LIBRA

So what's the consensus/biz/?

Is Libra the death of crypto as we know it or it's savior? I've seen convening arguments for both sides

>Libra will just bring regulation and more law into the crypto space making it more centerilzed and harder to profit off of.
>Libra will be the coin that brings in a huge wave of new investors and introduce them to the crypto space, more people wanting coins and driving up the price due to demand.

Which one of these do you agree with, and why?

Attached: 1563466700857.jpg (1100x1100, 244K)

libra = death of crypto because it's introducing people to the wrong type of crypto
but we still have at least a year to take profits in the markets until then, then go starting writing calls/puts or trading futures with the money you make here
good luck anons

This. The key being wrong type of crypto.

Anything other than Eth, BTC and MAYBE link is a shitcoin until further notice.

It would be like sending tether. to your fb friends. I don't see it making many ripples in the space.

nothing like that at all. go read the whitepaper, libra took all the greatest parts of crypto and put them together, in the whitepaper for now. but facebook will see this through because they have the resources to get it done and they want to get it done quick so they can replace the banking system. regulations are gonna rain down on everything crypto related, and it'll affect us, not facebook.
all the while, facebook will be literally strong-arming other country's economies until they acquire more power than traditional banking.

>MAYBE link
that maybe is why link is the superior yolo choice, just sayin

in addition to this, i forgot to really iterate that since it's facebook, they will make their whitepaper a reality very quickly. it's not a russian retard with a philosophy degree that is looking for problems to solve.

Libra doesn't have any value whatsoever, boomer will use it because they are told to but they will never care about it beyond buying a lot of it. This is exactly like Facebook's scam IPO that robbed billions from boomers -- Facebook is a worthless company that can only exist by using smoke and mirrors to separate boomers from dollars.

A lot of boomers have heard they can get money from doing nothing by buying crypto but they are scared to buy because no "brand name" company is selling it. So their greed and laziness will make them blindly buy Libra in hopes of making money for doing nothing, at which point they will have been successfully scammed and Libra will evaporate.

And xmr very obviously

After this last bull run I fully expect for crypto to be completely centerilzed. Guess after I make my money I'll embrace my inner boomer and use my money to invest in the stock market/real estate.

Attached: 1563498042092.jpg (512x512, 21K)

But surly these boomers would take their Libra and invest in things like BTC or ETH, I mean you can't make money holding a stablecoin, right?

Attached: 1563497636674.jpg (512x512, 25K)

Im all-in on Link atm. That doesnt change the fact that there are legitimately difficult steps to climb in the future to fully decide it's fate.

that's what i'm sayin. if success were certain the price would be orders of magnitude higher. since we have that uncertainty, we have LINK as the superior yolo choice. I'm also all in on link. fuck it dude yolo

Cryptocurrency was designed not to be ruled by entities like Facebook. There's no point in Libra, it's a meaningless venture.

Everything about Facebook is a massive fucking scam.

Aside from being a brand name what does libra bring to the table? Reading the white paper now.

You sure like that word

it was an example logo for presentation

libra is not even going to be sanctioned in america lmfao
this is the most retarded shit iv seen and iv seen link from inception.

>convert normie money into facebux
>turn facebook into an e-commerce site
>connect purchase history to social profiles
>sell massive data
>bonus: decades of users who die and leave their crypto on fb wallets
That's their plan

This faggotry must legitimately be stopped. I'm not saying I'm calling for the death of Mark Zuckerberg but seriously somebody kill him. I'll pay you finely in libra.
Because this is biz I'll assume it's common knowledge here that the Winklevoss brothers are massive whales and early adopters of Bitcoin. Do you think Mark just wants to rub it in again?

>winklevoss project is called Gemini
>Zucc names his Liba
>"Do you think Mark just wants to rub it in again?"
100%

Attached: 1520616960211.jpg (447x448, 58K)

Serious question, what is this thing even meant to do? It's literally just a stablecoin right? That you can buy on facebook?

Libra is just money like the dollar. Its not a killer its the same as what everyone already has.

the best onramp to Bitcoin.

Libra is the reason bitcoin moved up from 4K to 13.5K in two months.

>Despite this progress, large swaths of the world's population are still left behind — 1.7 billion adults globally remain outside of the financial system with no access to a traditional bank, even though one billion have a mobile phone and nearly half a billion have internet access.
>And this approach can deliver a giant leap forward toward a lower-cost, more accessible, more connected global financial system.

Oh. Ok... So they basically want to replace all those "Checks cashed" places you find in the seedier areas of town. I guess I'm not against that. Pretty smart actually.

You can if USD dies and loses more value in a worldwide recession

>turn facebook into an e-commerce site
It already is.
>connect purchase history to social profiles
It already is.
>sell massive data
They already do.
>bonus: decades of users who die and leave their crypto on fb wallets
Literally the only new thing, and you made it up.

Trump had the right take. Facebook is trying to become a bank with blockchain as the smokescreen. There is nothing special about their project, it's basically a giant mill of gift cards rather than dollars. It might moonshot purely off marketing and name recognizing but Trump put the ugly jew on notice.