There are likely hundreds, maybe thousands, of organizations that control more cpu than the entire network

>there are likely hundreds, maybe thousands, of organizations that control more cpu than the entire network
>just one needs to be breached to reorg the chain and demolish the price
explain to a brainlet why this isn't talked about more? Moneristas seem like the type that would care.

Attached: 1557049730775.png (1200x632, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@crypto_ryo/exchange-denial-of-service-in-monero-2b6f63454ac0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah that is not a problem
there are bigger problems with monero
like you can denial of service it

And all hundreds of those organizations are going to collude ? Seems far fetched

I have no numbers but there are tons of server farms. Monero isn't that big. Prove me wrong.

>protip

I was thinking about that: how many hash power does a supercomputer have? Not one from the top 10 worldwide, but a regular one used by all universities. ASICs in Monero would have keep it up both in price and network security.

>You can denial of service it

Attached: A99063B1-E38C-4645-9B89-DD491671B735.jpg (645x729, 31K)

I'm saying they can do it alone, no collusion.

get you some fud bro
medium.com/@crypto_ryo/exchange-denial-of-service-in-monero-2b6f63454ac0

>I have no numbers
>prove me wrong

The burden of proof is on you

You're the one with the bags. Now shill.

You think one organiation has more cpu power than the entire global user base of Monero? Wow that’s some level of retardation I didn’t think possible

>explain to a brainlet why this isn't talked about more?
If an attacker would mine a secret chain starting on block X, wait for the network to broadcast the very last block where a reorg is still possible (say block A at height X+9) and broadcast then immediately an alternate chain ending with block B at height X+9. Every nodes, some receiving A first and other receiving B first, will keep going on their own A or B chain and never switch to the other as the reorg would now be too long. Yet nobody knows which side should "--accept-reorg" as there is no ground truth, and the network is effectively split.

Kek, literally a non issue that affects no one made by some literal who shitcoin trying to be the next monero

Ok say I'm two orders of magnitude off. ~10 organizations. Comfortable with that?

>very last block where a reorg is still possible
Alright so it's like BCH and BSV, sacrifice convergence for reorg protection? Thanks

I don’t think you understand how many people will be mining Monero with randomX. Even 10 organizations colluding couldn’t buy enough cpu power to compete with the worlds cpu power, especially as adoption grows it will get exponentially more difficult

>actually look it up
>300MH/s
>divided by 1kH/s for a 1080i
>300k GPUs to 51%
Am I wrong? Does not seem like something only google and the NSA could get. Especially for a short period of time with rented hashes, cpus, gpus, botnets.

I don’t even think they have that many in stock to buy

reorgs don't work like that
you need like 70% + to really make it
you cannot reliably create the longest chain with only 1% more

>rented
>existing farms doing other shit
>botnets

Rusty on stats but assuming I start a shadow fork right now 51% should be plenty in, say, 1k blocks? Point is moot anyway since there is reorg "protection" aka not PoW

you can have all the tricks in the world
once it is found out
it can be audited and a proper fork executed, and all false transaction nullified
but then you need to be able to also go after the new fixed chain, and if you still have the dominant hash you will destroy the cone

Yeah as I said the point is moot with the reorg cap. Social consensus model. I dig it, maybe it really is that easy once you have demonstrated the ability to hard fork often.

I am not going to tell you where you are wrong, but you are.
Infact I just go and buy more now.
Maybe you will find out sometimes but I actually hope you just don't get it, stay poor and kys when it moons.

dumb people like you show me that we are still early, when I came into crypto all the 130 iq people fomoes, not that you fomoed we are at about 90, right? plenty of room to go, the whole of africa is still about to fomo lmao

also my Id is greener than you
take that as a sign

> (You)
>>very last block where a reorg is still possible
>Alright so it's like BCH and BSV, sacrifice convergence for reorg protection? Thanks

no, BCH and BSV reorg protection is a engineering joke, like if 15 year old script kids play with the bash and think they are hackers.

XMR has a algo based natural reorg protection

>im buying more/filling up my bags
pic related, always a good sign

Thanks

Attached: 1548645854162.jpg (466x466, 19K)

XMR - The only coin that really matters.

It's the BSD of crypto

I just buy, it's the currency of the future. If it goes up in price now it'll just be more expensive for me. I'll never sell.

criminal shitcoin

Waiting for the faggot who spam every monero thread with 50+ replies. WHO could possibly be against financial privacy?

he arrived

IT'S THE KIKES