Why aren't you poverty mining user?

>buy 1 or 2 used GPU's for $100 $200 each
>shove them in a cheap dell optiplex computer ($100-$150), pcie risers may be needed ($10)
>go to whattomine.com, pick new coins with least amount of difficulty
>mine for 1-7 days, collect 10,000 coins, move on to next coin
>monitor your coins, wait for random moons, asses whether you should hold or sell depending on the coin/team

It's a max extra $0.50 a day to your electric bill and if you want out you can quickly sell the pc and graphics cards at or 20% below your cost.

just don't become some lunatic miner spending $100,000 a month trying to micro-manage chernobyl ust to make $3,000 a month mining the big coins

Attached: 22124.jpg (1600x1200, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/coinmonks/build-the-ronnys-cheap-man-s-skyminer-a-skyminer-for-only-40-bucks-in-less-than-1-hour-526714fe7a3a
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

has this worked for you user? I've always been thinking of mining but it was just too much of a hassle to take care of. I could just be buying more LINK and just waiting.

i just mine with honeyminer on my main computer when i'm not using it.

honeyminer
.com/
referred/
5bdsu

ASIC mining is the only way to make money. Poverty Mining is exactly that, a poor man's game.
> I mine both shitty gpu rig and several ASIC.
Most ASIC will pay themselves off in 3 months. The rest is delicious profit to gamble on exchanges. A typical GPU will take 1 year to infinity to pay off.

or you can just not be a retard and use that GPU money to buy chainlink

i did calcs and asics roi looked much longer. what asics you like?

This is a based strategy and it does work. However it's fucking time consuming to keep up with what's going hot on the market and slogging through bitcointalk every day. Made 5k out of thin air with signatum this way.

Attached: 4d5.jpg (1200x1200, 342K)

Buying Chainlink is the best way to go because you can stake it and earn more Chainlink with it.

Yes but the catch is you have to wait for moons, so it's not something where you can get a reliable cash flow but you do get a few opportunities per year to either dump or hodl. most coins go nowhere

>trying to micro-manage chernobyl just to make $3,000 per month

no thanks user, the point of poverty mining is to get in early on a large number of shitcoins and wait for 2 or 3 to moon. asics are very limited in their algos, are loud as fuck, most modern ones can't even run on 120v, and have heavily locked firmware

gpus are vastly cheaper, easier to run, and more flexible for entering/exiting coins.

or you can just not be a brainlet and do both, you aren't limited to a $500 of lifetime crypto investments user. Just kick $100 per week towards your GPU setup and then you can go back to chainlink. And better yet if you get a major payday from a gpu coin you can dump $5,000 at once into chainlink or whatever on a dip

whattomine + coinmarketcap makes this easy, you aren't doing deep investigation into these coins just go with whatever will bring you the most amount of volume. Every Sunday night before I go to bed I check everything and see if it's time to switch to a new coin or not.

>he uses whattomine to find crypto to mine
>he mines and sells immediately at market
Those are the worst possible projects to mine. Mining calcs are a meme, don't be a newfag. Mine and hold for bull markets, you get great returns mining while the price/difficulty are low.

low iq as fuck, read my post again, tell me which part in any way even suggests mining and selling immediately. Mining and waiting for moons is the whole point.

>imagine reading that
I stopped reading at whattomine dumb fuck summerfag

Starting to look into mining using energy from sun. Asic or cryptoknight mining?

>Marginal Money
Why?

Way too much of a hassle and PoW coins are dead anyways. Just but 32 ETH or allin LINK and you're set.

>monitor your coins
>and asses
this is where your fagboat fails

Chinks.
The answer is Chinks

>My time costs nothing

If you switch coins every 7 days, thats 52 coins you got tgat all could potentially moon.

>most modern ones can’t run on 120v
False. Only the Antminer S17 and T17 models run on 240v (we’re talking shit that’s actually gonna make you money, not some Bitfury B8 type shit)

>heavily locked firmware
>inb4 Blissz
>inb4 Braiins
That’s a false statement

I do agree with you on the noise and algorithm part. Overall GPU mining is good for your method yes, however I would rather have something hashing SHA256 that makes me way more fucking money if and when BTC moons rather than hoping to dump a shitty altcoin.

T. Colocation employee

FPGA is the way to go

Because mining is a waste of time. You'll get better ri just spending that cash ok coins right now before difficulty and price rises.

false, proof of work is very much not dead. where do you think btc's valuation would be without PoW?

Only if you have your own team of EEs making you bitstreams.

Because I can barely afford to cool my 1 bedroom apartment as it is. I have to run the air conditioner on full speed literally all day long just to get the inside temp below 80f. Why the fuck would I want to add something that makes it even harder to cool my place?

smart ppl are preparing ryzen/threadripper and xeon/epyc systems for RandomX proliferation. don't get left behind

>you can stake it
no you can't sweetie

this is how you become a lunatic miner, forget about that shit its way too complex at that point

not sure if stupid or lazy, it shouldn't take you more than 5 hours between buying/haggling for gpus, plugging them in, setting up the mining the software, etc.

From there maintenance is less than 30 minutes as week, usually on a sunday night as im doing fuck all anyways

The problem is every other model not on 220v will make $5 a day and still cost $1,500 or more for a single miner. Even then something like the t15 is still pushing 1500w, that's really pushing the limits of a residential 15v line.

like the other user said the problem is bitstreams everyone hodls their bitstreams for weeks/months then releases it with a miner fee once a single fpga is no longer enough, gpus still let you get in super early

brainlet tier response, do both poorfag

again the point is not to become a lunatic mner trying to micromanage chernobyl, 2 low to mid range gpus and a cheap computer is not going to melt your room down at full load i barely pull 400w from the wall

yes with amd's new release it will be interesting, so too will things like "home servers", you can buy a complete 16 core xeon with hd/os/memory/etc ready to go for $200-$250

did this for Biblecoin.
Got a couple blocks, then accidentally formatted the disk and my Biblecoins were lost forever.

Do you mine one coin at a time or ho many your gpus can take?

look into Skycoin, you can run individual Skywire nodes on a $45 raspberry pi and get paid monthly in SKY
>medium.com/coinmonks/build-the-ronnys-cheap-man-s-skyminer-a-skyminer-for-only-40-bucks-in-less-than-1-hour-526714fe7a3a

Attached: D-quw3YUEAA4YEA.jpg (1200x787, 229K)

>>get paid monthly in SKY
Nice, it'll only take a million more years and I'll be set

heard of moon3d? 10x or 100x your crypto. ez money

DIY Skyminers were paid 2.875 SKY per node in June. same each month. easy money while helping to build the decentralized mesh net internet

Attached: photo_2019-07-09_16-01-50.jpg (720x1280, 137K)

No.

Only worth it if you have free electricity dum dum

Why dont you just buy the shitcoins and wait for them to moon? Why waste money and time on graphics cards and electricity.

Ding ding ding we have a newfag

Attached: 5F34D771-23A8-492C-8494-C744460FD597.png (1425x971, 374K)

You just mad that if you had just bought and held any coin or token when you started mining, you would have been able to pay for your equipment several times over by now. Don't tell me I don't know what the fuck in talking about, I had 27 7970s mining BTC sub $10. Yes the equipment will pay for itself after a bull run but you'll get a higher ROI just buying and holding.

mine what exactly?

This isn't 2017.

Literally who shitcoins don't just moon alone, they need a P&D group or a Chink scammer like CZ to get behind the pumps.

Attached: 1549569322415.png (450x352, 114K)

it will be 2021

Whats the total hash/s on your setup?

this user is right
mining is a giant scam these days

I hate money i want to mine lmao

that all could potentially fail, which is probably 100000x more likely.

user how do I start mining?
i downloaded ccminer but i have no idea what to do now

make $0.03 a week