How secure is your crypto?

Attached: Digital-BitBox-Hardware-Wallet-Comparison-_2-680x350.jpg (680x350, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/coinmonks/the-most-expensive-lesson-of-my-life-details-of-sim-port-hack-35de11517124
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they're on binance, coinbase, and huobi

Trezor

I run MNs from an encrypted wallet on my desktop.
I have a Nano S, too. I'm gonna use it for BTC.

I have my seed phrase tattooed on the inside of my rectum. Did I do good frens?

i just keep mine on coinbase I don't really care anymore

Trezor cold storage for me. Only use it on a thinkpad with a fresh install of ubunutu.

Reminder that if your seed is unencrypted on your hardware wallet, or protected by a "pin" less than 20 alphanumeric digits, it will be trivial to hack if someone gets ahold of your physical hardware wallet. Especially as technology advances. The ONLY way of having your keys safe is with a password that is infeasable to brute force and that decrypts or augments the seed. Something that has to be entered every time.

I also just keep it all on coinbase. I've actually got a LOT of crypto (I bought into the link FUD back in 2017, and have a pretty large stack), and have been autobuying BTC since 2014 at least.

In the 2017 bullrun, I moved everything to cold storage on a trezor, then put the backup seed in a safe deposit box.

I bought a house recently, and moved some off of the trezor to pay for it. The feeling of moving ~$400k off of some USB device and hoping you didn't fuck it up somehow is not one that I enjoy.

So when coinbase said they'd store my stinkies, I moved them all back over there. It was the last time I'll ever have to shit my pants for 20 minutes hoping that nothing went wrong.

I am not a criminal, and I pay my taxes, so I have no problems with coinbase. If you are the same, I'd highly recommend using them too.

checked

Attached: digits.jpg (370x574, 61K)

I just got a ledger nano s. How do I make sure it hasn’t been fucked with? Got it direct from the company.

Actually one of the things that most-convinced me to stop using a trezor was: I hadn't touched it in a couple of years, and that meant it needed a firmware update. Lots of warnings that the firmware update could brick the device, so to make sure you have your private key handy.

Except: I don't ever want to have a private key handy. If I had >$2M in cash, I wouldn't be trying to store it myself, so it seems stupid to do that with crypto.

Another example is basically: when I travelled, I would get scared of a home break in and that somebody was going to steal my trezors, so I would travel with them on me, which then made me scared of assault. I'd rather let coinbase deal with all of that.

I keep my ETH wallet private key in a plain text document on my Windows 10 desktop. I replaced the last digit to 0 but it's really 1.
Yes I'm a Chad too.

Generated a phrase on an offline machine, never connected to web
Only place phrase exists is in my head
Ya'll fucked when i am in a coma

Coinbase have a massive lawsuit hanging iver them and theyre no longer covered by the fca in uk at least. I just dont believe them about their ckaims to be insured desu. My interactions with the customer service set off major red flags. They also recently had AIS and PIS permissions indefinitely suspended by the FCA. Google it. Its on fca website.

Are you afraid of this happening to you?

medium.com/coinmonks/the-most-expensive-lesson-of-my-life-details-of-sim-port-hack-35de11517124

Keeping decentralized currency on centralized servers, brilliant. Let's hope ivan does not decide to take a vacation with your money

Also keeping your entire life savings on a flash drive that can go corrupt. Brilliant.

These crypto amateurs are gonna learn the hard way

>using any of this backdoored chinese garbage

Attached: 1488598870139.jpg (192x262, 8K)

Every approach to wallet security has vulnerabilities. It all comes down to whether you are targeted or not.

Have your Coinbase account in whitelist mode where any and all withdrawals can only be sent to specific wallet addresses, take several days to specify an address/generate a notification when an address is added, and takes several days for said withdrawals to occur/a notification of a withdrawal occurs.

Simple. Any other method of "hacking" you requires their cold wallets to be physically broken into, which is covered by an insurance policy.

Trezor
>made in the czech republic

Ledger
>made in France

I keep mine on Coinbase.

You are delusional if you believe these nipchong hardware wallets don’t have back doors at the chip level and if the slants want your coins they won’t get them the instant you apply electricity to the things.

Where do the chips come from friend?

>trusting them that they dont install backdoors in your shitty overpriced USB thumbdrive

brainlet coping with his shitty purchase.

I'd bet that their cases were molded in CR/France but the PCBs are Chinese

>Also keeping your entire life savings on a flash drive that can go corrupt. Brilliant.

Eh?

and chinese would never ever put backdoors on some chips that they sell to dumbfuck brainlet gweilos

top kek hahahaha

How good is mew for security with their phone thing?

nonsense, hardware wallets reset after a few wrong tries

I suppose you could say the same thing about the hardware in most PCs, laptops, and especially smart devices. Even Windows logs keystrokes now.
Worse comes to worse, be creative. Store your key in a save file and slap it on a damned Gamecube memory card or something.

>I suppose you could say the same thing about the hardware in most PCs, laptops, and especially smart devices.
>brainlet stores his keys on online machines

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have it, not bad. If someone gets your phone you can get fucked if you dont have security measures to stop them from going through your shit. Better than holding on an exchange though.

I don't trust anything physical. I have 20 wallets and use a mouse keyboard on an old Linux netbook for the bigger wallets.

I use paper, retard

>retard stores his keys on paper

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
holy shit this dude, what a dunce.

I've been able to keep my wallets safe for 2-3 years. Never lost funds on an exchange, either. I think I'm doing alright user. Are you? Your posts are getting a bit sad.

this but unironically
i also told everyone in my family how to get to my cones incase i die

lost it
doing god's work user

whats sad is you replying to all his bait posts, you absolute faggot

bit of water damage to your gay Papier-mâché house and your fucking keys are gone you imbecile. thats all it takes for your keys to vanish.
you just had luck for 2-3 years, thats all.

>Are you?
better than you, my keys are secure.

Reminder that there are 2^264 potential Ledger Nano S configurations, which is a greater number than total potential bitcoin addresses (2^256).
Idk about the other hardware wallets but you really need to be a brainlet to not see the their usefulness.

>chang installed backdoors
>takes all the crypto of all the retards that store their shit on these overpriced USB thumbdrives

Ni hao you fucking chink trusting retard

post boipucci

ledger is three
i had a sweaty sesh when i input it wrong whilst on a bender and had to use my key

Then why are there no stories of this happening. Ledgers been around for a while now senpai

would you even know?
retards who buy overpriced chink thumbdrives are too dumb to figure out who stole their funds.

Imagine paying $70 for a fucking USB drive

Then where are all the reddit posts saying 'muh ledger was hacked!'. Where do u keep ur crypto if u dont trust hardware wallets?

Imagine thinking its a usb drive

it is and you are coping because you are a bottomfeeder retard who needs other people to tell him how to store his crypto.
NPCs like you never make it because they are unable to think on their own.

I bet you think if you lose the ledger you lose your crypto dont you. All a ledger is is a mini air gapped computer. Thats it.

Fuck I havent done this yet. If I die that shit is gone forever lmao

you dont have the key you dont own the coins
simple as

and if you have other backups than your gay chink USB thumbdrive than you confirm that it is actually unnecessary.
checkmate.

varying
some is very fucking secure some is on mex some on conebase

>me buy chinese hardware wallet
>muh coins safe I trust random chinaman

Attached: 3547hw.png (720x303, 96K)

What makes you think you dont have the key if you use a ledger? And once again the point of a ledger is you can access your crypto using your key without having to go to the trouble of getting an air gapped computer. I dont understand why you find this concept so difficult.

How do you store your coins? On an air gapped laptop that you personally built the chips for yourself? How do you know the computer you used to generate your seeds doesnt have backdoors (it definitely does).

Blue board. I’m not getting banned for that sort of shit again.

post in on a red board and link me to your boipucci

How many buttcorns are you bidding please sir.

>he eats the copium his chinkshit is 100% manufactured like this
Your bubble is bigger than crypto itself

Name one method of generating seeds which doesnt involve technology made in asia.

cheap chink made USB thumbdrives are resold to retards for a higher price. that is all there is to it. their security is an illusion. this chinkshit actually opens up MORE possibilities to steal your funds, you are just too brainlet to see it.

I know for a fact that my keys are 100% secure.
Its really not that hard to figure out the most secure setup for private key storage.

>I know for a fact that my keys are 100% secure.
1/10 bait

>he doesn’t know how to use a slide rule

Attached: 08A9DAEA-DC65-4E75-9530-5652096166A4.gif (168x120, 1.23M)

keep coping with your chink USB thumbdrive

Everything you use has been built by chinks brainlet

stop talking brainlet, you already proved that you are a dumb fuck who has to rely on other peoples words and chink made garbage.
you have no clue about the technology or security and you are too brainlet to figure it out on your own which is somewhat amusing.

Name one way of generating seeds that doesnt involve tech made im asia.

do your research
I won't spoon feed you like your mom did til your 27th birthday.

Its literally impossible retard. At some point youre gonna need to use a computer and that computer will be made in China.
>inb4 you use an offline airgapped computer
Now you understand what a ledger is. Well done

no need to be that paranoid to put it simply the current technology does not allow significant amount of data to be stored hidden in a computer chip and without knowing what to look for specifically you would have to log everything for a very long time. so yeah a fresh boot on an offline computer is safe. especially if it has no high capacity writable medium mounted. just restart the thing before going online and you are good.

I just store it in a desktop folder yolo

and that hardware wallet was made in china with the intent to later steal YOUR coins.
if you weren't sub 70 IQ you would notice where the problem is.

So was your laptop. The chips are generic. Plus its offline... do you see where in going with this?

>no need to be that paranoid
nice try chang

You also havent explained why this has never happened to anyone. Reddit should be full of sob stories and ledgers rep would be in tatters by now.

dude i have been fucking around with computers since i was 12 i have been a programmer most of my life for embedded pics to compilers and webservers.
there are things that would be feasible as a targeted attack that simply not feasible as a market saturation attack. and some things are not even possible as a targeted attack.

airgaped pcs are fine.

only secure if the airgapped PC is used inside a Faraday cage and never had a connection to the internet.

>I trust it as long as no whiny reddit faggots show up
>I see no difference between a random airgapped computer and a chink USB thumbdrive that was MADE for the sole purpose of storing crypto keys

really doesnt take a genius to see where the problem is.

you are not gonna get active surveillance you are not a major crypto exchange. just stop obsessing over james bond and mission impossible movies you seen as child!

But you do have they key...
You dont what you're talking about and each post that becomes more obvious.

no your shitty key is inside that chinkoid hardware wallet, if you have that private key somewhere else as backup then your hardware wallet is useless.

unlike you I have a lot of crypto and do everything I can to keep it secure.
but sure I agree nobody gives a fuck about your 100 bucks of VIDT or whatever poojeet shitcoin you store there.

You still havent explained how to generate a key without using any Chinese hardware.

A ledger/ trezor is airgapped so 'backdoors' are irrelevant. Its a just a mini airgapped computer. Stop coping and admit youre chatting shit.

>unlike you I have a lot of crypto and do everything I can to keep it secure
yeah and who knows that nigga? (assuming you are not larping for the heck of it) you are not gonna get active surveillance. but if anyone want's your crpyto that can do that, they will beat it out of you with a $5 wrench.

Not metamask? You were this close to being a turbo chad

>ledger/ trezor is airgapped
don't you plug it in the usb slot? you need to learn the definition for airgapped.

technically you can do it by hand pen and paper. but i never heard anyone doing it for real.

Actually npcs make it rather commonly, more so than channers

He doesn't understand how hardware wallets work, or why an exchange is always going to be better at keeping your crypto safe than you are. Just ignore.

and I already told you I aint doing the homework for some brainlet who can't think for himself and do some basic research.

>so 'backdoors' are irrelevant
pure brainlet cope and wishful thinking, and no its not airgapped because as soon as it touches the USB port of your online PC it can easily send your private key to chinks. wow what an airgap!

>they will beat it out of you with a $5 wrench
I'm armed and own a gun.

no they don't, they lose it all couple years later and then go back to wagecucking.

>and I already told you I aint doing the homework for some brainlet who can't think for himself and do some basic research.
You've spent so much time being a shithead here you coulda just explained it real quick. Not that guy but jesus just stop responding if youre so smug

the coping brainlets are not interested in learning. all they are able to do is follow instructions, thats what makes them NPCs, thats what doesn't make them question chink made hardware wallets.

>I'm armed and own a gun.
they will beat it out of you with a $5 wrench

no they won't and the gun is the last line of defense.
lucky for me nobody knows about my crypto, how I store it or how much I have.
nobody knows, not even exchanges or faggots analyzing blockchains.

>lucky for me nobody knows about my crypto
then active surveillance is no concern.

but any organization that can do that will get you in the shower or while you are asleep in your bed and beat it out of you with a $5 wrench. i mean if you are lucky. if not drills and bolt cutters may be involved.

if you would be a legitimate known crpyto business then yeah being paranoid about the hardware you buy and tinfoil rooms and stuff is legit. as a private person that generates a bunch of wallets once in his life this is nothing but circle-jerk.

all of mime is on CB now
dont hold shitcoins no more

too expensive to go after me, they will just raid some lower hanging fruit instead.
thats for example one of these concepts that retards like you don't understand.

>too expensive to go after me
$5 is not too expensive nigga

fucking hell

USE 2 OF 3 MULTISIG YOU FUCKING RETARDS