Bitcoin vs. Monero

You must choose only one of those to hold for the long term (five years from now), NOT based on current prices:

>1 BTC
>100 XMR

Which one you choose and why?

Attached: BTC_vs_XMR.png (900x525, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tari-project/tari/commits/development
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whale here.

Go in on Bitcoin. the amount of raw energy put behind the PoW algorithm over time vs monero is astounding, the xmr/btc ratio will continue to decline just like all GPU mined coins have over the last 7 years. Look at why ETH is getting BTFO, its only GPU mined and uses 6x less energy to secure the network.

In the words of satoshi himself:
If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to convince you, I'm sorry

Attached: image_2018-05-25_15-23-06.png (796x583, 282K)

I believe Monero is a better solution (both privacy and utility-wise) but gains-wise, bitcoin has always been the top performer, and the odds are, will remain such

I haven't been able to resist loading up on ETH and XMR during the last 2 months. The ratios are just too juicy like the asshole of Emma Stone.

Well, eventually I think XMR will lose the war against ASICs. There's their declining inflation too, which will soon be smaller than BTC one. On the other hands, there's the fear of regulation on privacy coins.

doesn't matter if they lose the war on asics cause theyll just accept asics and be like bitcoin. so there worst case scenario is they are as good as bitcoin. not too bad

BTC
Scales better

I don't think so. Scaling is a problem when you can't hard fork not even to increase block size.
There's no much space for XMR to scale too, by the way. The XMR team is gradually showing more interest in second layer solutions.

XMR, because i still believe it'll one day hit 0.1btc/coin. there's so much respect for this coin going back so long, plus the privacy feature is actually something people use, unlike 99% of all other coin features.

Cope. Tari is dead, go look at the repositories.

monero has a mechanism wich increases the block size if needed. So monero can handle more than 7 tx/sec.

Are you sure? Seems normal.
github.com/tari-project/tari/commits/development

BTC for high value transactions (buying a house, buying a car) and XMR for small transactions (buying a beer).

Btc to hold xmr to use.

just fudding random threads for fun fren. well done countering.

bitcoin

Monero, since it hides my balance, Bitcoin does not.

comparing HR from one protocol to another is apples vs oranges. Mining monero is much more difficult, but most importantly for ASICS, which are detrimental to the decentralization of the network. Once RandomX is implement in October honestly it will probably take at least a year or two before you start seeing new ASICS being produced for monero.

Hash rate alone is not a good indicator of network stability.

Attached: 1520321915888.gif (530x257, 3.14M)

I went all in on BTC because nobody has ever heard of monero. Also monero is fucking impossible to use.

>Once RandomX is implement in October honestly it will probably take at least a year or two before you start seeing new ASICS being produced for monero.
The entire concept behind RandomX is to break ASICs permanently. It's the most obtuse hashing algorithm ever created. It won't be economical to create an ASIC for RandomX for a long time.

>I went all in on BTC because nobody has ever heard of monero
Wouldn't this be a good point?

legal vs illegal in 2024

XMR

BTC is trash

50 zec

>zec

Attached: 1518816967943.jpg (362x259, 19K)

1 BTC, so i can buy more XMR than 100

>NOT based on current prices
>literally ignores that

Attached: 1519912956703.jpg (703x685, 71K)

I understand. However, since I don't have a cs or cryptography background, i wanted to make a conservative estimate for my argument by saying "no more than a few years". I probably should have just left out the claim but I'm with you in that RandomX will likely make ASICS (as we know them) obsolete.

Attached: 1524064530589.jpg (650x405, 32K)