At what net worth and income coming in a year is it okay to lease or finance a new bmw 330i x drive?

at what net worth and income coming in a year is it okay to lease or finance a new bmw 330i x drive?
Priced at 52k after taxes and roughly 700-800 monthly payments + insurance? would this be living beyond my means?
t. poorfag making 50k a year from job and 10k passive income from vending machine business

Attached: E34DA79B-2E48-4F01-8A97-B26BFEE83361.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

falling for consumerism traps

be based and red pilled and by a fucking corolla or a Camry. Enjoy freedom with your money instead of being trapped by dumb investments like cars

as soon as you have 1m in your bank account

Okay faggot. Stop the bullshit. Nobody actually is THIS conservative. There are literally people making 30k driving BMWs. Its a fucking 50 Thousand dollar car. Its not a GWagon or a Porsche.
Fuck off my post Dave Ramsey

Assuming you actually need a car, you can afford ~$2-3k or 1% of net worth, whichever is higher

>Lease or finance
>A car

If you can't write a check for it, you can't afford it.

Totally stupid to do on 50k income.

Look at usedfirst.com

You will be paying for depreciation with lease which will be about 50% of its new value, so 52k car you will be throwing away $26,000.

That’s 6 months of work.

If you must own luxury brand buy one that is 3-5 years old. Car will still be reliable and under 100,000 miles. If you own it 3 years like a lease you’ll only lose 12-15k on depreciation instead of 26k. So at the end of 3 years you’ll have an extra 10-15k in the bank.

good god ur a pretencious faggot

Why would you want the 330i non turbo? If you're gonna get a beamer, at least get a 335i or faster at least

You're about $500k away from being able to responsibly afford this piece of shit metal

literally not gonna make it
enjoy your mememobile normie

my response was 100% unironic. Even if you had 500k that car is 10 percent of youre bank. you can do much better things with that 10 percent than waste it on a shitty car to impress whores you cant bang and dudes who are gonna bang those whores. But by all means, finance the car and pay the equvilent to an appartment rental for it each month. Youre going to do it anyways. dumb fuck

My rule of thumb is to never buy a car unless your net worth is 20x the car's value. Also never buy new and pay cash.

If you can't afford to buy the car outright, you certainly can't afford to lease it.

lol @ paying $800 a month for a fucking car, seriously

500k minimum

Just get a 3k Civic ya faggot

I make 170K a year as a software engineer. I bought a 2010 Honda Civic for 15K (lease return in 2012). Do not regret it. Cars are not “investments”, they are depreciating assets.

Unless it's a 4WD manual toyota tacoma or jeep wrangler, Unironically increase in value.

I bought an Audi A4 right out of college when I was a poorfag making $55k and in hindsight it was super gay and cringe. A BMW 3 series isn't even a nice car it's basically the default "I'm a poorfag but want to pretend I'm rich" car and everyone knows it.

buy the m340, it's a lot more fun

Yes technically you can afford it if you splurge on literally nothing else for the entirety of the loan, which is highly improbable

good goy

BMW isn't even a reliable brand

fuck dude. germanfags know how to make cars

I think you’re based but I would have gone cheaper. I make 120 as a ChemE in a cheap rural town and drive a 5,000$ Tacoma with over 100k miles and stack gold guns and crypto

What’s with you faggots. Live a little and drive something more respectable you money hoarding gremlins. Jesus Christ. Its not like you can take your money to hell with you

Smart advice dude. G thx

I like my truck you retard, and I’m saving to buy land. Having real assets is nice

>drive something respectable

You fell for the trap.

>makes 120k a year
>”saving” to buy land
What land are you trying to buy, a fucking Donald Trump golf course? How do you not already have those assets when you make 120k? Fucking loser

good on you if you dont drive much. i make (average) ~110k in sw sales and i see everyone fall for this trap. i drive a used mazda6 gt 100 mi a day that i bought for 18k couldve paid cash but id rather gamble coinz.

>what are market cycles

this has got to be a larp. nobody is this retarded.
in the actually reasonable scenario that you are indeed this retarded...fancy luxury cars are a meme. unless you have several million dollars, youre an idiot and are falling into a trap. the tacoma user is smart because hes stacking shit that will either keep its value or appreciate in value.

What isn’t a trap these days in Kikeland. Saving money for decades is a trap. You wasted precious LIFE trying to be frugal on to end up losing your money to an ungrateful and undeserving grandchild to blow it all on nigger charities and starbucks 9 times out of 10.
No choice is the right choice

This mindset is why you don’t get laid. No fun and too serious. The kikes won back in 1913... being frugal won’t help you in 2019. Keep saving that money for your liberal nigger loving grand kids to inherit

You shouldn't spend more than 10% of your yearly income on a car. Which brings your total car budget to $6000. You should be able to to buy that in cash, but I bet you manage your money so bad you'll have to take a loan out for that too.

lmao dude have i got news for you

Based
Pretentious little faggot trying to drive a BMW.
thememesaretrue.jpg

>3 series
>turbocharged inline four cylinder
>meme xdrive
>$52k

This is genuinely one of the worst cars you could buy. Look into a GTI instead

i get laid on demand. i have a wife. i also actually like having money and not being forced to stay poor with a $800 fucking car payment. if i ever wanted to buy a fun car, it would be a C6 Z06, a honda or acura NSX (old version) or a viper GTS. none of this stupid overpriced piece of shit german mobile bullshit.

>comes to biz for advice
>Eveyone unanimously agrees that buying a new car is fucking stupid
>"come on guys live a little thats why you dont get laid"
>implying guys who actually have money dont get laid

please finance this car OP. Do it. you deserve to treat yourself buddy

I am. I drive a piece of shit 2002 Toyota Corolla with the paint peeling. I ram shopping carts into it when i'm unloading my groceries just to see peoples reaction. I love it.

There was a study done and blue BMW drivers were statistically the most rude and aggressive drivers on the road. Not a joke lol. OP is definitely a prick.

based and redpilled. driving a piece of shit daily is the way

stay poor lmao

Why would I drive a nice car just to put miles onto it? It's a workhorse and I don't give a fuck. I'm married i'm not trying to impress anyone.

based

if you enjoy being in a shitbox that's fine user, i prefer nicer things i guess

>falling for the luxury meme

poorfag cope

This is such a bad idea I couldn't tell if it was a troll post or not. After reading OP's replies he definitely seems like the type that would waste two years of salary on a BMW. Maybe this is why they all drive like assholes.

You only have so many years of life.
You're willing to give away one of them for a car.
Are you retarded?

I owned an M4 after making 500k in crypto and it was one of the worst decisions of my life. The anons on this board have the right mentality

yeah sure you did

Except you'll be the one poor after you finance a german money pit

i make a lot more money than you, not worried about it. thanks for your concern though.

What is the advantage of a Camry over a Corolla

some people are just destined to never make it
you're one of them OP

Not trying to dox myself but I liked to take pictures of the odometer when I saw repeating 7s back in August 2018. don’t have anything to prove but please go ahead and buy useless luxury crap, you have a very fulfilling life

Attached: F3C653DA-3B96-46E5-A0D5-613A38396C79.jpg (1536x2048, 456K)

Pretty sure you don't, but thanks for keeping the autistic NEETs on here company I guess.

>but I liked to take pictures of the odometer when I saw repeating 7s back in August 2018
>you have a very fulfilling life
do you even hear yourself you autistic retard? lmao

What's up my M brother, F82 here, fucking love that thing

>pay cash
If you can’t outperform a 6% loan there’s something wrong with you
Also leases are tax deductible

die poor lmao, some people are just beyond hopeless

They’re great cars, got the DCT since I never learned to drive manual and it was an absolute beast but a poor financial decision overall so I sold it a few months back. Looking at 992 if I can ever get past the $2mm mark, but not to impress others I like driving for fun. Always liked the M community, different than your regular BMW poser crowd

>falling for the luxury meme

>They’re great cars

Attached: 1544483167376.jpg (251x242, 8K)

The answer is when you can buy it with a certified check.

Why make it so you have to outperform 6% when paying outright is essentially doing just that?

I’m admitting I’m one of the suckers who fell for it and yes they are great cars with high build quality but a poor financial decision from a depreciation perspective. I own up to my mistakes and this was one of them, doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy the car.

Buy a used 323i or 328i from like 1999-2004
Dont spend more than $2500
Trust me, I have a 2017 m5 and I drive my e46 more. Way too stressful having a 60k+ car on these shitty american roads lol. It only sees action on weekends. Not worth it OP. It might not be living beyond your means but it's a complete waste of fucking money. That 700 or 800 a month could be going to pretty much anything else and it would be a better choice. the real question is why do you want the car? What are you seeking from that car ?

>respectable
The ironic part about this is that my 1987 MR2 gets a lot more head turns and respect from a people than my M5. And it cost roughly 55k less.

Truly underrated. this is just this is just the right level of harshness that a post should be.

for what it's worth you can go for what it's worth you can go buy a grandpa's car and it has a good amount of luxury. I'm talking like a 3k or under 3k Buick like a park ave or century. Or lincoln continental / towncar.

Self approval from myself. I take myself seriously and I don’t want to be seen in a car just any nigger can be seen in.
Also, I’ll get more respect on and off the road rather than the virgin Ford Fusion would 80% of the time. Image is everything and most of these deluded faggots don’t seem to understand that. People; (clients, customers, friends, neighbors, especially women) will always see things at face value, so don’t sell yourself short because you want to save every penny. 95% of us wasn’t born into a jewish household so real wealth is highly likely to be unattainable no matter what.

If you aren't trying to dox yourself you should probably use an exif scraper. cute iPhone btw.

I make 190k and only have a net worth of 70k. How? I haven't been making this much for very long.

Yeah you’re right about that should’ve cleared it but at least it’s not a Lamborghini there are quite a few M4s around this area, I was just trying to make a point that I fell for the luxury meme, enjoyed it for a bit, and ended up regretting it.

>not buying a certified used honda civic and treating it like its a $50k car

the only way to make it- conservative yet dignified

Attached: post8309.jpg (980x659, 59K)

Jow Forums already scrapes metadata out of images

This is your average 20 something american white boy everybody

Attached: w456456.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

You can’t outperform a 2.9% loan?
Gtfo biz retard.

German cars are a meme. Just try getting that fucker serviced. The cost will tear you a brand new asshole right alongside the other new asshole the financing got you.

t. auto tech

What would’ve happened if you took out a loan for that car and put $15000 into BTC?

>I don’t want to be seen in a car just any nigger can be seen in.
I have seen mercedes benz parked outside section 8 housing. Lots of "niggers" drive BMWs, especially 3 series. In fact I suggest you visit your local nightclubs and you'd be surprised how common 330i's are.
>Also, I’ll get more respect on and off the road rather than the virgin Ford Fusion would 80% of the time. Image is everything and most of these deluded faggots don’t seem to understand that. People; (clients, customers, friends, neighbors, especially women) will always see things at face value

Here are some hints. It's not 2012 anymore. Lots of women have wised up. A bmw 3 series is a typical "fuckboy" car to any roastie with a quarter of a brain, or a girl friend who got pumped and dumped by some chump. I bought my 323i off some spoiled brat from Jersey who was so autistically upset about not having the nicest car at the high school prom that he got his uncle to give him his corvette, so he was selling his bimmer.

Now obviously it depends on the woman or client or friend that you're trying to impress... but many people don't feel the same but many people don't feel the same way about BMW that you do, or if they do, they don't know the ins and outs of their car line-up. as long as you get something from a newer as long as you get something from a newer generation that looks new doesn't mean it actually has to be new to look great and "classy' (in your eyes) - and as long as you don't tell the girl you're trying to bang the exact year and the mileage and every tiny thing wrong with it, she will be more than fine with it as long as it has leather heated seats and a well-maintained suspension (for that smooth ride) - she does not care about the zero to 60.

This is real, I really wish I would have taken a loan and paid the minimum on my car so I could have invested more in crypto.

Yep BMW and Mercedes are absolute money pits.

user, here's the real advice. Stop being a fucking simpleton and asking for approval from a group that generally consists of misers (justifiably so to their defense).

Ask yourself why you really want that car. Is it to gain some sort of clout? Anyone who knows cars won't give two shits about a base model 3 series. That's entry level bullshit for badge chasers. You can get a fully loaded economybox with more bells and whistles for half the price. Go figure. If you're after driving experience, sure you'll get a bit of that, but why not invest properly and buy a really fun car when you can afford one instead of that half assed cuck model? Or be a faggot hairdresser and pick up a miata. Or even better, mod up a car yourself.

Again depending on the girl you can impress her without leasing an alfa romeo or blowing 52k on a 3 series. (Probably like 46k if your dealership isnt total shit)
And if she's actually a high-quality girl she would probably be annoyed when she finds out that it's on a lease or that you only make 60k and might actually respect you more if you were driving a 2008 Camry or whatever. But most people don't know shit about BMW and all they see is the fucking logo. Hell I have friends that just buy M badges and bodykits and stick them on shit non-m cars. As if the slags they're picking up even know what an M car is.

Anyway self-worth and value come from within. Buying some car (especially a maintenance nightmare like most german ones) doesn't measure your success. Buy it because you like the fucking car. Not to impress anybody. But to drive it. Because it's fucking great to drive.

your would-be girlfriend will be plenty satisfied telling all her stupid and shallow bitchy money oriented friends that her boyfriend drives a BMW. Doesn't have to be a 2019 BMW with 0 miles on it. They care about the color more than anything else. And if you're trying to impress dipshitz at work around the golf course you and if you're trying to impress dipshitz at work or around the golf course you have no option except to get it in Black, 4 doors.

Replacing the starter on my dad's Toyota took about 30 2 minutes. Had to bring my E46 and it took the same shop 8 hours. You have to take apart half the engine to get to the fucking starter it's under underneath everything. Even coolant hoses and O2 sensors cost of Fortune with even coolant hoses and O2 sensors cost way more than other types of cars. It's just part of the cost of ownership and you better be prepared for that if you want to be at the wheel of the ultimate driving machine

If you make 0% returns you're already ahead of 80% of biz

BMW offers some luxury, but it's a premium car at the end of the day. To commute, I wouldn't buy a premium car. However if you have permanent leisure, definitely worth traveling more comfy and in style. As always, for aesthetic things you pay. Everything ugly (think japanese/korean) will be more affordable.

as a wagie, no
as a "neet" who travels often, yes

Absofuckinglutely not. I make $65k and regret the financing I took for a $23k Maxima ($375/month). There are serious diminishing returns for cars and it's a guaranteed regret once you realize how much you're restricting your life freedom.

Find a solid car in the $5-10k range and rest easy. No one gives a fuck about what you're driving unless it's a $100k+ supercar, trust me. My roommate is still fucking girls out of a 2003 Chevy Cobalt.

No. No no.
I bought a new new new Chevy Spark. $9,798. Crank windows. Auto. AC. Prolly 80 ponies.
Don’t piss away your life.
I pocket OVER $2k/mo after my bills and life. I’ll show your wife/gf my bank app balance and she’ll ride my dick after choking herself on it. She’ll beg her virgin friends to choke themselves on my white dick. Ain’t nobody choking themselves over a 330 BMW. Especially when you got a roomie because of your tard car.
Think of the 1992 Eddie Bauer edition Ford Explorer. Was cool in 1992. Meth head SUV now. That BMW will have same fate.

Attached: 7FF37C92-4E92-4642-95E5-8BE83CCFE787.jpg (225x225, 41K)

PS If I could drop this thing I would, but it's in the shop right now after I got in an accident, yay more money in the sink. I bought a $2k cheapo Ford Taurus to drive in the meantime and I feel the exact same way about my life driving this to and from work.

Cars have to be #1 or #2 in terms of consumeristic pitfalls Americans fall for, and low end Beemers are the Kings of Financial Traps among cars.

Main problem here is that you bought a Nissan.

This is also a viable route - getting a cheaper nicer car. Like a porsche boxster - total piece of shit but you can find it for 9k used and then girls see you're driving a porsche convertible. The pro and con is that this attracts a certain kind of women. Be sure you want that kind of woman in your passenger seat.
Or go for a muscle car. You can get such great rides for the price of a new car. Check out /o/, OP. You might find something even more impressive. Just don't get labeled the gearhead because then they'll want you to look at their car or change their oil or whatever. Kind of like IT guys. They end up being the guy she asks to fix her laptop or phone. Not the one she bangs lol.

Nissan really is a nigger-tier car ngl.

BMW's are well known as the poser guy car, so what are you trying to achieve with buying a vehicle which will take 1/4th of your monthly income and firmly peg you into that category? When tall guys in 1999 Chevy Silverados are fucking every single weekend? Riddle me that.

I'll say it again just because you're a car guy who puts a lot of stock into every level of brand/badge doesn't mean society in general will. You're handing over an early retirement for a fleeting, depreciating vehicle that no one outside of car circles cares about. Unless you're trying to get your dick sucked by a pimple faced fag pushing a Ford Mustang.

I'm not espousing user to buy the BMW and personally I find the brand following to be contemptible consumerists. I was just pointing out the fact that you bought a car with questionable reliability based on today's benchmarks. At least with a BMW you can experience some thrill.

Lol he falls for advertising. “Just buy this and your life will be better”

Then you realize a year later what a mistake it was when you have to pay half your paychecks to a fucking platform on wheels

>nobody gives a shit about your car unless it’s worth 100k+
>even then, nobody actually gives a shit about your car, or you.