Is Tesla a good investment?

Is Tesla a good investment?

Attached: 0WRCfMN_d.jpg (481x501, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/nissan/frontier
about.bnef.com/blog/behind-scenes-take-lithium-ion-battery-prices/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably not.

Once oil runs out, the future is probably diesel. It's renewable, and we already know how to make it.

Electric cars are only economical because of massive government subsidies. That won't scale - if lot of people switch to electric, the government isn't going to pay for half of everybody's car. They're going to stop subsidizing electric cars so heavily.

Dude flat out looks like a demon. Fucking Asmodeus over here. Then again, what do you expect from a CIA paid social influencer?

This is just wrong.

Diesel is long gone bub. Tesla for what it is has been a catalyst for BEV’s, but I would not recommend user due to high costs to produce a car.

If you want a good investment user I would recommend automakers that are positioned well to meet 2021 CO2 emission standards. Hint: BMW, VW (Europe) or Ford (NA), or Toyota (Asia)

Tell that to my diesel. I will be driving it long into 2035

Hope you have a nice long life with your diesel desu.

Investor sentiment is leaning towards BEVs or HEVs to meet complex European emission standards. Unfortunately diesels have a nasty biproduct emitted that European regulations heavily consider.

Diesel is the only renewable fuel for cars, that has worked.

Electric cars will only work IF major technological improvements happen. If those don't occur, and oil supply decreases, diesel is the only option we have.

I honestly don't know whether Elon's scientists can invent a better car battery. We'll see. If they can't, then diesel is the future.

>Diesel is long gone bub.
It's the opposite, really. See pic.

Attached: Diesel Consumption.png (970x647, 45K)

Yes. Tesla will be the Lamborghini of the future while companies like ford and Toyota will eventually switch to a better more efficient car. Becuase the way a Tesla chargers is too hard to deal with but later they will create a battery that could charge over night and could last for days. Or some type of smart charging method.

the US isnt the whole world you know, for some reason they want to assrape diesel in europe under the disguise of cleaner air which was only worsened with vw diesel scandal

yes, Tesla has a huge growth potential and most people who shit on it have no clue what they are talking about living 5-10 years ago

>Tesla has a huge growth potential
No they don't.

The "luxury car" market is pretty damn small, and a lot of it is dominated by stuff like sports cars, luxury cars, et cetera. Tesla is literally just a luxury car for the tech-savvy.

Unless Tesla starts selling $20,000 cars, they'll be outside of 95% of American consumer's price ranges. They have little growth potential, unless they can figure out how to invent a $20,000 electric car that average people wouldn't mind driving.

>Tesla is literally just a luxury car for the tech-savvy.
base M3 is 30k with tax incentives and saves thousands in repair, maintenance, and fuel costs over its lifetime

>Unless Tesla starts selling $20,000 cars
the only ICE cars you can get for $20k are shit compacts

Jesus. You're going to get mugged by reality.

>base M3 is 30k with tax incentives
1) 35k without incentives. And that's for a terribly unpleasant car, that nobody wants to drive.

2) That's the cheapest, no features version of the car. 35 fucking thousand.

3) The government isn't going to keep offering incentives if the masses start switching to electric. It would be too expensive. So it's back up to 25k.

>and saves thousands in repair, maintenance, and fuel costs over its lifetime
1) It's lifetime is ridiculously short, like all electric cars. (Unless you replace the battery, which is like half the price of the vehicle)

2) Electric cars typically cost more for repairs and maintenance than gas/diesel cars. Most notably, their incredibly expensive batteries KEEP DYING. Of course, if you get the warranty ...

>the only ICE cars you can get for $20k are shit compacts
Firstly, you can get a ton of used cars for a few thousand dollars. Of course, you can't get any used Teslas, because those cars don't last long enough to qualify as "used cars".

Secondly, for $20,000 you can get a lot more than just compacts. For example:

caranddriver.com/nissan/frontier

>And that's for a terribly unpleasant car, that nobody wants to drive.
um lol, it's the only car with the hardware for autopilot

>That's the cheapest, no features version of the car. 35 fucking thousand.
same with 20k shit compacts, if you want to compare to a mid size sedan of equal class you're talking $25-30k for an ICE car which is comparable in price for a much less reliable and expensive vehicle to run

>The government isn't going to keep offering incentives if the masses start switching to electric. It would be too expensive. So it's back up to 25k.
TSLA will keep driving the costs of battery down such that tax incentives won't be needed in the future

>It's lifetime is ridiculously short, like all electric cars. (Unless you replace the battery, which is like half the price of the vehicle)
M3 battery is rated for 500k miles, future M3s are rated for 1m miles

>Electric cars typically cost more for repairs and maintenance than gas/diesel cars.
EVs dont require oil changes and fluid changes and brake replacements are rare because of the regenerative braking system, in fact they should require zero maintenance and run until the battery dies

>Firstly, you can get a ton of used cars for a few thousand dollars
apples to oranges

>Of course, you can't get any used Teslas, because those cars don't last long enough to qualify as "used cars".
teslas hold their value better than any other car

>caranddriver.com/nissan/frontier
>nissan poster
nissan is the nigger of the car industry

read from sheets bobo

Attached: 492_image.jpg (640x480, 55K)

Your metrics should also consider global market share and in comparison with gas, and alternative fuels.

Your graph doesn’t tell me shit if I can’t see consumption relative to gas and electric vehicles.

>um lol, it's the only car with the hardware for autopilot
Can you use the autopilot? No? I mean, potentially it could happen in the future. It's amusing that Tesla is selling features, that they haven't invented yet.

"But we'll make the feature work someday!"

>TSLA will keep driving the costs of battery down such that tax incentives won't be needed in the future
People have been talking about driving down the costs of electric car batteries for a long, long time. Essentially since Thomas Edison tried.

Only a limited amount of progress has been made, and it's vulnerable to the prices of certain stuff - e.g. the supply of Lithium. I'm not saying Tesla won't reduce the price of battery. But it's not certain, or even particularly likely.

about.bnef.com/blog/behind-scenes-take-lithium-ion-battery-prices/

>M3 battery is rated for 500k miles, future M3s are rated for 1m miles
***facepalm***

You're basically accepting their sales pitch, without any critical thought. Warranty lasts for 8 years, or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. 500k miles is unlikely, 1m miles is a dream.

Electric cars have always had difficulty with batteries. And Tesla has not fundamentally solved that. Look at their finances - they pay out a boatload of money in warranties, because they replace A LOT of batteries. And that's with their 4-year warranties.

>teslas hold their value better than any other car
Only if you buy a new $15,000 battery every five years or so.

Face it. Teslas are a lot more expensive than gas cars. The only way they can fix that, and seriously compete for average consumers, is to produce a better battery, and reduce the car's price by $20k. In all likelihood, that technology is decades away - if it ever happens.

If you want to know it, look it up.

I suspect that you know enough about gasoline, to know that it's consumption hasn't increased by 140%, in the period from 1985 to 2010.

>hundreds of millions of new cars/drivers in China over that time period block your argument

Attached: 83D65974-A788-4455-B641-16AC8AE1615D.jpg (436x382, 43K)

You're wrong.

But feel free to look it up.

I don’t actually care that much, but my belief is that we’ll be burning fossil fuels for as long as fossil fuels are available to be burned. It just makes economic sense.

I read on zero hedge that Elon Musk has a big butt and his butt smells and he likes to kiss his own butt.
Make of that what you will.

Well, yeah. But the demand for oil is going up. You mentioned why - China/India, et cetera.

And our ability to find and drill for oil may be limited. We'll see whether new drilling technology can keep up with demand.

If it can't, then our options are Diesel, Electric, or some other weird stuff. And Diesel is the only one that works today, and is likely to work in the next 10 years. Maybe 20 years from now, Electric will work. I honestly don't know.