Successful SalesAnon, ask me anything

Attached: 91D5BCB6-E0AE-4DCF-B4F5-C81B94215086.jpg (734x421, 39K)

How do you reel people in when they're not interested? I usually just do the generic "well this is pretty important blah blah" but it never works and I can't really think of anything else besides just begging and pretending that I'm gonna get fired or something if they don't buy lol

What are you selling? “Reeling people in” is typically the wrong approach. You want to make sure you are selling something that people actually need. Then focus on how you increase lead generation, either through your own prospecting or networking

what bags are you holding

60% Link
25% BTC
15% ETH

Crypto represents about 20% of net worth. Equities another 20%. PMs/mining stocks 10% and cash 5%, real estate 45%

I was a door to door fag a few years ago and had the worst time. I could esily initiate the conversations and give a basic rundown of what I was selling but I could never get them to buy. What was I doing wrong?

Knocking on peoples' doors for starters

Can you sell me this?

Attached: 29C8E61A-8AE4-4B3E-BFF5-E1689B1A76EA.jpg (1919x1080, 110K)

I know, it was a shitty practice but the product wasnt too bad (home security systems) and I needed the money. I saw my manager and some of the senior guys sell like 3 premium subscriptions every day

Door to door sales is tough, you are interrupting someone who doesn’t want to talk to you to sell them something they probably don’t need.

I started door to door 10 years ago (SMB not residential). That game is largely psychological and high pressure sales. You have to build rapport quickly and push past multiple objections. Most people will give in after saying no 3 times and give you a seat.

You just have to laugh off the no, saying something like, “ completely understand hot you feel, your neighbor (or other customers of mine) felt the same way, and what they found after meeting with me is....”

>selling home security systems knocking on doors
Why don’t you break into their house and wait on their couch to initiate the pitch?

This exercise is kind of a joke, it all depends on your product and the target demographic. Is it a cheap disposal pen or is it a Montblanc?

How to get running product into running stores

Learned this trick a while ago, if you want to get out of a cold pitch you just say "I'm not interested"
Some door to door fag wants to sell you something? Not interested
Cold call scammer wants you to sign up for blah blah blah? Not interested
Homeless guy wants you to lend him three dollars? Not interested
There is literally no persuasion trick to get around this. The salesman can't disagree that you aren't interested. It can't be reframed. It's the ultimate objection. Doesn't matter what they hit you with. "I'm not interested"

You have to look at how people actually buy the product. Most door to door sales (unfortunately) is taking advantage of weak willed people with high pressure tactics. You focus on the people that are too polite to shut the door on you and keep pushing until the agree to discuss the product. If you want to be really successful look at ways to network outside of the high pressure pitch. Find out about neighborhood watch meetings and ask to present (everyone will already be security conscious). Look for competitor’s security stickers/signage and target those houses for why your product is better or less expensive.

How do you deal with the fact that you're a piece of shit?

Your right it’s not interesting... but it’s necessary. I’m sure you aren’t interested in home insurance either but I’m sure you have it. We often tend to put off the boring (but important) decisions until it’s too late. Can you think of the last time that came back to bite you?

Yeah not interested sorry

Because I don’t force my company’s services on people. If you are going to be in sales, make sure you represent something people or businesses actually want and it is a product you can stand behind. I did door to door for a shitty company for 6 months right out of college. I was good but felt sick about it every day. Got out as quick as I could to join on with a company whose product I could stand behind

I have PTSD from a group of 20 law enforcement officers breaking my door down and raiding my condo. All because (I didn't know) a coke dealer lived there a year ago. If you knock on my door then fuck you.

Totally understand, I prefer to spend my time watching X sports team or doing Y activity. Do you watch x or do Y? (Make quick small talk). But anyways I have to get going soon to help “random user” with their needs. I could leave my info for you to follow up, but it will be easier to just wrap this up now. Let’s just take 10 mins to walk through your requirements and then I’ll be on my way to my next meeting.

why are you still on my porch?

unironically tried doing this the other day and the guy flat out said "yeah i get it's you job to bullshit me like this but i'm really not interested". just completely blew me the fuck out and i just muttered "have a nice day" and hung up

Why haven’t you shut the door? Because you know at some level you need to address this at some point and you are trying to decide whethe though should do it now. In the time we have been talking we could have been half way done, Let’s go inside and wrap this up.

*whether you

Frankly most of your calls in a job like this end like that. If you can push through multiple NOs you may move you ratio from 1/100 to 1/20 which is sill failing 95% of the time but is wildly successful in the job. Door to door and telemarketing is all about volume/ metrics and pressing when you have polite or weak willed people. It is the worst kind of sales, and mostly about pushing through rejection all day long.

What's your salary usually now?

How do you get a job with a decent base salary?

have you tried the method of constantly talking and not letting the potential customer say a word?

Some use this strategy, does not work on me tho I just let them ramble on until they are finished with their pitch and then say just no thanks and end the call

I'm the ultimate skeptic. Sell me LINK.

Do you invest in crypto today? How do you typically evaluate projects? What is your risk tolerance?

$130k base, $220k on target. Security and IT sales working with Enterprise accounts

No, you want the customer talking more than you. The more you get them engaged the easier the sale. It is also far more difficult to object to an open ended question than a sales pitch.

>yes
>I look for usecase and fomo indicators
>medium risk tolerance

As some general advice, avoid all conditional language. Would, could, should, and if all imply “but” in a customer’s mind.

“It would be great if we could take 10 mins to talk about blah blah blah”, will be naturally filled in by the customer with “but I would rather you fuck off and I go back to doing x,y, or z”

Give people direction and you will be surprised how often they follow. “Grab a seat at the table and we will need less than 10 mins to talk through your needs for x,y, or z” will yield way better results.

How long it take you to land that job? And how do you get a job with decent base pay like that?

What have you invested in to date?

For use case, are you focused on any of the larger number of platforms looking to compete directly with ETH, or will you be interested in a project with a differentiated value prop that is block chain agnostic and can provide value as a middleware to any of those projects competing with ETH?

For FOMO indicators, what do you look for? Are you interested in partnerships with other crypto projects, or are you looking for broader public exposure through ties to established well known companies?

10 years in my field. Early in you career you need to either job hop or leverage competing offers with you current employer. I averaged 15% raises every 18 months while being promoted multiple times. Work your ass off and network with your competitors to create demand for you and your customer base

Do you follow every lead to its death or focus on nurturing good accounts?
When developping, do you go all out trying to call/meet as much people as possible, or do you focus on researching and focusing on high potential?
Many little deals or a few big ones?

I'm in a bit of a runt at the moment, and questioning my strategy.