Investing into silver is for retards

I was looking for a place to diversify my crypto porfolio so I glanced at precious metal threads, some anons shilled silver so I decided to crunch through some numbers and holy shit is this idea retarded. Here are some facts for those that are too lazy to do any research

>there's over 0.5 trillion tons of silver under the earth
>that's 16 quadrillion ounces
>if you multiply that by the current price of $15/ounce the market cap would be 240 quadrillion dollars
>there's 244 000 tons of gold on this planet, that's 2 million times rarer than silver on earth
>approximately 77% (187 000 tons) of all gold in the earth has already been mined
>only 0.3% (1.5 billion tons) of all silver in the earth has been mined

Who the fuck in their right mind would invest money into such an extremely abundant resource and expect long term gains. The second it goes up in value you'll have every silver mine on the planet pumping out megatons every day non-stop until they run dry just like they did with gold. Enjoy paying for a loaf of bread with a 1 kg bar of silver in the future

Attached: 1487834837182.jpg (640x423, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2018/11/06/ex-jp-morgan-trader-pleads-guilty-to-manipulating-metals-markets.html
unenumerated.blogspot.com/2007/02/mining-vasty-deep-i.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tell me if I'm being a brainlet but the 244,000 tons of gold is just an estimate right? Otherwise, they would know where to find the last percentages of gold which is undeground, in river beds and mountain creeks? Yes no?

None of it is accessible retard. They’ll have to open new miners and the banks own all the miners already

Attached: 1513939493170.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Attached: 1517254140224s.jpg (211x239, 4K)

This is the equivalent of counting the Earth's iron core as part of the "available" supply of iron on Earth. The vast majority of the silver in Earth's crust is not concentrated enough to be viable for mining operations. There's silver in the soil nearly everywhere on the planet, it adds up to a lot, but no one is ever going to bother with it.

Attached: 8E30F924-77BC-4EF4-B3E9-0A87188C96C9.jpg (1864x712, 275K)

Not to mention the team holds 80% of the total supply

thanks OP just bought 100k

thread

>megatons
You arev aware that a megaton is the power an explosive creates that is equivalent to a ton of TNT, right? Next you're going to tell me that a lightyear is a measure of time...

>a lightyear is a measure of time...
It is a measurement of time, you fucking nigger.

Attached: wbctlf7lyhc21.jpg (1024x904, 101K)

People with so much money don’t need to buy invest anymore.. they got so much money that they want to preserve their wealth. Silver is one of them.

>You arev aware that a megaton is the power an explosive creates that is equivalent to a ton of TNT

One thousand tons, hence the prefix "mega-"

Eh kinda. It's more if a measurement of distance.

No, it's literally a measurement of time. You're fucking retarded.

The only variable here is if asteroid mining becomes a viable industry before the silver is really scarce. I know, the earth is flat and space is CG, but I'm thinking in the next 70-100 years asteroid mining profits will overtake costs and the metals market will be flooded. Playing on the edge of a knife, but still a better long term than crypto. I bought up a bunch at $4/oz, sold a lot off near the ATH of $55. Such a return is unheard of in something you can get in your retirement account. I don't think it's bad to diversify, silver isn't gonna lose 90 percent overnight. I like having physical and stacking it, pretending I'm a pirate or some LARPy shit like that

>the milky way is 300k lightyears ACROSS

Is it 4D chess? I'm confused. Also no bully on the actual distance across the milky way, I'm just guessing.

LOL you could just as easily say "the milky way is 300k minutes across" but that doesn't make it true. Read a book some time

Asteroid mining for PM's will never be a thing because it cannot be profitable. Take silver for example. They would need to easily mine 30 metric tonnes of silver just to break even for the cost of one trip into space, and the costs are rising YOY to go to space. Now figure out how to safely get 30 metric tonnes safely back to earth. Good luck!

>the costs are rising YOY to go to space

the exact opposite, tho.

>the costs are rising YOY to go to space
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The next space mission will cost an estimated $500 million USD. The prior missions were $320 million, and $285 million prior to that. SO yes the cost is increasing YOY.

How much of the 0.5t tons under the earth is accessible though?

What is inflation? Which is more, how much is it costing Musk to go to space each mission?

>not controlling for inflation

based retardbro

>what is inflation

Musk is setting up to do pleasure rides into space, not fucking missions that are taking literal fucking tons of mining equipment.
>Muh asteroid mining though
My god the absolute fucking state of brainlets these days...

earth is flat brainlets
no asteroid mining missions
kill yourselves

>just as easily say "the milky way is 300k minutes across"
Are we talking about two different things? Anyway just looked it up. It's only 100k light years across.

Nope. They will eventually. But I’m still balls deep in silver and gold. Why?

BECAUSE ITS STILL 50 YEARS OUT FAGGOTS AND THE FINANCIAL CRASH IS 50 FUCKING *WEEKS* OUT MAX

First off, you didn't account for inflation. You're a retard. Pure and simple. Secondly, it is true that Musk is not, as of today, going to mine asteroids for silver. However, I ask you, is SpaceX reducing the cost of travelling to space?

If this isn't bait, it would explain how people on here manage to lose money in crypto

Has nothing to do with inflation. US has lost space tech and doesn't have any viable carriers to get into space.
Currently only Russians can get stuff into space and they are driving up the prices, because the sanctions pissed them off.

US currently only has Delta 4 Heavy, which is so expensive and unreliable it's only used to launch DoD stuff that can't be trusted with the Russians.

>The light-year is a unit of length used to express astronomical distances and measures about 9.46 trillion kilometres (9.46 x 1012 km) or 5.88 trillion miles (5.88 x 1012 mi).[note 1] As defined by the International Astronomical Union (IAU), a light-year is the distance that light travels in vacuum in one Julian year (365.25 days).[2] Because it includes the word "year", the term light-year is sometimes misinterpreted as a unit of time.

Silver as money is dead. It was only useful as money when we were still using coins as a compliment to gold, but ever since gold backed paper currency became the norm silver was no longer needed.

I can't imagine being this fucking retarded. The US issued silver certificates until 1965 and stopped pegging the dollar to gold in 1971. Silver was used as currency right up until they decided to stop pegging currencies to precious metals all together.

Whoosh.

>ever since gold backed paper currency became the norm silver was no longer needed

Attached: 1543373014615.jpg (645x968, 55K)

How is that wrong?

Do you believe the USD is backed by gold?

No. Why would you ask that?

because this paper gold bullshit is how we ended up here in the first place, retard

never heard of these unmined silver amounts you have seemingly pulled from your ass, all I have ever read from a multitude of sources is that it its only 9 times rarer than gold and should be priced accordingly.

You’re off.

>204,000 metric tones estimated to have been extracted throughout history
>40,000 metric tones of reserves in the ground known to us yet to be mined
>several billion tones of gold still in the earth crust but so spread out that it’s impossible to mine and we’ll only be able to average around 4-5k tones of extraction a year
>2.045 million metric tones of silver has ever be mined throughout history
>again billions of tones in the earths crust but impossible to get it all out
>average 45k tones a year from secondary mining, primary mining might yield 100k-200k

investing in precious metals is a great idea if the market is about to take a shit.

pritty much this + crypto, little bit of fiat for short term shtf barter for normies to grasp the next in demand currency. basic prep should be common sense. unironically, the pajeets might be better off down the road.

like the elites would want to inflate their supply for the normies, jej.

Silver is gay. How do you sell it?

You mean I have to leave my house to sell it? Sounds stupid

>You mean I have to leave my house to sell it? Sounds stupid

Attached: 1527536587.jpg (228x221, 9K)

How does everyone feel about 90% "junk" silver coins?

it's good
dimes are the best

I ordered three rolls of mercury dimes last week.

though I will say, silver dollars can be kind of a rip off
might as well just buy eagles instead of them

nice, I'm definitely buying some the next time I buy
I want to make sure I have at least $100 face value in dimes for shtf

kek’d
I’d rather just buy eagles or bars, in a complete doomsday scenario dimes could be really useful for small trades and transactions

>the banks are pulling a fast one over the whole world and no one realizes it. Not even institutional investors and rare earth metal dealers
>conspiracy to suppress silver but not gold

Post a pic of your computer right now. No cleaning allowed.

To reiterate. This poster is creating a narrative that sounds good but isn't actually real.

did u even read it? Silver has high industrial usage, gold has little to none and is practically only a SoV.
>ii
they’re all tied in with banks that hold all the millions of ounces of physicals they’ll be fine. Not only do ii realize it, they actively participate in the price suppression and make it killing for doing it
>dealers
They know the innate value of silver, thats why they became dealers in the first place, so when it moons they become absolute king pins, already having a shit ton locked in store vaults.
>post a pic of your computer
Jokes on you pleb, i sold my $2k desktop to buy more metals

t. JPM commodities trader

cnbc.com/2018/11/06/ex-jp-morgan-trader-pleads-guilty-to-manipulating-metals-markets.html

That is a great analogy silver vs weed, i remember all through the 90s gold was always about exactly the same price per oz as weed and then gold skyrocketed to where it is now

No bully fren.its roughly 100k-200k lightyears across. Also pretty home based.

Attached: 1542093084911.jpg (508x516, 101K)

you can buy an abandoned gold mine in Colorado for 3-5k. For real 3000$. There's a ton of gold in there too. The problem is the surrounding material is a mercury containing compound. Upon contact you'll go insane, maybe die. Then you try and chemically mine it and you get put away for improper disposal of environmental hazards. Then you do it by the book and you lose money. Just cause it's there doesn't mean it's coming to market in your lifetime

Kek underrated

>THE FINANCIAL CRASH IS 50 FUCKING *WEEKS* OUT MAX
the trips will not go unchecked

dollars are gay, how do i spend them?

need more junk in my trunk

Attached: boomboom rocks.jpg (3264x2448, 1.84M)

The moon landing is a hoax..

Listen anons,
China and Russia have been hording gold since 2014. There is no slowing down. Silver is always a fraction of the value of gold. usually the ratio of silver to gold is fairly stable. JPMorgan Chase bank owns almost all the silver and traded silver (paper silver). They are manipulating silver to stay low to also keep the price of gold low. If the price of gold goes too high it would indicate the dollar is no longer viable as the world currency. Countries are no longer squashing debts in USD because.. well.. they have no idea how much the FED's are printing out of thin air. When China makes there move and Russia and Iran and a handful of other countries follow, the currency will be backed by gold and will by default make silver boom. 2021 is lift off. Furthermore, cars and solar panels all rely on silver. expect silver to be 100 USD or 90 CAD by 2021 and 250 USD by 2025. Its not crypto but its a safe hedge. V TD for financial BCE for communications ENB for utilities MSFT AMZN MDB CSCO for tech and standard etfs VFV VUN XER for etf. the only crypto you should hold if you are not a retard is BTC have a good day anons.

>THE FINANCIAL CRASH
The what? You mean recession?
The financial crisis isn't something that happens with regularity.

You're criminally underrating the power of MO with a DRiP

I have no idea how I got memed into buying BSV though. I'm not sure if these iron hands will end up around my throat, but I can't stand the idea of selling at a loss.

And I'm cool with some ETH. Should've all inned BTC though.
And MO
And ETF's like SCHG

The yield curves tell you all you need to know.

FUD on here constantly spams that investing in stocks the last 100 years out paces PMs. That’s true, but we haven’t quite ever been in this position before, only the Great Depression of the 1920’s will come close. Trillions and trillions of global QE have been printed in the last decade, taking us further and further away from when the currency was gold backed.

All indicators are pointing to a global recession which means the ‘everything bubble’ (real estate, Dow, SP500, FAANGs) are going to blow.

The Fed announced it will reverse QT and start more QE and cut rates. Cue the Dow and SP500 reaching ATHs, this should send gold back down but it hasn’t.

The market knows this shit is baked in. PM miners are already off to the races, (look at Harmony, Sibanye) from where they were last year.

The reason why silver lags is because it’s mined as a byproduct alongside commercial metals. The moment the recession hits, commercial metal mining operations scale down. In turn silver will then pop and outpace gold. Silver is needed for green energy (cars, solar panels, electronics) even though ‘thrifting’ means the demand can be managed, it won’t stop silver being used as a store of value alongside gold when inflation goes through the roof in the next few years.

Attached: 61003A4A-C045-4851-9DD0-3831E970F0AD.jpg (480x480, 63K)

Will consider MO, do they have naything lined up with weed or e cigs ? I feel like smokers are dying out...

Your last paragraph is something I have never thought of / heard. Thanks for that wise user.

>peak gold
turbo nonsense
unenumerated.blogspot.com/2007/02/mining-vasty-deep-i.html

>blogspot

Attached: 1562933434420.png (500x474, 99K)

Based and silverpilled