Crypto to crypto tax

Started buying and trading crypto in 2017.

Always thought crypto to crypto tax was a meme.

Turns out it's not a meme.

I can't get the full history of trades I made even if I wanted to, bunch of exchanges I used don't exist anymore.

This is making me so anxious I might as well kill myself to stop the nightmare

Attached: killme.jpg (662x684, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/programs/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/compliance/digital-currency/cryptocurrency-guide.html
revenue.ie/en/tax-professionals/tdm/income-tax-capital-gains-tax-corporation-tax/part-02/02-01-03.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

im hearing you cant prove the source of funds?
Better bend over because the tax man is taking it all then.

I hate this world, fuck everyone for making it so complicated to live in peace

FUCK EVERYTHING

FUCK

i cash out money for you bro, in my country we do not need pay taxes for crypto

i can*

>start a freelance business
>have your “client” pay you daily
>pay taxes on freelance income.

I don't even want to cash out. The government wants to tax the trades I already made in the past. I never cashed out a cent and yet I owe taxes.

FUCK THIS WORLD

How much do you owe lmao

how do they know you trade in crypto? did you cash out before?

where are you from and how do the government even know about your trades? If they don't already know then DONT FUCKING TELL THEM

This is what it means to be conquered. Thank the boomers who sold it all.

I don't even know how much I owe. I haven't kept track of my trades

I never cashed out before. However, the government has started auditing people who invested in crypto. Obviously I bought using money from my bank account so it's not impossible that I'll get audited at some point

Canada
They don't already know but I feel like I'm gonna get fucked if I wait until they figure out I have made crypto to crypto trades

The gubmint does not have the power to go after every delinquent crypto trader, despite what they may claim
I wouldn’t worry too much unless you plan on cashing out a large sum

I'm in same boat man what do we do

I don't want to ever cash out to fiat, only stable coins. But if I get audited and owe taxes i'll have to pay interest for being late and not reporting it, I may have to pay an absurd amount or go to jail if I refuse.

I just wanted a shot at a wageslave free life.

Why is it so fucking complicated

are you retarded OP? Never pay crypto taxes unless they force you to, if you can't calculate what you owe, neither can they.

which street do you shit in?

So should I just get all my bank statements showing deposits, download the csv files if my trading and deposit/withdrawal history on my exchanges, and take screenshots too? Should I be ok if I do all that every once in a while?

Use a VPN and buy Monero?

McAfee confirmed

Just launder your coins.

They will invariably ask where that money went all of a sudden. I don't know where you anons live but here tax evasion is a crime that can put you in jail. I don't want to take the risk of going to fucking jail, I would for sure kill myself this time

They can't calculate what I owe but they can surely know what my wallet is and see the balance (bank -> exchange -> buy eth -> send to eth wallet). Then I'm sure they'll want a cut or all of it and if I refuse throw me in jail

does someone unironically know what to do about this. seems if you have cuckbase transaction on your bank account you are just on a damn list for audit or am I missing something

Other Canadian here. You calculate the trade to trade changes when you cash out you fucking mongoloid.

Bro just relax. If you’ve used foreign exchanges like Binance the chances are slim to zero that they will be able to get your trading history.
Also check out this website if you want actual legal advice: bitcoin.tax/cpa

I didn't get audited as a cuckbase user.

say it got hacked and you're now suicidal and need help and claim neetbucks

meant for you

This might be the way to do it.

"Technology Consultant" where I am paid a daily income from when I cash out of my linkies

Count living expenses as a "cost of living", and use it to deduct from my total profit

I report my cuckbase transactions.

What if I never cash out to fiat? Only stablecoins e.g. DAI, then I never pay taxes?

I used binance but I first needed to go through a canadian exchange to buy ETH. Thanks for the link

If they can figure out my wallet (which I'm sure they can) that won't work

Meant count living expenses as a "cost of business"

You know I bet crypto tax consulting is going to be a great business to get into.

>I can't get the full history of trades I made even if I wanted to, bunch of exchanges I used don't exist anymore
The IRS will have a hard time auditing you, then. Cash out what you need to if you're forced to, but otherwise keep it in the market. Remember that losses get written off.

>I can't get the full history of trades I made even if I wanted to, bunch of exchanges I used don't exist anymore.
Do the IRS have backups? How would they know?

yeah not YET. that's the problem, it could just suddenly happen and boom, you're paying years of backtaxes, penalties, and interest. WTF are you supposed to do if you are in OP's position

I'm not sure how it is over there, but typically you only pay tax on profits, and take a deductible on losses. So math up what you started with, math what you ended up with, and pay tax on the profits.

In my country you pay when you go to fiat, so it's not too bad.

Worst case is you get nailed with 0 adjusted cost basis on long term gains. If you can prove that the coins have been sitting in your wallets for more than a year then you should be able to work something out where you pay short term gains.

The difference should be getting taxed again on your initial.

>havent cashed out
>taxed for holding
You have to be lying.

That's fine by me that they won't know but then I'm afraid of the taxman asking how I made profits if I can't explain because I don't have all the trade history. If they consider it 'unclean' then what happens?

I know this feel OP. Played 102k in taxes in 2018 lel. Thankfully the IRS is pretty incompetent.

Talk to me in 10 years when this becomes the same thing as pirating movies

He is retarded underage. Let him be.

>I don't actually know how it works, but here's some advice that could land you in jail or bankruptcy

>You have to be lying.

I wish for fuck sake:
>Generally, when you dispose of one type of >cryptocurrency to acquire another >cryptocurrency, the barter transaction rules >apply. You have to convert the value of the >cryptocurrency you received into Canadian >dollars. This transaction is considered a >disposition and you have to report it on your >income tax return. Report the resulting gain or >loss as either business income (or loss) or a >capital gain (or loss).

canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/programs/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/compliance/digital-currency/cryptocurrency-guide.html

>If they consider it 'unclean' then what happens?
Nothing, unless you're actually earning it through drug trafficking or other illicit means. You just pay your taxes on it, and then the tax man moves on along.

That's fine then

Am I an idiot who doesn't understand English?
Doesn't this mean I owe taxes even if I didn't cash out fiat?

If you (eventually) have a large amount to cash out, why not just pay some crypto tax attorney to try to figure out how best to navigate the waters?

That's what I always intended on doing, but apparently you owe tax on every crypto to crypto trade so it doesn't matter if I didn't cash out yet, taxes should be paid on the previous trades unless I'm a brainlet who doesn't understand the law

better off moving countries and never returning home and cashing out, wageslave abroad in like Germany or Portugal or Netherlands till u get citizenship and cash it out

I probably made about 20,000 trades last year between like 10 diff exchanges. No fucking way I could calculate that. Just do it by how much you put in and then how much you cashed out. Keep it simple and pay that amount; it will be close to the correct number anyway.

because the jews don't want you to retire at such a young age, that's why, the bankers and goverment faggots hate every sinlgle one of us who don't want to conform to their (((system))) where they print money from themselves while taking away from us in taxes. They want you to wageslave to support this already collapsing ponzi called world economy, add the fact that you're probably a millenial so they double hate you for that fact alone. Boomers hate us with passion even though we haven't done anything bad to them.

Yeah as long as its somewhat accurate you're fine, if you made like 50'000 and wanna cash it out pay roughly like 33% in tax if you wanna be safe as long as you're paying something you'll be fine

Fair market value is a ridiculous concept since crypto prices are inherently volatile.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

This sounds good in theory, but a withdrawal to the bank of that size would likely lock your account and what do you show them to adhere to AML and shit?

>bunch of exchanges I used don't exist anymore
Please read what you just wrote and think about it.

How much tax do you guys have to pay on crypto gains? I think it's 33% for me.

Open an account in a crypto friendly bank.

Avoid taxes buy getting your crypto free! You can use my link for $5k worth of VTC
valsto.org/invite/3AW14rKySW

Seriously considering it

That's what I want to do, but that's not how tax law works. I provided a link to the rules (each trade is a barter transaction that needs to be claimed at time of tax declaration).

Also I see a loophole with only paying tax when cashing out, what if you just use your crypto directly to pay goods and services? Then you would never pay taxes since you didn't cash out to fiat. Seems like the crypto to crypto tax rule is there to make sure the tax man gets his cut no matter what

I think you will be fine user. I get what you're saying but govt is mostly inept so you will probably be fine just reciting your big tax events across exchanges, and if you've gotta pay more later then so be it.

But honestly your situation is not at all uncommon, so I'd be willing to bet an experienced crypto tax attorney/expert would have a lot of knowledge on how to best proceed.

Best of luck, and if you've already made it congrats.

I live in ireland and its the same crypto to crypto tax but this country is igh anyway so once chainlink hits 50-100$ and I finish my degree next year im moving and never looking back fuck this extortion

crypto friendly, sure
but its still about anti money laundering etc?
there will be more than one hurdle in the future..
exchanges need to know where the funds came from
then the bank
then the taxman

Thanks user, feeling a bit less anxious now

Hey, I'm from Ireland too. How exactly is crypto taxed here? Is it just capital gains tax that is applied?

go talk to a tax attorney, no one here knows shit to really help you in a meaningful way, do it even just for your mental health alone.

I've heard about stories that people who didn't have records got their shit sorted out but you probably want someone like a tax attorney to handhold you through this process.

Like some user said, banks would probably freeze your account

the problem with crypto is that it's a bearer instrument and there is no KYC for wallets or most echanges, so the bank or IRS could blame you for trying to launder some dirty money. Your initial fiat deposit to an exchange will surely serve as some sort of proof that at least you've been involved in crypto and didn't just buy btc on local bitcoins with drug money or something but like I said, you will need a tax attorney, I have my shit sorted out with all transactions and taxes and I'm not even thinking about cashing out anything without consulting with a tax attorney first.

Remember, crypto is still a grey area and boomers hate young people making money so they will most likely try to label you as a criminal who wants to launder dirty money even if you're willin to overpay all the taxes

Al capone went to jail not because of the crimes but because he didn't (couldn't) pay taxes on his dirty money

Well, your country is full of *them*.

You been played, renunce and move to another country, america is dying anyway.

Sales tax is tax too. Roll it into Roth IRA to maybe avoid capital gains.

Why do you think fiat exchanges have heavy KYC?

>paying taxes

bruh just get residency in a crypto tax haven like panama and cash out there.
just make sure you're not an american though KEK

Attached: 1557310279002.png (225x225, 10K)

>Al capone
Mentioning these dust particles to al Capone in relations to tax evasion and imprisonment.
Kys jesus fuck

I will do that, thanks for the advice!

Perhaps if I can't sort things out. Thankfully I'm not american

They said crypto to crypto with 33% capital gains (Like the US) but as long as its accurate enough they're not too bothered but same time 33% sucks ass compared to other places in europe

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/revenue.ie/en/tax-professionals/tdm/income-tax-capital-gains-tax-corporation-tax/part-02/02-01-03.pdf

So if I was employed abroad for a year, could I just pay the tax on it there instead?

I'd say give it 3 years and keep it in stablecoins after you held long term for 1 year so you can cash out 0 tax in many places in europe of your choosing, by the time you come back I'd say you should be fine after that amount of time sure apple and other coorporations never pay tax here lmao

If we all don't pay they will be overran by paperwork so just hodl off on taxes fren

Hey retard, if you can’t even get your trade history, what makes you think the IRS can? Crypto to crypto is a meme. Pay your taxes, but don’t include every .50 cent gain/loss trade you ever made if you don’t fucking want to. Nobody cares

depends... you have to look at the laws. some countries don't care whether you're currently a resident elsewhere, if you earned those gains while you were a resident of your home country you theoretically have to pay them to your home country.
but if you aren't stupid, it's kind of hard for them to track this. especially if you're smart and don't go on a massive spending spree immediately. "technically" it's illegal and you're taking a risk but i really doubt anyone will ask questions if you do it smartly.

Anyone know if theres crypto to crypto tax in the UK

Yes and payments are due every quarter

great thing about panama is it's super easy to get residency status (compared to other havens) and once you get it, you don't even have to live there much.
definitely would recommend it, i'm thinking of it once i plan on cashing out some of my link gains.

They're not going to bother

CGT tax rules apply. You should calculate tax on every trade, and report your income as part of an annual tax return. If it's less than £11.4k profit annually your fine. Anything above that is 20% tax.

depends... if OP cashes out a massive sum and starts spending lavishly, there's a good chance they take the time to check his stuff out.

Cheers lads

What countries have the most favourable laws for this type of shit?

I think this is the most real post ever made on this website.
I wish people on Normiebook had this much awareness.
We are not a free people.

Attached: 1455912480336.gif (500x275, 307K)

Yeah that's a given. If OP is playing with the kind of money that the tax man is interested in, he has the kind of money to pay for a tax lawyer. Sub 50k is chicken shit.

I only paid 15% on over 100k gains.

Portugal and Germany are both 0 tax after 1 year and Netherlands is like 2% or something negligble on what you put in and take out so not crypto to crypto, they're probably 3 comfiest Portugal if u wanna live in the sun, Germany/Netherlands if you're a STEM head (graduating with pharmaceutical degree next year jobs are €60k over there compared to €40 at home so all works out and industry is solid there)

what if
theoretically, you never paid this tax?

Attached: 1427009467161.jpg (396x385, 25K)

depends, you have a number of options if you're in the EU like portugal and germany i believe. don't quote me on that though since i'm not from the EU and don't know how the laws work exactly.
panama is the probably one of the easiest options for non eu people.

But it only counts as income when converted to fiat?

Good info thanks

But what if you never cash out to fiat? At which point do you pay tax?

I wonder what documents you provide for tax department. They won't accept your screenshots, will they? And there is no way any crypto exchange will send you paper documents about your trades.

You'd likely end up in prison if they manage to sort it out

Taxes are a meme
Stop being scared
This is the oldest fud in the book

What if, theoretically, I was super autistic and lacked the awareness to do pay tax?

Yeah download csv file from an exchange and screenshot from your account is all they need, just proves you actually traded what you said and didn't get it from illegal activities , there's a sites where you can just upload csv file too and it'll automatically calculate the tax for you

Ham up the Rainman routine lel