stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

Previously on /SMG/:

Attached: candycorn1.jpg (805x580, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-epyc-rome-server-cpu-7nm-zen-2-price-specs-leak-64-cores-under-10k/
golem.de/news/xeon-platinum-8284-intels-240-watt-cpu-kostet-15-000-us-dollar-1907-142603.html
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/disney-plus-streaming-service-news/?amp&ved=2ahUKEwihk7D4mL3jAhX8B50JHcwzDdgQFjAPegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw0wxmKz6_3FVIXLbIeBNCQJ&cf=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AMDCHADS RYZEN THE FUCK UP

SNSSCHADS DAB ON CANCER

Attached: 1557777817243.jpg (892x910, 64K)

Attached: 5343535455522.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Wait for Q2 earnings to be shit and the price to tank and then go all in for them Q3 earnings with Zen 2 on it.

I buy AMD. Hold it. Buy more AMD. Hold it. Then buy more AMD.

Attached: 1557961379576.png (718x624, 210K)

SHORT AMD

LONG INTC

(((They))) always win.

(((They))) are inevitable

Eternally BTFO Intcels

Attached: 1560208782325.jpg (691x771, 112K)

Based and Lit

LCI to $60

AMD chart very soon you have been warned

Attached: 1516990836705.jpg (649x604, 28K)

for me

VTSAX

Hey /smg/ I'll be on a work trip for the whole of next week and won't be able to touch my stonks. What should I hold for next week?

(already bought MSFT cheapies today)

Perfect time to buy even more AMD before $50 then $100.

If you can't make any moves you might want to cash out. Market isn't in a comfy spot.

why does MSFT have so much volume? all the other stocks don't have nearly as much

Threadly reminder that the Holocost was a farce.

I’m holding desu. Intel literally has no plays till late 2020, AMD just blew intel out of the sub-$500 strict gaming market for CPUs, secured next gen consoles, and might have a less shitty GPU when the non blowers come out. I’m thinking long to low $38-high $45 is likely

Also new server CPU's that will dab on the market and a partnership with Samsung.

Attached: 1561243079118.jpg (464x454, 47K)

AMD is going back to $2

earnings

Haha yeah man

Attached: 5F3FEFB0-7A96-4643-9FC7-CB2009A524A6.jpg (750x950, 54K)

Nice job turning the 1 thread on Jow Forums that's not featuring faggots obsessing over shitcoins and their 0.01 changes - into exactly that.

can i open a TD Ameritrade brokerage account if i'm from europe?

LPTX after hours

Attached: surprise.png (464x406, 359K)

love AMD but sector risk is too much. When the SOXX shits itself, everything goes down.

Attached: 1233806669731.jpg (240x240, 51K)

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends are your fren.jpg (423x245, 21K)

I don't care about the changes. I buy. I hold. Repeat.

Attached: 1562085387534.png (2518x1024, 218K)

Eventhough I'm an AMDchad I kinda agree, but you gotta realise that this is no different than the TQQQ or LCI shills, except AMD is actually solid.

based and divpilled

Attached: M66j9Ia.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

Will the Dow be down 1000 tomorrow y/n?

Oh nonono I sold so much at 2.08 and didn’t continue buying all the way down!

Oh well, hope we got good news on the way.

data coming soon
interested in seeing the results

???

Attached: animu_expert.png (580x580, 326K)

NFLX massive earnings miss they could be down 30%

AMRN just did an offering
Buying opportunity if you're interested in the stock

>Wait for Q2 earnings to be shit

Unlikely, most earning reports of AMD lately were at least on par or above expectations. Q2 is going to be weak, but it still might outperform expectations. But it wouldn't be the first time a company does well, yet the stock price crashes. Could be the same here, as AMD is currently overvalued.

I'll stay in cash for now and wait for a better opportunity to buy back in.

I feel like it’s ok to cheer on a stock you like. It’s ok to bring a little enthusiasm and feeling into these threads
I personally don’t care about that stock and I mostly ignore it.
But the groups of people who do the most damage to these threads are the people who complain about what other people are posting, or that the threads used to be better, etc. If you want a completely boring sanitized stock market discussion without any character, go somewhere else. If you are perturbed at some of our autistic posters, you’ll never fix them and get your way by complaining about it. It comes with the territory

Shorting AMD and buying INTC is what the smart money is doing right now

Sure, except I open the only stock market thread, and see "AMD" repeated 10 times across different posts. LCI/TQQQ shills are maybe 2-3 posts max in a thread, and sporadically at that.

True, but I wouldn't mind waiting it out. I know we will pop back up eventually. (But I would obviously not use leverage nor trade options for this week.)

Sure, it's just I usually come to SMG because it's pretty much the only actual discussion taking place on Jow Forums. Now it's exactly the same as the shitcoins. But I get your point.

> this
> smart money

Not only do you have the growing risk of semiconductors shitting themselves as said, but Intel is also going to get raped on ALL fronts, especially in the lucrative server sector which is their bread & butter. They'll survive because they're too big to fail and have loads of money, but buying INTC right now is pissing away money.

It's only going to be a good idea once they're releasing a product worth shit that isn't a rehash of their 14+++nm chips.

Should have bought AMD at $2 friend you wouldn't be so upset.

Attached: 1359093391059.jpg (386x420, 22K)

Hey what do you want to discuss?
There is a lot of things going on in the market and the world right now.

I hope you aren’t just a lurker who is going to stop by, get some juicy stock picks and hot intel, read some hilarious witty discussion from the /smg/chads, and be on your way without contributing?
(you lurkers reading this are on notice, you know who you are, I know who you are, and you know that I know that you know who you are)

AMD is just the hot meme stock of the month, it happens all the time when they miss badly and gap down 30% one day you'll never hear about it again

But the market always has a hot meme stock that the casuals talk about, typically its one at the very top before it crashes

>they're too big to fail
they also have the laptop market 100% until Apple gets their own processors. If AMD could make real progress here that'd be great, but IceLake or whatever is coming to laptops late this year iirc.

Still, man. Guys who predicted the last jump still see another 50% potential. We're literally about to pass resistance to what was supposed to be a fluke hype pump, right?

Attached: hmm.jpg (638x525, 59K)

Mostly the future prospects of VSTM and NVAX, as I've got 10k at 2.20 and 7k on them. But in terms trying to get juicy stocks, yeah - I have been trying to find a good penny stock to get me out of the -4k hole I'm in from NVAX.

YUO ARE MY FREN DIVVYFREN
I LOV YUO

I'm here for selfish and parochial reasons too, I guess.

Now someone’s gotta explain how these solar companies routinely way below EPS and deep in debt are coming green. I’d almost buy if I knew there wasnt some niggadry at work

> they also have the laptop market 100%

Correct. I don't expect too much from AMD until Zen 2 comes to laptops (aka Ryzen 4000 mobile, since laptops are one process generation behind) and Apple already ditched Intel in favor of ARM processors.

But as I said, the server market dwarfs everything else in terms of revenue and profit. That's absolutely crucial to understand - and it's going to be an slaughter once AMD's Rome releases in August. Everything else is just a sideshow.

wccftech.com/amd-epyc-rome-server-cpu-7nm-zen-2-price-specs-leak-64-cores-under-10k/
golem.de/news/xeon-platinum-8284-intels-240-watt-cpu-kostet-15-000-us-dollar-1907-142603.html (couldn't find a English for that)

Intel CPUs are way more expensive, have less cores, less overall horsepower and draw more energy. All traits that are less than desirable for customers, and that doesn't even take Intel's numerous security holes into account. While the patches might not affect the normal user too much, losing 20-25% server performance is NOT funny.

Yeah I dumped all my NVAX on a little pump. It looks like they split since then.
My dirty shameful loss is some $4 GALT calls expiring Friday that I bought before the RO. Felt good at the time, unless there is a buyout news in the next two days it will be my biggest single-position loss in my RH account so far.
I’m not looking to double down on that loss, I’m still up overall. I need to do a better job of bet sizing for some positions, more careful entry.

Which is surprising, actually I have more to complain about from my buys than my sells this year, where for most people, the sells are a lot more difficult than the buys. For me, my sells have been finesse, some of my buys have been ultra-retard

damn dude what the hell happened with the NVAX stock? Has to be a biotech

Daytraded SPY puts and made about 40%, but if I held them literally 10 seconds longer could have almost doubled it from there. It's a greedy kind of feel.

Better than a broke feel, friend. I’d always take a safe 20% over a risky 40%

6% increased volume and no signs of stopping does good for shares. Solar installations are expected to increase by 25% over 2018. NEE has plans for 10,000 MW by 2030. Bunch of states are pushing for increased solar.

Overall sentiment is very high but people are betting that the volume translates to profits. So we'll see.

>NOT BUYING GREEK STOCKS

a lot of failed trials, dilution, and reverse splits

Basically the vaccines that they make didn’t do a good enough job giving people autism or curing RSV so they dumped.
They’ve dumped before from failed vaccines too. The company is basically a series of failures. But they are genuinely trying to make good vaccines, they just aren’t actually effective when the stage III ends and they have to show their results
They’ve been through over a billion dollars of investor money in the last decade or so, constant dilution and failed trials

Yup, it was a bit wreck less on my part desu, and almost got shaken out intraday but held tight until equities closed.

always the risk with those, they can 10x though if they hit their trials

The problem was subscriber growth, not earnings.

The thing with the subscription economy is that people are too lazy to cancel, and don't really feel pressured to chose between netflix, amazon, audible, spotify, crunchyroll, Planet Fitness, whatever.

Netflix could reduce spending and raise subscription fees if they were concerned about earnings.

I believe these subscription fees are relatively inelastic, as most people won't cancel their subscriptions in response to price increases.

I would not be surprised to see a full recovery in Netflix, even though Disney is my streaming play.

But because Netflix is heavily linked to amazon, and the post-primeday selloff will likely intensify tomorrow, there may be some cheapies in AMZN and NFLIX tomorrow.

>VSTM
been a while since I heard about that one. I mostly realized my losses, but I'm sitting on a "suicide stack" if it ever moons.

Does it still have the frog magic?

>AMD meme stock of the month

Oh my sweet summer child, AMD had been the meme stock of the last 7 years

don't ever tell me or my wifes son what the meme stock is

Uhhh i just did my sweet summer child :]

>The company also said in its letter to shareholders that the missed forecast was most pronounced in regions that saw price increases.

I’m not a Netflix or anything subscriber, but from convos with normies it seems like the price increase and losing office and friends are serious. People are cancelling, especially if they are signing up for other services. Now not too many people cancelled yet (“only” 100K down). But we will see how they do when people start getting the other services

Yes... YES...
I wish I had more Disney, maybe we'll get a pullback if they ever have a catastrophic ride malfunction.

From how /tv/ loves their starlets, and their posting about that creepy dan guy, I'd expect them to have been metoo'd by now.

Disney is coming out with a streaming service in November at 6.99 a month. There gonna pull their stuff off Netflix. And corner the kids market.

>Solar installations are expected to increase by 25% over 2018

I used to work for SolarCity around the Tesla buyout. These kinds of numbers sound like internal hype leaking unless you know someone outside these companies saying this.

You can beat your monthly quota by 200% and they will tell you you should go for 300% the next month. The expectation of sales always increases even when it's fucking winter, one of the worst times to be selling solar because people go "no sun no power hurr hurr"

Every encounter I had with higher management was false claims of great sales progress, and then failing miserably every quarter and watching mgmt flounder and behave like absolute kool-aid drinking snake-oil salesman vying for position by cramming ineffective 20 page scripts on salesman who could sell the shit better if they adlibbed the whole pitch.

Maybe Solar is still doing well outside their own bullshit, but boy I ain't longing this shit.

huge if true

Futures look pissed off.

>One day I'm going to expect you to explain your life in better detail. Do you trade options to survive? Do you do it for fun? Are you actually a big name hedge fund manager who uses pocket change to shit post on RH? Are you a respected pastor at some church in a nice small town? These are questions that you'll need to answer one day, but until that day comes you're a never ending source of entertainment.

Good luck with that bro, I don't even know me.

Someone tell me why I shouldnt buy CBL. It pays 35% dividends

They are just google it. Been in the works since 2017

Thats how i feel and put a substantial percent in solver and mostly in low volatility etfs. Waiting for the crash to buy the cheapies

Anyone who tells you NOT to buy a stock with a 30% yield is just trying to FUD you so they can buy it themself
Don’t listen to caution. Cross the rubicon. Become the ruling class

Attached: F14F78C2-5D0D-4267-8266-5330C76316EB.png (500x488, 16K)

When a stock is offering +4% div the company is in trouble and looking for investors. But hey if you go long with them you might make back your money.

When was the last time some one went to a shopping mall? Amazon killed the stores, so nobody wants to rent space in the shopping malls unless you're going to just cater to shit you can't get from Amazon. Like restaurants or happy ending massage parlors. That's still leaves a lot of vacant real estate, and all you're going to be doing is paying taxes, insurance, heating/cooling and collecting no rent.

Dude that dividend is not safe I don't even need to look at the financials

Normie friend is literally bingewatching friends before they lose it & then cancelling Netflix subscription.

Jennifer Aniston was smoking hot back in the 90s like god damn!

Don't. One of the worst things you can do is invest individuals stocks you don't believe in in some way shape or form.

fucking true. now she's fucking ugly.

Her and the dark haired one are nipping in every episode I sat in on

Women over 25 are gross

90% of shopping is still done in-stores. The company is also massively reinventing itself as a more general town-center which are becoming more popular.

not really but jennifer aged like fucking shit.

Only thing that makes the show worth watching.

Not as bad courtney cocks

But.. they do realize tpb exists, right?

Awww fiddlesticks. Futures are mad. I may have covered my short too early.

Attached: 4704621ca404ca9930.jpg (850x1190, 157K)

yep. forgot her name.

What's with these pink No Men for Trump shirts?

Attached: 20190717_203914.jpg (4032x3024, 1.64M)

>covering when we haven't even tested major trend-lines

>doubled my money in 2 days on an ITM put weekly with a strike well above ATH and only 30 cents worth of time value
go bears! Thank you for Recession Watch™ Raoul-sama!

Attached: 1496381572305.png (608x744, 297K)

Well yeah 95% of the time when we close at the low the selling isn't over yet and we're still in a 3 wave.

>covering when we haven't even tested major trend-lines

I did that because I'm not very comfortable going short straight off the top like this. I will be more confident about it if S&P rallies to a lower high bull trap kinda thing.

Attached: 1563398604715.jpg (920x617, 87K)

disney had avengers movies and series exclusives coming to their service too.

Btw, this could be the beginning of a new golden era for the big studios. Investing in Disney for the longhaul could be the buy.

The "Golden Age of Hollywood" saw the movie-making entertainment industry completely monopolize their business and be the 3rd largest industry in America from 1920 to 1945. Govt breakup of monopolies and the TV's release in the late 1940s ended the golden era. The criteria that made studios into fucking cash-cow city states was this;

>Ownership of the stars, often made famous by the studio who served as big draws on 7 year+ contracts only to be traded like athletes on occasion when it suited the studio.

>Monopoly ownership of the entire movie making process. From the very beginnings of gathering material for a script, to production with studio staff, directors and stars, all the way to distribution by only being able to see (for example) Fox movies in a Fox theater unless block-booked to a independent theater.

>Providing an entire evening of entertainment by have cartoons, news, a b-movie and the featured film engross audiences for hours in lavish theaters. Going to the movies was an event, not just a way to not have to talk to your family during when you visited during the holidays.

Fast forward to today.

Rather than "stars", we have major IPs like those under Disney (marvel, star wars), Fox (x-men, avatar), Sony (meaning Columbia Pictures franchises like jumanji, spiderman, MIB) drawing in huge audiences on name alone.

We return to monopoly ownership as studios contract or produce their own franchises in-house and distribute on their own paid streaming services.

Rather than an occasional evening event, we have these always-open streaming services providing hours of entertainment via subscription providing this on-demand version of the golden age services 24/7.

It's going to take a lot for the studios to fuck the potential.

Attached: download.jpg (183x275, 6K)

>futures
gg bobos

Attached: 1562798153.png (296x360, 155K)

it's our time

Attached: 156174851234234.png (773x823, 185K)

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/disney-plus-streaming-service-news/?amp&ved=2ahUKEwihk7D4mL3jAhX8B50JHcwzDdgQFjAPegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw0wxmKz6_3FVIXLbIeBNCQJ&cf=1

Just do your research on a compan. Look at who and how much of Disney owns. Come Christmas that little mouse will do to the streaming market like he did to the movie market

Drop his little red pants and skull fuck all his competitors.