/blog/ - Blogpost General

Hi Jow Forumsbros
I don't usually blogpost like this but fuck it, I need your advice. I just realized how fucking just'd I was a couple years ago. If I had just held the bitcoin that I bought instead of buying shitcoins I would have been much better off now (almost x2 the bitcoin). Sure, I fucking profited 600% on one position but that was unfortunately, very small. And I think I now realize that it’s retarded chasing altcoin’s “pumps”, but I’m torn. On one hand, not chasing shitcoins would have resulted in me having more bitcoin right now, but on the other, theoretically I could have been better off if I had gone in with more in my 600% position. Did I do the right thing? I also hold a bunch of shitcoins now, worth next to nothing. What the fuck do I do now? DCA into bitcoin for the next couple months and don’t touch it? Do you think bitcoin is going to continue to break out higher or is it just going to crab until the halving? Should I go all in now? Is it worth going into shitcoins or not? Fuck I don’t know what to do but I do know we are going into the next cycle. I was thinking shitcoins might pump shortly after the halving as a way for miners to stay afloat but I’m not sure. I’m kind of afraid of shitcoins now to be quite honest. Please help.

Attached: a38.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

I didn't read any of that but if any anons have Bobo and bull memes can you post them? I only have this one and I love them

Attached: IMG_20190710_000800_037.jpg (925x750, 156K)

Attached: 874.jpg (240x193, 16K)

Attached: 1562304079844.png (627x866, 387K)

Attached: 1555982954257.png (770x775, 304K)

It's all speculation. Invest in RSR. Wait a couple years and thank me later.

Could you please explain user?

b-bump

Didn't mean to direct the bump at you before, but I've got a question about RSR. Is there a cap on the supply?

In some of the documentation it says:
> The protocol mints and sells RSR to make up the difference, re-capitalizing the collateral pool from 99% back up to 100% again.

So could they effectively mint RSR whenever they want?

Dude what the fuck are you talking about? Just go 1/3 BTC 1/3 ETH 1/3 LINK if you're that tore up. You're timing may be bad short term right now, I don't know, but it is not too late to make money in the long term

Attached: 1562891057488.jpg (225x224, 9K)

>it is not too late to make money in the long term
I know, I know I'm just fucking scared of losing sat's again desu. I do realise to some extent this is uncharted territory, isn't it?

It's always uncharted territory dawg. Losing sats sucks but the only way to gain them is to go into (good) alts. The only ones with enough upside that have been vetted by time and intelligent anons are link and eth. So either go into those, play the shitcoin lottery with random PnD's, or just hold your boomercoin.

Thanks for the advice

Seriously though the PnD's Jow Forums shills can make you money but they are always PnD's. I've been here since mid 2017. There are very few coins shilled here that are not PnD's or complete failures. Look at AMB, REQ, EBST, etc. So many have failed. Some mooned hard, but always crash in the end. There are like four or five reasonable crypto choices besides BTC that have actual problems to solve and actual talent enough to pull it off. MKR, Monero, LINK, ETH, and maybe one more I'm forgetting about. Everything else shilled here is probably a PnD.

If MKR is worth holding then surely RSR is worth holding too, right? Also what do you think about Nimiq because I was thinking of putting some BTC into that. They have some interesting potential happenings with their OASIS project.

VIDT and RSR man. before they get onto extra exchanges

RSR is just wannabe makerdao. It might have some cute little quirks differentiating it but at the end of the day it straight doesn't need to exist. Nimiq is also a fucking scam. What do you think blockchains are good for? Cute games? Allowing people to mine in the browser or whatever nimiqs deal is now is literally 70 iq.

Blockchains are for use when you absolutely cannot trust the people you are working with. Large financial transactions, subverting governments, decentralized finance, etc. Read "the god protocol" by Nick szabo, bitcoins white paper, and watch Sergey give some presentations. These will give you perspective. Crypto is not for cute apps, man. It's for serious shit. Cute apps are nice but they are a distraction. Serious money will not invest in the distractions long term.

>the only way to gain them is to go into (good) alts
What is leverage? (you don't have to go 100x!)
What is hedging with options?

Bruv don't fucking tell me to read the bitcoin's white paper I'm not a newfag okay.

>Serious money will not invest in the distractions long term.
That is a good point. But I'm not sure if RSR really "doesn't need to exist". I mean there goal is to become a "global, decentralised & dollar-independent stablecoin". Also users apparently don't need to maintain CDPs which means it's extremely scalable (apparently).

Also the only reason I brought up Nimiq was because I think it's UX is pretty fantastic. But I am skeptical, because like you say blockchains aren't just for cute games and shit. I'm not certain, but I think Nimiq's UX could be replicated for other coins. But apparently OASIS is taking a "approach that establishes the Euro itself as the programmable counterparty to a non-custodial cross-chain transaction" (or other fiat currencies too). And it's "groundbreaking". But it's fucking scammy because they hype it up and then don't drop any technical details what so ever. So I think it could have serious potential, but it could also be dog shit.

Leverage has got to have less upside than good alts. Im sure some people, maybe yourself, can pull it off. But for most people it's a bad decision. I have no idea how you even make good calls doing it... does TA actually work? Who knows. A newbie sure wouldn't be able to make calls himself, and relying on other traders is just asking for pain.

I really don't know too much about RSR, but the stablecoin market is ruled by makerdao and is also oversaturated. Maybe RSR will pump, I have no clue. But it doesn't seem to solve a new and fundamental problem

>global, decentralised & dollar-independent stablecoin
I like these words tho

What is hedging?
What is hedging with options?

So tired of people not looking stuff up on shithole.

Why should I? I'm making good money just by holding LINK. You're the one suggesting it.

>Why should I?
Cause alts are not the only way to gain sats. It can be done safer. But hey, hodl your unregistered security, what could go wrong!