Tether Seized

ITT we determine what happens when(not IF) tether gets seized by the 3 letter agencies.

When: ______
BTC Price Prediction 48 hrs after tether is seized(USD price on non tether exchanges): _____

Attached: CoQRl7DXYAshlP-.jpg (1158x867, 437K)

BTC Price jumps 4x

Nov 2019
$500

Prediction: ppl start using usdc.

When: Sometime around July 29th, perhaps a couple months later when the HQ is raided or the entire company dissolves as the executives flee
>BTC price prediction
Immediate drop of $1000-2000. Then, sideways movement for a week, then drop, then drop again, repeat. $1000-2000 final price

god i cant wait for that pic to be real

Near to no affect on price.

COPE

When: end of October
Prediction: November has the Bear's wet dream. BTC hits rock bottom at 98 dollars.

there are dozen of tether competitors now. grow up

Attached: 1BF257DA-4913-4872-A363-CA22D3BD4D24.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

Just imagine when this happens and BSV is hsown to be the real coin

BTC to 6k then rebound
RSR to 10c EOY, $1.00 in 2020

Attached: rsreaper.jpg (1188x668, 78K)

Tether is printing at a rate of 10 million per week to keep bitcoin's price inflated. Tether makes up 95% of all stable coin volume.

Grow up nigger faggot

>Tether is printing at a rate of 10 million per week to keep bitcoin's price
PPl are depositing that money for tether to be printed.
Answer a very simple question: Why would exchange accept tether deposits if there were evidence it was unbacked? Exchange A would of course distrust Exchange B, thus they would only accept tether deposits if they were sure it was backed.

Why? What's so bad about tether? Its much safe than moving your bitcoin into some shit altcoin while waiting to buy back into bitcoin.

How else are we suppose to buy the dip?

>PPl are depositing that money for tether to be printed.

NO AUDIT, NO PROOF.

>PPl are depositing that money for tether to be printed.
cope

Nigger if they can't shut down the 3 largest DNMs online right now what the fuck makes you think they're going to raid a bunch of zoomers who are conning people into buying web based neetbux?

whether tether exiting will actually long term impact bitcoin is not actually relevant, no one knows

but tether has garnered such a terrible reputation from 2018-present that if it actually was shut down the short term drop will be massive. minimum 30-40% drop in the first week
slow bleeding and eventual collapse to make new lows sub $3k
but in the years that follow, BTC could break the $20k ATH anyway, a tether collapse would delay it massively though, at least 2 years

people that say how else are we 'SUPPOSE TO'

are simply not to be tolerated or heard from.

Attached: 1562938635194.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

DNMs?

Attached: 1528258656389.png (578x566, 12K)

>cope
what a gay response to debate. need proof of skin for you. show it

Op here

I really think that the SEC, US treasury, CFTC won't allow normie investors to buy into btc until tether is either killed or proved to be solvent. The risks are too high otherwise. Imagine if the etf is launched and btc gets to 50k and tether goes bankrupt and btc crashes to 1k. These things can happen. None of those agencies mentioned would let that happen, hence, tether won't be operating soon. Prepare for 50-70% down move sometime Q3

Cope. tether is fucked and you will go broke.

>I really think that the SEC, US treasury, CFTC won't allow normie investors to buy into btc until tether is either killed
Completely reasonable thought. But again a multitude of replacements exist. Coinbase USDC for example...therefore the market will simply switch to a new stablecoin.

>Cope
Quit avoiding the issue. post a pic of your skin.

quick and hard down for a day then 20x up parabolical over 2 months

It’ll go down like $2000 in a sort of denial dump. People are so used to dismissing “tether fud” that I’ll take a while for it to sink in. That’s when the massacre comes.

Trust. Don't verify.

im sorry sir....
i cannto the skin for you sir

The market will switch to a stablecoin. But that stable coin doesn't have $4 billion. I forgot the exact number now but i remember reading in 2017 that 1 tether doesn't only inflate the market by $1 it's order of magnitudes larger. If you remove tether they'll be a massive correction.

So this situation has happened before, so we don't need to wonder what will happen. The USD price of BTC will not move, at all. The pairs of BTC/USDT will rapidly pump well above the BTC/USD pairs as people panic buy BTC with their tether. If tether actually went to 0, everyone left holding it would lose, markets would continue trading alts against BTC, and exchanges would replace USDT pairs with other alts like USDC or TUSD, and that would be that.

>i remember reading in 2017
So where are all the exchanges that lost money from accepting unbacked tether?
How has this scam been going on for ~3 years and no exchange has said "we refuse tether deposits because they are unbacked and we are not getting usd redemption?"
Lets talk about facts and no 18 yo hysterics.

Do exchanges baghold tether?

I expect the tether guys to abandon it before an agency makes a move, especially with the recent Trump/Mnuchin comments. Some will say the US can't do anything about it - give me a break. The US can do whatever they want. The tether guys and everyone associate with them would be retarded to come this far just to et sacked and not disappear to live the rest of their life on a beach in luxury.

What if the financial data tether has shared with these exchanges is false? That they are backed 1:1 when in reality they aren't? You still haven't given me a rebuttal to them proping up the market.

>Why would exchange accept tether deposits if there were evidence it was unbacked?
Because those exchanges are associated you moron. How do the tether guys make money? Just by printing tether? No, they print tether so they can use it on exchanges themselves - with that being said, they need to have their own dirty/corrupt exchanges for their operation to work.

>What if the financial data tether has shared with these exchanges is false?
If an exchange gets a tether deposit...at some point its going to redeem it for real USD. At which point unbacked tether would be discovered.
Alternatively if you personally, as a BTC seller, sold on an exchange and then received tether...and you tried to cashout to USD it would be discovered that it was unbacked.
So if this scheme has been going on for ~3 years...where are these reports of non-redeemable tethers?

not really unless everyone does it at the same time.. this is economics 101 dude

>Because those exchanges are associated you moron.
So tether secretly controls Kraken, Poloniex, Bitrue, Gate.io, KuCoin, Huobi, Bittrex, OKEX, CoinEx, etc...etc..

As time goes on I realize you tether fudders really dont understand the first thing about the crypto market. You are making shit up as you go along.

>not really unless everyone does it at the same time.. this is economics 101 dude
TIL counterfeiting can happen on a scale of billions over a 3 yr timescale and yet no one reports evidence online of not being able to redeem. Amazing.

cause as long as everyone isnt rushing to redeem the scam can keep going indefinitely.. do you even know how the real world works?

If tether collapse you'll get a 4 billion dollar pump into Bitcoin as everyone holding tether exits into Bitcoin. This will set fomo like crazy and you'll get 100k per coin early. Honestly the thing with crypto is that the logical thing to happen never does, so maybe it would pump it

only on the USDT pair, others would pump to 18-20k at most

>cause as long as everyone isnt rushing to redeem the scam can keep going indefinitely.. do you even know how the real world works?
Do you know how many panic sells have happen in crypto over the last 3 years? Every week there is some wild 30% swing with hoards of people rushing for the exits. Unbacked / Nonredeemable tether would've been uncovered by now...please stop talking out your ass and find real cases of it.

You may be right. The way im thinking about it is as such:
The actual amount of reserves tether has is hazy. The face value of tether isn't their USD amount it's the amount of tether that equates to that USD value. So they could have only $1bill in reserves but actually have printed $4bill Tether. I think that's the shady part right? We're trusting them that the amount of $ = the amount of Tether they have. The amount of Tether they need to have equates to the supply of tether being redeemed on exchanges. That value could be higher than the amount they have in reserves, but that doesnt matter since they have 4x as much tether as they have in their reserves. So on face value they are "backed." This could be totally wrong! I really dont want that to happen.

are we talking about tether or USD itself?

you know that for someone to sell another person has to buy right?

That scenario is entirely possible. I personally dont "hold assets in tether" (like I'm sure most ppl). Its a temporary utility to facilitate either a trade or a redemption.
Is it possible that its less than 100% backed? Absolutely....but again now credible alternatives exist...so pressure would be on them from every angle to keep reserves as close to 100% as possible since a fuckup will just mean USDC takes their cake.

you know why its not being reported? because no one had trouble redeeming their tether for usd yet, and no one will as long as everyone doesnt do it at the same time which is the fucking point you're not getting cause you're a brainlet. "Hoards of people" doesnt cut it it must be everyone, and they'll buy btc before that happens

I think thats the thing. I don't think there's come a point in time where the amount of tether being redeemed is actually greater than say the $1bill they've had in reserves, but if it does it's fucked. This is why many people view tether as hyperinflating the value of BTC. So if you remove the 4 billion tethers that's AT THE MINIMUM $4billion removed from the market. I don't think they need to prove to anyone that the amount of tether they're printing is backed. No one's regulating that. We're trusting them.

both have similar modus operandi in essence

>people panic buy BTC with their tether

lol who is going to be buying all that worthless tether with bitcoin?

Nobody will be dumping their btc into tether. But all those asks on the exchanges will be there, and as tether separates from 1.00 and plummets in value people will want to get the fuck out of it as fast as they can, so they'll buy btc and alts on usdt pairs as fast as they can, which causes the crazy surge in price. This happened before when tether fell down to .70 during all the fud before, the only difference being it recovered.

they loaned tether to a ny trader, so basically they created some out of thin air

>I really think that the SEC, US treasury, CFTC won't allow normie investors to buy into btc until tether is either killed or proved to be solvent.

Then what have they been doing since 2009 retard? Holy fuck I hate this board

tether fud

its worth 2 billion max you brainlets its not 2016 anymore bitcoin has a 100 billion dollar market cap itd drop the price like 2%

so who deposited $5 (five..) FUCKING BILLION DOLLARS last week then ?
>then changed their mind
>"..PPl are depositing that money for tether to be printed.."
grow the fuck up. The exchanges play ball with this shit because the manipulation possibilities it provides benefits them all. The exchanges are the landlords of the World Trade Center. When it stays up ? They earn. When it crashes ? fuck, they insured. When Tether gets utterly BTFO ? its the tenants who'll suffer, the exchanges will have a prior appointment elsewhere

>"Hoards of people" doesnt cut it it must be everyone, and they'll buy btc before that happens
Tether will become a problem only when everyone is trying to cashout at same time....user...I

Read my replies above. The dollar value of tether isn't as it it seems though. It propagates throughout crypto to an extent that 1 tether isn't 1 dollar.