Bad normie advice thread

>Dude just wageslave for two years at a job that makes you wanna killyourself for that sweet, sweet two dollar an hour payraise.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (470x313, 50K)

Not even normies believe this. Maybe boomers

>Dude just go to college for 4 years and follow whatever interests you

The only people who surround me are boomers and my brother who wishes he was a boomer.

Don't go to college, learn to make money in a way that allows you to pursue your interests.

Renting is better than buying cuz u dont have to fix stuff if it breaks and u can move within a year or two if u want to. Buying a house is dumb you still have to pay the mortgage every month.

Buying a house will make sense when the housing market crashes again. Right now renting is better than buying.

Not if you want to lock in a low interest rate

HVAC fag here. Just get into a trade. Trades are flooded with fucking retards and drunks. Its really fucking easy to get ahead by doing bare minimum. Just show up when you're supposed to, do decent work, and don't show up all fucked up. Did that shit for like 8 years & got my own license. Now I work for the feds for stable income & do still do side jobs. Make an extra 1600 or so for 8ish hours of work one Saturday a month on average. Not too bad. Won't ever be filthy stinking rich, but don't have expensive taste & should hit a million by age 51. If you hit the gym a few nights after work, trades wont fuck your body up.. you just have to avoid being a fucking pussy. Probably faster ways to go about it, but I partied my dick off in my 20's & didn't save shit. Didn't get AIDS though, so that's cool.

>t. 38 year old boomer

Trades are good as temp jobs, I recommend them.
I wouldn't be trying to stay in them forever, though.

Sound advice, but what are you on Jow Forums for?

>uhh user go to university its like the best thing you can do for yourself
>it's like you can be better paid and live better if you graduate
>anonnn reeee why are you working at a startup getting 2x the national average monthly income instead of completing your undergrad and doing internship at meager 1/2 of the national average monthly income
>uhh people with uni are smarter than those without, trust me i am older and know better

Oh my favorite one so far:
>Crypto has only ever gone down
Generally just don't take investing advice from people that can't even figure out what the stock market is.

but user, the rates will fall again in a recession after the housing crashes.

>Generally just don't take investing advice from people that can't even figure out what the stock market is.

Oh boy, this. I've heard people mention that the stock market is a zero sum game so many times.
>uhhh whatever I earn someone must lose in stocks
>I'm not playing this dirty game, fuck this capitalism
>stock market is so unpredictable just look at how many people lost their pensions in the crash

Meanwhile they have to get into debt to buy anything worth more than a few grand.

Ya'll motherfuckers make me laugh man & pol is full of fucking whiners.
Just got done mowing the grass. Taking a break & sipping on a tall Sierra Nevada & about to go do some work out in the veggie garden. Don't post much, usually just laugh like hell at all the crazy shit you guys say.

Yeah man, it gets harder as you get older for sure, but they've been good to me. HVAC is cool because you get a taste of plumbing, electrical work, and of course learn how to do HVAC. After a while, you get to where you can fix any damn thing around the house. Makes buying one easier when you don't have to worry so much about having to pay someone else to fix your shit if something goes wrong. Worked out for me anyway.

Yeah I'm not going to bash trades. But my advice is generally to stop working as general, so when I give advice it leans towards that. If you can't get away without working though temp jobs are a good as place as any to start.

I mean trades, jeez I'm still working off all the GHB I did last night.

>dude just find a way to make lotsa money bro
yeah ok real helpful

Literally yes. You will never get rich making someone else rich.

but I'm making Zhao rich by using binance. Will I never get rich? :((

Stop working... thats the plan. Would have gotten there a hell of a lot earlier if I'd have taken life more seriously a couple decades ago, but fuck it. I had fun.

There's plenty of ways to get to where you can stop working. I guess trades is just where I ended up after getting outta the marines. Its like you said earlier I guess: pursuing interests. I like working on machines. It's cool to figure out how they work & learn to apply that knowledge to how other things work. Whatever makes you happy & gets you to that point where you can tell everyone to fuck off.

Will they though? They haven't been this low ever

You won't if you're a burger.

Also a trade fag. Looking forward to the next recession so I don’t have to work along side the losers. Some of these guys couldn’t even be recruited into the Army - Life of total chaos with whore women, rentals, tickets, and countless bastard children. Always acting like they are some hotshot shit.

Attached: 185070A9-2871-4B0B-BAF0-B38E39792E61.jpg (362x436, 25K)

I envy the losers. No one expects anything of them and they have unearned confidence. I've spent my whole life working for shit pay, constantly being degraded by my family until I learned there was another way.

Depends on your definition of rich. Billionaire definitely not. You can easily get into mid-7 figures wealth as professional easily.

based boomer

Yeah, I know what you mean. After like a year or so in HVAC I became the lead tech for the company & the other dudes had been there forever... old heads. I thought I was really kicking ass until it dawned on me that they were all just completely retarded. I mean shit, one crew installed a furnace on a Friday... came back Saturday night late as fuck and stole the people christmas presents. We're talking peak fucking retarded.

On the other hand though, the fact that the losers haven't been laid yet off means business is good. So I guess that's a positive.

>dude just invest $300k before 30y/o in the stock market so when you're 65y/o you'll have 1-2 mil to retire
>dude just use a credit card and buy stupid shit to get a credit score at 18% interest
> dude CNBC's Crypto show told me invest in XRP

Attached: jjustlol.jpg (250x223, 5K)

>tfw investing in LINK on a meme has made me more money than any other investment advice I ever took
Karma's finally coming back around for me, bois.

How do I start? I have no tools and am smart enough to learn. Been black pilled for some time. I'm finally trying to break free. Currently I'm a retail wagie. Please impart your knowledge.

Being smart enough to learn is a good start. Being willing to learn is the other half.
I can't speak for any other trades, but if you live in an area that offers apprenticeships, you can look into those. No apprenticeships where I am & you're probably going to laugh at my boomer response here, but I really just went to an HVAC company that I heard was looking for folks and told him that I was looking to learn & work my ass of if they'd be willing to teach me. I guess I was believable.

Local shops are a good way to get in. A lot of the big companies want you to have trade school, but smaller outfits are probably your best bet... they're willing to admit that folks just out of trade school still don't know shit. Lots of guys start their own HVAC business & have too damn much work to do after a year or two, but not quite enough work to warrant another full time person to be employed year round. These guys usually can't offer any benefits because theyre just getting the business started, but will teach someone willing to learn and could really use an extra set of hands on installation jobs. You won't get paid shit at first, like $13 or $14 an hour, but you're essentially being paid to learn more than someone would learn in a vocational school. Once you learn enough to where they can count on you to handle a job by yourself or roll around and take care of service calls, you can get a job at any shop you want... anywhere you want. You can stick with the dude that taught you, or move on. Pay increases with experience. I was making like $52-58K a year after a couple years... in NC that isn't too bad for a dude with no book learnin'

>dude money will solve all your problems

>dude money doesn't buy happiness
This is the mating call of the 30-something lower-middle-class wagecuck that says things like "living my best life" and doesn't know what he'd do with all his time if he retired.

If you cant handle discomfort you will never make it.

Attached: 1544902333772.png (657x527, 341K)

I'm sure George Soros experienced a lot of discomfort when he made millions shorting currencies.

what trade do you recommend? is truck driving still good and will still be good for at least 10-15 years?

>dude just learn a trade lol
I'm wondering here, how much do Americans pay to get their toilet unclogged and their bulbs replaced that becoming a technician is somehow better than, say, an actuary or a software developer? You get $600 for each toilet you fix or something?

Attached: 1562133792544.gif (425x425, 3.95M)

i bought land with cash and built a house with cash. i have full rights to the land, no hoa. i owe nothing to no one. git gud.

Attached: 50.jpg (500x750, 77K)

I don't know anything about truck driving, dude. No offense to truck drivers, but I wouldn't wanna sit on my ass all day. The traveling around part seems cool though.
I got into Heating and Air Conditioning work, seems like its going to be around a while. People despise being even slightly uncomfortable. You can profit from this.
I know a few electricians that are doing well, so that'd probably be a good one, too.

You don’t understand the world. Your simple view of a tradesman is limited to that, but in reality it’s a market that is losing new employees, everyone is going to school. If you know how to start a business, you can easily make 100k + a year by getting consistent work. You make your own hours, name your own price, hire whoever is willing to do anything, and you get to learn how to actually do things that pussies like yourself could never do because you never had a real man for a father teach you.

He risked being wrong about his thesis and losing money. Still 99% of people have to endure discomfort to get ahead in life. Just fucking do it, faggot.

Attached: 1544580503073.png (420x336, 20K)

The government still taxes you. Daily reminder that taxes are theft.

Thank you fren. I'll start by calling around and seeing if they're looking.

Thats a fucked up video dude. What the hell am I seeing there?

I don't know the going rate for plumbers, but I had a side gig for a while doing basic maintenance at a pediatricians office. Made $45 an hour to change out light bulbs, patch drywall, & just do general bullshit. Only was a few hours every couple of weeks, but was low stress & easy money. They had a bunch of 18-23ish year old girls working there... so that was cool. Should have probably lined up a couple dozen offices for the same price, but never went for it. Getting paid a couple hundred bucks for something that gets you moving around & talking to girls for half a Saturday isn't too shabby.

You'd certainly be paid more as a developer if you were good at it, but that shit isn't for everyone. Plus, when you're stuck on the side of the road, you're not going to get anywhere trying to reprogram your carburetor.

>you don't understand the world
No, I don't understand America. I am from a South American shithole and technicians/tradesmen get paid fuck all here, while the service industry is booming and we're even getting outsourced to American companies because pajeets are too shit at their job.
I didn't pay more than $50 to get my fridge working again (parts included) so I'm trying to wonder here what kind of fucked up rates technicians have in America.

i fucking hate advice like this. its literally meaningless drivel and a huge cope.

Good luck dude. Find out which Supply Houses sell materials to trades fags. There will be local wholesale suppliers that'll sell plumbing shit, or parts for electricians, & other trades. Sometimes just rolling in there and asking if they know anyone looking to hire someone can be a good way to find out whats up. Just dont look like a fag and for crying out loud, dont wear anything with unicorns on it or tell anyone... ANYONE.. that you're from California.

Did you forget that this is a bad advice thread, or are you so desperate to show off your small amount of success that you intentionally just one-upped a meme answer?

>not drawing vore and diaper fetish furry art for that sweet degenerate money
>not selling your sister's used panties online for loser beta bucks
>not pimping out your girlfriend to other guys to fulfill your fetish and get paid

If you're this fucking dumb then maybe you should just work retail or fast food.

Nah, corporate profits are theft

Not if people give them their money of their own will, retard. Voluntary exchange = business, exchange at the point of a gun (police, taxes,) = theft. You can't say "no" to the taxman. You can say "no" to facebook and coca cola

Attached: 1560844173594.jpg (645x1000, 107K)

Sure but you can't deny that corporate profits aren't also pure theft. They should go back to workers but they never do, and people just accept it. Taxes do mostly get pissed away, but I'd wager that taxation benefits people more than corporate profits ever will unless you're a shareholder in said company.

Profits are not theft. Don't try to twist words to mean things they don't mean. Investors should be rewarded for their part in the economy (risk taking, capital allocation, locking their capital in place). Workers already get a massive share of the profits through their wage. A bigger share of corporate cash flow goes to wages than investors already.

Attached: 1544566919247.jpg (1251x1920, 219K)

2 years sound decent desu.

most normies will shame you to get a full time job if you dont have one over 25 yr

2/3 of taxes go to welfare (in different forms), which makes people passive and weak. Welfare destroys people.

why do niggers and boomers say this all the time?
>follow your dreams and interests
my only interest is to fuck whores while snorting coke from their tits in a yacht. will i get it? no.
>get a trade
lmfao

Attached: 1543481281089.jpg (540x720, 33K)

Yes, son. You're supposed to have a dream or interest, then follow up with a plan that includes hard work and dedication. Then you can play with your troll dolls.

Laughing hard at bugbooms, your dream is to wageslave for 60 years in the hopes that your pension is still there by the time you can retire?

Trade work here in the states is probably the best work you are going to get if you only have a high school diploma. And a secret between you and me. It is probably the best paying work you are going to get here as compared to most college degrees.

t. Math degree, but got a lot of traddie friends.

Am I supposed to hope my pension isn't there?

Don't depend on underfunded pensions. Build your own capital income.

Well sure, but I still hope my pension is there. Extra money is good in my book.

>muh college

College is only good if you live in a country where its free like in europoorland.
And it doesn't make you smarter it gives you some knowledge and it depend only on you to use this knowledge to launch your OWN business and not being a wageslave.

Studied law myself, tax law and business law, very usefull to launch business in real estate for exemple.

As an engineer who managers about 20 tradies these fuckers get paid more than me, but always say I must be on the big bucks because I have a lot more wealth. Truth is all of them are fucking retarded with money, gambling, buying a new car every few years etc.... If I had my time again I would just leave school early. Train as a sparky and retire at 35, which crunching the numbers is extremely fkn possible in Australia

Just go into corporate sales. You work your own hours. Sell a service that helps businesses and you make more money the harder you work. Most people now days are pussies so if you have confidence you will do well.

unironically i think a lot of zoomers should just join the military -- i signed on for a 6 year contract after dicking around for a year out of high school and now that i'm out, i'm set for life.

had a relatively large amount saved when i got out, separated with two associates degrees and a bachelors, didn't pay for them at all. great job right now while i'm going for my masters and i spent my last year waving my dick around as an NCO so i've got "managerial experience" for resumes once i leave my current job.

my only regret is doing 6 years instead of 4, but i got an early promotion and time to become an NCO out of it.

air force is the best for this career path though, i can't vouch for the army/navy not dicking you over trying to pursue a degree

addendum: and on the rare chance you're a huge brainlet and actually enjoy it (admittedly, it was the most fun i never want to have again), NOTHING outside of extremely cushy corporate jobs offers as good a retirement as the military. 20 years in and you're set for life.

>money can't buy happiness
>I don't care about being rich
>I didn't become a teacher for the pay

These are the trademark quotes of bitter boomers that DO wish they were rich. You can tell they're trying to cope because they never shut the fuck up about not caring about money

It’s really ironic desu. I have a bachelors and a masters degree, about to go back for a second masters, all in meme degrees cause I’m a naive intellectual, and I’ve never made much money at all. Meanwhile my neighbor who dropped out of college after a semester just bought his own house after starting a landscaping and property management company. Certainly helps that his Dad owns a big business and a ton of real estate for him to manage/landscape, but still, he’s actually making money, whereas the bookish type like me are consistently over-educated and under-employed.

>so I'm trying to wonder here what kind of fucked up rates technicians have in America.
That explains it. user it's about supply and demand. Down there every boomer and gen X is willing to try and fix their own stuff, but up here we've had YOUR personal attitude as a culture for 30 years, so we have very few tradesmen left, yet tons of people who need their services. The water pressure wasn't getting to my dish washer when I bought my condo, I fucked with it and got it improved but still not good enough to clean, didn't want to flood my kitchen, dad never showed me this stuff cause he lifted his nose at trades too. Fixing my dishwasher cost me $240 USD+parts, took the guy 3 hours but only because running two loads to make sure took 2 hours. He spent most of it in his truck laughing at the paper.

His dad bought him the equipment, trust me you couldn't have done what he did.

>t. admired my cousin's fiance for his lumber business until I found out his dad gave him $50k at 18 for his first cutter/hauler and $225k at 23 for his bigger industrial cutter/hauler.
I thought the guy was a genius and a success story when really it was just a good ROI on a 300k grant.

Landscaping is easy to start up, though. You just need a weed whacker, a lawn mower, a leaf blower and a pickup truck. Assuming you already have a vehicle you can start a business for $1000

>simply manifest a $30,000 pickup truck with your mind
If you're in a liberal state then 90% chance you have regulations on what trucks you have to use for this. It looks easy because illegals do it, but they don't have to answer to the IRS.

The biggest indicator of success in a person's life is his ability to delay gratification.

This was me a couple of years ago until I realized what I was doing, it was just an excuse to blow all my money on alcohol and food.