Boomers at my university still use norton for computer antivirus

>boomers at my university still use norton for computer antivirus
>got an XMR mining "virus" off of the darkweb, paid 1BTC for it
>it's supposed to work off a usb drive as a plug-and-infect type of thing
>tested it on university computer, it works
>i've since infected 3 computer labs (~200 computers) with the virus, mining XMR and sending it to my wallet
>miner uses less that 3% of CPU time during the day and up to 15% from 12am - 5am
>i've already gotten 12 XMR in less than a month
why the fuck isn't everyone doing this?

Attached: file.png (474x266, 37K)

1BTC is a too steep, user. No way for me to know it works.

What is fraud and theft of services, alex?

i took a risk and it paid off. i had 18 btc at the time so it wasn't too much

>What is fraud and theft of services, alex?
and how am i going to get caught?

So, thumb drive comes in the mail. How do you set it up? How long does it take to install the virus onto a computer?

>So, thumb drive comes in the mail.
yeah, i asked him to send me the files and let me set it up but he refused

>How long does it take to install the virus onto a computer?
like 5 seconds per computer lmao. i want to expand but i've been really careful to not get caught on camera walking in alone and doing other suspicious shit.

>takes over a year to pay for itself
Not really a good idea unless you can safely infect thousands of computers. Also, if you get caught you're literally going to jail.

>takes over a year to pay for itself
ya i'm kind of worried about that but we'll see what happens. i'm holding over 18btc so i didn't lose too much

>Also, if you get caught you're literally going to jail.
You think he is? Sounds like a nightmare for a prosecutor to prove beyond a reasonable doubt over 3% of cpu power.

>yeah, i asked him to send me the files and let me set it up but he refused
How does the virus know what wallet to send it to? >like 5 seconds per computer lmao.
How does that work? You stick it in, count to ten and pull it out?

enjoy getting expelled and arrested if you ever get caught which increases the most computers you infect

They could just check the CCTV and line up the time when the software was installed on the computer. If it lines up perfectly for multiple labs, then I'm pretty sure OP is gonna get blacked.

>he thinks Jow Forums is anonymous
>he thinks the guy that gave it to him isn't a fed.

You're done for.

>How does the virus know what wallet to send it to?
on the first time the USB drive is plugged into a PC, there is a little window that pops up where you input your wallet information, and only on the first boot. each subsequent time it delivers the payload.

>How does that work? You stick it in, count to ten and pull it out?
you wait for the light on the usb stick to stop flashing which indicates the read/write cycle is done or whatever.

>if you ever get caught
>if
i'm hoping

>and line up the time when the software was installed on the computer
the guy i bought it from said that the real install time is undetectable. i dunno how it works but he had really good reviews on the onion site i was on

This . Give it up , David.

Most places delete that after 30 days. But, yea, that's how he'd get caught.
But, that's assuming that whoever finds the virus recognizes that it's not just some regular spyware and that it's instead a Monero mining virus that was locally installed and we need to check the tapes and try to figure out who it was. Or that it isn't just cleaned off from a normal antivirus sweep.
If he goes back in adn tries to reinstall after it gets deleted, that would probably be stupid.

>If he goes back in adn tries to reinstall after it gets deleted, that would probably be stupid.
no way i'd be that stupid

Writing. Launchd script is pajeet tier and you paid for it

By being stupid jerk who brags on Jow Forums, Daniel.

I would guess those labs are for very specific programming / setups?
Otherwise why would any normal account have system level access?
Or did they just fail at staying current with their OS patches?

could have just bought 1 btc worth of VID, it'd be 50 btc by now

Attached: price.png (1087x889, 1.08M)

>I would guess those labs are for very specific programming / setups?
nah just for any students

>Otherwise why would any normal account have system level access?
i'm not even going to pretend to know how it works. i didn't even have to be logged in for it to work

get the fuck out of my thread, pajeet. nobody wants your bags

What garbage university do you go to where they don't require a student username and password to login. Nice larp. Hurrrr I'm hacker now, just plugin usb

>the guy i bought it from said that the real install time is undetectable.
Then as long as you don't get greedy and try to install on to too many computers at one visit, and draw attention from whoever is monitoring the lab, then I don't see how you get caught.
1 BTC is still way too expensive.

>What garbage university do you go to where they don't require a student username and password to login
see:
>i didn't even have to be logged in for it to work

>Hurrrr I'm hacker now
i'm not even on script-kiddie level, friend. never claimed that i had any clue how this shit works

>and draw attention from whoever is monitoring the lab
the niggers who "monitor" the labs are playing on their phones and act upset when you ask them for help with something. they're not going to see shit and even if they did they won't snitch

Why don't you just use a cyberdeck and jack into the blockchain? Or are you such a noob that you don't even know how to break ICE?

Either way, hope you don't get busted, choomba.

Kek that's literally why this is a desireable product (for the uncouth)

Do you into reading?

Lol sure they wont, have fun fucking up you're life for literally thousands like a goddamn retard

the lab monitor niggers didn't see shit except worldstar on their phone

Any lab computers I used in uni were just remote accessing their private servers. How does this bypass that?

>Any lab computers I used in uni were just remote accessing their private servers
i don't know if our lab computers do this. they're all desktops with the towers right there.

>How does this bypass that?
dude i have no fucking clue. the extent of my programming knowledge is blinking LEDs on an arduino

You'd need access to 500 computers to make this worth it at a price of 1 BTC. Maybe more depending on the average life of the virus before it's detected and quarantined. Maybe way more computers if you can't reinstall.

>fails at computahs
>fails at larping
>will fail at everything else

>if you can't reinstall
no fucking way i'm going to risk reinstalling. the dumbest thing you can do is return to the scene. there are plenty of other labs, though, and i'm debating taking a tour through them next semester. campus is too dead now, i need to lose myself in the crowd of computer lab users for safety

Literally just copy virus onto thousands of USB's and on the USB's put the virus into folders with the names of popular anime shows or Netflix shows.

Then literally distribute the USB's far and wide.

You could install the virus, and then a week later it gets detected and quarantined. This isn't worth more than $1,000.

I'm guessing the guy who's charging $13,000 for a USB made it hard to copy it and redistribute.

>Literally just copy virus onto thousands of USB's
i haven't tried this buy i'd bet that the author has some kind of countermeasure against copying it to other USBs.

from some of the reviews on the site i bought it from people are saying that it's been working for months for them.

>the guy who's charging $13,000
it was like $9-10k when i got it

Probably the worst teenage larp I've ever seen. Back to school now Matt, your assignment on Wind in the Willows is due.

Also, learn to code. Dilate. Have sex.

Ok most important question in the thread. Where do you go to get shit like this and other stuff with xmr?

dd

look into empire market and related onion sites. i won't say i got it from empire, but look around. reminder that these sites are very reputation-centric, so you'll have to read reviews and forum posts about sellers to get a handle on their rep

Why is it a larp? Help me out. I can't code either.
The Mr Robot USB stick couldn't work?

I wonder if it's illegal just to buy a monero mining virus. Probably is. Probably some kind of federal wire fraud charge. Mandatory minimum sentencing guidelines and no parole.

Attached: 123153454.jpg (768x212, 43K)

Attached: tipsubmit.jpg (959x538, 159K)

It's not illegal to buy a virus.
Knowingly infecting machines that don't belong to you is illegal.

The charge is "unauthorized use of computer"

you ca literally get the source code for free on gittub..your actually retarded for paying 1 btc. Not only that you are larping as I had a site with coinhive miner on it with 200,000 traffic and Id make $5 a day. you are better off setting up a botnet and infecting automatically en mass with a script then being some idiot with survelience cameras on ur ass not to mention at ur own school. fucking idiot

Kind of ironic he wanted payment in a currency that wasn't private

i should have clarified that it was 1btc worth of xmr. when btc was worth $6k and when btc was worth $12k his price was still 1btc. smart man, imo

200 computers? how long did that take?

a day in each lab, well really about 4-6 hours in each. i had to mosey around and wait for people to vacate computers so i could plug the usb in

would you be a bro and send it to me?

[email protected]

1: the guy sent me the USB stick and it probably has copy protection
2: go fuck yourself, pajeet

Join us now and share the software. You'll be free. More importantly the wirus would be free.

Attached: richard stallman.jpg (1366x768, 1010K)

imagine being dumb enough to talk openly about doing this, if you are actually doing it

sent ;)

sent :)

Please send to me sir
[email protected]

>spending that much effort and money into fraud because you're too much of a chickenshit zoomer to pick up the phone, put half of the effort and none of the money, and get ten times the rewards legally
google "opportunity cost" and consider this your edification for the day

You're dumb as fuck. 1btc you got scammed you shit for brains retard.
>100xmr + physical work + risk
>12xmr/month
>algorithm changes in less than a year
>block reward constantly falling, difficulty rising
About $10 in mental effort to do this yourself and you paid 10k. Outside of drugs and accounts that cost like $2 the darkweb is a scam. Lose your money at best, lose your money and go to jail in some cases.

>gonna take about a year to pay off
>Computers are likely to get wiped/reinstalled by then - so you might lose money
>exposed himself to a lot of criminal charges, and civil liability
You're a dumbfuck.

Now, if you could infect computers remotely ... that's interesting.

The real hero of this thread is the guy who sold him a piece of free software for 10 grand.

Give us the files op

In order to install the virus you presumably have to log into the computer no? I tinkered with this idea but couldn’t get past the issue of logging in, if you have to log in to install it you will get caught eventually.