Anyone following the tf2 economy crash...

Anyone following the tf2 economy crash? Valve updated the game last night with a crate that guarantees rare drops and the entire market has just imploded in a matter of hours. Entire inventories of items previously worth $1000s selling for cents. Is this the ultimate justing?

Attached: x487jvqawlc31.png (474x82, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/chzmap/pds_warningpsa_dont_trade_for_any_tf2_items_at/
steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/0/3140616601472954382/
jacobitemag
genius
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nice

More info: reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/chzmap/pds_warningpsa_dont_trade_for_any_tf2_items_at/

haha fuckin idiots

expected. keys go for less than they do in the valve store on the open market so there is no fucking reason to give valve any money for their virtual cartoon anymore

The news made reinstall the game. I played it for a bit and its really fucking dead now. Community servers are dead.

What do you think Valve will do in regards to this fuck up?

let it die. its been dying, it'll keep dying. the only people still playing video games are addicts and console casuals. i hope people start to realize how fucking unhealthy video games are

How are video games less healthy than staring at a charts all day?

Price of my backpack according to bp.tf has gone up but I never really cared about unusuals so I only have one and I don't even remember how I got it.

With staring at charts all day you might have enough money to pay for the medical expenses resulting from staring at charts all day, with video games you just die, and no respawn.

Because when you 'win' at trading it has meaningful consequences in real life. The dopamine hit corresponds to a lasting improvement in your real life circumstances.

When you win at a game, you turn the game off afterward and you're right back where you started. Your brain gets confused as to why it bothered with the struggle when the reward turned out to be illusory/ephemeral. Too much of this will grind down your reward pathways and rob you of your motivation/concentration.

Problem is games are made to feel hard while actually being really easy. They're low hanging fruit. It takes willpower to ignore them and pursue real activities that grant real rewards, but the longer you play them the more they grind away at the brain systems that control your willpower. It's a vicious cycle.

This is why I RMT off of the poor Venezuelans I have working for me
Layers make be unbannable
Get fucked cartoon gamer incels, only the chad virtual businessman can survive now

Losing while staring at charts has made many people choose the rope though you fucking retard. If you lose in a game nothing happens

This is pretty redpilled and based

Yeah but at least that's real life.
>If you lose in a game nothing happen
Nothing happens if you win either.* Just a false reward.

honestly that's bad too. Spending all your time in a consequence-free environment ends up fucking your brain. It uses consequences of actions to calibrate its behavior, it's a healthy feedback loop. Spending all your time in an environment where winning means nothing and losing means nothing will rapidly zombify a person into state of learned helplessness/inertia, as their brains learn that all their actions are basically pointless and don't serve to alter their material circumstances any.

Necking yourself after a bad crypto trade is clearly an overreaction to a bad event. But point is, it SHOULD feel bad, there should be some kind of feedback there so you can learn from your mistake.

t. never played tf2

Fake hats are just as silly as fake coins lol

t. doesnt read whitepapers

based and cybernetic pilled

Seems like you guys are boomers with a pretty outdated view on videogames. When I say "nothing happens" I mean in terms of actually losing real consequences (money) that might end up ruining your immediate future. Playing online games can teach you a lot about interacting with people in social settings, teambuilding and leadership and how to react to stressful situations. Obviously there are games that have non of this except for relaxation, but theres a reason why eSports are on the rise and the military is actively recruiting the most non-life Call of Duty nerds in public US high schools.

Have fun with your Monopoly money

>centralized entity fucks up their economy
>this is bad for crypto

Attached: 1560535560777.png (300x300, 125K)

>Entire inventories of items previously worth $1000s selling for cents
But it was worth literally nothing before hand and is still worth literally nothing now

You can sell the items within Steam to get steam funbux to buy games with

>What do you think Valve will do in regards to this fuck up?
Tf3 would be nice.

>tfw most of your holdings were in weapons, strange cosmetics and raw keys when this dropped

Attached: 1564134318769.jpg (358x680, 28K)

>muh non-scarce digital files!

>Playing online games can teach you a lot about interacting with people in social settings, teambuilding and leadership and how to react to stressful situations.
You mean interacting with the mentally ill, the autistic, trolls, 13 year olds, and Twitch streamers with narcissistic/psychopath personality disorder. 1/100 games might have normal decent people, unless it's a really old game like SVEN where it's mostly boomers being nostalgic.

what if the company distributing bitcoin decides to do the same as valve tomorrow? do you incel neet brainlets still not realize how your chuck-e-cheese are gonna have the same faith as TF2 unusuals??

lole
based streetshitter

one thing you should fix, Valve didn't purposely make the crate unboxings guaranteed, it's a glitch that only affects certain crates

>You mean interacting with the mentally ill, the autistic, trolls, 13 year olds, and Twitch streamers with narcissistic/psychopath personality disorder.
You've just described Jow Forums minus the Twitch streamers

>keys go for less than they do in the valve store on the open market

Fucking lmao

Are keys not the same trade deal as cards? Cause if so, Valve gets a percentage of every transaction.

On Jow Forums though you're not trying to learn "team building" or "leadership" skills. You can also skip posts halfway through if they bore you or not interest you, unlike in a game where you're stuck for 20 minutes unless you want a cooldown. Anons also cannot teamkill you, grief you, or get you kicked.

you that read wrong, check your reading comp

>unlike in a game where you're stuck for 20 minutes unless you want a cooldown
Play better games idiot

i think they get a cut, but they get a shitload more from people buying keys. difference between getting 2 cents vs 50 cents

Release half life 3

>unlike in a game where you're stuck for 20 minutes unless you want a cooldown
What gacha shit are you playing user?

Attached: whack.jpg (640x480, 77K)

Kek user got ganked and is being a little bitch now.

As someone who did used to play a lot and still when it bored do - this is red pilled. Ever since getting a job I don’t care about prioritizing games - is rather budget and allocate the funds I’ve been working towards as effectively as possible in trades.

Which makes it even funnier

I was thinking of Counter-Strike and trying to play competitive. Any game that "builds" "leadership" skills tends to be terrible, like Dota. My kill to death ratio would be like 3:1 and still get kicked or have to listen to some retard telling trying to micromanage my moves (and I wouldn't and get kicked because they have butt buddy with them).

I only play Dead by Daylight which has zero voice chat or text chat until the very end. Occasionally Apex Legends, but that one is fine.

I don't know all the troll posts the past year or two have been giving me a lot of grief.

>FPS, MOBA
lmao, braindead games are obviously going to give you braindead results

Try Hearts of Iron 4 multiplayer

This

>Hearts of Iron 4
If you aren't playing HOI3 with Black Ice get out of my face you filthy casual.

>there are people in this world RIGHT NOW who are net negative the greatest and easiest transfer of wealth for six hundred years
Not sure I believe you

Attached: 34062455-F2E7-41C2-A5C2-19E471DB20D6.jpg (300x300, 16K)

Realistically at the heart of every game though is the same dynamic of your inner retard chasing an imaginary reward. Everyone is playing games to chase that feeling, the social dynamic is bolted onto this underlying mechanism. Otherwise it wouldn't be a video game, it'd be a hiking club or a social gathering at a bar or whatever. Games exist to drip feed reward sensations to you by simulating achievement.

I'll admit there are gray areas like secondlife or something where the line gets blurred as to whether it is really a game or just a virtual gathering place. And actually I think there are some genres of game that minimize or downplay the compulsive reward chasing thing or which actually offer meaningful rewards - like puzzle games (which challenge your brain) or narrative/walking sims (which offer a narrative/aesthetic experience). But most people aren't playing those games, at least not in the habitual/compulsive way that we think about modern games. They're playing shit with leaderboards, high scores, rare drops, unlockables and loot boxes. All ways to simulate achievement without actually accomplishing anything of note.

If you are getting a social something out of a certain game that you play, that's great, but it doesn't solve the issue that the underlying structure of the thing you're engaging with is pernicious and manipulative.

HOI4 is shit and objectively a downgrade from HOI3 but the multiplayer is better and more convenient

Isnt something like this why vitalik made ethereum?

>lmao, braindead games are obviously going to give you braindead results
>Try Hearts of Iron 4 multiplayer
I don't like games that require learning shortcuts and a weird UI (just looked up HOI). At that point I rather spend my time learning an actual skill. I like games that remind me of the early 90s arcades. Same reason I don't like Fortnite, having to create binds and macros to build efficiently. Too much effort.

Games exist to simulate certain social behaviours or develop specific skills.
It has been this way for thousands of years

>Games exist to drip feed reward sensations to you by simulating achievement.

Most succinct explanation of vidyas I've ever read right there.

fuck off back to réddit

Like I said
Play braindead games, get braindead results

That's what happens, when you don't build economy on the blockchain.

>The Market is unavailable for the following reason(s):
>You must have a valid Steam purchase that is between 7 days and a year old with no recent chargebacks or payment disputes. To remove this restriction...

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Fuck steam guard desu

lmao get out of silver

'The Crate Depression'

HOOOOOOOOOO

THE ITEM SERVERS ARE DOWN. THEY ARE ENDING IT SOON. SELL SELL SELL

>theres a reason why eSports are on the rise
eSports are better adapted to the contemporary audience (internet streams instead of television) and have a completion-based set of victory conditions rather than a time-based set. For example, a football or divegrass match even between two top teams can be 90 minutes of boring non-action which leaves everybody disappointed, because only when the clock is through do the players go home. A Dota or CSGO match will ONLY end after a certain amount of action, a certain amount of kills or destroyed buildings. The worst eSports match will always be 1000* better than the worst divegrass game for this reason alone.

>the military is actively recruiting the most non-life Call of Duty nerds in public US high schools
The military has always recruited the drifters and losers out of public schools, with CoD they can guarantee they have losers with violent fantasies who are gonna be really passionate about the guns and callsigns.

Attached: 1326249418378.jpg (1080x1080, 774K)

Based Gaben.

forgot pic

Attached: 1536740304162.png (1260x869, 920K)

Some recreation is good though.

>Gabe elected president of the US at the height of diplomatic tensions
>WWIII completely avoided

This desu. A game like crypto fights avoids this issue entirely.

jesus fucking christ this level of cope
steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/0/3140616601472954382/

OP can you post invite to the discord channel pls

Attached: 2019-07-26 19_15_16-There is no market crash, and you're not economists. __ Team Fortress 2 Gen (1001x779, 148K)

MY FUCKING BACKPACK WENT FROM 1000 EUROS TO 200 EUROS OVERNIGHT SOMEBODY COME FUCKING SHOOT ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

do you guys think this will have an effect on other game economies since tf2's economy was actually kinda big and important even with keys being like 50 ref.

Anybody stupid enough to make a serious investment in an intangible baby toy's virtual economy deserves to lose everything.

No. They are completely separate. At worst people just cashed out of TF2 and are just going to put it into other games meaning there might be some brief shortages but nothing in the long run.

Complete spaff! The video game industry is booming

Fucking Muricunt. I basically agree with you but it's sad to see that you cant appreciate a sport 100x better than handegg, which most of your shit country wildly celebrates.

BULLSHIT

Nothing to complain about the Community Market is running as normal all the items are still overpriced.

Just dumb niggers imaging things

What are you talking about? Item prices haven't changed.

Provide a screenshot

Ok Freud

dude the whole biz is about >teamkilling (selling your bags before some other retard does) your so called friends
so is tricking others into buying your bullshit alt

If football didn't have so many fucking commercials it would be the GOAT sport, but alas you spend 2 hours watching play stoppages and advertisements for every 1 hour of gameplay

>tfw I’ve been living in a fantasy world these past two years
That’s it. I’m putting in my application to McDonald’s tomorrow.

you read nick land and other CCRU shit, don't you?
Based.

explain tennis then

I don't watch tennis

I've heard of him but never read any of his stuff. DK what CCRU is. I'd be interested to check him out, where should I start? Any useful links?

Nick land:
jacobitemag com/2017/05/25/a-quick-and-dirty-introduction-to-accelerationism/
genius com/Nick-land-meltdown-annotated
The CCRU(cybenetic culture research unit) is a group nick land and sadie plant founded back in the 90's IIRC, has a lotta works but I am gonna be honest I didn't read anything from there yet. Fanged Noumena is a work to be highlighted here

I know nothing about this game or its economy. But am I correct in guessing that nobody actually ever paid $1000 for a TF2 item, but people were inflating the price because there was a high list price, creating the false impression of value?

I think they were buying them but only under the impression that the value would keep going up forever and they could sell to a greater fool. So, like a mini-bitcoin.

Thanks user, I will check it all out.

this

oh okay, so like a feedback loop of morons believing that list price and value are the same thing.

>the one unusual I've had for years gets devalued
>sad, but my attachment to it is mostly sentimental even though I blew 80 bucks on it
>buy a key to get a pittance prize of another unusual
>have to over pay (pay valve price + MA tax) to get a key
>can't even open the crate because valve started to address the problem

Great, I can't even get a fucking pittance prize for this

Attached: pink wojak.png (3000x2500, 1010K)

>Hoi4 isn't braindead

lol enjoy ur babby EU4

t. vicky2 pro