So before all the trannies and pajeets raid this thread with HAHAHAHAH DURRRRRRRRR LINKIE DIDNT YOU READ THE THREADS...

so before all the trannies and pajeets raid this thread with HAHAHAHAH DURRRRRRRRR LINKIE DIDNT YOU READ THE THREADS EARLIER???? LINKS A SCAM ACCORDING TO A BUNCH OF LITERAL WHO NEWS OUTLETS HAHAHAHAH!!!!! GET OWNED LINKIEE!!!!!!!

did eth just bend the knee to chainlink? lol somebody explain this to me without said autism

Attached: 876543.png (415x615, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eth-usd-aggregator-staging.chain.link/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is huge. It is beginning.

i dont get it. anyone could literally just run a quick VLOOKUP on coinmarketcap to get this info. hello????

Omg they're going to provide btc price feeds as well now?!?

NO BUT VITALIK SAID ORACLES AREN'T WORTH 32 MILLION

what does that even mean lol explain everything like im a total brainlet

Great, now use VLOOKUP to feed the data to a smart contract.

just automatically send the data in the cell to the smart contract every few minutes on the blockchain

FUCK TRUMP AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

Lol, yeh go ahead and do that.

>just automatically send the data in the cell to the smart contract every few minutes on the blockchain
Great, all you need for that is an oracle.

lol ok thanks for your input

>explain this to me without said autism

or you could send extremely small payments on the blockchain and input in a secure code which the oracle is looking for...

A use case of price checking could be a futures market. For example, let's say somehow a very large derivatives market is expanding into bigQuery, and they want to have ETH futures. They're not going to have their interns check cmc for million dollar contracts.

>which the oracle is looking for
So you're doing some retarded shit and you still need an oracle.
Why not just use an oracle and be done with it?

automated data scraper that scrapes data on a futures website (or a few and aggregates them) and then inputs data on the blockchain which is read by the smart contract

>automated data scraper that scrapes data on a futures website (or a few and aggregates them) and then inputs data on the blockchain which is read by the smart contract
So an oracle.

but then there's no need to invent a giant 'trillion dollar' industry if this can literally be coded with 15 lines in javascript

The "trillion dollar industry" refers to staking.
Whether people code their own oracles with staking, or use the industry standard (with all the features that come with it) makes no difference.

Except of course that an industry standard would greatly facilitate the growth of said industry.

Attached: 1.png (1057x946, 693K)

So code it up then. Code up a automated data scraper that will pull the Bloomberg 1pm fixing rate for GBPUSD. I'll be waiting

With Mixicle and TownCrier-tier security, threshold sigs, etc. of course lel.

So you are saying that you can't get rich only owning chainlink? You have to stake them?

There are only 1 billion Linkies, and not all of them will find their way into the network for staking.
So for Link penalty payments to cover a trillion-dollar industry, it needs to reach a very high price.
And that's just from a purely practical standpoint; there's also speculation.

>did eth just bend the knee to chainlink
what is reading comprehension

We are going to be very rich, aren't we.

Link isn't worth a billion dollars
Stinkies are the worst posters on biz

Regardless of whether you stake or hold, it won't affect price action, the less in circulation will though, which is what we want.
But personally, staking will be a better option for the Stinkie Linkie as it will give you more Stinkie Linkies to stake or hold.
We dry up the supply exponentially.

Attached: 29.jpg (1920x1080, 998K)

No

permissioned systems don't turn into decentralized ones once a sufficient number of nodes is reached.
chainlink is still entirely centralized.

Ya I'm sure tokenomics is going to stranglehold a global economy so a bunch of raciest neet fags get rich

>Regardless of whether you stake or hold, it won't affect price action, the less in circulation will though
Staking takes tokens out of circulation you absolute nulinker brainlet

legit question, how can you use chainlink for derivatives, say a future contract? the smart contract can only hold tokens, we'd need to tokenize commodities for it to work

Exactly my fucking point cockbreath

Attached: 1567430257283.jpg (742x745, 74K)

>Link isn't worth a billion dollars
t. shitcoin bagholder who didn't listen to the Linkies.

Attached: chainlink roi at 1 usd outperforming market.png (1830x1859, 88K)

chainlink can both execute contracts using external data and receive data from contracts to execute external actions

Being permissioned has nothing to do with being decentralized.
And Chainlink will have permissionless nodes too, read fucking everything from the white paper to the mainnet blogpost.

>Regardless of whether you stake or hold, it won't affect price action
As the demand for penalty payments rises, the price of the Link token will need to rise accordingly.

On an unrelated note I still can't believe they tried to use an article written by a guy who failed at cuphead as credible fud.

Also $1000 eoy.

UDOO is the next link man, 5-10x eoy

it’s literally cheaper to get an unpaid intern to check the price on cmc than pay $3 to use chainshit. chainshit didn't even solve the oracle problem anyway. literally vapourware and craig has the patents for oracles anyway.

How many more fake partnerships and 700k dumps will it take for linkies to take the hint

but then it would not be trustless, would it? my understanding is that a smart contract needs to hold whatever the two sides want to trade, and it can only hold tokens in a blockchain, it could not for example access a bank account to pay or receive payments, and even if it could, it would be off chain, so not trustless

idk, it seems to me that tokenizing everything is the only way to make this work

>each individual piece of a system doesn't affect the whole

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

This is the average intelligence of the LINK bagholder. Never fucking read a line of code in his pathetic life while ‘investing’ in a software idea that makes no practical sense.

You just solved the oracle problem user
You are rich

>software idea that makes no practical sense
Google Cloud thinks it does make practical sense.

Wow, Google Cloud's word vs Anonymous ID n8teMiK1's word.
Now I don't know whom to believe!

the onchain-to-offchain would probably be more reliant on a working reputation and staking system, yeah

i don't think the tokenisation of commodities would be particularly difficult (we've already tokenised them off-chain, that's what commodity markets are)

could probably make the process all-but-trustless through IDs, encryption and scans which detect code tampering (which, now i think about it, would be part of the off-chain-to-on-chain process already)

the way i see, if we'd start to tokenize everything, the whole financial system would make such a gigantic leap, we could have a real trustless system

problem is you need governments backing up these tokens and contracts, so you could have the ownership of you house on chain, or assets of a company that wants to make issue bonds with smart contracts

this is going to be interesting

>Being permissioned has nothing to do with being decentralized.
it absolutely does. right now, the central authority is chainlink itself - they can approve and ban nodes at will
>And Chainlink will have permissionless nodes too, read fucking everything from the white paper to the mainnet blogpost.
i've read their github.
they haven't even begun to work on staking.
>inb4 "it's not public!!!"
it's a blockchain project you dunces.

This.

go back to plebbit

There is a Chainlink Discord that THEY DO NOT want you to join.

Jow Forums has been overrun and this is our haven. We have emigrated Jow Forums, join us.

How to access: Go to Reddit -> r/LinkTrader -> check the sidebar on the right and join the unofficial Discord.

Do this quickly, the moderators there are gonna be SEETHING!!!!!!!!

I really don't use reddit so have no idea where to look

Man you really know your shit. I can't believe they have Sergey attending and speaking at these conferences with the likes of Gavin Wood and Nick Szabo instead of you.

>Join my doxcord

Attached: 1565932210775.jpg (618x597, 64K)

was mixicles public?

Don't you think it's weird that this hasn't been done at all yet? Like there's got to be a reason no one has done it yet right? The fact that all the defi platforms have had to make their complex oracles in house so far kind of points that it's not that simple...

wow so it's going to clog the ethrum mempool even worse than crypto kitties
NICE!

Attached: 1562688130362.jpg (250x237, 7K)

eth-usd-aggregator-staging.chain.link/

This is pretty damn slick, and this is still really early days. We're gonna make it bros. They're really doing it.

OMG CHAINLINK IS GONNA CHECK THE PRICE OF CRYPTOKITTIES ON ETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS HUGE THATS REVOLUTIONARY

I dont know what that stuff means, but its fun to play with the ball thing with lines on it. You can move it around by dragging it with youre smartphone

They dumped 700ks to get cash to pay to attend with these hot shots. Stop being naive

Imagine being so autistic that you think financial institutions would use big mac tokens

Peepee poopoo

>it absolutely does. right now, the central authority is chainlink itself - they can approve and ban nodes at will
That has nothing to do with being decentralized, see private/permissioned blockchains (which Mixicles makes obsolete)

>i've read their github.
>they haven't even begun to work on staking.
lmao, see pic.
Learn to use trackers.

Attached: 1568274030600.png (794x708, 71K)

I bet this guy literally went to the GitHub and ctrl+f ‘staking’

It's all so tiresome.

Sleep now in the fire.

>begging for compound attention even though their ceo behaved unprofessionally publicly leaking Sergey emails and started a shitposting fud war, rallying the heads of multiple other projects to shit on chainlink, then announced their own new oracle system
Oof big yikes
Also 7 new heartbeats paid by themselves instead of by customers is fucking crazy they're gonna burn through so much money and the data won't even be used

>their ceo behaved unprofessionally publicly leaking Sergey emails and started a shitposting fud war
Who?

If we 7x the current consumption that's more than $420,000 per month.

The volume will be wild with some adoption, but the price per call will go down

>VLOOKUP
Based and Excel pilled

VLOOKUP excel can do this shit, oracle is a useless tech

absolutely based and redpilled

Link will be made irrelevant with FTM. Plan accordingly

They have dumped enough LINK so they should have at least $10mil to fund the hearbeats for the next 24 months, but we need adoption soon.

> started a shitposting fud war, rallying the heads of multiple other projects to shit on chainlink, then announced their own new oracle system
Oof big yikes
The Compound guy (Leshner) didn't do any of that, you're thinking of Joey Krug in response to the Compound guy talking about Chainlink.

This board is hopeless.

Joey Krug from Augur btw lmao.

>Stinkies are the worst posters on biz
It's true, but only the severely mentally ill ones who obsessively FUD and frantically post in all caps. All the ones in the discord you come from.

Just like they could buy the support of Ari Juels, Gavin Wood, Tom Gonser. Do you know how ignorant that sounds? Lol