallet for iOS

ohhh boyy

Monero has several good wallets.

The GUI wallet gets a lot of hate, but its the most feature rich wallet out there. Even mroe so then Bitcoin cores wallet, since you can easily mine monero within the gui wallet. This is a very essential part of the Monero infrastructure, and should be for all cryptocurrencies in case of the worst possible event where an EMP like event wipes out half the worlds electronics/mining equipment.

plus, RandomX is going to destroy ASICs forever. In effect Monero will be more like the early days of Bitcoin.

Attached: A6PO1se.gif (1024x768, 327K)

did anyone saw the monerokon livestream today? theres another day tomorrow too and theyre talking about random x and tari

Encrypted seed phrase on paper. You know, the patrician's choice.

Monero GUI is pure sex desu.

yep, it was ok. was nice to see so many smart people all in one place. the open source monero hardware wallet/badge was cool to see.

And jesse from blockstream was there giving a talk, which is a good sign of things to come...

Attached: d8po9bp-b2dc08ca-6e3f-4b80-89d0-838306143471.jpg (886x1035, 1.31M)

Spoonfeed me the steps to mining XMR

What can it be spent on?

Honestly the way xmr is mined is my least favorite aspect of it. Makes it resilient, but malicious at the same time.

I bought 3 years of Nord VPN with it.

anything

globee.com/

Attached: Kastelan-Robots-and-Datasmith-Orange.gif (920x620, 286K)

The "big announcement" is tomorrow. I like Monero largely because their team aren't overhyping assholes or go around begging for partnerships. They just work on making a great project and that's fucking it.

>what's the announcement?
The rumor is the unveiling of an official Monero app.

and
livingroomofsatoshi.com/?sc=xmr

Attached: IMG_02911.gif (1561x1060, 816K)

Neat thank you bud, any of you guys use these sorts of services?

>can safe on your computer easily without ever having to connect to myetherwallet
myetherwallet works from disk too.
github.com/kvhnuke/etherwallet/releases/download/v3.21.12/etherwallet-v3.21.12.zip

ive used globee
go to supportxmr and look at the config generator then get xmr stak and use that

Lol I use an unknown amount of Monero to buy DMT all the time.

Nice
Bazed

What kind of faggot ass bullshit is this

Two Google searches required:
xmrig github releases
supportxmr pool

Are you clowns complete idiots? Monero has possibly the worst wallet in all of crypto. Its constantly getting bugs, having to redownload the blockchain, cant sync to a node, the chain takes like 24 hours to download, transactions dont show up, my entire account gets frozen for 20 minutes every time I send a transaction (just have my private key hash to multiple other private keys if you are worried about privacy, this is what BTC does), tons of features are not well explained and I have to go digging through reddit to even figure out what this shit even means.

One time the wallet wouldnt work and its because of some obscure setting buried way deep in Firefox registry table, I shit you not. There is some kind of browser dependency in that absolute pile of shit. Keep in mind this wasnt a web wallet, this is the actual downloaded wallet.

The software cant even update itself. I have to go manually looking for updates. It wont even tell you its out of date either, your wallet just wont function and its up to you to figure out why. Its a god damn computer science adventure every time I turn that awful piece of shit on. Its worse than Dero and dero is a literal scam.

But you wouldnt know any of this because youve never used the coin before. You just a bunch of HODL moonboy cultists that dont even know what you are buying. You probably just left it on the exchange. Go use monero as actual money and tell me it doesnt suck dick.

Attached: 1540830632353.gif (792x658, 148K)

Wow, that was the biggest pile of BULLSHIT I've ever seen about Monero before. Congrats on your one digit I.Q.
I would refute each one of your imbecile sentences and prove that you are the biggest brainlet of this board, but I'm in bed almost sleeping, so, I'll let the other smart ones refute you (and they'll, Monero holders and experts are the smartest of crypto). Good luck.

You know what? Im going to go download the wallet right now. Hoo boy, COMPUTER SCIENCE ADVENTURE TIME! Lets see how it fucks up this time around. I havent used it since beryllium bullet so im sure curious to see what the devs have managed to cock up this time around.

Off to a good start! We have monero, and... monero installer. Whats the difference? GOOD QUESTION! Ill try the installer and see what happens.

Attached: this isnt well explained.png (1119x547, 32K)

>windows
This'll be good

Yep, this GUI is "sex" all right. Not really a GUI though. More of a text interface. The blockchain is over 70 gigs. Needs its own hard drive almost. Haha, ill just delete a few video games. Ill just have to download them again when I feel like playing.

Attached: who doesnt love a text interface.png (1104x610, 65K)

Nerva does everything monero can, except it does it better.

Attached: 1wcbs2rfk4xz.png (2560x1920, 317K)

Ok I found the GUI button. Now it cant find its own daemon. Haha, probably just needs to be restarted.

Attached: didnt detect its own daemon.png (1360x637, 143K)

Now we are cooking with gas! Seems ive got 1.66 million blocks to go though. I cant wait to continue my adventure sometime tomorrow when it finishes downloading!

Attached: future brighter than 1000 suns.png (1145x666, 99K)

This guy is right, the rest of you haven't needed to depend on Monero wallets. In late 2017 when I was mining and sending Monero all over, the wallet was absolute SHIT. A fucking bugfest. Felt even worse than using beta software as well because this is money we're talking about. There were basically 1 or 2 desktop wallets and they both fucking sucked dick. The funny thing is that the web wallets were even worse. They caused me so much fucking stress because of no transaction confirmations, late confirmations, disappearing balances. I fucking hated dealing with Monero even though I really liked the crypto itself. I hope all that shit is done and over.

When Grin’s windows and mobile wallets go live and all the normies and Monero converts rush over I am going to be so fucking rich.

Attached: 6688EB11-3736-4275-80D4-02CEA2A393E3.jpg (1280x708, 143K)

No 'normies' are rushing into your literallywho thing. UI is dogshit too.

user I have some bad news for you

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RO3zc5AvfN9rcVnrYnLjqCikFLHmD39_7MCV18lDrvc/edit#gid=0

Grin will become the simplest way to send value privately to others period. Monero is a clunker.

Never thought I'd see something worse than zcash

I'm a brainlet and use the MyMonero wallet, easy AF to use and the transactions are lightning fast. I can't understand how someone so braindead can even use a computer... pic related must be you.

Attached: zachary-sayne-not-home-kids-with-severe-disabilities-nursing-homes.jpg (711x474, 95K)

The zcash halvening is next year, we are almost past the worst of the inflation.

Also turtlecoin has hilariously high inflation. Those poor cunts will be bagholding for nearly half a century.

Think about it, why would a yellow stone be worth this much? Why has it always maintained its value since the ancient of times.

Well, what if I told you aliens need GOLD to survive. Yes it is useless for us humans, it is just a rock, but for aliens they need it in massive quantities because some substance /energy in it is crucial for their survival just like food and money is for us.

Get enlightened my simple minded mundane friends.

Bitcoin, blockchain, link, eth will never fail. For an omnipotent ai super computer to be present, it needs to eliminateits only weakness first, which is a centralized point of failure. Remove this centralized source of power, and push for decentralization as well as backup decentralization plans in place and you can literally never shut him down or hack it to be within your control. Once blockchain is the backbone of the current digital world, things will change for the worse for the lower and non existent middle class.

The government has been priming you for this reveal decades ago, all the movies/dramas now involve some kind of extraterrestrial being or people with superpowers, we have been primed so much to the point that when they do reveal their existence as our overlords and dependency on our chi, creativity and gold, we will not even be surprised or scared anymore because it has become pretty normal actually especially for generation z.

This will happen, and you might as well profit from the extraterrestrials by going all in the foundational pillars of blockchain as well as the prime resources needed for their survival and enjoy that wealth for hopefully some long years before we can’t..

This did not exist last time I used monero as far as I know. Maybe its better? They have your view key though. Meaning its no longer a privacy coin at that point.

Also if you really dig into how moneros privacy works you can compromise your own privacy if you send your money to an exchange too quickly after doing something shady. It takes about 2 months to fully anonymize your coins again.

A quick Google search shows that MyMonero has been around for years. In dunno man.

Both of you are fucking morons. Go use your coinbase wallet like the rest of the plebs. Leave monero to those of us that actually have a brain.

This elitist attitude is indicative as to why Monero will never be used for anything.

Get the CLI wallet. It's the newer version already. Syncs way faster and has block chain pruning so it takes up like 20gb now. In the image '0.14' actually only applies to '0.14.1' because the hardfork was pushed forward to kill asics. CLI has more features and it can sometimes work more smoothly since it's lower level than the GUI.

Also yeah, if you're going to run this stuff you're going to have to put some time into understanding how it works and also not be a retard. Even when it's working properly brainlets get frustrated because they don't know what's happening and have the wrong expectations. In a mass adoption scenario most people will not be running full nodes. One of the things that makes the official wallet tricky is that the wallet and daemon are separate but that also makes it easier since you can use a remote node.

Attached: pruning.jpg (1485x978, 67K)

Doing a Grin transaction will give you cancer. If you think monero is painful then good luck using grin.

yeah this. why bother with hardware wallets. just get an airlocked pc which you're POSITIVE has NO malware on it. even without a net connection, malware could potentially still write to wallet files and such, so you're not safe.

this is safe. absolutely fucking guaranteed safe:

fresh install of O.S from verified source.

no internet connection ever.

usb drive transfers verified-safe wallet generators to this internet-less pc.

generate wallet. i just use paper wallet generators. just grab a private key and a public key.
transfer to usb x >9000, and stash.

transfer public keys to another usb and plug that into your live pc.

shred contents on pc. not really necessary - as long as it never connects to the net you're safe.

wa la.

Attached: 1555423444964.jpg (538x391, 33K)

Think about it, why would a blue cube be worth this much? Why has it always maintained its value since 2017?

Well, what if I told you aliens need CHAINLINK to survive. Yes it is useless for us humans, it is just a cube, but for aliens they need it in massive quantities because some substance/energy in it is crucial for their survival just like food and money is for us.

Get enlightened my simple minded mundane friends.

Bitcoin, link, eth will never fail. For an omnipotent ai super computer to be present, it needs to eliminate its only weakness first, which is a centralized point of failure. Remove this centralized source of power, and push for decentralization as well as backup decentralization plans in place and you can literally never shut him down or hack it to be within your control. Once blockchain is the backbone of the current digital world, things will change for the worse for the lower and non existent middle class.

The government has been priming you for this reveal decades ago, all the movies/dramas now involve some kind of extraterrestrial being or people with superpowers, we have been primed so much to the point that when they do reveal their existence as our overlords and dependency on our chi, creativity and chainlink, we will not even be surprised or scared anymore because it has become pretty normal actually especially for generation z.

This will happen, and you might as well profit from it by going all in the foundational pillars of blockchain and enjoy that wealth for hopefully some long years before we can’t..

Good

This is a problem. I want it to just work. When I send a text message on a phone im not fucking running some daemon to at&t to sync the network or some shit. I just type my message and press send.

Zcash does this pretty well. I understand Grin can do it pretty well too. Monero needs to get with the program. Why is running a full node even the default option? What kind of god damn masochist wants to run a full node? Im aware its needed for privacy. It shouldnt be. Im pretty sure both grin and zcash are still private using remote nodes. Perhaps moneros approach is obsolete.

you are completely retarded. if you want a fast experience you don't run a full node, you connect to a remote node. also, just use the fucking CLI, it's not hard. if you are a complete brainlet though, use monerujo on android or cake wallet on ios for the easiest and fastest experience.

>having actually capable dev's and a decent community of high iq faggots running the show
The fact that xmr isnt in the top 3 shows just how fucking retarded crypto is

UI / UX will come in time. The first iteration of “email” and the “internet” was more painful that you could have ever imagined.

It's not a problem. If you're a casual and you only want to be a casual then let someone else manage your monero for you. Most people do this with all cryptos by keeping them on exchanges. Do you run your own cell phone tower? No.

Using remote nodes with something like Monerujo is fucking easy with almost no security or privacy tradeoffs. Using MyMonero does have some tradeoffs but even the dumbest ghetto nigger could use it.

Fact is when you're running a Monero full node and wallet, you're doing something that's actually pretty special and it's actually amazing how easy it is.

monerujo on android does everything for you. Cake wallet on ios, Gui with remote node on desktop. Easy.