The singularity

any tips on convincing my boomer father on buying LINK.

a little background
>owns house (about 350k worth)
>has 150k in checkings account
>no stocks.
>pretty dumb when it comes to investments.
>I briefly explained blockchain, smart contracts and doracles once to him. He doesn't really have a clue though.

keep in mind the pitch has to be convincing/make im interested in a not too longwinded fashion. any ideas on arguments? should I hit him with the 'WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" pasta? I need arguments about adoptions//usecases, how would Jow Forums go about it? I recently explained that chainlink token is a collateral and nodes get paid in LINK by companies. I explained that currently smart contracts can't use real world data reliably.
He said: If this company was so great why wouldn't google or microsoft build dis or buy eet.

goal is that he buys 1k to 2k LINK, thanks

some ressources I have looked at below.

Attached: 1560723849456.png (1898x2160, 837K)

Other urls found in this thread:

link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper
blog.chain.link/44-ways-to-enhance-your-smart-contract-with-chainlink/
medium.com/smartz-blog/how-smart-contracts-can-change-insurance-2341d551aa47
cloud.google.com/blog/products/data-analytics/building-hybrid-blockchain-cloud-applications-with-ethereum-and-google-cloud
pwc.at/de/branchen/financial-services/psd2.html
hypotirol.com/oesterreich/digital/psd2/psd2-information/
yuki.la/biz/9094610#p9094638
softwareengineeringdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/SED550-Enterprise-Blockchains.pdf
reddit.com/r/LINKTrader/comments/7ve3kb/my_research_on_the_bletchley_cryplets_and_why_i/
softwaredaily.com/post/5abcc791b23a5d0004b339b7?platform=hootsuite
reddit.com/r/LINKTrader/comments/9wnt57/chainlinks_confirmed_partnerships/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y4n2qWomiBf4QTVjoza3GqK-mrfFN3Rhe_D6nBswuQo/edit#gid=0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_attack
warosu.org/biz/thread/S14695979#p14696562
warosu.org/biz/thread/14112550
warosu.org/biz/thread/14226491
warosu.org/biz/thread/14360114
aws.amazon.com/de/blogs/apn/build-and-integrate-production-blockchain-at-consortia-scale-with-kaleido-marketplace-on-aws/
forbes.com/sites/darrynpollock/2018/11/01/cornells-town-crier-acquired-by-chainlink-to-expand-decentralized-oracle-network/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper
blog.chain.link/44-ways-to-enhance-your-smart-contract-with-chainlink/
medium.com/smartz-blog/how-smart-contracts-can-change-insurance-2341d551aa47
cloud.google.com/blog/products/data-analytics/building-hybrid-blockchain-cloud-applications-with-ethereum-and-google-cloud
pwc.at/de/branchen/financial-services/psd2.html
hypotirol.com/oesterreich/digital/psd2/psd2-information/
yuki.la/biz/9094610#p9094638
softwareengineeringdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/SED550-Enterprise-Blockchains.pdf
reddit.com/r/LINKTrader/comments/7ve3kb/my_research_on_the_bletchley_cryplets_and_why_i/
softwaredaily.com/post/5abcc791b23a5d0004b339b7?platform=hootsuite
reddit.com/r/LINKTrader/comments/9wnt57/chainlinks_confirmed_partnerships/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y4n2qWomiBf4QTVjoza3GqK-mrfFN3Rhe_D6nBswuQo/edit#gid=0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_attack
warosu.org/biz/thread/S14695979#p14696562
for the others who understand what's happening, here's the 42-pill:

chainlink buzzword reseach

owns both smartcontract.com smartcontracts.com, top tier SEO
most professional team, no bs hype, only b2b marketing, lets other teams announce first
ic3 in-house project, ic3 = msft, jpm, fidelity, digital asset (hyperledger and daml, premier dlt and sc language for enterprise and fintech) // 1st peer reviewed whitepaper, juels and miller co-directors - juels coined term 'proof of work', most quoted dlt academic, msft joined ic3 specifically for town crier and try to poach miller
accord = top 100 law firms
all industry reports indicating strongest interest for dlt is in sc but point out oracle problem as obstacle
blockchain agnostic = private dlt and baas integration too
dlt 2025 = 10% gdp
gateway for API economy, data monetization on dlt
IOT too
data=new oil
psd2
defi, fintech
szabo's god protocol
wef's 4th IR
data driven automated contracts
derivatives = 1st use case for sc = biggest on earth, 1quadrillion (isda cdm + daml + accord)
other use cases = every other big industry, insurance, trade, logistics, gambling, gov etc
best collaborators, swift, google, oracle, consensys/web3/hedera (advisers: docusign, fb, ic3) wright gonser wood wolpert yorke
1st mover, multiple years headstart, no competition, all bending the knees
even literally whos underrated: bnc=1st crypto data for nasdaq, vsystem=creators of PoS, thundercore=ic3=quoted in libra wp, kaleido=aws+msft, komgo(shell,bp etc), imf+world bank etc
best high cap performer in bear market
beast tokenomics (real need for token because collateral, scarcity from locking/staking, passive income rewards), can only appreciate in value
chosen by highest iq intj autists
major expansion plans
modular
integrated at all backend levels
massive network effect
literally 100s teams (already 50+50startups+nodes+100s dots etc)
best memes, strong holders
threshold sigs, TC, LP/CLC etc
remember eth's evolution with EEA etc
sc bubble next blockchain bubble

Bulldoze that boomer's house.

most importantly 42

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the black pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the “42-pill” - you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Remember: all I’m offering is the Truth. Nothing more.

June 12th (night before Google announcement)
warosu.org/biz/thread/14112550
>wake up...
>follow the white rabbit...
Then a week before the oracle announcement a riddle comes in:
warosu.org/biz/thread/14226491
The answer comes back a week later (days before the even bigger oracle pump)
warosu.org/biz/thread/14360114
aws.amazon.com/de/blogs/apn/build-and-integrate-production-blockchain-at-consortia-scale-with-kaleido-marketplace-on-aws/
forbes.com/sites/darrynpollock/2018/11/01/cornells-town-crier-acquired-by-chainlink-to-expand-decentralized-oracle-network/

No matter how emotional (You) get on crypto, don't involve your parents money into this. Let them be. Invest your own money and that's it.

good idea, though I live there.

Attached: 1562883751164.jpg (2209x2921, 3.17M)

is 400 LINK enough?

Attached: 1562346900029.png (400x350, 82K)

Then leave your room intact ahahahaha

maybe sell house and get 100k LINK?

>has 150k in checkings account
>no stocks.
>pretty dumb when it comes to investments.

perfect
make him go all in

Attached: 8c1.png (600x555, 281K)

Satan approves

Emphasize that while bitcoin’s value is based on speculation, chainlink has a value based on real usage of the oracle network

Attached: 001.jpg (3000x2000, 2.48M)

thx
damn, maybe 400 really is enough PRAISE SATAN.

Explain to him the importance of smart contracts and why they will probably disrupt the financial industry. Then elaborate on what all smart contracts need. Data. If smart contracts becomes a thing you need decentralized data because the smart contracts themselves are decentralized. Otherwise there is no point in having a DLT based system running smart contracts.

Then you can mention how all the big tech giants are researching this specific area , DLT and smart contracts. Buying ChainLink is at this point essentially betting on the fact that decentralized smart contracts will become a big player in the world of finance. Derivatives etc.

This

Haha based. Guess that means I'm set.

Attached: Exhibit-Archaeologycal-Museum-Athens.jpg (450x600, 28K)

How should I diversify my holdings between Link and Linkpool? The problem is that you can only buy LPs with ETH and I haven't done my research yet whether rising link price will also impact LPs price as well, since it doesn't have a pair with link. Currently have 25% of link holdings in LP

with Ass ID as well

you'd probably have to explain what the fuck bitcoin/blockchain is and then you'd have to explain ethereum... he'd probably be bored out of his boomer mind by the second sentence desu

or, you know, set aside some of your LINK as his, as a gift, to make retirement easier
he ain't gonna retire peacefully on 150k

unless of course, you're a poorfag nulinkers who "discovered" link too late

Look it took Warren Buffet watching AMZN skyrocketing from the 90s to now 2000USD in 2019 and only now be bought in. Boomers are the most low risk financial investors there are. But sure shill your family member into a incredible highly speculative 'investment' into digital zeros and ones online that dont even have value because the price is determined how much the other part is willing to buy it for. No revenue, no sales, no ownership stake
BASICALLY HOT AIR

Don't forget to tell him pee pee poo poo.

Attached: 1561853942417.png (498x621, 147K)

Put a bunch of eccies in his breakfast then pitch to him half an hour later. Really focus on how good link FEELS to own.

Its not hot air!! They are tickets to the 4th industrial revolution!!!

Attached: 1563090047733.gif (459x259, 3.7M)