Is it going to crash soon?

Is it going to crash soon?

Attached: jsprifdd1gmfy7e7nola.jpg (800x450, 66K)

looks pretty stable to me

Not since human population started outpacing the real estate market.

I'm in Vegas. Moved here for the cheap houses
Currently your avarage POS goes for 350K which is fucking outrageous.
I am seeing prices edging down which is strange for this time of year.
I don't think we've hit the peak yet. We'll see next spring. But it's def coming.

God I hope so.
I'm stuck in LA and before I leave I'd like to buy a property before that happens.

No, give it 2 more years

How long you been in vegas fren? I've been thinking of relocating to summerlin but the outrageous availability of cheap ass RE makes me feel things might be getting even cheaper soon...

I live in Summerlin and it's pretty good
was perfect from 2008 to about 2015. getting a lot of blacks and chinks now, so quality of life is dropping. I'm seeing traffic first time ever in this area.
as now vegas home prices are pretty much typical (compared to nationwide) I'm thinking of moving elsewhere. Don't know where yet.
regarding vegas home prices, they're def overbuilt and I def see homes that are listed for way more than they should. despite all that price decreases have been real but fairly small. That makes me think there's still a bit to go up before the next collapse. Check again in two years.

It's very possible it won't. Too many companies investing to rent these places out as boomers die. I kept telling myself once the boomers die, prices are gonna tank, but I'm really starting to believe that isn't gonna happen.

Attached: crunch.jpg (1066x1062, 94K)

>he doesn't understand ETERNAL boomer really means ETERNAL and we weren't being edgy

They will outlive the heat death of the universe, Cap this.

I'm in LA. housing here is a complete meme. Anything below 600k is a shithole.

Been waiting for a crash for 4 years now...sigh.

The thing to watch for right before the crash will be incentivized lending. For example, right before the last crash, in the months leading up to it lenders were offering 0 down and cash back financing on fucking home loans. This is the key indicator that we are ready for the collapse.

Iktf bro. I live in Boulder, CO. All of your worst moved here and housing prices have fucking exploded almost as bad. I'm never getting my state back.

Attached: 644623069.jpg (1280x960, 144K)

Immigration stupid. They'll prop up demand with third worlders who will indenture themselves for life.

Can't crash a house, they don't drive stupid

Sure, but interest rates have to return to normal levels first.

As long as you got retards buying SFH for 4-6% cap rate + 2% inflation (6-8% return for borrowing at 4%), house prices will be extremely high.

Although, the real driving force behind real estate prices is supply and demand. Builders have lobbied to keep their developments profitable by making it much more difficult to build. It takes 7-10+ years in major metro areas to become a builder and you have to work for shit wages on a construction site to be able to do so.

Not only that, but Mexicans are flooding the cities which gives another advantage to large builders because they have labor that get get through employment agencies & subcontractors for really cheap.

So basically it's come down to having to pay up the ass in builder/architect fees so they can stand around while these builders make a 100K+/year standing around staring at their phone while illegal Mexicans do the actual work.

Unfortunately, you can not get any project approved unless you pay for licensed builders, architects, plumbers, electricians, who have gotten inflated, which isn't exactly profitable unless you are building $1M+ custom homes, so the only small houses you can buy are in subdivisions built by builders who are basically full time politicians with $50M-100M+ to bankroll these large projects.

Then you have the luxury of paying $600K for a 3 bed 2 bath townhouse built by Mexicans and cheap materials, so the builder can make 35% gross margins, and laugh all the way to the bank.

I was looking at Boulder prices yesterday and DAMN. When I was there even 5 years ago, a lot of the shit shacks there were selling for 3X less than now. Insane.

The only semi-affordable place left in the area is Broomfield, but I'm sure the commute can be hell during rush hour.

Very soon. Buy gold

Poor people really should stop trying to live in the heart of LA and other major cities. If you don't make a lot of money, just move. Why would you want to stay in a studio apartment for your whole life while you wagecuck at some office for $15/hr?

Friendly reminder, it has crashed once in the last hundred years

>past events are a guarantee of future performance

Attached: 1561864340898.jpg (500x323, 33K)

Preaching to the choir here. I have to move because one of my roommates went psycho, so I'm moving into a 2BR with a friend and hot damn I didn't realize how lucky I was. I was paying 705/mo as my share and utils, and the cheapest 2br I could find is basically jacking up my rent by 200 bucks in the same area. No garage, no laundry in apartment, only one window unit in the living room for Ac. Granted, free Internet and the apartment itself is bigger, but man that shit still sucks I don't know how anyone affords to live here.

Gunbarrel is pretty cheap but it's a shitty area and the commute itself just isn't worth it since I can't bike, and my vehicle isn't really great to commute 6 or 7 miles. So I don't think the cost would work out even though rent wouldn't change for me. Like "congrats im saving maybe 50 bucks after accounting for other costs and lose more time" pretty much the story for everywhere around here. Remember talking to a cop and she was so fucking smug about "you don't have to live in Boulder" like bitch if I was saving more than fifty bucks a month I would

Attached: 1501435201565.jpg (841x764, 38K)

In clown world, they are

source?

Attached: U.S. Housing Price Index Since 1900.jpg (828x603, 25K)

Soon lads. The institutions have almost entirely removed themselves from the equation. Once they have fully transferred liability to the masses they will 'spark' the crisis. Currently, you should be in Bitcoin and Gold, the reset is going to take place and THAT is when you buy your main residence, or a nice quad-complex investment style property in a majorly low risk, low crime area. It will be painfully obvious when this event takes place. With all of the talk about purposefully devaluing the dollar, and rate cuts, we are very, very close. It will make 2008 look like a petting zoo. I feel bad for anybody buying right now, we are literally at the top.

Bro, hold one and build a stack for the inevitable crash. Right now it’s either McMansions or slums. Buy when 2009 happens again

T. Slumlord

No it will just go up forever like bitcoin

At this point, I'm just trying to save up enough to buy a house back north east.

underwriting/credit standards are the biggest thing to watch, as well as interest rates. the fed still has room to cut and foreign investors can borrow for very cheap. without some massive external trigger nothing will change. Although I guess if DB collapses maybe, I can't pretend to be smart enough to actually know what would happen in that case

Attached: hmmmmm.jpg (1460x665, 87K)

Why do burgers live in flat pack houses made of MDF? It's weird as fuck.

>Although I guess if DB collapses maybe, I can't pretend to be smart enough to actually know what would happen in that case
DB collapse is a meme. Approximately 0 people that matter are surprised by it.

Like everything else related to finance, nobody has a clue. If they did, they would put big bucks shorting the market and be filthy rich

Shit's going to kick off next year here in Aus.
Heaps of boomers maxed out on IO loans to flip investment properties, expecting to sell before the loan switched over to Principle+Interest.
Except house prices have been falling, and continue to fall.

Attached: sp-ag-2018-04-24-graph4.gif (597x521, 13K)