Other urls found in this thread:

staking.linkpool.io/dex
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

15000 link
1.4 LP

Do the ratio for me pleb

Explain lp to me pls

What do you mean by 1.4 lp

I'm staking on conebase. The returns are better.

Kys

Attached: 231156.jpg (330x458, 20K)

Ok thanks for your explanation

I doubt you are staking on Coneboss. You need 1M to get in.

LP has a much more acceptable entry level. You can stake regardless of how many LINK you have. And withdrawing them is relatively easy.

What is the entry level ? How many links to own 1lp?

>Coneboss. You need 1M to get in
Source? SInce when did coinbase say they will allow staking of link tokens?

double dubs, kill this man already, false prophet

What do you mean by dubs ?

You'd have to be a brainlet to hold lp

go back to (((reddit)))).
you are too new.
you will loose your lunch money if you intend to follow any advice on here (honest advice).

Yikes

1 LP costs about 3.8k Link right now. The price was always between 3-5k Link and anyone telling you that LP shares are too expensive is just ignoring that Chainlink itself suddenly got really expensive.
Both move very correlated in price, as LP shares pay dividends in Link tokens - currently bi-weekly passive income payout.

Everyone who is not going to run their own node should take a look at Linkpool as it is the largest and most trusted (founder is part of the Chainlink dev team) staking pool for Link.
staking.linkpool.io/dex

Since yesterday.

Search their custody policy

You should do a little more research into LP.

LP, amongst other B2B services, allows (1) consumers to stake their LINK. You do not need to own shares of LP to do this. You can stake your link, earn rewards, and pay a small fee for using LP architecture. The benefit here is you get the full trust level and exposure of the LP node.

(2) LP gives you resources to build your own node and host it on LP architecture. Again, you pay a small fee, but not as large as (1).

(3) LP allows you to receive dividends if you a shareholder. These are the "LP shares" you always read about. There are limited shares. The smallest amount you can own is .04 of a share. If you own shares (any amount), you receive dividends which are financed by the fees of people from (1) and (2), and also financed by the rewards of everyone's pooled LINK. So when traffic comes in to LP and LP node is rewarded (for example) 40000 LINK that day, then the 40,000 LINK is distributed to everyone to owns shares, proportionally.

I've done a little math and owning LP shares seems very profitable. Based on the few tests that LP has done, if traffic is at least 5-10x the test itself, then an investor will make 30% ROI annually. That's assuming a $4 LINK price as well. So, very conservative estimate.

Thank you very much

This post makes a good suggestion for those looking to utilize their LINK. If you are not running your own node, LP is offering very attractive services.

I noticed one linkpool share is close to 10 grand...is it worth it or should I just accumulate more link tokens?

If you're going to run your own node, you won't need LP.
But doing that is really hard, way more difficult than your normal masternode. You need to run a full ETH node, the Chainlink node and you also need to choose which API data you're offering to the market.

The cool thing about Linkpool is that everyone who holds at least the minimum of 0.04 shares will be able to use the staking platform before people without shares can do that.
Once everyone can run Chainlink nodes we will see a rush to the staking platforms and LP shares will absolutely explode.

Hmm...right now I have 85k linkies already...my plan is to DCA linkies until September, then after that just try to accumulate as much LP shares as possible...would this be a feasible plan? Also linkpool staking services won't be available for at least a year right?

you're gonna be rich as fuck

Linkpool staking will start as soon as Chainlink is open for everyone to run a node. They're still quite centralized and choose who gets to run one. Linkpool is one of the 8 main net nodes and their profit is paid to LP holders, even though no one can stake their Link right now.
Hard to tell how long it will take, but I think it will be less than a year, maybe 6 months or so?

I feel that the LP share prices are way more priced out than LINK itself. Once LINK traffic begins flowing, the holders of the LP shares will realize they can jack the prices higher and they will do so. I would recommend buying the LP shares now. Chances are, LINK will still be within 50% of it's current price, whereas LP shares have a chance to become much more expensive.

Checked. Unless of course coinbase offers staking for non-institutional hodlers as well.

100:0

Nice, in 6 months I should be able to attain at least 1 LP share

You mean that at the time of the ICO, 1 LP was worth about 3-5k LINKs? I only got 20.6k LINKs and I feel like if there are even going to be enough jobs for LinkPool to fill up, then competitors will have similar services and by that time LINKs price will be quite high as well.

I just feel like as a linklet that I'd rather hold LINK then start getting into LP now. The risk/reward isn't worth it imo. LINK can always have more potential speculation gainz as well. Also with 1 LP you can only stake like 5k LINKs or something if I remember correctly.

100% link , 0 LP

Not at ICO, but once the DEX started and people traded the shares the price was between 3-5k Link.
ICO price was lower because back then people didn't have much trust in Jonny to not just run off with the raised ETH. That is no concern anymore.

Where do you store linkpool shares? MEW?

This is correct. I like to try think about what LP SHOULD be worth in terms of LINK.

The way I try to calculate this is first going with the assumption that LP gets 10% of the LINK network, which is there stated goal and I don't have any doubts that they'll achieve this-- which is 100 million LINK tokens. Johny owns 75% of this, which leaves us with 25million tokens. Since there are 1000 shares of LP floating around out there, we get 25mil/1k shares, which would put 1LP at 25k LINK in terms of supply.

Please correct any mistakes i made.

>Linkpool
more like
waza waza waza waza waza waza
LINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKCONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNECT

>he doesn't know
Johnny is a part of the core Chainlink team

I'm 90 LINK/10 CBSC (Coinbase Staking Coin). I invested in CBSC because I figure they'll add LINK staking eventually, but making $ on Tezos and whatever else isn't so bad anyway.

yes. and?

They were 4k last month. Do the msth

Lurk for 6 months

How does buying 1LP weight up against buying 4k LINKs and stake with LP? Assuming that LP nodes yield 5% per year (doesn't matter if it's accurate, we're just comparing):

For every 10million LINKs under LP's custody, each share gets ~31.25 LINK. With 4k LINKs staking under LP, you get ~150 LINK back after a 25% profit cut as fees.

Therefore LP will be an equivalent investment to LINK if there will be around 50million LINK staked under LP.

We have yet to include other and future services LP will provide. Their recent tweet about offering 3rd party nodes to register themselves as a pool on LP staking app is akin to Airbnb's model. Much like how money flows into altcoins once BTC reaches a level of saturation, we will be speculating on chainlink nodes once LINK matures

Attached: pink mountain.jpg (1366x768, 146K)

The ROI of your LINK stack could go anywhere from zero to 2-digits in percentage, depending on which node you staked on. The most reputable nodes will get the largest contracts BUT that doesn't mean they'd be worth staking on due to profits being wash out from the node's popularity (the relationship between profit and amount of LINK staked within a node would most likely appear as a negative parabola).

With LP you have ownership of the nodes itself and hence undisturbed by such mechanism. You benefit from the large amounts of LINK staked but will not be affected by profits wash out as your cut is given BEFORE being distributed to the clients.

Attached: 1560829377168.png (700x700, 1.4M)

What I want explained is what the mile marker is for LINK.
Once BTC starts jumping to 20k+ and jumps 10k per month, we'll ideally want to move our funds over there, right? So how much LINK is the baseline to make use of your investment while you switch over your port to mostly BTC to ride that wave?
Is it 1k LINK to get a LP share? Or do I need to, say, have 10k staked to "make it" off of my LINK? Surely there's an aim for people that are around the sub 100k port range.

72% LINK
28% LP
I decided I would prefer mindlessly easy passive income over stressing about some kind of exit.

Serious question, why would you not just set up your own node? Is it really that difficult?

Attached: schnuffel_haschenparty_screencap1m15s.png (888x667, 937K)

The short answer is yes

It's more involved than you probably think to setup and maintain a node, and that's before you even start trying to identify and obtain access to APIs that you believe will be valuable to smart contract requestors.

>you need 1 mill to get in

Oh no I need 1000 link to get in, and I only have 27 times that amount

Damn. Feel a little cucked that I'll have to stake with someone elses node but I guess my teeny 20k stack wasn't gonna be that useful anyway.

If you've ever set up an ETH node, that's the first step.
If you've never set up an ETH node, start doing it right fucking now so you're not fumbling with it once you actually can do something with LINK.

I'm in the same boat as you, as I know I don't have the skills or knowledge to run my own node. However, I will be doing a lot of due diligence on the various staking options once they are available to determine whether I want to risk my LINK in return for passive income, or if I just want to hold my LINK stack and just take the capital gain

>or if I just want to hold
If you have a reasonably large stack, why would you do this? Presumably, when you're staking in a pool like LP or CoinBase they'll reimburse you for any tokens lost because of their node providing bad information.

what's a reasonably large stack look like?
are we talking 1k+ range?

I think there will be a combination of options. Some staking pools may cover losses, but they're likely to charge higher fees. Others won't cover losses (so capital is at risk) but have lower fees, and will operate similar to managed funds etc

Poorfag here

Should i buy 0.04Lp shares, aiming the long run, say 5-7y, or buy more link?

Do any other burgers hold LP? I'm kind-of betting that the ChainLink network will become essential to the world GDP faster than the SEC can get involved
Approximately how many linkies do you have now?

Attached: 1563398693835.png (690x391, 354K)

I did some math a few days ago on top of some numbers that one user posted

And with link at 3 digits, even 0.04 would net you good income, i'm just not yet sure of what everyone feels about the roi that we'll see with staking

Yeah you should get some LP if you want the passive income / staking ASAP

Yeah, the dApp tracks how much it paid to your address. After the first couple of distritbutions i'm already at ~$50 and the Chainlink network is still in its infancy.
I wonder how these numbers look like in a few years when there are thousands of LP holders and hundreds of LP nodes providing data to millions of smart contracts.

Attached: Passive income LP.png (1211x263, 13K)

How do i buy LP?

Reminder & Friendly Warning: If you are American, participating in LP is against the law and punishable by a fine and prison time.

Attached: 1558318808228.jpg (900x1059, 97K)

You need Metamask and connect your ETH wallet to it (you can connect your hardware wallet to Metamask).
Then go to: staking.linkpool.io/dex

Then simply buy into a sell order or open a buy order. Once you own LP shares you automatically get rewards every 14 days to your ETH address you hold the shares in.

Once Link staking is live you can use your LP shares to stake an amount of Link and get even more rewards. Currently LP is running one node and those rewards get distributed bi-weekly.

By the way, the number of LP holders is growing exponentially. See picture.
Come on guys, hurry up a bit and be in the first 400 people to be part of the largest and most trusted Link staking pool.

Attached: LP holders.png (1234x375, 15K)

pretty spooky FUD, but these are just silly internet tokens user

Attached: 1562962197398.jpg (700x1024, 188K)

I actually wasn't kidding. LP isn't even supposed to let you sign up if you have an American IP address. LP is considered a security because of it's profit generation and sharing.

>$100,000 worth of LP
>$50 return
wtg

Mainnet went live like a month ago user

Google "LinkPool F.A.Q"

Sure. I personally use MetaMask though.

10:1
50k LINK:5LP

burgers can do LP. they do not require KYC.

i would buy shares of LP as you can, especially since ETH is in the shitter. it will not net you anything right now--but it will when traffic starts flowing. and if you wait until then, you'll be priced out.

i dont know enough about the use of LINK token itself to say how high it could go. are institutions buying LINK right now for their use in data transfers through nodes? I dont know how it works there. im just in it for some reliable gains, which I get with LP.

Would anons be interested if there was an LP-type service that was specifically marketed (initially) to the biz community? as an LP shareholder it seems like most of biz is too late to make real gains. however, i'm setting up a link node myself and might be open to hosting a client-only pool service... could set up a site, application, client login, and we could set up award distribution proportional to the initial shareholder buy-in. buy-in would be very low to accommodate the bizzers... half, maybe lower, of LP (since I'm not looking to make a huge profit, rather just help everyone out and be a community). reply to this so i can gauge interest or your mother dies in her sleep tonight

Depends, might be interested. But why not just wait six months for LP to open to everyone

because LP shares are finite and people are paying 50x to get in now than entry price

Or the people that have too much LP shares could set up a smart contract and get other people in on it, while taking a cut

Only ~350 unique lp owners, this is going to be massive. You guys think 50 eth for one share is outrageous? Just wait.

uhhh linkpool was shilled to biz all last summer...were you not here?

Also, how are you going to get data into your node that you're hosting "fpr the good of biz"? What data sources do you have contracts with already to feed data into your nodes? What's the monthly fee on those contracts?

>uhhh linkpool was shilled to biz all last summer...were you not here?
>Also, how are you going to get data into your node that you're hosting "for the good of biz"? What data sources do you have contracts with already to feed data into your nodes? What's the monthly fee on those contracts?

What's the ratio of 1 LP to running your own node on mainnet
Assuming you have some valuable data to serve

I don’t think people really understand what chainlink is actually doing, no offense. They are building a marketplace where entities like Google can sell data (for profit), and people who want to consume that data and use it in a transactional way can create smart contracts (paying Link), and node operators in the chainlink network can fulfill these buyers and sellers contracts in the market by providing (decentralized trust). That’s the high level explanation, but people saying “I’m just gonna run a node myself” don’t realize they have to have data providers and smart contract creators that can connect to their node first, and want to use their node second...

Linkpool has done (1) and (2) for you and is building reputation right now in the network where the Googles and the Oracle startups will pick their nodes first. LP is the biggest no brainer for anyone wanting to participate in staking in the chainlink network

let's say I have a (one) data provider
why should I care about linkpool

You are a fool.
I only have 14k link but still made sure I got Lp, I have 0.8lp

Linkpool is actually quite professional. I'm not sure how quality some biz node will be. Sergey talked about interviewing operators about security, infrastructure and fallback plans. You'd have to be transparent too.

How much do you pay that data provider to allow you to access their API? How frequently can you access their API for their data? Data providers already charge people to access their APIs for their data. Why would that change in this network?

You have to start thinking about data like oil. Is a data provider / oil rig going to let you access their data / oil for free?

Oh look more linkpool shills. These fags actually work for linkpool btw theyve been busted a dozen times talking about linkpool in possessive.

It's a free API. But I'm worried I might run up against throttling fairly quickly. In that case I'll just have to spin up more link nodes. I guess I'll have to find out how much traffic I'm getting.

Don't work for linkpool, you're just a brainlet that has nothing intellectual to provide to the conversation so you spread fud. I don't give a shit if you use linkpool or not. I honestly don't give a shit if anyone reading this uses linkpool or not. I know what I'm going to do and you tough guys can run your own nodes and see how that works out for you

I don't work for linkpool and I don't care if you use linkpool or not. I honestly don't care if anyone reading this uses linkpool. I just know what I'm going to do and good luck running your own nodes tough guy

You might be able to run your own node if your data provider is free then, but how do you know any contract creators will want the data you're sourcing? If you've heard Sergey the last couple of months he's been talking about derivatives and insurance being first markets on the network.

I could also use a paid api for $30 a month...
Seems like a waste at this point though. If I start running into issues I'll probably just a write an external adapter for that and use that instead. $30 a month gets you like 2000 requests per min. I should probably get started on that now actually just as a back up plan.

I see you're trying to guess at what kind of data I'm providing ;). I'll just say it's directly related to your post.

Yea, that would work and you sound pretty competent in setting up nodes so you're probably the exception to the rule in setting up an individual node. All I'm saying is most people can probably figure out technically how to set up a node by following the Chainlink team's tutorials but thats honestly the easiest part of running your own node. There was an user back in Q1 of this year that was stressing about sourcing data providers for nodes because nodes are useless without data providers. I'm routing for you to run your own nodes and hope you can build a node network within the chainlink network. I just know that's too much work for me to do so I'm going to give up the 25% cut to LP and let them handle it for me

And I'm not shilling LP. If Coinbase came out tomorrow and said they support staking for 15% fee I'll jump to CB in a heartbeat.

Because you would have lost your job, right.

Damn. That's similar to my ratio. Though, I must admit, I wish I bought more LINK instead of LP since it's looking like now coinbase and binance and whoever else are going to offer LINK staking. Could have had a nice 25k stack but I fell for the Johnny shilling. Ah well.

You got me! Go back to the hole you crawled out of troll