Tipping Shekels is now available on BlockChan

I added the ability for you to enter you ETH address to a post. If you click Tip Shekels, you can tip ETH via MetaMask if the post/comment creator entered an ETH address.

Tokens and other currencies coming soon

Example: ndm-inf.github.io/BlockChan/postViewer/biz/AE5C062D131F356BA5AF691236618484B7D9951E6EC58BC41C5F81D625C3D8AE

Attached: tippingds.png (632x587, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ndm-inf.github.io/BlockChan/postViewer//
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

While this is cool, nobody cares about, knows about or understands actual blockchain utilization here or even on Jow Forums, it's just about making money

And people certainly don't give a fuck about censorship until it's way too late

>people certainly don't give a fuck about censorship until it's way too late
But that’s fine. We’re here already, the whole internet is Pirate Bay and immutable. It looks rudimentary and barely used now, but so does everything in its infancy.

I've only been in the crypto space and blockchain development space for a few months and it seems like this really is the case. Even the most die hard investors seem to rarely used blockchain based products or care about them.

99 percent of people don't give a shit about privacy she censorship and they still won't even if it gets to 1984 levels. Even people on half chan barely care, and there care only comes from their hug box /social media dopamine epicenter being down.

People here are literally no different than thots addicted to Twitter and Instagram

what's the maximum file upload you can make? I'm finding that anything above 500KB fails.

This is for BlockChan, not IndImm.

I'm working on a fix for IndImm with large files, but it's been very difficult for me to reproduce after the latest fix.

For BlockChan. There is no issue uploading at all except for the file limit of 3mb. These are hosted on IPFS with just the hash on ripple

>Even the most die hard investors seem to rarely used blockchain based products or care about them
Because 99% their products fucking suck. I like your workand would use it eventually but let's face it. It's slow to use and the UI is atrocious. I understand this is super early in development and you're only one dude, but I'm not going to use this until you fix these things. I'll follow along with high hope until then, but until it's on par with fucking *15 year old* image board I'm not going out of my way to use it besides specific censorship resistant scenarios.

I am really confused by this
1) Why is it showing posts with a hexadecimal hash rather than resolving them to an actual post #?
2) So...you enter your ETH address in the name field of your post, or somewhere on this site?
3) Given that posts are in this impenetrable hexidecimal number, how do I find search for or input specific posts?

Genuinely trying to understand, sorry if complete brainlet questions...

Yeah, the UI definitely needs to be cleaned up and I'm working on making it even faster. The two problems with speed is it has to make the initial web socket connection to the ripple ledger and then image downloads from IPFS can sometimes be slow because IPFS still isn't used much. One of those chicken/egg problems such that speed for IPFS will only get better with more usability.

I wasn't complaining about people not using BlockChan, I do get the reasons why. I was just talking about in general, 99% of the crypto community only cares about crypto from a speculative asset point of view. That is one of the reasons I created IndImm and BlockChan, to see actual utilization of crypto technology.

remember for a moment that the initial use case for crypto was peer to peer cash and it still is very cumbersome for that original purpose. we haven't even hit early adopters yet. the only people who use crypto are fringe lunatics mad about jews/banks/taxes, galaxy brained autists, or some combination of the two. third worlders who are smart enough to understand they can defund their clown governments using crypto will be the early adopters.

my point here is we are extremely early so try to be patient. i actually think your project is extremely interesting but haven't used it because i'm paranoid about getting v&. i didn't realize until fairly recently that this technology essentially means we've entered a phase of humanity where recorded history itself is immutable if we want it to be and no longer written by the winners. imagine for a moment epstein has videos of all the politicians that have been on his plane/island to rape kids and the proof gets uploaded to a blockchain.

Attached: cute goat.jpg (625x417, 178K)

>redditchan
cringe

>I am really confused by this
>1) Why is it showing posts with a hexadecimal hash rather than resolving them to an actual post #?
The only unique identifier for a post is the transaction id on the ripple ledger. It would be possible for me to write it in such a way where post id's were numbers and increased sequentially, but this would slow the system down to an unusable state for more than a couple of people posting and it would not be immune to duplicates. Lastly, I could put a server in the middle between the BlockChan UI and Ripple Ledger, but then that would completely decentralize it and pose great security threats and render the censorshipfreeness of it useless

>2) So...you enter your ETH address in the name field of your post, or somewhere on this site?
When you post, above the post button, there is a txt entry for your ETH address

>3) Given that posts are in this impenetrable hexidecimal number, how do I find search for or input specific posts?
I will be adding searching soon. As far as going to a direct post, you simply put the hash at the end of the url:

ndm-inf.github.io/BlockChan/postViewer//

>Genuinely trying to understand, sorry if complete brainlet questions...

Your questions make complete sense

>remember for a moment that the initial use case for crypto was peer to peer cash and it still is very cumbersome for that original purpose. we haven't even hit early adopters yet. the only people who use crypto are fringe lunatics mad about jews/banks/taxes, galaxy brained autists, or some combination of the two.
You are right, I'm not sure why I didn't realize this.

>i didn't realize until fairly recently that this technology essentially means we've entered a phase of humanity where recorded history itself is immutable if we want it to be and no longer written by the winners. imagine for a moment epstein has videos of all the politicians that have been on his plane/island to rape kids and the proof gets uploaded to a blockchain.
This is exactly one of my goals and what I was thinking. For truth and history to be documented as immutable and indestructible facts

>that would completely decentralize it
Think you meant "that would completely centralize it" because of introducing a single point of failure

Ah yes, sorry.

also consider for a moment the number of people that are using it to pay for things rather than in investment. it's probably still a very small number, especially if you exclude shady internet purchases.

what about the number of people taking a salary in crypto or payment for their services? even smaller number.

>This is exactly one of my goals and what I was thinking. For truth and history to be documented as immutable and indestructible facts

I haven't used twetch or your platform yet but I hope they serve this purpose in a way. Corporate/government leaks and crimes of politicians being exposed going forward will be amazing to watch. Especially given that there is effectively a monetary incentive to do so if people can donate to people who post videos of epsteins pedo dungeons or whatever.

Attached: Charls pilot the EVA or sam will have to do it again.jpg (1132x1080, 115K)

>I haven't used twetch or your platform yet but I hope they serve this purpose in a way.
What is something that can be done to convince people like you to even test out the site?

I want to set up a separate computer with a vpn which I've been too lazy/busy to do. Since op has no way of preventing people from flooding with cp I would rather not get raped by feds if I happen to view such things unintentionally. It's something I'm excited for as an idea but I'm in no rush to use it to try and explain the mindset. I'll be all over that shit if someone leaks eyes wide shut : real life edition, though.

Attached: gay retard.jpg (250x226, 21K)

I get that concern, that's why one of the features I added was that by default images are not downloaded (not just hidden, but not downloaded at all) until a user manually turns on image downloads. By default it is text only

I get the separate computer + vpn 100%

smart contract dev for a year+ and it's my feeling as well. led me to a weird sort of depression, i'm getting offers for money left and right but nobody cares about what we're building
even when you go deep into the dev communities, the people are all about infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure. nobody cares about building something actually useful about it, despite the endless possibilities. nobody seems actually passionate beyond the money aspect. it's maddening
idk user, we're either crazy or 10 years ahead of everyone else. i know it WOULD drive me insane if i didn't tinker with this, knowing the potential, and perhaps you're the same. either way thank you for doing this

I know your feels all too well fren, thanks

>that's why one of the features I added was that by default images are not downloaded

I noticed this and assumed this was the reason. However, it creates this feeling of cp roulette, where every image I click on is definitely going to be something I don't want to see and will never be able to erase from my mind.

Is it possible to make boards where people are required to hold some kind of collateral to post? Have some sort of system where users can punch people in the shekels if they upload cp and they lose their collateral? I have no idea how you would stop a system like this from being abused, for example imagine a small number of coordinated users on discord reporting for cp erroneously to make people lose their collateral. I guess you would also have to make the people doing the reporting accountable to users in the same way, but I imagine this continues to have the same vulnerability given enough people coordinating.

TFW in the future of imageboards, you will be able to sell and profit from selling encrypting keys to rare/epic threads. lmao.

Please add read-only threads. So we can sell epic threads of the future. Would pay good cash on owning a new shooter thread.

>Please add read-only threads. So we can sell epic threads of the future. Would pay good cash on owning a new shooter thread.
This is definitely coming in the near future

please do something with the design, all those colors and round edges are really hard to look at, just copy this

and also the images feel like russian roulette, idk what to do with that though

but I like the project, good luck!

I'm going to tip BRAP

Attached: 1565740695830.jpg (640x800, 43K)

>please do something with the design, all those colors and round edges are really hard to look at, just copy this

I guess I'm going to skin it as a dark themed clone of Jow Forums. Hopefully have that out by next weekend

Are the big complaints basically just the skinning/theme and speed?

its possible to track who uploaded the CP by their blockchain address, eventually the coins will lead back to some exchange with KYC , some IP address and the feds can work from there.

OP can you explain the encrypted threads part?

who is encrypting the threads and how is it decrypted?

The AES key and IV are generated randomly w/ javascript in your browser. The post information is then encrypted with that key/iv and the key/iv are displayed.

To view the post, you must be use the key/iv to unlock it. For others to view the post, you must give them the key/iv

please explain it like im completely fucking retarded

yeah OP can you explain this

is it the ipfs file thats encrypted? the ipfs hash? or the blockchain?

I haven't used twetch either but more and more am seeing decentralized social media as being very forward thinking. the issue with twitter right now is you can be deplatformed at anytime for any reason. some dumb cunt reports your tweet? banned. for a lot of people, their social media platforms are how they make a living. having central authorities that are able to deplatform you on a whim is an issue. it's been an issue. eventually enough people will get sick of it and the network effect will carry over to something like twetch.

Step 1: A random password is generated on your computer
Step 2: The randomly generated password is displayed to you in the browser
Step 3: You create your post
Step 4: You click Post
Step 5: The password is used to "lock"/hide the original message and transform it into a garbled message that can't be unlocked with the password
Step 6: The garbled message is stored on the ripple ledger
Step 7: You or someone else pulls the garbled message from the ripple ledger
Step 8: To ungarble the message, you apply the password generated in Step 1 and displayed to you in Step 2 that you have saved or written down

Based, redpilled and thanks for the reply

The IPFS hash is encrypted. I am thinking about encrypting the entire file on IPFS though now that you ask this question and it made me think on it

he did. sorry for you dumb user.

so you rely on the OP to send you the key to decrypt?

is it possible to have a micropayment that decrypts it for that specific user?

or a different encryption for each user that after they decrypt the key cannot be used again?

nice little experiment u got going on here with a decentralized chan but 0xchan.net is setting the industry standard for it. sorry sweetie, but youre too late and your shit looks all fucked up

Attached: 1556741112180.png (1920x1080, 240K)

>is it possible to have a micropayment that decrypts it for that specific user?
This is something that I've thought about that I would use something like LINK to incorporate. There is much more functionality that I plan to add over time. I'm usually even much quicker at development, but have been very unmotivated as of late

>or a different encryption for each user that after they decrypt the key cannot be used again?

This would not be possible as the original tx in it's encrypted form would still be on the ripple ledger. I could technically add code to BlockChan's UI, but if I did that, the UI would become more than an interface to the ledger and could actually put me in the category as moderator or owner of the data which I don't want to do for censorship/moral reasons

This is awesome user. Thank you for being awesome.

This could be used as a way to sell anything. Tip me x amount and I'll send you a link to x file.

Really good stuff.

I like this idea a lot fren!

And thanks, spread the word and ill keep on working on enhancements, the UI and speed optimization

>eventually the coins will lead back to some exchange with KYC
>will

its only a matter of time before this is not true, it already isn't you just have to use localbitcorns or something like that. as soon as dex's are a thing there will be no identities tied to those addresses so eventually the issue will have to be handled somehow.

Is easy to clean coins

This is awesome user.
Unless you're a glowinthedark that wants to link our wallets to controversial posts....

Attached: 1481978946454.png (448x461, 359K)

doing gods work op, it is my understanding that your operation (and file uploading generally) has become cheaper when XRP drops

you need infrastructure to build those cool things. have patience user.

Yes, that is correct. When XRP drops, it becomes cheaper.

op is not a faggot.

do you know how to incentivise people to store IPFS content?