Just accidentally sent my 8k link stack to the wrong address. Bros, don't make the same mistake I made...

Just accidentally sent my 8k link stack to the wrong address. Bros, don't make the same mistake I made. Double check your address after typing it out. I lost half my net worth due to a typo

MY LINKIES ARE GONE!!!!!!

Attached: 1561836808311.png (583x608, 374K)

Show tx id larper, sage this reddit thread

Attached: 1503271991676.gif (290x189, 2.87M)

just call the erc council so they can roll it back.

why no copy paste?

just got them op, thanks. is 8k enough to make it?

seriously, where does crypto go when you send it to the wrong address? Like an address that doesn't exist?

That is why I save my stuff in a txt file to copy and paste. Easy as a pie.

Attached: FrQZ4yS.jpg (800x850, 96K)

wtf some user just gifted me 8k link praise kek hail the heavens im buying a lottery ticket right now

Attached: cliffh.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

LMAO you dumb fuck just use COPY PASTE

It just disappears, you can no longer access it and nobody ever will.

It goes to the address you sent it to. All addresses exist already. However, there are many, many, many more addresses than there will ever be need for. You need the private key of an address to send funds from that address. For your address you start with the private key and find the corresponding address. But going the other way around is non-trivial (almost impossible). Fat-fingered transfers go to addresses where no one holds the private key. Since no one has the keys, and the keys cannot be derived by current computing technology, those funds are essentially lost. If we are ever able to access it, that means the cryptographic basis for the blockchain has been broken and the funds would be worthless.

if someone generates the private key randomly to that address, which is very unlikely, he will wake up to a nice stack of 8k linkies

well dang. I can see why mass adoption would be stifled just because of that. Too many people make mistakes

pretty sure there will be user interfaces where you can literally not do anything wrong unless you want to do it wrong.

What I do is copy paste and verify the string on Etherscan.io

I did nearly make the same mistake you made OP when I was sending things to my meta mask account as I was sending it to my Ropsten and not my main network address. Luckily, they use the same address, but it was terribly sloppy of me to not pay attention to which network I was sending my links to.

Even though I always triple-check, I always send a small 5% portion of every transfer and just eat the extra fees as a cost of doing business, just in case something like this happens

So you’re down by what, thirty bucks?

thank you for burning 8k link, marine. you're doing god's work

Personally, I always send a few test transactions before sending everything to be extra sure - while balancing on the verge of a heart attack the whole time.

what if you send it to a nonexistent address, but then later that address is created?

Imagine, for one second, being this retarded

Thats so weird cause I just randomly recieved 8000 link, haha, what a weird coincidence.

you'll have access to every token sent to it, but the chances are so low you'd waste your life trying

zjankqu meiester wohjhax.

Attached: 8klink.png (336x376, 229K)

>typing
also, show ID transaction or it didnt happen

Imagine starting a new wallet and discovering 8k links in it already kek

This is FUD, LINK will have so many users in the future that there is a considerable chance that the address will be getting used.

>send test nulink
>Validate nulink address
>Receive test nulink
>Repeat within same web session
> Open Excel copy nulink address
>Formula, if nulink address=copy pasted nurlink address
>If true, Send nulink Fortune and await singularity
>If false, your mom will die in her sleep if you don't respond to this post

give Vitalik a ring, I heard he can roll back an immutable blockchain.

In 2035,, when Link is like 100k each or something wild.

You fail to factor in blockchain agnosticism. Ethereum might not even account for the majority of LINK holders.

A nibba just recieved 8k

>14666851#

CUM

thx for lowering the supply and helping raise the price long-term