Rich Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

So should I read it or not?
I've heard mixed opinions about Kiyosaki's magna opus

Attached: images (3).jpg (451x680, 53K)

tl/dr
the rich don't pay taxes because they borrow money(non-taxable event) and invest it in income producing assets, rinse and repeat until rich.

I prefer DRUNK DAD HUNG DAD
mmmmmm

Unironically one of the best book I've ever read. Inb4 triggers some /lit/ bro but whatever, read it years ago and it's great, every high school kid should read it.

Interesting

There's some good stuff in there. I liked the one about waiting until the last minute to pay your bills, because once you pay your bills, that's less money you have to invest. Dude knows how to hustle

Basically this.

Richest man in Babylon is a better read for the sake of wealth accumulation

>teaches you the rich mentality
actually doesn't teach you how to be rich. tells you at the end "BUY XYZ to know how to be rich"
good starter book, but don't buy his other stuff

> what are interest rates?

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Buy assets, not liabilities
Repeat the same thing for 200 pages

Good book, though.

It's a good book but I personally don't like using real estate or debt to build assets. It did help me to understand that a personal home isn't an asset but rather a liability which is the reason why I still choose to rent and will only rent.

user, I E read many personal finance books and rich dad poor Dad was unironically the best one. He talks a lot of the philosophy and differing mindsets between rich and middle class. For example, he explains that when someone with a middle class mindset increases their income they will just spend it on cars and housing rather than buying income producing assets and so will ultimately be no better off financially.

How do RE mortgage interest rates compare with income or even capital gains tax rates?

Take all the time you need, I'll wait.

anons saying this is good and are still here, is this any better than the millionaire fastlane book?

The millionaire next door might be the better book than fastlane. Ultimately richdad has some good advice, especially cashflow quadrant, but nothing is saying exactly what to do. You have to make your own plan. Investing takes cash. Business takes cash. You have to wage to get cash.

read this book recently after hearing a lot about it. Had some good tid bits of advice but mostly talked about his experience flipping houses and shit. Tom Vu style

Attached: vu_yacht_3.jpg (320x240, 28K)

Like anything else it requires time and a lot of effort to apply the knowledge.

Attached: 309457BB-E9BD-4B02-8FC1-28D1BFD660D9.gif (1680x1188, 117K)

Or just read the summary on Blinkist

Attached: EB9AD478-D8CD-4153-A39E-9F6D09F0D1DC.jpg (4032x3024, 1.95M)

Attached: 20190629_083419.jpg (1920x1920, 880K)

This is a book Amwayfags use to lure people in their scam

Kiyosaki is also a fraud

It's obviously just marketing bullshit packaged in a digestible way for normies. like most these shitty books.

Look at the fucking name of it ffs. "rich dad" already trying to pander to the dads who have a family to feed and struggle to make it while wagecucking. hes trying to promote, and be some kind of role model to them to say you can become a rich dad while wagecucking. Lots of guys would pick this up for that reason alone.
Then the book probably gives basic AF advice written in a way that normies can digest, while also not really providing anything concrete or meaningful but at the same time giving empowering messages and examples of people in similar situations. this makes normies feel good, they all go copy each other and get nowhere.
FUCK its too fucking easy to exploit the masses ffs. hats off to the guy, he found a niche and is preying on it.

It's literally the male version of the single moms on facebook trying to sell jewelry and buying into the "work from home and make $1000 a week" marketing crap from people targeting them. normies have no brains

Attached: 1533145458643.jpg (500x667, 62K)

This book is truly targeted to thus people who feel truly down, financially unstable. It gives some brief basics to economics and other set of paragraphs to have you feel motivated, that goes for any other book in the same niche to be honest.

It doesn't hurt to read the book, neither does it entitle you as a "brainlet" whether you read it or not. There are 207 pages, for an average reader it shouldn't take more than 4 hours. The primarily thing the author is aiming for the average reader is to change his mindset, that's about it. Read more books and things in your brain just connect.

When was the last time you read a book? Go for it.

I get that. It probably has some value to some people. But the marketing and such is certainly push to a certain group of people to squeeze the mas much as possible.

But you know what i've learnt? The money mindset is not something that can even be taught. I highly believe it's nature over nurture. Many people i've met who have the "rich mindset" were never taught it. they just have it. they may not know the most efficient ways to make their money work for them, or have enough to really leverage it, but they still have that key mindset, and all they need is the whats.

In contrast, many rich faggots and second or third generation rich people i know who are clueless about that. they dont have that mindset at all. Many middle class people who /made it/ from their job who lack that mindset and spend all their shit. This shit just seems like it can't be taught. I've even tried to educate some people in my time on it and it never sticks. I've seen fags read books like this and understand it but it just doesnt seem to stick with them.

This shit is nature not nurture. to people with that mindset, they always had it.

Attached: 1526667459590.jpg (852x1280, 125K)

Read think and grow rich or the richest man in Babylon for non marketing and buzzword bullshit