We're gonna make it boys

Attached: 1521658554-Monero-Price-Update-25-February-2018-XMR-1.jpg (1200x630, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thenextweb.com/hardfork/2019/07/04/monero-cryptocurrency-security-flaw-bug-hackerone-disclosure-hack/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ive got 40. Aiming for 50 but its a slow crawl for me

I fear when i get to 50, ill want 75, 100 and so on

Its a disease

>not owning an unknown amount of XMR
not gonna make it

It's good for buying drugs, but not for making money (unless you buy the drugs in bulk and resell them on the street).

Jokes on you im a shitposting AI

>Not thinking people will want financial privacy in the future
Imagine being this retarded

Why don't people want financial privacy now?

Eventually they will.

I think there are plenty of people in places like Venezuela who do.

Unless a critical flaw wipes out the market
thenextweb.com/hardfork/2019/07/04/monero-cryptocurrency-security-flaw-bug-hackerone-disclosure-hack/

this was patched a year ago

People don’t want financial privacy? Just fucking lol. Ask 1000 people to post there bank statements and not one will take you up on the offer.

Because very few people are actually using their memecoins at the moment and have no idea what fungibility even means or why they might want to have that.
At the point where someone realizes that using an open blockchain is similar to posting your bank transactions on faceborg is when they'll look for something like monero.
Most people are far form that point. It'll reverse in time. Until then Monero will keep developing the code, it'll be there and useful for the ones that actually have a use for it and you have some more time to get a higher unknown amount of XMR.

Attached: monero.jpg (724x1024, 124K)

Based

Attached: IMG_20190708_144718_358.jpg (200x251, 10K)

Yeah I have 72... thinking about that too... buying more

ok shill me biz why should I buy monero

it's the only fungible cryptocurrency and every transaction is private. When you send BTC to someone, they can just look up your address on the block explorer and see how much money you have, where you send it, etc. With monero, none of that exists. xmrchain.net

Don't forget about Tari, which is a digital asset platform sidechain in the works atm, which will be merge mined with monero

Also third highest developers count of all crypto

why can't i just generate a new address for each bitcoin transaction and once you sent it out of an address you received it from, how would anybody know if you are still the owner of said coins?

because when you send someone money they can just check the address it came from on the blockchain...

Chain analysis companies literally run their buisnesses off of de-anonymizing stuff like this, and with Bitcoin since it's transparent, it's pretty easy

Doesn’t solve the fungibility problem

ok big guy. So why should I prioritize monero above any other privacy coin (verge, zcash etc)?

but what if it's a fresh address, who cares?

>dumps more

Attached: 1559243260198.jpg (458x458, 22K)

why is there no market for "tainted coins" if it matters?

Attached: zcash.jpg (724x429, 40K)

monero has privacy by default, and zcash has a trusted setup without privacy by default. zcash is also run buy a (((US based company)))
are you able to do critical thinking?

how do you link somebody's identity to a coin if it's been bumped around through multiple addresses and therefore why does it matter?

because when you eventually send the bitcoin to someone (this is called spending your bitcoin, an integral function of currency) people will know that address belongs to you, and will also be able to track all those previous bumps

I like monero but currently it's price is doing the same as bitcoin, but less good. I don't think I'll buy right now

buy high, sell low

so some random person on the internet is going to give my identity and bitcoin address to the government when i buy a dragon dildo?

1. You are travelling through parts of a country with a medium to high violent crime rate. You need to use some of your Bitcoin to pay for something. If every person you transact with knows exactly how much money you have, this is a threat to your personal physical safety.

2. You are a business that receives a payment from a supplier. That supplier will be able to see how much money your business has, and therefore can guess at how price sensitive you are in future negotiations. They can see every single other payment you’ve ever received to that Bitcoin address, and therefore determine what other suppliers you are dealing with and how much you are paying those suppliers. They may be able to roughly determine how many customers you have and how much you charge your customers. This is commercially sensitive information that damages your negotiating position enough to cause you relative financial loss.

3. You are a private citizen paying for online goods and services. You are aware that it is common practice for companies to attempt to use ‘price discrimination’ algorithms to attempt to determine the highest prices they can offer future services to you at, and you would prefer they do not have the information advantage of knowing how much you spend and where you spend it.

4. You sell cupcakes and receive Bitcoin as payment. It turns out that someone who owned that Bitcoin before you was involved in criminal activity. Now you are worried that you have become a suspect in a criminal case, because the movement of funds to you is a matter of public record. You are also worried that certain Bitcoins that you thought you owned will be considered ‘tainted’ and that others will refuse to accept them as payment.

>user buys questionable things let's blacklist him

>user gets paid by someone else with coins used on a darknet market and now the feds think he's a drug dealer let's bring him in for questioning

That's the Jow Forums way

Fud?

Attached: 1547436328504.gif (288x377, 1.83M)

good points. Still not sold on why monero > Verge though.

Verge is a absolute shitcoin scam with incompetent devs and multiple "hacks" increasing the coins supply and other bs

Monero is actually the real deal

Attached: Monero-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

I'm so in the red with Monero I want to die.

>Verge

Jesus, seriously?

Attached: 1518816967942.jpg (400x311, 19K)

Actually you're the only one here who isn't.

I'm just scared the authorities go full oy vey on monero and shut it down due to privacy benefits. Imagine exchanges being forced to remove monero from trading. Of course that doesn't decrease its usability, but it can have a huge effect on its price.

poloniex just added a fiat on ramp for monero

sorry, dumb and 4am. What's fiat on ramp?

Meaning a gateway to buy it with paper money

Did you not hear about the Panama papers? It should be obvious.

Because alcohol totally got cheaper during prohibition

That would simply prove for all to see that XMR is the most private, untraceable, secure cryptocurrency in the world.

Shhhhh.
Let them get rekt, I'm just waiting for Monero's mcap to flow into Zcash