Hey Jow Forums...

Hey Jow Forums, I was just wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some resources for someone who is looking to learn about crypto trading and crypto in general. I've been watching some YT vids but there's a lot of jargon and terminology I'm not familiar with, and I also have some questions about stuff like choosing the right wallet. I'm starting from square one in terms of the techincal knowledge, so even the most basic of resources would help.

Attached: 1427557796705.jpg (1000x1500, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CryptoCred/status/1153257341397196803?s=20
coinmarketcap.com/rankings/exchanges/
amazon.com/Bitcoin-Standard-Decentralized-Alternative-Central/dp/1119473861/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AYO LOOK. DAT WHITE BITCH DONT GOTTA SCREEN BUT SHE TYPIN SHEEIT. FUCKIN WHITE PEEPO MAYNE

Attached: 1559522404340.jpg (350x400, 14K)

the best way to learn is to deposit some money and have skin in the game. then study charts, learn indicators - what they mean, etc. you wont find it interesting if youre just watching braindead material of people talking about random shit if youre in the game yourself. even if its $100. put some on an exchange and start.

twitter.com/CryptoCred/status/1153257341397196803?s=20

wallet for what

here is what i learned about trading crypto over the years: don't!
just buy btc and hold if you think it can go down dca in!
hold until you reach financial independence!
never sell it all! (this mistake i have made multiple times regretted deeply every time)

I like watching cryptochico on youtube. I think hes pretty honest

one more thing decide how much of your net you are willing to risk on btc! say 10%... go in heavily say 20% when it makes a huge dip, like 80-90% down from previous high! sell half when price doubled! now your risk for losing money is 0 and your potential gains are infinite!

he's an absolute mong and so are you

lol yeah, that picture kinda shows how I feel when I try to figure out where to start with this

yes, I have a small amount of money in the game, and I've found a bit of info I can digest about charts and indicators

I have some BAT, probably gonna buy some BTC, I'm open to others as I learn more

yeah, sorry I don't mean daytrading, I probably should have said investing

anyway, at this point I need to learn the more technical things before strategy. how everything works, how to be safe, how much to have in a wallet vs. an exchange... basically anything that assumes the reader/viewer doesn't know anything would be good, because I don't know a lot.

I wonder why most of the people don't know about the promising project like Telecoin.

bump

Attached: 1393025852330.gif (390x158, 1.83M)

>at this point I need to learn the more technical things before strategy
not really unless you want to leveraged or high frequency trade then it's pretty simple.

he only advice i can give to an absolute noob is don't use coinbase use coinbase pro! it's a but inconvenient to funnel your funds but instead of 5% you get 0.5% fees and can buy limit at the price you think should happen.

take your time, experiment carefully and you'll learn everything along the way, given you're not an absolute retard

yeah that's also a good idea your first few trades and transfers should be sub $100

kek

ok fair enough, but I feel like I should know about safety off the bat. I've heard you shouldn't keep all your funds in an exchange, is that more for people that have built up assets, or is storing funds in an exchange less safe than a wallet?

Is coinbase pro an exchange? I think I have to use uphold for BAT, is that true?

took me 6 months at first to grasp that shit and I am high iq.

you mean the crypto itself? That's something I'm curious about too. the concept of mining bitcoin is pretty weird for example

captcha wants me to select all bridges, but all I see are a bunch of overpasses lol

look what happened with mt. gox. - read up on it and why you should have your own wallet.

in the case of BAT, which is an ethereum token (ERC-20), you would need to set up an ethereum wallet, fill it with a little bit of ETH (like, 0.01 ETH , just in order to be able to pay for transactions) and withdraw your BAT to it.
metamask is a great add-on for your conventional internet browsers and you can use it in combination with MyEtherWallet or MyCrypto which are essentially almost the same thing.

Warning: ALWAYS check URLs for their correct spelling and for https certificates in order to not be phished

>exchanges
coinmarketcap.com/rankings/exchanges/
only use those with a proven track record

yes if you are new to crypto there is no way to digest it all in one day. biz is probably the worst place to begin. just sayin

start with why BTC price moves
amazon.com/Bitcoin-Standard-Decentralized-Alternative-Central/dp/1119473861/

yeah I came to biz more for the investment aspect of it

ok thanks, is there an advantage to having something in an exchange vs. a wallet? The exchange is convenient but the wallet is safer? I'll check out mt gox and the other stuff you mentioned

ok I read about mtgox and I suppose that answers my question haha

exchanges also just use wallets. if you know how to handle your wallet it is of course safer. on the other hand if you re not even using an antivirus, dont know how to prevent phishing attacks and dont care to store your private keys on a piece if paper in a safe environment them letting your money on safe exchanges like coinbase or kraken is safer, thiae two are the only big exchanges that never got hacked.
larger sums should be atored on a hardware wallet line a nano ledger or a trezor so the private keys are never being exposed to the internet.

sry for fat fingering

There are anons itt RIGHT NOW who have NEVER seen OPs cropped pic before. Yall gonna be falling for fingerboxes next

I hold 10k link. But it will never be worth more than it is now. I will be poor forever. We will all be poor forever except for those that made it before us. Nobody will ever make it again. We all missed out on the last bull runs. The normie money and new money came and went. It's all gone and people are too scared to invest in crypto. BTC won't pump past 20k. Link will never break 5 dollars. We should all kms. Kys. I'm sad bros. My IQ is average and not good enough to do some random internet shit for 150 k a year like hi IQ people can. I have to wage slave for shekels forever until I do. Never to pursue any other Dreams.

Rip lads. You don't have to sell. I'm not. But it's over. Pack it up. Go home.

Chack Ivan on Tech on YewTube, he also has a paid academy that I couldn't recommend enough.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (705x369, 27K)

yeah, you shouldn't keep too much at exchanges.
send money in (like 5% to 10%), buy btc send btc out. rinse and repeat!

shut up and buy 100k ONE and stop working after the end of the year forever.
there, you're done

The whole shebang of opening an account at binance, dropping in 10$ and using a hot wallet with some SHITCOIN is learned with some youtube videos
Advanced stuff would be cold wallets, earning gas and how to avoid /biz pajeets
Professionals with $$$ gave already up on coins, just bought 10k of every top 20 coin at the lowest entry and just ride it out until some shit nobody saw happens and just 1000% it for keks

>earning gas
hmm... care to explain more?

it helps of course to know a little how the technicals work too and how fucked up the economy is to put half your savings into a foolproof asset like bitcoin. otherwise you are always stressed out because you think you are gambling.

alright well I'm a pleb so an exchange is probably safer for now. I'm not sure I want to trust any of the security software on this old machine

when you're talking these percentages, what are they a percent of? A pool of money I'm willing to "gamble" with?