Reseller General #2 /RG/ Jannies banned me edition

Jannies banned me so I couldn't post in the thread earlier today. Figure I'd repost and thank the user who started this. I make between 1-3k a month in profit reselling. Doesn't feel like work to me as I actually enjoy doing it. Been scaling pretty steadily and I'll be quitting my 9-5 once I'm consistently at/over 4k a month profit.

Original thread:
Great Channel for straight up eBay vids with no bullshit:
Daily Refinement
$0-$1k a week on eBay
youtube.com/channel/UCkq7AY19BnmIsjRK14ePjcg

Online outlets to source:

shopgoodwill.com
any liquidation site
eBay.com

Some tips on starting:

-Find a lightweight product that is cheap to ship
-Buy lots/repair lots but inspect pics to make sure you can make all your money back on a few of those items
-if starting with eBay, use personal account and free listings.
-connect a paypal ONLY used for this store. Whatever you make, reinvest in more product/things related to your store like supplies. This will keep you from investing personal capital.
-focus on one niche and get good at it, then add more. don't change your model too much

Those are some tips that have personally worked for me.

Discussion?
>current niche (if comfortable sharing)
>how much you started with
>how long it took to go full time
>beginners tips/things to avoid
>scaling up
>your personal story
>arbitrage

Biz entg threads used to be really comfy before going off the rails, i miss that feel.
Currently reselling and wanted to talk to some guys on here about their experiences and help fellow wagies just starting out.

Attached: 52793507_1660773664068918_4239961335899514196_n.jpg (640x640, 77K)

I know how to sell sand to desert nomads, but I live in a third world shit hole and I dont have the capital to start flipping the big shit. My other option to make it big relatively fast is to sell shit online, or at least write the sales copy for people who sell shit online.
I took a look at affiliate and dropshipping, but you need to invest shekels in advertisement to funnel people into your own sales page. But even then, you are at the mercy of black hat seo tricks that might or might not get you banned, or slow organic growth that will take about a year to start paying itself back.

Basically, what would you advise to a dirty third worlder who knows how to sell shit offline, and wants to take his skills online?

I don't have any affiliate marketing experience. I've only just looked into it same as you so I really can't speak to it much. But I'd probably recommend the slow organic growth route to build an audience. Once you start getting some $ coming in, use that for advertising to scale at a faster pace?

First of all, I love you user

I must gave up trying to repost and choked out an ate my pizza.
Second, fucking congrats! I really want to at least make that much or even half a month. Please I would love for you to share your story and success if you have no issue!

Attached: 1558746641152.jpg (361x363, 32K)

What about consignment?
we consign antiques at my wagie job and sell on eBay. If you are a great salesman and can earn the trust of bigger ticket clients, you wont have to spend much. Maybe for shipping supplies.

>chilled
sorry for errors I'm phoneposting

bumping for based boomer

Attached: 1555070148066.png (738x466, 627K)

Basically What I do is retail arbitrage with sports and other collectibles. Wagecucked in that area for 3-4 years and learned the ins and outs of the industry as well as ebay. Looking to expand into other niches and potentially amazon

That's a great way to make it, thanks for sharing. Do you physically source yourself or have you hired put the work? How much profit do you look to make per item?
Is it possible to scale to 3-4k profit as a one person operation?

There's a website in my country with people giving away stuff instead of throwing it away.
I work night shifts and have most of my day off, so I used that time to go and pick-up stuff that was not to far away, and sold them on Ebay.
With the money I've made I could hire fiverr freelancers for odd jobs and make more.
Still looking for a good niche.
The main problem is shipping prices since I'm not from the US or Europe.
You can all make it bros.

Yeah I do everything myself. Sourcing, listing, shipping etc. I have physical possession of every item I sell. It's definitely possible. The thing that makes most people give up is they want to get rich quick. ebay is not a get rich quick scheme but it's definitely possible to make good money. My next decision is do I actually quick my job when I can sustain myself with this. If I continue my 9-5 and keep scaling this side hustle, I'll be able to pay off my mortgage early. I'll be miserable for a few more years but it may be worth it. I have time to figure that out though as I'm not there quite yet

my profit per item varies. Not sure if you're asking for a dollar amount or percentage. My items range from $10 - $2500. I don't accept any offers that I'm not making at least an 80% profit on. Most of my items I make 100-200% profit (some more). If an item has been sitting there for a while I may take a little less especially if it's big and bulky and I need to clear up some space

nice hustling user. Are you from the UK? If you ahev the right niche shipping isn't a big issue, buyers will pay if it's good. Certain. snack foods, watches, shoes, jewelry, clothes are all things I've seen people shell out money for.
I started like you, except here in the US people just dump their unwanted furniture and applia few for trash pick up in alleys and stuff. I uses to scour alleys and dissamble the vaccums for replacement parts when I was unemployed. You cancer like 15 bucks per part and it built up feedback.
You can also rehab old tables, chairs, etc with paint and resell. Keep us updated on your situation.
Based and a man of culture.
Your post gives me serious hope for my future. I would love to make that much and finally gwtbmynown apartment and even a house at some point. A few years of misery is hard to agree too when you're in the thick of it. But you're pretty secure with your hustle now, so it should be a bit easier to cope with right?
> $10 to 2500
Okay that's good, most stuff I've heard is like you have to make at least $20 profit to scale up. My niche is great for ROI because I pay 40 and after one watch sells the rest is pure profit.
Patience is a virtue with this business, that's great for others to take in as well. You won't get rich easy that's for sure. But it is a ton of fun to source and do all the little things like listing.
Any extra special tips or wisdom you want to share with the thread?

Attached: 1553103498572.jpg (900x888, 309K)

>But it is a ton of fun to source and do all the little things like listing.

I agree 100%. Love sourcing and listing items, which is prob why it doesnt feel like work.Also, it feels great being able to make money by yourself

>Any extra special tips or wisdom you want to share with the thread?

Yeah what's worked well for me is setting goals and tracking progress. For example, I set out to list a certain number of items every month and I always make sure I hit that mark. I have a spreadsheets breaking down sales, profits and margins for each month. I don't view scaling on a month to month basis as Ebay can be very cyclical, especially around the holiday season whereI've enjoyed 2-3x of normal monthly profits. Some months I'll be on hot streaks while other months I'll wonder where all the buyers went. It all evens out in the end. Q4 is always huge though, so If anyone wants to start listing stuff, October-EOY is where resellers and ecommerce as a whole do very well

This gives me hope, thanks! There's free stuff facebook groups for most towns, too, which gives me ideas.

Great advice, that's very similar to what I've been watching on the Daily Refinement channel and other reselling channels.
To be honest though, I've been winging it. I know the prices I pay for items and haven't done any maths or tracking goals at all. That's what I'm trying to work and get organized on. I wage then list on the weekends, source during the week and squeeze in time to repair and photograph whole trying to give my dog proper attention. Will keep the Q4 stuff in mind and build up inventory.
Thanks for your help with the thread, will repost over the next week and see if we can get more traction. Really inspiring stuff BoomerAnon!

I started out winging it too. As you keep going you'll see what works and what doesn't and start becoming more efficient in your processes and organization. One thing I forgot to add is that I always reinvest all of my profits back into my inventory. I'd recommend doing that if your financial situation allows it. Best of luck man, I'll be on the lookout for these threads

Attached: z.png (594x593, 852K)

lurking. have you flipped phones before?

I personally have not but have seen other anons mention doing so

No but I have heard it can be very lucrative if you can do it properly. You would have to do some research because there is quite a bit if competition.
You can also sell motherboards for phones and accessories as well. Learning to tinker may be useful

Thanks man, I have been doing that. Currently up to 3k listed, with like 60 items. Some of the watches are automatic so they are worth quite a bit.
Like in the OP it's easy to stay put it my bank account if I only keep my PayPal for reinvesting into inventory.
Happy you found these threads and kept them on life support, I miss biz and the wagies here.
Really inspiring reading your posts.

I have ebay top seller status that i attained in the last 8 months while selling $10k plus in sales

I have a huge collection of boxed toys that i also list as unboxed because shipping them unboxed saves me atleast 70% in shipping costs and i make the same profit, but they sell faster because people collect loose figures more.

i have also found a loophole in the ebay message bot system that allows me to get a high percentage of outside ebay transaction which saves me on fees and allows me to price cheaper to get more customers