Chainlink noob here, few questions

First time crypto buyer here, I can currently get 8000 LINK but I had some questions. Sorry if these questions are stupid, im still learning..

As I understand it, chainlink connects API's to the blockchain. How exactly do they do it? Is chainlink a blockchain that they have to go through? Does a company have to rewrite anything in their API's or is it just "plug and play" so to speak

Is chainlink considered an DLT?
For example if a company wants to connect their API to ethereum, can chainlink simultaneously connect it to another chain like Corda or Hyperledger?

Thanks guys

Attached: Phillips-Neon-Genesis-Evangelion.jpg (1298x974, 329K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/GnW0DmO
imgur.com/a/HS9hIfr
imgur.com/a/bklfSCi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

LINK token is worthless as anyone can use Chainlink's software without holding any LINK

Then what does the token do?

bump plz :(

>Is chainlink considered an DLT?
No. In essence chainlink is a distributed network of nodes (computers running a specific software), they don't necessarily keep a ledger, and their purpose is reading requests off a blockchain network, interacting with the internet, and returning the results of requests to the blockchain.

In chainlink's current state, it can interact only with the ethereum blockchain, and it isn't decentralized or really distributed, as someone who requests an oracle has to specifically request the node to run it on. It's not much different than working with oraclize.it. That being said this is a very bare bones mainnet. Very bare bones.
Can it theoretically support interoperability between multiple blockchain? Sure. Theoretically.

It's used to pay fees to node operators. And in the future, it will allegedly be used by node operators as stake collateral, but that feature isn't in yet.

If it's not obvious I don't own LINK, I think there's still a long time until it's used for anything.

fuck reddit

Wait, people actually fell for the memes and bought this cringecoin?

Woah hold up for a second. Link is a biz meme dont buy this shit of you are serious PLEASE

it's a security token
the LLC holds 50% supply

Security with an ICO don't buy it

Pays the node's fees. What do the nodes do you ask? Nothing at all. No one's using it and by the time they do, it'll have been over-taken.

Thanks for the help. I was stuck deciding between two different "interoperability" projects but I think I'm gonna invest in the other one. Sorry linkies :(

I keep seeing a lot of article about banks and SWIFT using DLT blockchain technology and I thought it was Link, but I maybe not

And im quit suprised here, I see Link threads all the time I thought it was a good project.

>interoperability
Which would be the other one?
I've yet to find one that isn't total bullshit. Interoperability is a big joke buzzword that nobody yet nailed, because it involves actually solving the oracle problem, which even chainlink's team admitted to not doing.

it's a midtier project while Jow Forums whales were trying to meme it into top-25 for a 20x and they made it

Fuck off nulinker, i hope you miss out, muh high iq, muh reasoning, you know jack shit and you can't even search for yourself, kys

These people are lying chainlink is actually a good project this is a coordinated FUD CAMPAIGN (Fear, uncertainty and doubt

I was referring to Quant Network. They have a working product that connects over 10 blockchains and a single transaction can be sent to all 10 simultaneously. They also connect existing API's, Clouds, and Oracles.

I'll have to do more research before I decide I guess.

it obviously is, op and his team of fuds.

QNT's connections are done by hand.

You realize you're buying the top?
You're too stupid for crypto, this is too late to buying anything.

you kidding us OP? first timers dont go throw money on crypto that much. also, u sound like a reddit larper. and lastly, u and ur interactive friends talks and types the same way you do.

linkies, dont fall for this fud, zoom out your charts a bit, youll see its going uphill.

>bought 8000 useless tokens.
user, I....

Based

I'm curious what FUD your talking about?

I asked simple questions and some people gave me good answers.

Welcome to the club OP, anything negative you read here is to try to get you to sell so the price stays low for these room temperature IQ mouth breathers to accumulate before LINK moons.

They had two years. The world is yours.

Here's a few links to get you started:

imgur.com/a/GnW0DmO - Over 1.4k Chainlink Memes
imgur.com/a/HS9hIfr - Connections & Breadcrumbs
imgur.com/a/bklfSCi - Positive & Bullish Thoughts

Attached: 1558693209582.jpg (677x530, 107K)

Fake securities, don’t buy it’s a scam

How to withdraw from Binance to cash?

Attached: VSgSalcVXxA.jpg (680x680, 82K)

>tfw hold 1000000 stinkies
>If it goes up one percent I get 1000 milion
cya loosers, gonna be rich soon

Nice.