Suing Pi

Hello, I am thinking about suing Pi Network for fraud.
Most of you have probably heard of them, they are a cryptocurrency development team primed for what I'd term a "bottomloaded exist scam". They first get in several 100k normies with a playstore app - a dead man's switch to generate fake engagement. Once they offer the tokens for money and get them on exchanges they will quickly exit scam.
Now here's my angle:
In the app and its FAQ two contradictory statements are made time and again A) The Pi app mines coins B) The Pi app does not consume power or computation
One of these statements is a lie.
If the app consumes power = fraudulent, very persecutable
If the app does not mine = false pretenses, possibly persecutable
Should I go for it?

Attached: D7Vk-JWXoAA2u3G.png (700x414, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hci.stanford.edu/nicolas/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.
honestly I think they're lying that it doesn't consume power because I tried it and my battery wasn't lasting as long.

its not mining--its just a faucet

It explicitly says that it isn't mining the coin. You'd have to check and see if it's draining the battery or something...but I think it's explained if you just read the white paper

Need a code? Join the 63 of us.
>>tfue
Get a 25% mining bonus.
>Pi's Core Team

Dr. Nicolas Kokkalis
Head of Technology
Stanford PhD and instructor of Stanford’s first decentralized applications class; combining distributed systems and human computer interaction to bring cryptocurrency to everyday people.

Dr. Chengdiao Fan
Head of Product
Stanford PhD in Computational Anthropology harnessing social computing to unlock human potential on a global scale.

Vincent McPhillip
Head of Community
Yale and Stanford-trained social movement builder on a mission to democratize how society defines, creates, and distributes wealth.

>use code tfue
Use code tfue
Use code tfue
Use code tfue

Attached: SmartSelect_20190709-234000_Pi.jpg (1421x1548, 695K)

Don't be a retard. It's literally a timer at this point.

Attached: Screenshot_20190711-233649_Device care.jpg (1079x405, 49K)

tfue the fucking god. use code GUNGA

Based gunga, one of the most reliable miners in my circle, use code gunga

Any app consumes power, the real question is whether the ""mining"" does

Exactly

I'll read the white paper but in the FAQ they absolutely call it mining. And the FAQ is the only thing that matters because less than 1/1000 users will go through the trouble of reading the white paper. They keep it intentionally vague in the FAQ but I'm pretty sure they fucked up. The rules and laws have gotten a bit stricter in this regard, you aren't allowed anymore to lie into people's faces, then clarify things somewhere in the fine print. Especially the EU is having none of that shit, they cleaned up phone contracts a couple of years ago.
Anyways, even if I can't get them persecuted in the justice system, at the very least I could probably get them kicked off the play store which would be tantamount to killing their shitty scam.

Fuck off this isn't a shill thread

bump

Lying about bonus

Decompile the app, find out what it's doing.

You can close the shut the app down, turn your phone off and still be mining, its not using your phones power to brainlet

Nah man i tried turning it off but when i turned it on it was at like 5% so it keeps mining while it's off.

Sold my 100k stack over this desu senpai

You're a brainlet if you believe it's mining when your phone's off and not just your faulty battery

>Lying about bonus
Based retard, you get a mining bonus from the people who invited you. And if you use my code you can be sure I'll mine 24/7
>in the FAQ they absolutely call it mining.
Based retard, look at pic related

Attached: SmartSelect_20190712-001301_Pi.jpg (1381x468, 148K)

It is now!

Use code k3nnysan for MAX mining! I'll add you to my elite security circle so you get a headstart. REMEMBER code is k3nnysan.

>k3nnysan
>k3nnysan
>k3nnysan

Also remember to toggle hide real name in the options menu!

Reminder that:
-"join our circle" posts are bullshit, security circles ONLY benefit the inviter
-"join us" posts are bullshit, teams/groups don't exist
-large "teams" you see posted are just the number of people that person invited and ONLY benefit the inviter

-Pi Network is pre-mined, the "mining" is just a faucet
-all invite codes give +25% mining bonus to inviter and invitee
-anyone claiming higher % are bullshitting you
-all invite codes are infinite use, there are no "last spots"
-the ONLY way to earn mining rate bonus is inviting others
-security circle bonus maxes at 5, and your inviter counts as one
-if you invite 4 then add them to your security circle you get +100% mining bonus

-using the invite code
>k͟o͟n͟a͟k͟o͟n͟a͟
>k͟o͟n͟a͟k͟o͟n͟a͟
>k͟o͟n͟a͟k͟o͟n͟a͟
will make anime real
minepi.com

Attached: 1562672559010.jpg (990x948, 116K)

this is pretty good fud keep it up. i want to accumulate more

But user, this is exactly the paragraph I'm referring to. Why put the "mining" there in the first place and why put the earn in brackets? To obscure the functions of the app and the role of the participants. There's a half a dozen or so spots in the FAQ that are dicey to say the least:
>assurance that no power is being used
>assurance that no cumputation is being used
>states that Pi is not free money even though participants do not participate, they only push a dead man switch to receive tokens, they are therefore recipients (of free money)
>fake identities / credentials (don't know the legalities of this), none of these devs has been within a 100 mile radius of Stanford, they have fucking spelling errors in their FAQ and can barely speak English
>and on and on

>none of these devs has been within a 100 mile radius of Stanford,
Boring shit tier fud, just stop
hci.stanford.edu/nicolas/
They write """"mining"""" and clarify "earn" to help even the most lazy retards understand there is no computational effort. For the rest, there is the white paper

Dude don’t duck it up for everybody because you don’t understand the app... they are giving us free coins as a airdrop atm until the testnet goes live.. nodes aren’t even live yet... it pisses me off soo much that people freak out about this app... they have asked nothing from you... you joined and now want to sue... and delay or fuck up the whole project because you don’t understand?
Shit posed me off

Use code 999FINE when you join if your not a retard like OP

Plus I found Vince’s IG... he ISst Stanford

Fucking OP DOESNT EVEN MNOW ANYTHING..didn’t comprehend the white paper or FAQ and is just spewing random lies and conspiracies

fuck off OP

What?

If the app is taken off the playstore the project dies.
I'm still confident that the contradictions in the marketing and representation of the app is enough to accomplish that at the very least, regardless of the content of the whitepaper. I am contemplating the balance between hypothetical user gains, losses of dumb people getting tricked/scammed and my own efforts.
I won't lie, the idea that I might be able to destroy hundreds of hours of shilling and thousands of dev hours just by writing an email to the playstore customer service is strange and enticing. And don't pretend for a second you believe Pi is going to be a project that will have a net benefit on the world or accomplish any of its altruistic goals.

This user and I are having a disagreement but at least we know how a fucking ID works.

Don't be such a faggot.

Idk if it will work or not... I do know that it’s free money and I have been mining for a month... so when they list it I want to sell... don’t fuck that up for everybody... you included ... you may make a few dollars to a few thousand depending on how much you have...
it’s not a scam, they asked for no money from you... and no info (except a Facebook login or #)... plus the devs said they would lock up their coins... I don’t care if they do or don’t... but why risk fucking up a potential free pay check to your fellow Jow Forums anons just because? That’s fucked up man... we are all here trying to escape being a wagie and taking any chance we can get...
Just relax and chill... it’s a small team... a lawsuit could fuck it up for everybody

Apple tend to be much stricter with apps, you'll have a much easier time getting it banned from the App Store given how often they've banned Jow Forums apps.

And since you get so triggered by the word mining ... let me change that to “mining” aka airdrop in this circumstance

Do it.

Apple took it down temporarily and reviewed the app... they put it back up and found no problem with it

Good post. I hate Pi shilling but I hate pajeets spouting lies while shilling even more.

Use code EdBOI if your a real CHAD

Attached: 1559057217390.jpg (3440x4760, 1.84M)

Okay, there is only one way to settle this. Dubs decide whether I attempt a hit on Pi through the Apple Store and Play Store (duplicate mail will suffice) or if I join the pi ponzi pyramid instead.
Roll.

It’s not a ponzu and you would lose the lawsuit

Join with code WestenMike

Use code 999FINE
Easiest air drop ever
No KYC

Welp got dubs it’s over
I win
Join me desu
Take the Pi Pill
Use code 999FINE

code brap
to be lucky with money and brappers

Hit appstore.

winner

Gtfoh
I got dubs 77

Dubs have spoken!
I'll post a follow up thread some time next week with results.

Disqualified, this is not the Brapper shill thread

Nah it says mining in quotation marks. As in to say it's not literal.
Even if not you haven't actually been caused any damages by the company so I'm not sure you can sue?
You could report them to the authorities I guess...

You could probably add in the fact they're a pyramid scheme since they directly reward and pay off people for getting others to join