What do you put your 401k funds in...

what do you put your 401k funds in? obviously we've been due for a downturn for some years now so would a bond index be safer than in a stock index for the short term? vanguard btw

Attached: 1561406714208.jpg (800x1071, 218K)

im throwing on fund on shine rocks baby

based

based on the funds im offered I just read all the papers and basically yolod in large cap and a little small cap. 5% gains in a few months so far plus employer matching to like 3% or something pathetic like that

S&P 500 index. Most of the offered funds have high expenses. I always go with the cheapest option in a 401k

67% VTSAX
33% VTIAX

Start creating your bond tent with VBTLX when you're 50

/thread

You can't time the market and you're not an expert trader. Just put your money in a vanguard target date fund and set it and forget it. If you want to trade individual stock than open up a taxable portfolio. I know lot of people here don't like that answer.

>401k
good goy

REITS, schwab index funds, Schwab dividend funds, bond funds, and cash to buy huge dips (like in 2008)

vanguard is great, but nobody gives schwab any credit

VTTSX

(not investment advice)

(((((((((((((((((Schwab)))))))))))))))))))

this. 401k is the biggest normie scam there is

Don't put your funds in a 401k, except to get employer match, then just withdraw it immediately and pay the penalty because its free money. Put that into Bitcoin instead. 401ks are a fraudulent scheme concocted by the government in collusion with the financial industry to tax incentivize people to give over control of their money, so that they are only allowed to invest in high fee funds the financial institutions choose. It took 50 years for people to start realizing they were getting absolutely fleeced by fees so only recently have 401ks started offering lower cost funds, but they are still far more expensive than individual accounts, where the tax incentive is almost nullified. You have to do the match to see if its worth it, even so you can only buy stocks at inflated all-time-highes or bonds.

And I don't know about bonds right now, we are in completely uncharted territory with extremely loose monetary policy from the fed. Their rate cuts at the peak of an economic expansion make no sense. They know something. I would stay the fuck away from bonds, whose rates have been manipulated by governments / central banks for decades now to defraud pension plans. Stick with physical cash, gold, and crypto. Fuck the 401k.

>tax deferred or post-tax
>high contribution limit
>automatically deducts from paycheck
>most companies offer a match which is effectively 100% return

shut the fuck up retard

Dollar Cost Average into a low fee index fund. Don't try to time the market, that's what boomers do and end up calling the stock market 'gambling' or 'a loser's game'. Keep your DCA hand strong when blood is in the streets. Only look at or touch the money once you retire. If you are fairly young, time is the most powerful asset you have right now. Play with a compound interest calculator using 7.5% as a market average per year. How much do you need to put in per month to have your nest egg by 70?
If taxes went up by 10% would you refuse to pay it? Tax yourself 10% for the rest of your life and reap the rewards when you are too old to work. The rest you can play with and invest in crypto/silver/whatever.

Link

who eats broccoli with spaghetti

t. Retard

its a light pasta dish, pretty frequent at cookouts/picnics. typically cold. though the broccoli is usually cut smaller

>so that they are only allowed to invest in high fee funds the financial institutions choose
My 401k index fund has no fees and a 0.04% expense ratio, next

it's a 401k, meaning it's taken out every paycheck (once a week or once every 2 weeks), so you have no choice but to DCA

>My 401k

Maybe your's does, but I worked at a company once were the fund with the lowest expense was over 1%. That's why each person has to check theirs and do the math to see if its even worth it. Plus you still can only buy stocks and bonds, you'd be far better off just taking the cash and buying bitcoin right now.

Ditto, returns have been better than any other offering my company had. Last I looked at about 9% YTD

S&P is up closer to 20% YTD m8

but that percentage is slightly skewed because Q4 2018 was fucking brutal

gbtc iau slv gdx gdxj. Bonds are part of the bubble

What a fucking retard