Bitcoin Mining - LOAN!??

So I've got access to ''free electricity''

Thinking about ask for a 10k loan and buying a shit lot of Asic Miners to mine bitcoins.

How retarded is this biz idea?

Attached: 1388855620217.png (640x478, 431K)

Calculate hashrate and mine something else

Go on whattomine

Ok so I did the calculations.

With 10K I can afford about 6 S17s pro.

Which equals to around 300TH/s. With zero electricity costs, Nicehas says this would give me about 3k a month in bitcoin.
This sounds too good to be real

Am I tripping here, what am I missing?

To power up those things you need a power plant, do you know that?

It's unironically a good idea. Just don't forget to sell this miners to some idiots once Bitcoin reached ATH

Ok so I am not very well versed in this side of physics. But as far as I can understand.

Each unit would be around 2000w each running 24h.

So 2000w * 6 12Kw. I have a fuse box with two cables, each fuse is 690v and 100amps.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't I have like 69kW to play with? (Not being condescending, I genuinly don't know this shit)

What does ATH mean?

sounds like you gonna burn shit down, or yourself

Wouldn't be the first time, then again last time I burnt the kitchen for 1k in damage, the company paid me 5k for some reason!

Shit pays dude

check 3 times if you're right, and if electric company is giving you 12kw

Oh well the thing is, let's just say the electricity line thing is connected to the main powerline.

So I don't think whether the company is giving me 12KW to my home actually matters

If you have attached to the main power line in any matter outside the law expect a swift visit.

Electricity does not simply vanish user. The company will send someone over and he will see that you have tapped to the power and you are gonna get arested.

Research this very carefully!

There is a story about a family being arested for tapping to the magnetic field of high power line passing underground theyr property.

Better off just putting that 10k into chainlink and waiting.

are you sure that whoever pays for the electricy doesn't cut you off after you add $2000 to their monthly electricity bill?

Ok so this is how it goes.

I bought this house from a dude that already did this, I don't know what he used that much power for but must have been something big.

It's been like that for 4 years now, we've never had an issue and he told me the line is actually like buried deep underground with cement and shit.

How likely is it the company can pin point the location?

Fix it, Tyrone.

I doubt the company would be happy, yeah

Nigga I ain't digging 10 feet underground and breaking off cement to remove a cable I don't even have the knowledge to handle.

You're retarded if you think 12Kw is sustainable if not industrial.
I've a 3 bedroom house and the max I get is 4.x

Again,the cable is connected to the main powerline thingy which just so happens to be inside my land.

2000w from a 120v supply would be 16.6 amps. Which means you're going to want 20 amp fuse for EACH circuit (1 unit running per circuit) and the correct gauge of cable for 20 amp, which is one gauge size higher than a standard outlet in a normal house which are rated for 15amp.

You need 6x 20 amp circuits which is 120 amps. Most residential services are 100 amp services. You'd need to upgrade to 200 amp which is usually very expensive if you wanted to run 6.

So with a normal 100 amp service and upgraded wiring and outlets for 20 amp devices, you could max run 4 of those things safely if you intend to use a refrigerator, personal computer, lights, etc while you live there.

4 sounds prett good desu. Thanks for the input I appreciate it.

Still, some decent passive income and way to get ahold of Bitcoins imo

This is going to be set up in the place where you live right?

Depending on what country you live in, you could get flagged by the extreme power usage and get raided by cops thinking you have a grow op going on in your basement.

Yeah, it's inside the land. Do you think 4 S17 Asic miners would really bring that much attention?

Its a bad idea. I got a few antminers and never made money.

Made more on one biz airdrop and it was free.

Why is this an issue? He's not doing a grow op

How come you never made money?

Don't be a retard. Get your miners second hand from Ali Express.
Don't piss money away on new ASIC, they are only more energy efficient, get T1s or S9s, cheaper and so you can get higher hashrate.
There is also software like Braiins OS readily available for ones like SO which allow you to overclock the S9 as T1.
My S9 gets 16TH and my T1 get 17TH all for a $300 investment each

Yeah this.

So let's say they come here and find nothing but some Asic computers, what then?

I was thinking about that but, don't they consume like the same as a S17?

Like I can only put so many in the system before I reach a limit so despite having free electricity I'd still want the most energy efficient so I don't tax the system having to buy a lot more Miners to reach the same TH.
Am I wrong?

Cause he is stealing electricity...
user you bought a house or whatever with a guy stealing electricity for 4 years. Which granted is awesome.

Its not your problem you can just say I bought this house on this date you are looking for the previous owner.

However continiue using the set up will get you fined at best.

You can't just act retarded and say I did not know that power costs money.

The previous guy put ton off cement cause he knew how easy is to trace user. Literally if someone from the electricity company comes and decides to follow where you get electricity it will lead him to the cement place as simple as following a cable line.

Only way I can think of this working is to wire the house properly and connect Just the miners to the iligal line.

This way you can fake ignorance that you know nothing about the miners and your paying the electricity for your house and those miners must be the previous owners

Bullshit. You just need to no overload any power outlets
I've been mining with multiple miners at home for best part of a year.
The only problem is the electrical accessories - I melted an extension cord ... Do not get your cables cheap and make sure the correct fuse is in all the equipment.

Assuming you live in a first world country, they'll KNOW you're siphoning power, and launch a full investigation into you. You'll then have to pay debts and fees.

Did they pay off?

Don't listen to these retards, you are on the right track.
Your Amps is the restricting factor. That is what value of Amps can your supply handle.
Are your outlets 240V or 120V?

If you are 240V they will likely be rated to 22Amps each.

I a miner pulls 2000w on a 240v supply , P=IV , your miner is drawing 8.3A - you can easily handle 2 miners per outlet.
Let's say your circuit is rated to 32Amp (pretty normal but low for some commercial buildings) then you couldnt safely use more than 3 miners.
More than 3 an you'd risk tripping a circuit breaker or melting some wires. Of course this mean you want as high a current allowence as possible.

.Fuck yeah, since February they have more than doubled my investment

Yep , and they will retroactively sue you for shit tons of other power you didn't steal.
You might even lose your land depending on how much of a dick they choose to be.
I stole power for 6 months once and maybe it was like 400 dollars worth , my fines, court fees, and backed power charges that I had zero say in was just north of 25k.
It is not just a civil matter either , if I didn't pay I was facing felony theft instead of the misdemeanor it got bumped down to.

They will audit and determine the increased consumption, they do efficiency checks all the time. Mine was for less than 2 amps consistent , and your dumb ass is talking about running a room of Bitcoin miners.

Attached: 1535175635794.jpg (2048x1536, 635K)

You're right but the initial cost is substantially higher. Delaying your profit day a lot.

How did they did out you were stealing electricity.

I fucking told you, they do efficiency checks.
They are networked into their substations and notice when draw is not being x % payed for at the meters. So they follow the lines to the source of the extra draw. They have to do this for all kinds of shit outside of just people stealing power like bad components and fucked up lines.

Attached: 1521012163760.png (1567x1253, 188K)

Not sure if it's worth nothing but.

The towers are located in a very rural area with tons of little communities separates kilometers away in the mountains.

Like sure, you could see that ''x'' area is missing energy vs payment. But how would you go about finding out which one of the shitty little houses is taking the energy?
Like the system doesn't seem like it would allow for that level of precision, wouldn't an investigation for each and every house be more expensive for the company?

How did you go about stealing it? Were you connected to a towerline thingy too?

No , they just go from the substation to the junctions and measure the draw with a computer that tells them the historical usage based on meters. If one seems significantly off they follow it.
I need to admit I was given this information second hand from my lawyer and he is not an expert on their methods.
You need to understand that these investigations are funded by the fucking DEA which has unlimited money. They are mostly looking for people growing weed. So the company loses zero dollars performing these efficiency checks as they just send the bill to Uncle Sam .

Attached: 1518612580886.jpg (638x470, 51K)

>How retarded is this biz idea?
ultra retarded

How long did they take to find you? Cause this fucker had this for like 10 years or something, way before I bought the house 4 years ago.

I never heard anything from the company

I literally said 6 months , is everyone here retarted or just you?
Plus this is all a massive larp, because I am bored.

I would never steal power because I am not a nigger.

Attached: 1520142596747.jpg (384x480, 28K)

But only niggers lie, at least I am telling the truth