How to invest in water

Michael Burry - fellow autist you might've seen on The Big Short: "Burry has focused much of his attention on investing in water, gold, and farmland. Burry has been quoted saying “Fresh, clean water cannot be taken for granted. And it is not — water is political, and litigious." After the end of the film, The Big Short, a statement regarding Burry's current interest reads, “The small investing he still does is all focused on one commodity: water.”

Invest in water companies? ETF's? Store water in basement?

What are you institutional assholes, that lurk here, doing with your cash, please

Attached: lol.jpg (300x168, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5WPB2u8EzL8
youtube.com/watch?v=AM1gjx2sZV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I own a swamp

can i check it out or are you one of those kind of swamp owners

In his interview he specifically states that he is investing in land with water (lakes, ponds, etc.) He's not interested in water companies, but the actual commodity.

so i'm just as autistic but not as smart?

great

nah sorry. find some land with good water and get a well. Youll have more important things than money to think about if real water troubles hit you

This is gonna be a real dumbshit question. You can just install a well pretty much anywhere?

Is there a way to tell... how much water is there? I'm just realizing I have no idea how it works.

Do you pay people to come check it? Measure levels? How do you handle things like fluoride

not really anywhere. If you have shit water below you due to chemicals, farming, all sorts of random things, then you don't want to be drinking that.

Health department will make you do water tests to make sure its safe when you put your well in.

You can also just not be near any aquifers and just be out of luck too.

Buy lands in Northern BC. Done.

Do you have a donkey too?

In most scenarios where water enters a massive bull market, you REALLY don't want to be owning ETFs or stocks. You want to be owning fertile land with clean, replenishable water.
youtube.com/watch?v=5WPB2u8EzL8

We have a modern instruments and shit, but traditionally it was a job, some people have the gift, science still doesn't have a 100% explanation, but using either a sourcer stick (picture a Y, holding a tip in each hand, point forward) or a pendulum, they "feel " water a good spots for a well.
As any skill, the "gift" is one thing, training is another. a good sourcer can tell how deep and how much water there is, beyond just detecting water.
There are a few sourcers on my father's side, and me and my brother have the gift too. It's weird, we used a pendulum, and picked a spot where we knew there was water. the pendulum kind of goes towards the water, like a magnet, to the point holding the end of tthe chain still and pulling out slightly with zero momentum, and the chain would hold still and taunt at about 10-15 degrees from vertical

i always thought tokenizing moisture nets would be pretty cool.

look up warka water

Lol third world voodoo

You don't get it.

Water is important, but only for certain industries, and certain areas. For example, I live in the Midwest USA, an area with rich farmland, and plenty of water. Too much water, in fact, we've had problems with flooding. However, if you moved out to Utah, or Australia (which I think is where Burry is buying land), water is scarce. It's difficult to find water, and difficult to drill down. It's difficult to grow crops without water. So a piece of land with water, is excellent farmland.

Also, it's easy to transport enough water for people to drink - people don't drink much. But it's not easy to transport enough water to grow crops, or certain industrial uses. Transportation is expensive, and water is heavy. So if you farm/manufacture in Utah or Australia, and you can't find a natural source of water on your property, you essentially have to buy water from someone nearby.

>Invest in water companies? ETF's?
Sure. I don't think you have any persuasive reason to think they'll perform better than the average stock/ETF. But the stock market goes up, over time.

>Store water in basement?
No. If water is $0.35 a gallon, how much can you store in your basement? Not much.

I suppose it can't hurt to have a hundred gallons of drinking water for emergencies. But that's not exactly an investment.

>What are you institutional assholes, that lurk here, doing with your cash, please
With all due respect, the institutional assholes are not good investors. Hedge funds under-perform stock market indexes by a wide margin.

Whoops, should be

>No. If water is 0.35 cents a gallon ($0.0035), how much can you store in your basement? Not much.

Go to Costco and pick up as many packs of Dasoni as you can carry. Soon your house will be full of water. When the value goes up, SELL.

Thanks Peter Zeihan.

Attached: Peter_Zeihan-Apr2017-1-760x427.jpg (760x427, 27K)

I am sure all these sourcers are good at reading the terrain, plants and maps. All the pendulum woodoo is just a way to divert attention to keep other trade secrets

you fucking losersneedspoon feeding''

3 words
steel
beef
leather

literal idiots

bridgewater

Huh?

Michael still work as an investor, Scion capital or something like that, his investments are public because they are obligede to disclose their holdings for tax reasons.
in 2018 he held Disney stocks along with some other generic stocks..

youtube.com/watch?v=AM1gjx2sZV4

this is what i assume is going on
>nah man its stick energy

WHAT ARE YE DOIN IN MA SWAAAMP

Thats retarded. Any coastal nation can operate increasingly efficient salt water purification plants. Invest in those maybe but water will always be cheap as we have huge fucking oceans and ice shelfs only retards think water is actually scarce