My girlfriends car was dying so I told her to trade it for a used Honda. INSTEAD she went and got a brand new CRV...

My girlfriends car was dying so I told her to trade it for a used Honda. INSTEAD she went and got a brand new CRV. She paid $28k financed over 6 years.

I was a little annoyed, cause I think buying a new car and financing it is retarded. But she said it's a great deal and her loan rate is 2.9% APR.

Who is right?

Attached: Honda_CR-V.jpg (811x608, 40K)

>gf
>>/reddit/

shes wrong for poor finance decisions

you're wrong for letting it get this far
Who's money is this she playing with - who pays the loan?
Her? Then fuck off with this teenage bullshit.

>Who is right?
Jamal, when je fucks her in the ass you fucking cuck.
Go back, we don't want you here

Most cars are luxury items.

>28k for that
Fucking lmao.

Dump her for a shit taste in cars.

>probably got the lowest trim level
>could have had a fully loaded 2-3 year old model

why cant normies just ask a question without the fucking blogpost?

Attached: 1540177493842.jpg (420x520, 62K)

Yeah she's retarded. She should have gotten a used RAV4. That Honda will break down much quicker.

based
tell your gf for helping keep me employed.

t. east liberty auto plant engineer

Attached: 1554179351271.png (646x700, 169K)

Why didn't you go with her you retard?

6 years for a car loans damn that’s retarded

Any new car is a scam. Margin is so high, they'll always make profit

someone has to buy them though. where would used cars come from? the used car factory?

ur gf got justed. if you are going to waste money buying a brand new car at least get something which will hold its value. a fucking honda crv? nobody wants to drive that thing

margins are only high on trucks and SUV's

crossovers are good

cars are not

$2k is like the margin on an average accord
Probably like $1500 for an average civic. Cars are expensive because of the government

Attached: 1529889121825.jpg (613x531, 48K)

Bought a 2018 Ford Focus with 2,000 miles on it for 16k out le door; I was looking around and saw a ton of the same model going for as much or MORE that had 30-40,000 on them (about 5 years' worth of driving for me). Not sure if I fucked up or not but I couldn't find a used car for a good price worth a damn

Ideally, you'd consider looking for cars 3-5 years old to be a better value in terms of purchase price / maintenance costs / depreciation.

If you have absolutely minimal knowledge of cars you'd probably lean towards more newer cars and making sure to get them inspected by a mechanic that you pick (fuck whoever 'certified' a vehicle, you and I can 'certify' our vehicle).

If you're able to get a good look underneath, have proof / receipts for a history of work and service done, and a mechanic has checked it over, you could buy a 10 to 15 year old car for much less. Ideally, it'd be $3-$5k with at least another $2k for improvements the first year.

Being mindful of your driving and doing regular servicing per manufacturer recommendations can keep maintenance down. If you could get 5 years out of the car you'd be looking to keep the ownership cost of the vehicle to $100 a month or less, without regard to gas mileage / tolls / insurance / etc.

To add you should be patient and very picky with how the vehicle you're looking at is mechanically.

To take advantage of a deal you should be looking for one of these cars while you have one running that you could sell.

Being patient with craigslist private deals can lead you to finding a few gems that go quickly based on the make, and year of the model. Don't worry if thing has a bump / nick / dent here and there. As long as it is in functionally great shape and the seller agrees to the pre purchase inspection even paying on par with a KBB value, you'll find that the car has more life than what the miles are.

Vehicles can get expensive really quick when you add up everything so a reliable vehicle that has been maintained and driven with some care will be arguably the best economical decision you could make when shopping for a car.

New cars lose half the value as soon as they drive out the showroom. Of course you are right, beyond retarded.

financing at 2.9% APR is pretty smart assuming you would invest that money instead

28k for a brand new SUV isn't that bad, will probably save her thousands in repairs down the road and get better mpg

I would get a used car but that's just me, it depends how much she makes a year, if she makes like 70k a year that would be fine but any if she makes less i'd say that's a dumb purchase

It's her money right? I probably wouldn't stay with someone who fucks up financially like that though.