Cars that go up in value?

cars that go up in value?

What car can I buy that I can use on daily basis and I can resell for more then I bought it for? I hate the idea that the new car I buy will lose 100% of its value over 10 years.

Attached: 2896_WH_170317_STF_1980-Pontiac-Firebird_everyday-classics-_9_-_Read-Only_-large[1].jpg (1024x523, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gyJga_kAt_U
japanesenostalgiccar.com/25-year-club-lexus-sc/
youtube.com/watch?v=mPqCCBk-sBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If the answer to this were general knowledge, the appreciation would already be priced in. Investing in anything requires finding overlooked value but this is also the hardest thing in the world to do. Good luck.

2004 Bentley are a good but if you can do your maintenance and buy the right volks part

99.99% depreciate. you're looking for gems that are desirable, i'd suggest seeing what sells at auctions like mecum

>use on a daily basis
unless you are a fucking megacelebrity or become a megacelebrity, zero. there is not a single car on the planet, there is not a single material object in this universe that appreciates in value, with daily use, without an external factor adding value.

00's rear wheel drive manuals. M3 or 335i or whatever fast shit you have in your country

>M3 or 335i
OP was asking for cars that go up in value, not redneck mobiles to be had for $2800 a decade from now

Well if youre super fucking rich then you could get some one off lamborghini which will at least retain its value. Or some crazy collector piece like a mercedes gull wing or a McLaren f1. Doubt even OP would be retarded enough to daily those though

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-101712.jpg (1075x621, 335K)

Rarely can you have an investment car be a daily driver. Best chance for value retention on the other hand is probably a Toyota Tacoma. They last forever and will go atleast 350k miles without needing a new engine.

the opposite, as soon as you drive it out of the dealership it devalues more

Collector cars are a boomer meme.

porsche 911 gt2 rs weissach package with manthey racing pack

low production hypercars

Attached: 1563536145338.jpg (359x395, 41K)

third series mazda rx7 or a 944 turbo

anything manual with an actual steering rack and something atmospheric that isn't a 4-banger
get a porsche 996 at this time

pic related

Attached: lr_classic_defender_worksv8_170118_04.jpg (2400x1600, 1.14M)

Holy shit, actual based advice on biz
More of this please, less of shitcoins

This is great advice. I recently drove an Audi RS5 and while nothing in comparison to my Supercharged Corvette for straightline speed, the car felt INSANELY disconnected from the road since there was only electronic steering.

I think when cars all go the way of Tesla, the more mechanical cars will be sought after.

The best you can hope for is finding something the depreciates slower than others, but at the end of the day it is a machine and will become less valuable with use. Just buy a Toyota and move on with your life

pic related is how I suddenly understood the reason the old porsches shot up in price so much

Attached: 20190503_141635-c.jpg (2560x1440, 987K)

F150 Raptors hold their value like crazy. No regular class car you get and drive daily will ever raise in value.

Cars don't go up in value, just like trailer homes dont go up in value. Of course, you can make money renting trailer homes and cars out, but buying and using the car yourself, it will depreciate like any other nondurable asset.

The only thing that will rise in value is a house, because land & labor costs tend to increase over time, whereas for cars labor costs tend to fall as machinery gets more advanced.

Of course if you just hold a house and don't rent it out maitenance & taxes >>> appreciation, but its much easier to rent a house than a car. You basically have to be a leasing company to lease a car to someone and the paperwork/accounting/legal fees alone are far more than someone just becoming a landlord.

Mostly brainlets here that can't afford anything investment quality.

Cars have a depreciation cycle that lasts about 15-20 years. After this, they either bottom and stay there or creep up slowly.

90s sports cars are getting hot right now. Look at the appreciation on the Supra. Any very low mileage, clean, "unmolested" car that was desirable then will be desirable now.

My carfolio investments might look like this:

2007 WRX STI Limited
1999 Porsche 911 (IMS fixed)
2000-2001 Acura Integra Type R
1974 Nissan 240Z
1971-1973 BMW 2002
2001-2002 Subaru WRX
2000-2004 Ferrari 360 Modena
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
1970s-1980s US full-sized vans

Most of these I'm throwing out with the understanding that only top-grade examples of these will appreciate, and you can't exactly use as a daily. Put about 3k miles on each car per year to make sure stuff doesn't rot.

Investing in cars is hard but possible if you know what you're doing. Better still if you can wrench and do basic maintenance. Most of the cost of ownership is taken away in maintenance and any appreciation the car does will be negated by what you put into it. 10% on a flip would be considered a fair profit. You're rarely going to see cars 2x-3x values anymore unless there's some wired shift in the market and someone invents straight swaps to replace clunky old ICE engines with electric.

At that point I'd start buying every old VW can and 70s-80s shagmobile van I could see, because Millennial #vanlife

Attached: 60238503_10157832507993968_1824565638497042432_o.jpg (1241x1222, 98K)

youtube.com/watch?v=gyJga_kAt_U

Graham makes a good video on how to have a car for free.

>luxury cars are a savings account you can drive
cringe

NSX
Also thinking MR2s will sometime.

Attached: img149996246845634987672664_bf3ab2e395_k.jpg (2048x1365, 1.14M)

I will get laughed at really hard, but I will tell you anyway: look at cars that have literally won awards and have trophies from car shows/competitions

If an owner is unable to produce any such thing (word of mouth isn't good enough), then move on to some other car

Checked out an mr2 the other day. Definitely hold their value

That's what I'm gonna get when I have the money. I've driven a boring there speed automatic for a long time, pretty much everything I want out of a car in terms of style.

Still another year until I can even consider it though in terms of income and no garage (I live in Colorado so mandatory for a car like this)

Attached: 00Z0Z_6WAlCiXrvZj_600x450.jpg (600x450, 48K)

I bought a completely redone old-timer for 5k euro monies

Barely need it but it handy.

No tax, low insurance, very awesome looks

How to become a mega celebrity

Attached: 1563549778813.jpg (978x730, 29K)

and look at every barn around the world :D

3rd gen Firebird, most have been destroyed by poor rednecks and rest are fucking cheap, 35-45 guys who have watched Knight Rider in 80's are starting to buy those. Really easy to maintain, cheap to insure, fairly reliable. Looks super 80's which is always cool.

A daily driver will never appreciate. If you bought the new mid engine Corvette and garaged it for about forty years you MIGHT make like ten grand. Unless you are looking at cars with six figure price tags you shouldn't invest in vehicles.

Great advice, but seeing cars as an investment is something that should be left for enthusiasts only

>use on a daily basis
>go up in value

nothing u fucking retard lmao
if u want to buy cars as an investment do some fucking research first.
pro tip: boomermobiles went up in price because of retards with lots of money wanting to live out their childhood. do the math

lots of big investment firms have portfolios of classic cars because they atleast retain their value

holy shit your poor stuns me
>10k shitbox
>value
>worth any investing

still wondering if the world will ever wake up to them

>comes in 2jz and 1uz, both legendary engines
>beautiful interior
>built well

pictures don't do these cars justice you have to see them in the flesh. Even if they never become appreciated, you still wouldn't lose any money on them because they're already at rock bottom

Attached: sc400.jpg (670x442, 106K)

when Lexus first began in the late 1980s, they spent ~1 billion into research and development for their new flagship car LS400. For the time, it was built better than mercedes and bmw and there are still LS400s on the market today going strong.

Seeing success, the same philosophy was carried into their 2nd flagship coupe - the sc400. These cars are about 30 years old and still incredibly fun to drive.

Opinion on the LC 500? It replaced the SC line and I saw some anons referring to the LC 500 as the god machine.

>1992 Lexus SC400 quick rundown:
japanesenostalgiccar.com/25-year-club-lexus-sc/

>Lexus LS400 quick rundown:
youtube.com/watch?v=mPqCCBk-sBI

Attached: sc400.jpg (1800x1192, 252K)

They look cool but are too new and look too flashy for my taste

Well-built, well-designed machines tested by time have an indescribable charm (bonus if they're underappreciated and dirt cheap it feels much like buying LINK under 20c)

Attached: sc400interior.jpg (640x480, 186K)

BMW E10
MBZ W111 & W113
Early Datsun Toyota Japanese sports cars.
Full size vans / VW campers.
67-70 mustang
67-69 &70-74 Camaro
68-70 Nova/Chevelle
67-70 Mopar Coupes
70-74 Challenger/Cuda

also
Corvette C1,C2 and very early chrome bumper C3
and tri5 Chevys

Idk man, I think vehicles are just not a good investment ever if you're looking to make money. The only way is if you own a heated garage, never ever drive them, run them regularly, and either do all the work yourself or have a private mechanic. And then what's the point? It's kind of heartless and I think fails to recognize what actually makes them valuable, which is a personal connection, or the thrill, or the beauty of aging and use and shared experience.

Or you would have to be like a customs/restoration shop and even then it's always a gamble. Anyone who has worked on an old vehicle can tell you that you NEVER know how much work you will have to put into a vehicle until you open it up and chances are it is totaled in the sense that you will have to put more into it to get it to collectible condition than you'll sell it for. Moreover, there is ALWAYS more work to do. Unless it's started as mint, and kept as such, you will pretty much never be able to restore a vehicle to showroom condition economically because you will have to strip it to nuts and bolts, replace all those nuts and bolts, replace pretty much everything else, paint everything, remachine everything, and do tons of bodywork. That's assuming you can even find the parts new or on the market. And at that point you will never recover the cost--- it's a labor of love if you've gone that far.

I own a 1973 Honda CB350, super classic motorcycle and it's beautiful. It's in great shape but there is always a rusty or old part to replace if I wanted to have it be collectible condition. I accept that all the value is in knowing the vehicle inside and out, having traveled places on it with people I love, and having it bear the marks of my use.

my rich friends dad had one of the ls400 in the 90's and it was the smoothest, quietest and most comfortable car I have ever experienced, basically the same as riding in a rolls royce.

80's and 90's cars are hot right now

>80's G body
>70's 80's c10
>Fox body mustang

Cars that I think will go up in the future BMW E46 coups anything with a v10/v12 engine.