ETH Staking

So, we found out today/yesterday that max ETH staking reward is 8%

Eight Percent. ROI of your node? 8%, locked, max. It can go lower....but 8% is the max.

Want to stake and risk your ETH? 8% max is your reward, via POS implementation. 8% roi with 100% uptime and voting.

So basically, we are fucked. That's the end of any potential dream about living off ETH staking.

Attached: 1560719695904.png (666x666, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coindesk.com/staking-ethereums-mining-alternative-will-be-profitable-but-barely
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ETH is worth $30.

If PoS doesn't add a cap on the supply of ETH, ETH is dead moose meat.

Sauce?

8 % every week, month or year?

even if it were 5%, it would be every 20 eth you stake youd receive 1 eth per year for allowing your computer to run and validate txs. imagine if for every $20 you held, youd receive $1 per year. for every $20,000 you held, youd receive $1000 per year. how can you idiots still not understand that PoS is humanity's escape from usury?

Biz is just poor. They need a 8000% staking reward. They can't afford to save more than a couple hundred bucks.

8%? Most boomers would let Warren buffet fuck their wife for that kind of return.

Also worth mentioning is that institutions will love this. A fairly safe 8% is great. Expect grayscale to load up eth bags.

I hope ethereum flips grandpa coin

and its not even just an 8% $ return. its 8% ETH. so an asset that returns 8% that maybe .1% of the population knows exists. once those boomers understand this shit eth can be $10k/each. factor that into the dollar cost now.

8% per year is fucking high. Is this really the level of inflation that's considered acceptable? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

lel, already get 8% on my eth

pls share your secret fren

Attached: math.jpg (741x568, 73K)

>level of inflation
retard

I bet that the current inflation from ethereum mining is higher

dude that kind of system sounds super inflationary. 8%*[total_staked_amount] in payouts means the supply will increase by that much to pay all the nodes that are locked. literally one of the reasons why fiat is such a bad hold and people hate it so much

> Want to stake and risk your ETH
What's the risk?

Not without risk. Currently people lend out tens of thousands of ETH for ~1% annual interest on Bitfinex margin lending and they have counterparty risk doing that.
They wouldn't do it if there was a better way to earn interest off your ETH.

not all nodes just people with 32 eth or more.

>means the supply will increase by that much to pay all the nodes that are locked
what are tx fees you mong

128 eth here, feeling comfy my fellow nigger sniffers

OP here. I made everything up.

Attached: 1553842859616.gif (498x498, 207K)

checked
but thats okay faggot, i salvaged your thread here coindesk.com/staking-ethereums-mining-alternative-will-be-profitable-but-barely

>“When you include the expenses of running your own machine in your own home, the net yield is 0.80"
....................................................wow its fucking nothing

Attached: NOW.png (642x767, 1012K)

This. If Eth really ends up as the backbone of the global economy then thats like owning bonds at 8%. Basically no risk, just massive reward. It's unironically amazing and I'm happy with it.

Tx fees. And it's not print on demand unlike fiat.

>Assuming ether prices at $160
>$160
coindesk fud is best fud

Crypto has given me the final redpill that when I make it I won't even need to re-invest in dividend stocks and bonds, the best returns are already here in the future

im pretty sure crypto is the final redpill for a reason
>matthew 5: 5

Once Ethereum goes to POS, the amount of tokens will get locked and no new ones will come into existence, brainlet.

if the entirety of ETH is staked, and hypothetically no transactions happen (after all, it's all staked), how will 8% be guaranteed?

But.. what's the risk involved?

most likely it will be around 2% as lot of ethers will be locked

throw your ETH into zuckbucks, try and 50x it, then buy other staking shit like AION / REN

with municipal bonds you get 6% tax free

If there are zero transactions that means nobody is using Ethereum and it would be dead. The whole idea is that ether is used to power the network; there's no realistic scenario in which it's all staked.

5-8% stable investment sounds like shit to these retards who think an investment sucks if it’s less than 2x in a month. People would kill for a stable and controllable 5-8% investment in every other part of history. The liquidity will catch up to crypto too. 5-8% on an appreciating asset is fucking awesome you goddamn morons.

But municipal bonds won't give you 100x. And Ethereum will rise in price constantly.
8% is great, 51k annually from 1 node when Ethereum hits $20k.
> tax free
Implying I will pay taxes from crypto, lol.

PoS only benefits the ethereum foundation with massive eth stacks. They can make 8% per year with millions and be happy. You are now finding out PoS only entrenched the wealthy elites.