/smg/ - Stock Market General

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU edition

Rapeular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

Some basic bitch stock market terminology:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Free (i.e. worthless) advanced charting tools:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/
finscreener.com/

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php
ThinkorSwim

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Stock screener
finviz.com/
tradingview.com/screener/

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

thread before:

Attached: 0254b6c18438dcaabd83038cc53fe71dSMG.jpg (1620x1080, 319K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-12/years-biggest-lbo-scrapped-due-low-investor-demand-sp-hits-all-time-high
act.webull.com/promotion/invitation/share.html?inviteCode=Q7r61HVDk7aP
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for nuuuuuu

REI BEST GIRL

>Avg. Volume (10 day) 2,839
god damn it...

Why's that? I just want a fund with lots of exposure to MRK, JNJ, and UNH

other preferred criteria are low expense (obviously) and no comission on schwab.

Drug stocks going to keep dropping, and I'll likely keep buying.
UNH is going to keep rising, I should've bought more, and I want to increase exposure.

checked
well done, what's your strategy been?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 12.00.01 PM.png (820x708, 940K)

My man been on point with these OPs lately. Where you been all my life?

Attached: 1544121620521.jpg (1200x1128, 445K)

>checked
>well done, what's your strategy been?

50 pct. index funds, DCAing every month
-Emerging markets - only up 4% so far,
-DAX30 - only up 4% as well,
-SP500 - up 9% so far + dividends (the other two are accumulating funds which makes their returns even more paltry).

Always bet on USA.

The other 50% has been stock picks on my home market (Denmark).

Also got very lucky with an IPO, netting a 40% return in 2 months. A shame I only dared to invest like 1000 dollars in it.

Attached: 1562876180130.png (583x700, 630K)

Ding ding ding! How did everyone do today? I'm down another .73%, no end in sight for the cannabis and BGS torture gauntlet. It..it's a buying opportunity, remember to buy a lot of CGC and HEXO. Also OEC, it's very important that you buy OEC, I no joke can't tell you why though.
S&Peepee has broken and closed above 3k! We have the big table at Del Posto reserved, replete with an oceanside view in the west Chelsea neighborhood in Manhattan. Maybe, uh, go a little easy on drinks and apps, my wallet needs a break.

Attached: del posto nyc.jpg (1280x850, 179K)

Bobo the Bear trying to flip Kabbalah Bull and reassert psychology control of markets:

zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-12/years-biggest-lbo-scrapped-due-low-investor-demand-sp-hits-all-time-high

pretty good day today

Attached: fasfafadf.png (618x174, 9K)

big green
took profits on FDX and moved into the JNJ dip, hodling JACK until above 80

Attached: againx.png (505x437, 224K)

I'm + .39% with 1/3 invested. This has been a rollercoaster wk +.32%

up about 1.4% thanks to intel, decided to buy the dip after getting justed buying the top

Up 1.32%

Buy Syngene. The problem with pharma is that there are so many themes to play - pharma drugs, biologics, generics, complex generics, biosimilars, speciality etc. but all of them will outsource the research and initial production to CROs. India or China based CROs are cheaper so pharma cos prefer them, but most of them are junk; except for Syngene, which is a Biocon subsidiary. Syngene has grown profits/topline at 26%/28% CAGR for the last 10 years.

Disclosure: I'm a pajeet but have little faith in Indian stonks except for this co and 3 others. Rest of my holdings are in US/UK.

Attached: D4-mI5GUYAAu8RQ.jpg (1200x675, 134K)

Up 0.15% today, down 2.46% for the week on RH. Options are hard, but I'm starting to get my bearings. Made a decent XLF play today. Practice (and lots of reading) makes perfect! Elsewhere I'm up 2.72% in my boomer (all ETFs) portfolio. Time for some R&R.

Attached: 1543974132524.gif (128x128, 10K)

asuka a shit

Attached: rei tang why contain it.jpg (195x309, 35K)

Right there with you on FDX niknik! I just need to average my weedies, they'll uh... be back soon this month

Attached: fdx profit take 7 12 2019.png (932x133, 5K)

Sangatsu is not a shit tier anime

Could be time to buy korn soon...

WOW that was fast! I set a limit sell for a 1/3rd of current position that didn't trigger because RH didn't count the fourth digit and just rounded up. I lowered to 2.08 and I'll leave it be for the next 30 days or so.

What's your entry?

I believe Merck is "best of breed"
are you the india trader who was talking about owning india tobacco instead of undervalued Altria?

Attached: BARTKORN.png (640x575, 27K)

Misato is best girl

Bought a strangle that I can only sell for profit (?!?!) On Monday, so going to see how that goes....

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-160526.png (1440x2960, 159K)

>pokeyman posters
Enjoy your weekend indoors faggots

please refrain from poasting that gif, it's grim's and I thought you were him for a minute. Speaking of, ask grim about his plays exactly one year ago, his July earnings option gambling spree last year was the stuff of legends

whats Jow Forums opinion on this brokerage?

Attached: dfbsdfgb.jpg (474x474, 12K)

>entry
for jnj? 133.17

Pretty good. I got frustrated that I missed the daily bottom. Missing the big picture I guess.

Consider the following from BofA:

"...we anticipate an "overshoot" in credit & equity prices in coming months, followed by an overshoot in gold (US$ devaluation) before big H2 top in asset prices (as bond bubble pops & policy impotence visible)."

My bad. Ok, next time I see him post I'll ask him.

Same guy, but I didn't say I wouldn't own MO because it is under/overvalued. I said I wouldn't own it because my family owns huge quantity of ITC, which they've held for the last 40 years. I calculated the last 20 year CAGR to be 26%. I don't want overall holdings to be too skewed towards tobacco.

Pharma is tough to understand business so I stay away. They may look over/undervalued on paper but the reality can be completely different. Eg. There was a huge boom and bust of huge generic/pharma drug makers and money all shifted to biosimilars and biologics recently. CROs are a pretty safe bet and the trend is picking up. 8 out of 10 top pharma cos in the world are the clients of Syngene.

Its all thanks to you I think...
I woke up late and immediately first read the post "ree I needa put funds in to buy this jnj dip"
And I was like a JNJ dip? Thats a just buy it nya moment

So you're saying the markets are going to go up and go down?

Filtered

Nah I've got some funds in RH, and could easily sell some things or get that $1000 instantly available deposit.

I did post about it though.

I keep fucking up by wasting too much time screening ETF's, so I can get the shit on Schwab comission free, and trade it in my IRA to avoid taxes on capital gains and dividends.

I think I'm being stupid.

He keeps fucking pumping LMT... god damn it

Every time I think it's too late, that the easy money has been made in LMT and Precious Metals, they goes up even more

thats why you should always have some LMT in the folio, also dem phat dividends.....

Attached: which lockheed martin aircraft are you.jpg (960x480, 85K)

I almost my entire saving account in LMT when I got back from Iraq in 2008. I almost bought a bitcorn when I learned about it in 2010. Ow I just buy memems shills on 4channel

And here are the results: weed was a mistake. I'll post performance following this

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-145931.png (720x1280, 122K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-150007.png (720x1280, 73K)

Thanks for playing, everybody. Moral of the story is buy AMD

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-150014.png (720x1280, 73K)

Down some i dunno. I don't feel like looking until Sunday evening. I am heavily short the S&P as of yesterday and added to it this afternoon. Tried one more time to fish for signs of life from two US dudes weed, Cresco Labs and Green Thumbs. Both of which are well undervalued. Stopped out on both for small loss.

For S&P i'd like to see greater fool gap up on Monday, i will double down short, and the blood will flow. So say my left pinky toe.

Attached: 1559967711323.png (449x470, 119K)

Which app is that?

Gies, not quite an /smg/ related question, but this is about the only Jow Forums tgread that ever discusses the real economy. I am concerned about the debt ceiling. What are you guys doing to prepare yourself should we default? How bad is it going to get if we do?? Think the Fed rate would jump up to like 6-8%? That would be fucked.

The thing is we're never going to pay back the debt, and it's more important to look at the debt as a portion of the GDP. We'll just keep raising the debt ceiling, inflation will continue, and people will keep buying treasuries.

Trump will just roll it over like the good little Jew slave that he is because he doesn't want to upset the stock market.

That's all America is: if it's good for the stock market, it happens, if it's bad for the stock market it doesn't.

Damn sustainability all to hell apparently.

Looking at stuff I can use to buy stuff like BTCUSD Shorts (obscure shit) and was looking at Trading View, does it seem alright? What broker would you use? Or do people use other stuff?

Attached: 1560993967887.png (2560x1326, 333K)

thats just all the brokers you can use

they dont all let you short BTC i dont think yo ucan short at all in the US

what if I use a VPN?

Fuuuuuuuck God damn it
Fuck Trump
Fuck Powell
Fuck xi jipingpong
Fuck boomers
And fuck smg fuuuuuuck

Attached: 1557873160590.png (624x557, 235K)

All anime is shit tier since Cowboy Bebop ended.

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

"ey fuck you buddy"

Attached: canada eh.jpg (300x168, 5K)

Down but overall I'm up over 15% so go me. Could be worse; I could be down 16% in the shat.

My two largest holdings is AMRN and T Babies.

Go AMRN! Go AMRN! Go!
T Babies flying pretty good to.

Annalist seem to agree AMRN could hit $50 per. The Holy Buyout would see that price x 2.

>I almost bought a bitcorn when I learned about it in 2010
Kek
> Be me, 2010
> Bitcoin? That's just numbers that can't be worth anything
Fast foward
> Be me, 2019
> Bitcorn? That's just numbers, it can't be worth anything for long
I'm not sure if I'm right, I just know that a couple hundred dollars in 2010 would be millions today and I wouldn't have to work and could literally be doing anything other than typing this post while looking over my should to make sure my shit heel boss doesn't sneak up behind me.

Are you a rebrand or a new tripfag?

Okay this is going to be a bit presumptuous because gold was a component of the monetary system in the 1920s in the USA, so we can't directly compare interest rates. But from what I understand the US monetary system was still elastic, it could expand and contract.

Here's the DOW 30 from the 1920s.

Attached: Untitled.png (1288x1026, 62K)

Passed 100K total assets for first time today, bout 50% crypto 50% stocks. Feels good. Still need 20K more to pay off my student loan though.

And here's the inflation rate from the same period.

Notice the correlation of low price inflation with elevated levels of equity inflation?

Also, the 1920s parallel our own time in that we have massive wealth inequality. You're either in equities making profits based on easy money, or you're not.

Attached: 1920-1929.jpg (639x465, 31K)

gj user, thats a pretty big milestone

baller

Attached: M66j9Ia.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

Attached: Untitled.png (1388x691, 89K)

webull

Attached: Untitled1.png (1212x571, 60K)

Beat this.
>Be me in 2013
>Neet introvert
>Heard about btc from a guy on a forum
>Thought it was a cool idea
>Bought 2 bitcoins for $140
>Spent 0.2 btc on donator gear for a WoW private server
>Withdrew the rest when bitcoin reached $18.6k (not the top but close)

Do the math on 0.2 btc at $18.6k when I withdrew my BTC for dollar. I played with that gear for like a month and I think the server died 3 months later.

Thanks

Np. If you want, here's a free stock diddly doo. Haven't used the app or even deposited anything myself. act.webull.com/promotion/invitation/share.html?inviteCode=Q7r61HVDk7aP

beat this:
>be me
>be 2011
>learn about buttcorn on 4chins
>buy $50 worth, about 35-45 BTC
>completely forgot about it
>don't remember where it was stored
>lost $600K worth of buttcorn into the either

Here's an interest rate graph.

Attached: Untitled3.png (1041x803, 471K)

Attached: XY4zaYT.jpg (698x672, 139K)

this

my dad had hundreds, if not thousands of BTC on a harddrive in my house before he died (he mined back in the day when CPU could mine a BTC)

by the time i finally found the drive it was already dead

Attached: to the shadow realm.jpg (582x741, 43K)

I remember thinking about bitcoin for years and wanting to set up a computer to mine it and I someones have this fever dream that I had a bunch somewhere. Wish fulfillment can grip your mind

it kinda makes me sick thinking about it but to be honest, had I remembered where it was and known when it hit 150 I would have likely sold half then, then half when it hit 300, etc. etc.

Did you try taking the drive to get it recovered?

Sometimes the data is still okay.

So which of you savvy traders are selling this peak to buy again when it's lower?

I wonder how much this has happened. I heard the "dominance" talk in crypto is completely shit because there's SOOO many bitcoins that is lost into space. Bitcoin now has 65% dominance in crypto, but in reality it's probably around 40-45% because there's so many that is just lost in forgotten wallets or fucked transactions, etc etc.

I never thought about mining buttcorn and never will

Attached: 00002120.jpg (146x204, 15K)

>betting against the American economy

second meltup confirmed

Oh shit, it's earnings badger.

have you not heard of the great investment philosophy of doing the DEWIG?

Dividends
Every
Week
Iron
Grip

Attached: DEW Calendar 7-8-19.png (570x737, 119K)

Nah, I will sell if Trump fails to get re-elected though and re-enter into the chinese market.

I'm shorting the fuck out of it and am only 4/10 nervous about it.

Attached: 1559077318318.png (575x575, 325K)

Does anyone have the Schiff list of incoming issues from ZH?

I forgot to screenshot the article

It was Wednesday or Thursday

My SNSS investment has already gained me a +28%.

q3 starts monday
that means we did hit 300 Spy on q2, right on the dot

next target 330 in 2020

Attached: Bull2.png (1280x1280, 567K)

me doin LBEAN atm

Lose
both
equity
and
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

it went something like this

Rate Cut
Earnings Tapers
Market goes down
Gold Spikes
Recession
Cant QE into negatives
Goldbugjewbergs win

I mean like if Congress doesnt pass an increase before thier recess on the 26th. If they don't, there's a good chance Treasury will run out of money before they return, and nobody in Congress seems even the least bit worried this time.

Already did baby

Should I invest a couple hundred bucks into kosher fabrics aka Levi's? The price is currently just slightly above its overall lowpoint.
I don't know about the Denim products but in Germany, Levi shirts have become the official Thot uniform. I see them everywhere on campus, almost as prevalent and obnoxious as Fjäll Raven backpacks. Can anons from other countries (or continents) confirm similar trends?

Attached: Levis-logo.jpg (3840x2160, 392K)

I just got a $5k sign on bonus... is now a bad time to put it all on VTSMX?

VTSMX holder here, I don’t think they’re accepting new shareholders.

Also, the expense ratio is higher than VTSAX, which is SLIGHTLY higher than the expense ratio for VTI.

Personally, my broker charges me $50 transaction fees for mutual funds, $5 for ETFs, so I’m sticking with ETFs for now.

I can only confirm that those backpacks have been everywhere for years now in LA.

down 31% shorting dbk

Levi jeans are still a hot commodity in US, but the prices of their jeans have gone down a bit. I remember when you couldn't find 501s for less than $55 and now you can find them for $40ish. I'm pretty bullish on them. But if you're not throwing money at LK you're doing it wrong. You simply cannot lose money being a coffee shop, it's unpossible. No matter where you put them people go there because they're there, not because they necessarily want coffee.

Any Ford chads in here? Holy shit I’m crushing over here. It’s my best stock I’m holding by far.

Schiff is so single minded about Gold that it blinds him.

Really, money is anything that can be used as a medium of exchange. The Romans used salt to pay their soldiers because it was in short supply and it was valuable at the time.

All of us would have been better off buying Bitcoin in 2011 than Gold or Silver. That's a fact.

Gold is an inflationary hedge and it's acted in that way since 1971.

Maybe some day Gold will be utilized again in trade between nations, as a lot of central banks seem to be buying more gold, but for that to happen the dollar would need to lose it's prominent in international trade and hence, inflation hedge.

>U.S. lawmakers expected to delay Mueller testimony by a week
VERY Bullish

I think we can QE into negatives

But that is the big test

The big red line

Let’s what Nippon and Swiss - they should hit that point first

I'm new to this and starting small with $10, what should I invest it in?

I mean, that's a decent dividends stock though.. right?

Japs should already be at this point, kuroda turning interest negative. Penalizing banks for the more money they keep with the BOJ, incentivizing them to lend more and invest more.