US Federal Government tells Facebook to halt development on LIBRE

>US Federal Government tells Facebook to halt development on LIBRE
>UK considers banning crypto

The (((big banks))) are getting scared. Are we going to let them win?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-03 11-14-59.png (773x605, 358K)

>Libra gets banned
>ZBUX goes to $100

Attached: 320141.jpg (399x385, 44K)

>what is a VPN

How exactly will they stop us?

OI M8 U GOT A LOICENSE FOR THOSE ENCRYPTED PACKETS?

>>US Federal Government tells Facebook to halt development on LIBRE
It is LIBRA, but sure you are not LIBRE to use whatever you want if you are a burger.
>UK considers banning crypto
They will ban it for small investors. Read between the lines what that means. The poor must remain poor, the power must not be shared, etc.

In other words, bitcoin is unstoppable as always and anything they try to do to kill it just make it stronger.

The could ban VPNs lol

there's a whole host of networking problems with banning VPNs, it's effectively impossible. The fed could just kill crypto by banning the exchange of crypto and start arresting people for possession, the price would plummet overnight.

>you are not LIBRE to use
hardy har

>banning crypto will cause the price to plummet

Attached: al.jpg (800x533, 42K)

>implying you have a choice

TFW people will get banned for owning WoW items they have not paid a fraction of their magical armor as tax in our future. KEK

what a time to be alive.

>not understanding that crypto is worthless without normies to dump the bags on

Australia is trying to make it mandatory for the government to have backdoors into all non enterprise encryption, including vpns
>what could possibly go wrong

Attached: 1542928466070.png (707x1000, 821K)

They could arrest a few VPN owners too. Most people would voluntarily suspend operations.

Democrats ruin everything.
Totalitarian and low IQ.

How many normies have been in crypto since 2009 and how worthless has it been without them?

>arresting people for possession
That's sounds interesting, tell us more how that works on blockchain.

Here is the thing fellas: the transition between the Wild West and Civilisation is going to be violent. But don't be a pussy and give up on your land just from manufactured fear.

The UK isn't banning Crypto, they are considering banning Crypto CFDs

sounds like a bonzer idea mate

>get IT job in australian government
>blackmail EVERYONE
>become king of australia

>>US Federal Government tells Facebook to halt development on LIBRE
I knew this would happen.
as long as crypto is on the fringes they will tolerate it. but if it goes mainstream then it will be smacked down.

just at look at Jow Forums and tell me it's not full of normies, do you remember when the feds crushed silk road and it obliterated bitcoin's price? Remember when China banned it and the market freaked because it thought more countries were going to follow suit? If the fed and eurozone banned crypto, 90% of the market will be gone and it'll be a huge clusterfuck to get real money out of meme currency. it would get forever relegated to being drug money on silk road copycats and the price wouldn't be even 1/10 what it is right now

Facebook is unironically based.

Libre exists to tie up regulatory resources while the government ignores Bitcoin. It's beautiful. I bet Zuck and Sandberg hold Bitcoin

KEK.
government getting fucked, this is fantastic.

Imagine falling for this low level fud

>start arresting people for possession
This would be incredibly retarded. It goes against every law and constitutional right. IT would cause a massive shitstorm.

FDR did it with gold. People so easily forget.

This is why you should be bullish on Zuckbucks.

because the US government has never arrested someone for possessing gold after declaring possession of gold over a certain value was illegal

that would cause brain drain and massive collateral damage

They’ve outlawed private possession of gold in the past.
Governments won’t tolerate anything that poses a threat to their monopoly and control.

This. It's mathematically impossible

Brain drain to where? Is someone going to move to some third world shithole just to keep development going on crypto? I don't think so.

GOD THEY'RE SO FUCKING STUPID. THEY COULD HAVE FUCKING KILLED IT JUST BY HOLDING THE SILK ROAD COINS IN PERPETUITY AND NOT GIVING A CLEAR SIGNAL ABOUT WHAT THEY WOULD DO WITH THEM. BUT THEY SOLD THEM FOR AN AMOUNT THAT WOULDN'T EVEN SHOW UP IN THEIR BOOKS AS A ROUNDING ERROR. WHAT THE FUCK

LIBRA OUTDATED, BTC OVERRATED, LONG HAVE WE WAITED, NOW WE ZUCKBAITED

That era was the commiest period of US history and will likely never happen again

I'm thinking more along the lines that it would create massive uncertainty in terms of the rule of law in the american economy for other businesses. similar to trump's handling of the fed which is already having a similar effect (seen in the bitcoin rally since the rate cut). where? to the blockchain

This

kek thinking about it I guess when I said brain drain I meant capital flight. but they're almost the same thing these days as far as I can tell

Wait for Central American streetshitters to make up a majority of our population and for the old white boomers to die off, and see if that's still the case.

how the fuck are they going to back door true crypt, veracrypt or lucks when open source....