Previously on /SMG/:

Attached: F1.large.jpg (1280x933, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D0W1v0kOELA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing to see here. Go away

I'm new to this.
How do I know when to sell?

Attached: Screenshot_20190717-085329.png (1080x1920, 105K)

no i'm getting maximum value for these fuckers. The market is going to fall in 6 minutes.

>PROTIP

Attached: BigDaddyB.jpg (800x600, 63K)

Wait until you're red again

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Ally's dividend reinvestment has no fees, the DRIP program is free so its not a big issue. I lose about $96 per year in fees (purchase on a schedule twice per month every month) but i've wasted more than that on at a bar in a single night

Attached: dividends are your fren.jpg (423x245, 21K)

Okay! Will you buy from me??

for me

V T S A X

Here we go again. Time to flip on the sell bots and go to lunch! Down we gooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Baggie, the VIX is on the move

You might have to live up to your trip and buy, buy, buy this falling knife

My shorts today are:
Tesla - 257.60
Shop - 335.85

Feel free to shit on me if I fail

Attached: 1549200707454.png (657x527, 21K)

holy crap this thread managed to survive overnight afterall!

>protip

Attached: it doesnt matter, none of this does.jpg (1920x1080, 961K)

But srsly how do I git gud? This game isn't like my Pokemon creatures.

Attached: Screenshot_20190717-090051.png (1080x1920, 107K)

buy low sell high

99% of people have NO IDEA when to sell

The best time to sell was yesterday. The next best time to sell is right now before this leg down.

Learn to in to basic technical analysis. There on tutorials on youtube.

Any comfy divvy stocks you guys like? Currently in NRZ and BX

Are you holding for earnings and then dumping?

Better learn to grow crops and collect rainwater

Attached: file.png (905x731, 534K)

I was teaching my self calculus last night and what we have reached in the market right here is called a point of inflection. This is a very significant spot and its where the shekels are really made.

Attached: ph.jpg (300x319, 58K)

Also what's this i hear about DB causing the next financial disaster? Based krauts

Attached: 1530295275348.gif (365x273, 3.45M)

this will be the 2nd time this decade germany has fucked all of europe.

When KBLB has returned you 80%. Not 2 weeks later when it's returned you -10%. I've always hated spiders anyway.

Buy high sell low

Yeah, I miss the old days when they at least tried to help.

Are you buying puts?

Attached: 1556329211696.gif (500x280, 1.55M)

My Dad just doubled his position on SNSS so uh... no pressure on me being right.

Attached: 61b.jpg (259x259, 26K)

God damnit I wanna buy MSFT but I still waiting on my moneys to xfer

Oh geez. This is why i never make specific stock recommends to family. I'm okay with losing my own money. Possibly being indirectly responsible for losing other people's money makes me really nervous. I would make an awful hedge fund manager.

Attached: 1561019519883.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

you dont want to walk too far down that road....

Attached: nokod.jpg (973x904, 173K)

Get ready to buy some LCI.. looks like they're gunna try a roll into a shake out of stop losses.

With LCI getting LEVO back...

LCI to $60

hey that's my 401k balance! almost exactly (I'm 28)

lettuce know if you have any issues with any calculus concepts or notation, there are posters here waiting to help u (25% of these treads are engineers, the rest are NEETs)

yeah I try and never be on the same side of a bet with family, friends, or even too many other /smg/ posters if I can help it. The obvious exception is that pretty much everyone is long indices together, of course

My grandma is going to leave me her 50k shares of TQQQ
How long do I have until the market crash?

Well my Dad's liked it so far, it's gone up about 28% from his initial investment point, which was a bit after mine. His reasoning was "That money isn't making much interest in the account it's sitting in anyway and I like this stock"

Shill me LCI

Why is the market going up? I thought everybody was at lunch >_

Based and divvypilled

>making stock recommendations to your family

There was one guy who convinced his mom to sell her retirement portfolio right when the market was at the bottom last December

The dollar menu tacos from Jack in the Box are like, so good. everyone should go and buy them. Open 24/7

Attached: buyone.png (796x553, 284K)

Better than ChickfilA?

Robot overlords don’t eat burgers, Baggie

Algos eat analytics

Computers eat crypto

And neofeudal wagies eat onions

oh no no my Dad isn't throwing THAT kind of money at it. Plus he has a large government pension, he's only playing with money he's willing to lose. Still I don't want to be the asshole son that loses him money.

I'd actually kinda like SNSS to close lower than 0.95 today because I'd really like to grab another chunk of shares tomorrow before the options expire on Friday.

Looks like another hourly oversold bounce, now in inside candles since the big red earlier. I'm not covering my short yet.

As long as they aren't eating at Chipotle I don't give a rat's ass.

no establishment can compete with Jack In the Boxes dollar menu

>The dollar menu tacos from Jack in the Box are like, so good
They are flavored cardboard, user.

is just hugging the 50 ema on the hourly... this shit could go either way, but I only got another 3 hours on my puts.

there are zero (0) Jack in the Box locations in the Chicago area. Nearest one as far as I can tell is Indianapolis.
for me, it's the Sourdough Jack

Attached: 1561580903646.jpg (1920x1200, 487K)

Oh hey bull, nice to see yah! Wait, what was that? The market is stalling? Don't worry, we'll be back up in no time :^)

Attached: 1546545789277.jpg (607x503, 120K)

The universe may not give me what I want tho, we're already up 6.44%

Back in august LCI lost a drug called Levothyroxine which shorts assumed the loss would lead LCI into bankruptcy.. but it hasn't.. and isn't going to.. LCI actually got Levothryoxine back in a new distritbution agreement and has introduced more drugs to their pipeline while paying down long term debt early.. there are many things LCI has done recently.. but shorts have drove it down to be very undervalued.

LCI to $60

Yo what's your opinion on the CMG stock?

don't buy it that's all you need to know

Bobo, the market is just cooling off before the next rally. You're not going to win today. There's too many people purchasing shares of everything and anything. Come back next week ;^)

>mfw market goes down and my portfolio goes up

Attached: ok.png (564x423, 258K)

>mfw

Attached: CreepyPeepingYoda.png (133x205, 64K)

>SPY down 0.25%
>Im only down 0.20%

Attached: xpe.png (310x166, 51K)

I don't know enough about it to give an opinion.

Finish this sentence: "If SPY hits 301 by Friday I'm going to.."

Attached: tab.jpg (300x173, 4K)

i'm holding for life time and then retiring on my dividend income. i'll continue to DCA on the way down during the next recession then on the way back up. i'll likely increase my savings ratio on the way down and up to get better gains

leave this thread forever.

>mixes 'going up' and 'going down, but less than SPY'

never gonna make it

Well flavored cardboard, deep fried and with just the right amount of hot sauce.

please no

Attached: 1541108257990.jpg (500x636, 109K)

Based and buffettpilled! Glad to see you around again

Don't do it Baggie

Attached: has1sad.png (514x560, 149K)

$301 is so far out of reach, we'll be lucky if SPY is $296 on Friday.

Hey Bagadocious, what were those puts I mocked you for buying yesterday?

You mean these puts?

Attached: 12341234.jpg (757x411, 28K)

the JACK weekly tail is in. Lets make some fucking money

If we get a rate cut, that would make bonds moon right? I should long some t-bills.

its our time now bulls

Attached: 156174851234234.png (773x823, 185K)

Teach me your ways, senpai.

I bought Ferrari shares a year too late. No one ever posts about stocks like ferrari or coty that double in price, just garbage like Coke and AT&T. You guys need to branch out

*ting* *ting* *ting*
Can I have your attention please? I have an announcement to make.

Attached: 1284386604614.png (429x410, 47K)

Oh shit nice bro! I guess this is a decent indicator of increase in prosperity... For some people...

Attached: estimates.png (977x527, 27K)

Play Freebird!

what is it this better be gud

Attached: 234543343.png (831x799, 329K)

:3

Attached: baggie's cat.jpg (4032x3024, 3.15M)

What u got Trollface?

Attached: Just+elon+musk+smoking+a+blunt_8fc545_6728403.jpg (1200x554, 72K)

I love Jews
I love People of Color
I love Jannies
and most of all
I love people who are selling their SPY

youtube.com/watch?v=D0W1v0kOELA

What a pretty kitty :)

How did you get a picture of my pussy?

same way i got a picture of other things of yours...

you posted it replying to me!

Attached: 1517795605742.jpg (1085x1217, 137K)

So I keep stats on my trades and I have managed to do something that is almost unbelievable. If you did the opposite of every trade I made over the past 100 trades with heavy size you would be absurdly rich. My approach to the market is perfectly wrong. Whatever I see in the price action or the charts is wrong. I am more wrong than any guru or well known trader on the face of this Earth is right. I'm occasionally right, but way more often and with way more potential magnitude (if I didn't stop out) I'm wrong. I look at my spreadsheet and if you were taking the opposite of the trades I was taking, you would be practically supernatural. Is it possible to design a system that trades against yourself? I have legitimately considered swapping my hotkeys to trick myself into selling when I think I should be buying and vice versa.

Attached: 12498612986129.jpg (960x720, 58K)

easy. write down what you want to do right now. come back 5 mins and do the opposite of it.

Did you guys hear that? The bear's are getting louder and growing in number...

Attached: 1521551503819.png (953x578, 27K)

for now on you should come in here to tell us all what you're gunna do first

Attached: 1546462163598.png (640x480, 296K)

faggit

Attached: 1234123333344.jpg (1055x1055, 99K)

post some numbers and graphs for us babygirl

Attached: 1559633362468.jpg (1000x1100, 177K)

BITF.V

Thank me later.

Bobo Bears Gang on patrol. Hard. Grind mode activated. Kabbalah Bull sacrificed on the altar of Q2 witchcraft - Hecate Mooning.

So Iran says pompeo misunderstood their diplomat, and their ballistic missile program is absolutely not up for debate. Yet crude continues to plunge. What gives?

/smg/, quick question:

How are prices actually determined relative to volume? Lets say there is someone holding 10 shares of stock A, a stock that has 100 total shares outstanding, that wont sell their stock for anything under $20. Everyone else who owns stock A is holding and not naming their price. The price of that asset is entirely determined by the one guy trading and all the other people outside looking to buy in, right? Basic supply and demand. So if those 10 stock A shares were sold to someone who turned around and did something stupid, like offer to sell his 10 shares for $5, or if the original guy just says fuck it and sells at a loss, does that really result in a crash?Or is it possible that there is some sort of volume weighting to price action? Because if there isnt, wouldnt that mean all stocks with low volume are vulnerable to severe price manipulation despite how many shares outstanding there might be available?

volume doesn't determine the price. the only thing that determines the price is supply and demand.

Lets say every stock is borrowed and shorts will have to eventually pay back stock and everyone that is holding stock is holding at $60 but the stock is trading around $6.. when stocks go to cover the price will go to the lowest seller which would be at $60

LCI to $60