/smg/ - Stock Market General

/smg/ - Stock Making General, Mirepoix edition

Beef, chicken or vegetable?
Trimmings or fresh ingredients?
Filter with fine mesh sieve or coffee filter?
How long to simmer?

IRC channel:
#/smg/ on irc.rizon.net

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for you:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Free advanced charting tools:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/
finscreener.com/

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php
Get ThinkOrSwim with a TDA account

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Best free stock screener
finviz.com/
tradingview.com/screener/

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Options Markets 101:
cdn.ymaws.com/afajof.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/files/Historical_Texts/cox-rubinstein-ocr-1985.pdf

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

Old stock at

Attached: vegetable-stock-before-simmering-overhead.jpg (600x408, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jhExvE5fvJw
etfdb.com/etfs/country/japan/#etfs__expenses&sort_name=assets_under_management&sort_order=desc&page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

convince me not to go balls deep in AMC theatres rn

You should get HMNY instead.

>14664602
ok, dont do it.

I wanna get balls deep in a roastie in an AMC theater

hmmm okay, I don't understand why that'd be the case but I'll adjust my buys accordingly

Attached: ghoastfire.jpg (223x310, 29K)

I feel much more confident in my ability to navigate the stock market when I have you guys backing me up. Thanks for being there to give me advice and keeping me informed!

Attached: large.jpg (500x536, 103K)

Why is AMD getting shilled with a 126 P/E?
>please respond

>boning a toastie
Guess you're long $STD then

>pic related is about to be my dinner
>except grilled chicken not fried, and no dutch dessert

because some of us remember when it was shilled at $2 a share

Attached: 190509-mcdonalds-mn-0900_7395fc9a60133fec0bb0788e96f1423b.fit-760w (1).jpg (760x428, 65K)

future sight was such a fucked up set

AMD helps these fags jerk it to 2D tentacle rape

> over 8.1 million SPY sold at 4:10 PM

Hold on, what the fuck was that?

Attached: bull alert.jpg (516x398, 17K)

first for
>people here are so retarded, they don't even realize ETFs have fees

bitcorn over 12k again :P

Attached: EB0RrGu.jpg (960x720, 415K)

Do it man just have a stop loss or something

goddamn if you ain't telling the truth
that's why I like to handclean my gibs

Jokes on you I already have hepatitis c from my last heroin bender loser

Probably the CEO trying to unload their shit stock on some retards

I might go back and get one of those dutch deserts. I bet it's fucking good.

you being into magic the gathering is the funniest thing to me, I just can't get over it. Ever consider getting into MTG finance? There are whole websites with charts and stuff and people speculate on card values based on what they expect to be printed in the next set. When I was 14 I made big money flipping onslaught dual lands, promptly blew it all on alara booster boxes though kek

Attached: shlurp.jpg (150x236, 9K)

Hit the gym instead you fat fuck

>bought the HEXO dip instead of the the dips in NTDOY, CGC, AAPL, C, VMW, or motherfucking SoftBank

Do you guys think it’s possible that maybe I’m just not a very good investor? That can’t be right, can it?

I’m never too proud to hear some good advice.

That’s so fucking cute. I bet they did crossword puzzles too.

>spammed the buy orderbook on the ghost points
English plz

Why isn’t she drinking a monster, rockstar, or BANG!

Attached: C0CD5E5C-86DA-4898-A4E2-BE478A7E452E.jpg (1200x1333, 175K)

it's the only way you could get charts really. you had to make them on your own and the paper only gave you the daily high and low and the close price

I obviously can't understand your intensely well thought out hyper-strategy. You should write up the entire strategy and with a historical analysis as well. Then continue to use the strategy and document all of your trades here instead of using the same low dollar screenshot over and over and over again.

Idk what the Dutch desert is, I'm just avoiding it so I can get dat protein %

Attached: Screenshot_20190708-164609.png (1440x2960, 200K)

Have a feeling GALT may release a PR about their addition to the Russell 2000 tomorrow (they were added to the Russell in 2014 and issued a PR on July 9th, they usually release news on Tuesdays, and there was a little spike with a lot of small block trades in the last hour or so)
It won't be a significant catalyst, any spike that comes from it would be short term and temporary, though it could be useful in the context of BO negotiations to make the premium the acquiring company is paying relative to the current market cap of the company lower, thereby making it look like a better deal
We're looking for one of the following with GALT

>approved phase 3 trial (NASH-RX) protocol
>results from extension/expansion cohort in the Keytruda combo trial
>IO partnership
>buyout

This is all that's relevant right now in terms of the company's fundamentals

I am in the process of doing so. But I have decided I won't help any of you. I will merely screenshot each days profits(I had the most today out of any of you) and post it for you losers to see.

You all suck and deserve nothing, you're deeply all unenlightened.

no alcohol in those juices

Attached: ayuko-hayamizu-2498.jpg (300x462, 141K)

I still have full play sets of the onslaught fetch lands from when I was in high school. To be honest though I've played one paper event since 2005. I know my play set of guru basic lands have to be worth at least $2500

Yeah I think I might go to the gym tomorrow after work. That'd be nice.

Trading some paper money account isn’t really trading kid

I couldn't help but link this to Jow Forums this is literally how you describe this board.

Attached: 174807.jpg (744x897, 244K)

>feeding the bait

Attached: enough bait.gif (450x523, 85K)

>Robinhood is paper trading

Your jealousy is large.

Guys how rich is snss going to make me?

I demand you show one of these hand-writted charts.

Please

20 bagger, but you'll sell it at 2 dollars instead of holding until 14,

its a never ending war against Leslie Goldberg and Cheryl Dragoo, they wont get my shares this time

I dont advocate for AMD but high outlier p/e are typically bullish implying that large specs expect earnings to rapidly increase (see netflix)
In contrast, low p/e English plz
ghost candles are candles nobody can see or will see

Attached: lxaprx.png (241x318, 90K)

Redpill me on snss then

Yeah I too like Hemingway

sadly they're both dead and my grandmother passed not too long ago and she had moved in with my aunt shortly before she passed and then my aunt threw away most of her shit two weeks later or something. it was shitty of her

I have 8 shares in SNSS. Am I rich yet?

keep yourself safe DITWSDFHJHGS.

Thanks you do the same broski

I heard it was going up big time so I bought calls.

I have no clue what they do, but they're not GALT.

>reads a book
>hemingway xDDD

You lost a relic and checked!

Attached: 1528590941881.jpg (600x800, 127K)

Well fuck, how much shares you got

I was just shitposting it’s funny I was listening to that exact passage on YouTube like yesterday

Of all the trading books that’s really the only one I go back and read

21 $1 call options

0, though he did say he was going to buy some puts

Any idea as to why the insane volume spike?

Is it related to it also being the dividend pay date? Could DRiP hit it that hard?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 2.07.07 PM.png (570x208, 32K)

so spy 294-297 for the next year? this shit is so dumb

ror

Please no more crab market. I don't care if VIX hits 0 or 100 just give me some fucking motion.

The market gets crabbier the more often you look at it

Attached: 1562289454055.png (345x344, 132K)

0 VIX would imply no motion user.

Then that would mean time would stop, like we're in a black hole.

Racist. Filtered

*decays into options premiums*

I'm down 0.11% but overall I'm up 19.78% so yeah... Least I'm not you know in the red 20k.

Go AMRN Go! T Babies hold 4 life!

doesnt mean anything, it's a very low volume etf. would suggest using EWJ instead

youtu.be/jhExvE5fvJw

this is for you guys

im new, should i focus on a few stocks (5 max) or expand my list (15+)

>based thermodynamic poster

Attached: Boltzmann's Law.jpg (1000x367, 68K)

focus on two big ones user

Attached: 1561738107252.jpg (850x1104, 206K)

I'm not going to tell you what to do regarding diversity, but you should throw $50 in SNSS and celebrate when you make your first yang

Attached: 1553541303704.jpg (1462x622, 251K)

>pennies
ehh maybe ill throw a 50

which ones do you pick

more is better, and dont use ETF's false "diversity" (which is undercut with maintenance fees)

Attached: Diversification Chart 1.png (1177x915, 72K)

no problemo

Attached: 1560277600810.png (1538x1286, 2.3M)

would you rather fuck up on one stock or twenty

>I'm down 0.11%

This is absolutely nothing, complete noise
Not even worth noting

>EWJ Net Expense Ratio 0.47%
>JPN Net Expense Ratio 0.09%

You think it's worth it?

who else up 7.5 presents today

Anyone else holding morl for the dividend? Any other stocks with a great dividend like that you guys are holding

i only mentioned EWJ because it's popular. if you want long term exposure there it's probably worth doing research across all available products

etfdb.com/etfs/country/japan/#etfs__expenses&sort_name=assets_under_management&sort_order=desc&page=1

gettin drunk wrappin up paperwork for the day

boy do I hate my job paperwork is gay as fuck

>t. pleb slinging nickels

KO, MSFT, T, MO

>cant do what I do

whos the real pleb

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

based

Attached: dividends are your fren.jpg (423x245, 21K)

you could always, do the DEW

Dividends
Every
Week

Attached: DEW calendar.png (554x719, 108K)

>first you buy 3-4 mainstream ETFs with low fees, covering domestic and foreign markets
>Depending on your broker, you could trade some of these commission free, with fees of like .06% which is as good as it gets
>Once you've had some skin in the game, you learn about companies you like and personally use. Around here, people shill tech companies all day, so try not to invest solely in tech stocks
>You will acquire individual stocks, which 99% of the population are doing essentially blindly, and you will lose money in the short term, which will begin your journey of testing your discipline in the face of your first losses
>Eventually you will take the divvy pill and consider a DRIP type of investment strategy, which is only long-term but very effective
>If you want big gains quick, you experiment with derivative options trading, and you will lose a lot of money doing this. If you want to avoid these losses, spend 6-12 months paper trading and watch youtube tutorials on spreads and shit
>learn charts, and I don't just mean finance charts
>and remember, never fucking sell
good luck

Attached: 1560745079251.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

$VRUS just announced $600k in financing, notes convertible at $0.1.

When people are financing the company at more than 3x the current share price you know big things are happening.

MLB ice cream produced and ready to ship soon. Hope you've bought your tickets.

Attached: D-fRuOEUwAAzLBy.jpg (2048x1536, 615K)

>spend 6-12 months paper trading and watch youtube tutorials on spreads and shit
This, unironically use RH because you should be trading in cheap single contracts for a while so you can learn how they move.

>But I have decided I won't help any of you. I will merely screenshot each days profits(I had the most today out of any of you) and post it for you losers to see. You all suck and deserve nothing, you're deeply all unenlightened.

this like the 10000th time me have read posts like this on financially boards -_-;
what am it about finances that drive people for make post like that so often

god damn learning this stuff makes me feel like a brainlet but i'm determined to keep chugging along until i can trade competently

Attached: 1554627591162.png (554x889, 452K)

In the meantime, shove your money into low-expense, fee-free index funds plz.

Just went to make a return and this popped up...
I'm thinkin I should've bought more KSS

On a pullback*

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 3.33.48 PM.png (930x868, 99K)

All you had to do was accept the DITMLCSMM.

Updated DEW calendar to include my new position in PH

Attached: DEW Calendar 7-8-19.png (570x737, 119K)

lazy fuck here, how much should i theoretically invest where i get enough from dividends that i shouldnt give a shit about capital gains

when me first started posting on /smg/ me had no problem explain strategy and helpy people understooding what me do despite being made fun of and told to kill self everyday

you should try doing that instead of being jerk and expecting people believe you when they have no reason for

Attached: SPY-8-24.jpg (1401x2415, 545K)

The famous triple top for Tyson?

Attached: 83CD24D0-54E2-44AA-93A1-9F45714C0D6D.png (1125x2001, 262K)

based and OwO pilled

Attached: smug3.jpg (532x528, 87K)

You'll want to have about $1.5-$2 million invested. Now how much you personally invest depends on your timeline.

The post-GALT Pendfoilio™ if GALT gets bought out in the near term

>CATS (this one is thinly traded, might be at risk of a pullback short term, but is promising long term)
>DYAI
>ATHX

If it happens at $20 (actually a very reasonable estimate for the premium on a small biotech like this getting bought out, only ~5x the current market cap), it'll zoom immediately up to $19 or so and hover there for months until the deal is finalized
I would personally sell at that $19 level for the sake of diversifying my portfolio
Assuming a price of $19 when I sell (would likely either be slightly higher or slightly lower), the value of my portfolio would be $5,814
Would put roughly $1000 in each of those initially and keep the rest in cash for averaging down on intermediate-term dips or making shorter-term trades

Have you ever heard story of Options Sniper the Scammer /smg/

He wa big name in Twitter finance world. He would "call" options even though his record no that good. Well he had been hyping up his private Twitter sub service for months.

Just a few days ago he released his sub service, made 200k in like 3 days.

He just closed down his service and deleted twitter w/o calling even one option. O_O