Guide to 100k+ Salary?

Hey biz, I'm thinking of becoming a big rig truck driver while there's still time. I got at least 10 years right?

But I also want to become a software dev. If I'm on the road all the time I can't do both. What should I do guys? Do truckers usually make $4000-$5000 a month starting?

Attached: 1200x-1.jpg (1200x900, 124K)

They're both going to involve you slaving your life away, just pick one

>get a self driving truck
>code while driving
Both

Actually pretty good idea. Even with self-driving trucks, they will need competent people behind the wheel to take over in case of bad weather or malfunction.

Note that if you become a developer, you will regret it. If you become a truck driver, you will regret it. This is the human condition, so learn to be happy with whatever you do.

>implying there won’t be people monitoring 10 trucks each remotely, ready to take over in either of those situations

Honestly this, although I wonder if the law allows for it yet.

This.

If you have an IQ over 100 you can make work fun and turn it into enjoyment.

You will probably hate almost anything you do but if you do it long enough and have enough COPE mechanism's then you will make it.

Wireless transmission is unreliable.

Driving sucks you make shit money the job is fucking hell on your mind and body. It is not like the 80s anymore.
Only plus side was in his prime he licked it because he traveled the country and banged bar sluts in him semi, he was also attractive and not a fat slob like 99% of truckers.
T. My father was a trucker for 40 years.

If you own your own truck, you can clear 120k. But that's working 80ish hours a week between driving and running shit, dealing with kike middlemen, dealing with insurance/contracts/paperwork.

Would recommend 1-2 years as a lease operator to get the hang of things and learn the business. It's not hard, but it's harder than weak ass retards that think it's going to be easy can put up with.

Most software "devs" are borderline retards that copy paste pajeet code, and spend most of their day virtue signaling and struggling to uncap their soilent drink. Stick to that.

Attached: 40526680_715287998804929_909666582869835776_n.jpg.55cf3970a44c35c7b0a7f2c84e19d562.jpg (880x1100, 121K)

Code a self driving truck :innocent:

This. Think of some good ideas while driving and sit on the phone and delegate to Indians, even Boeing does it.

>dealing with kike middlemen
You can cut them out easily. You can literally bid for your own truck routes and make a guaranteed 200k+/yr.

How much would I make starting out as a trucker with Swift or Penske etc?

Don't work for a trucking company. Just get 40K together, and put 20% down on an SBA loan. You can buy really good routes for 150-200K, and make 150-250K profit your first year.

almost nothing. Literally the shittiest starter company and literally who scam rental company. Like barely enough to eat, while working 7 days a week for months. DYOR
t. someone that has never driven a truck, and will refute by claiming to "be in the business". KYS dispatch faggot scum.

Attached: 1562473672840.jpg (1080x1350, 289K)

sw engineer dude, better career. dont drive truck its getting automated

Actual truckerfag here, why the fuck are you looking at Swift and Penske? Also working for a company you can make 50-60k a year as company driver at a decent one. I trainermaxx at a mega and I’m making 100k but it’s a fucking nightmare and not really recommended. I’m just hoarding my money and investing.

Owner operators can make more but the freight market is shit right now and a lot of them are going out of business plus going straight into owner op is fucking retarded.

You get a mandatory 10 hour break, so if you only sleep 8 hours you can code for 2 hours a day not counting downtime at shippers and receivers, waiting for reload, 30 min breaks, loads with excessive time on them, etc. Hurry up and wait is the meme of the trucking industry.

i make 130k gross as a trucker and invest about 70% of my money.. 10 years and i'm finally free

There's literally endless posts of people driving a flatbed and hitting a 200K+ income within their first 2 years. Even some people from my high school got into trucking that were dumb as rocks are making 100K+ as owner operators. It's a simple fucking business, and it pays well because nobody wants to be away from home for 3+ days at a time.

A resourceful person could easily make 200K+/yr given how there are websites where you can bid for jobs or negotiate with some boomer to give you a good price on a route.

It isn't rocket science to not wageslave for some trucking company at 0.60-0.70$/mi, and do your own jobs instead.

She looks good, is she your wife?

By the time it's automated, you can become a millionaire many times over. The most important thing about trucking for young guys is that they can easily establish 2 years of 150K+ income, and get the bank loaning them $1M+ to buy real estate.

Name one other industry where a 20 year old can get access to that type of credit at such an early age.

Trucker here. I trade on bitmex while I drive. The trucking itself I make about 120k a year and it's easy as fuck. It is long hours and kinda hard on your body I guess. But I don't care. Few more years and I will be able to start my own full time business

>But I also want to become a software dev. If I'm on the road all the time I can't do both
You can, i remember there was an user on Jow Forums who built his battlestation inside his big truck next to the driver seat. Full desktop and shit. Just hostpost your phone to it and start developing on road breaks.

Attached: 1562895399077.jpg (250x250, 8K)

Has anyone considered how it would work to have 2 operators driving nonstop?

You can theoretically split the bills in half for driving a truck. One drives for 11 hours, the other for 11 hours, and you take turns sleeping in the back.

How much would this improve margins by?

Let's say you drove, 77 hours behind the wheel each.

muh >1ms 5G

Significantly. Also opens you up to better freight. Downside is sleeping, having absolutely no life or spare time for internet, and having to get along with someone in an 8x8 box.

Not too hard, did it for my first year...and have trained students on and off since. The other problem is pay, the off driver eventually ends up wanting more if they ever see your weekly gross...and it's almost impossible to keep someone with the same level of work ethic (while paying them 25% of what you "make" in their eyes).

When training students, I basically profit just over my truck costs (in other words, the truck is free/paid for for my shifts). But that's factoring in having to deal with their family emergency shit, and downtime to go get them, teach them, run to a terminal for their paperwork or upgrades etc.

It's like 1500-2000 a week training factoring it correctly. Dumbass rednecks with take their one monster week and x52 and use that number, 1700 is more realistic.

Attached: 1562627632840.jpg (1080x1332, 94K)

Doesn't matter what speed you have, if equipment breaks down on the truck end you're fucked.

Which company are you with if you don’t mind me asking? How much can I expect to make starting out, like is $4000 a month reasonable?

To expand, the best team drivers are usually family. Two brothers that don't fight over dumb shi and just put their head down and work. Husband/wife teams a lot, but the chick never pulls their own weight (literally),

There's a mandatory lunch break, so it's easier to just run 12/12 with an hour lunch or 30 + piss/whatever. Also only allowed 70 in 7 days rolling over...so the night shift (usually, due to more deliveries and pickups on day shift so less overall driving for them) ends up having to sit out a day every 2 weeks. Aka morning drives, truck stops for 10, morning drives, night takes over slightly earlier and then rotate back into your schedule. We always kept strict-ish hours, better for your body's sleep schedule. But sleeping soundly in a moving truck, going over the east coasts niggery roads is a big ask.

Attached: 1562125490246.png (1080x1350, 2.58M)

Thanks, I didn’t know which company to start out in. I’ve just heard these companies were OK as a noob

>:innocent:
wat

Which company?

Google is your friend. TruckingTruth and TruckersReport are your friend. For a complete noob, they pay actual African nigger tier wages.Or street shitter thank you sirs wages if you prefer.

All flatbeders are mentally retarded, but theoretically cap out at higher with oversize/heavy haul. Dryvan hauling toilet paper pays in toilet paper. Reefer hauling millions of dollars in pharmaceuticals pays toilet paper and some snacks.

The jews are trying their hardest to flood trucking with third worlders, more than any other sector besides drywall. The kvetching about not having enough drivers is just to bring in more shitskins. Still pays better than warehousing or cuckstemer service, but you sacrifice a lot (and work tons more) to get there.

Attached: 098BE9F5-F3B5-44CC-9A9C-3BE6C166DF6D.jpeg.6a763bf77da037f133d0488cc007f01d.jpg (1080x1080, 133K)

I work in oilfield. My Id probably changed but I'm the guy making 120k. I haul bulk fluids. It's easy as fuck as I said. Usually just drive 1/4 of the day. Rest of the time im inside the truck making trades on bitmex. (mostly losing money there, haha)

Imagine how much you could make hauling oil for frackers.

>one guy watching 10 trucks
>two trucks need user control
>he has to let one crash
nah retard if anything it'll be 1:1 person manning a truck remotely

>drive big rig
>make 100k
>body and brain break down due to demands of grueling job
>lose ability and desire to code
>grow comfy with 100k wage.
>never stop. Always drive. Always rig.
>die early from heart disease.

not in 10 years when it'll be automated

Cool, thanks. Do you need a special license or experience or is a regular CDL enough?

Spending money to build a trucking sim when you can go do it irl... based!

Go truck, it’s a hard job, but you’ll get gud. But you won’t make all that money. Instead, live in the truck and max out your 70 hour rule! Buy your own truck when you get gud and live in it.

/o/ has a thread on trucking op. Join us for bad advice