Where will you be when the great cardboard boom happens?

where will you be when the great cardboard boom happens?

Attached: bambinobadabingo.jpg (221x269, 28K)

I'm building sets of vintage baseball cards so hopefully it happens soon. Even if it doesn't, I enjoy doing it

Literally never.

Attached: 9055ebfa31c8550e-e1494349501884.jpg (504x252, 23K)

hmmmm

Attached: sillycardboard.png (1732x578, 366K)

get on with the program boomer we trade memecoins now

user what cards do you collect? what's your holy grail card?

nothing wrong with a little alternative alternative investment sonny

Attached: chocolatebagcontinuum .png (1440x1080, 1.98M)

little bit of everything, really enjoy vintage. have lots of 'holy grail' cards, but my favorite would have to be 1910 t206 ty cobb

Based. I'm working on a Topps 52-73 and Bowman 48-55 run. About 80% complete. Need 3 more high #s to finish up 67. Have a few Goudeys and t206's but nothing crazy. I don't really fuck w modern stuff too much. Pic related is prob my holy grail card. Bought it in the late 90's @ a local shop for ~$20 and got it graded last yr PSA 9

t.29 yo boomer

Attached: asddsasddsa.jpg (933x1597, 293K)

damn that's a comfy investment to hold on to. younger 'boomers' definitely have the advantage of time to wait on investments. vintage is typically a solid way to go appreciation-wise, but regardless the enjoyment of the hobby brings just as much reward. happy collecting, a 23yo boomer ;]

based thread

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 12.16.12 PM.png (1514x1464, 757K)

The market used to be amazing for cards. My father had amazing collections, and watched it all plummet in value as the sports collectible market shriveled.

His Mickey mantle signed baseball was his Crown Jewel

90s crash was sad, your dad's old balls wont cut it anymore.

anything thats not official and authenticated doesnt mean shit for vintage investors. the markets changed so much, its all about big money prospecting

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 12.33.45 PM.png (1424x1466, 737K)

might as well throw out all my shit then

Investing in Pokemon cards > Baseball cards

cards from the late 80s/90s are trash unless its MJ or jeter, random autos still have some value but wouldn't expect much as an investment

This. Those years were so mass produced and everyone kept them in good shape thinking they would retire from them. They're essentially worth nothing with the exception of a few cards as this user stated

how much is this jeter card worth? Baseball has definitely made a resurgence in American culture because people are fed up with niggerball and niggerball but I feel like generations beyond boomer the card trend dies off real hard. No?

Attached: psa9jeter.png (882x507, 181K)

a PSA 10 recently sold for 100k

i don't think so but who knows. in the last decade the prospect market blew up, which is basically penny stock gambling on rookies.

i made a few grand this year buying low on pete alonso, the trick is finding the overlooked guys on big market teams