/smg/ - Stock Market General

all time, all the time, all time highs
meanwhile the ECB fumbles at the controls of their economy to try and stay afloat, and China crawls back to the negotiating table.
Cryptocurrency is not at all time highs. Shiny rocks are not at all time highs. US Equities are; the SPX has tripled in under a decade.

CME Fedwatch:
cmegroup.com/trading/interest-rates/countdown-to-fomc.html

Brokers:
pastebin.com/Dar8zS0k

Basic stock market terminology:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Free charting tools:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/
finscreener.com/

Real-time market news:
twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain
nhentai.net/tag/crab/

Risk management:
pastebin.com/sqJUcbjp

Stock screeners:
finviz.com/
tradingview.com/screener

Premarket Data and Live data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures
finance.yahoo.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

A time when futures were lower:

Attached: roofOfTheWorld.png (900x675, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LBYZoc9lnvE
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-12/jack-dorsey-s-square-is-testing-a-new-free-stock-trading-service
youtu.be/ZfKk6nQ__f4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for FUCK leonliger and FUCK all you namefag attention whores

noone gives a fuck about your 5 figure bags or shitty options plays now FUCK OFF and discuss actual stocks

Don't fall for the AH pump. We got rejected from the ATH 4-5 times today. The market is spent, tomorrow is Friday the 13th, and next week the fed talks.

My option plays are for actual stocks though friend... you have the option to scroll past :)

Cheeks spread thin edition:

September 13:
AMD 30.50 call @0.37

September 20:
GME 4.00 put @ 0.29
VRA 10.00 call @ 0.20
EHTH 80.00 call @ 1.46

October 18:
CRON 12.00 call @ 1.12
LCI 14.00 call @ 1.56
MSFT 140.00 call @ 2.04

October 25:
GRPN 3.00 call @ 0.15

November 15:
ATVI 55.00 call @ 3.57

April 17:
PRTY 2.50 put @ 0.27

So if things go as planned I'll get 50,000.00 or 100,000.00 with AMRN. Current net worth is 41k. No debt (other than house).

Not to bad considering I make a shitty 27k a year now. Can't fucking wait! Come to me oh Holy Buyout, deliver into my hands epic Fat Green bag of cash. My last chance at redemption! My last chance to make Profit and get a jump start on living the good life later. I just wanna retire at 50 and be a lazy fuck without worrying about shit. Is that to much to ask for?! My last chance to make Profit without resorting to illegal shit.

Who the fuck is leonliger

youtube.com/watch?v=LBYZoc9lnvE

there's no way I make money again tomorrow, right
It's been too consistent, too easy
I don't even need to buy or sell anymore, it's all mine

England's Statute of Labourers 1351 prescribed the use of the stocks for "unruly artisans" and required that every town and village erect a set of stocks. Sources indicate that the stocks were used in England for over 500 years and have never been formally abolished

I happened to be in SPY calls today when the news broke on the potential interim trade deal with China. I had 300 contracts and was setting up my sell order because I usually go in heavy and just wait for a one cent move. I made $8500 in seconds when the price shot up out of nowhere. Holy fucking shit what a lucky retard I am. Hope you all had a good day as well and weren’t in calls when they figured out it wasn’t true.

Attached: C77072D0-5F16-439E-BB18-F7584ACF1F4D.jpg (553x553, 32K)

Is it true that people in the stocks got peters shoved up their booty holes at night?

Traditional BDSM... I like it

Attached: maids-pictures-luscious-hentai-and-erotica-15079.jpg (840x1188, 152K)

There's no hard proof of that but let's talk about the position the body was put in, the addition of shackles for legs and that it was often a punishment for women, hence why being a witch and or harlot got you the stocks.

I mean pretty much all BDSM has it's orgins in tradition, specifically weird punishments.

Traditional BDSM makes me think of the French
Brits were always much more into scat

I was wagecucking and missed that SPY pump. I have March $320 calls that are now back to like a 5% profit. Down 9%. My only hope to end the week at a profit is SFM hitting$20

Whats likely to happen to gold miners?

My bags are a tad heavy.

I was up 20K in april, now i'm down 10k. If I had just resisted urge to panic sell my aapl in june, i'd have so much fucking money right. I want to blame trump for his trade war bullshit, but I can only really blame myself.

...usually when i start penny pinching i screw myself over.

Eg
>3 trades where I was certain the bottom was there.
>penny pinched
>price goes up over several days
>miss out on anywhere from 15% to 30% gains
>these stocks have also been the only ones thus far where i had a vibe they were at the bottom for the time being unlike the others where it was simply "I think its the bottom"

Oof this feel. Especially because I would have DRiPed and probably DCA’d down when it was crashing.

uggghh

Attached: x5ss.jpg (1300x916, 231K)

What's more bullish in the short: CRWD, AYX or TWLO?

>price goes up over several days
I’m in and out in seconds, minutes at most. I don’t care where the stock is going to be at the end of the day/week/anytime but the next minute. I bought 300 calls at .47 302 strike on SPY, if I held it I could have gotten out at 1.45 in the money. Almost a dollar gain, but I got out when it was on the way up at .76 because I’m not going to be the fool waiting to sell the top when that shit drops, and those calls were worth .42 when the market closed. I don’t hold shit, I don’t think about potential gains I could be making if only I held, I take my profit and get out. I make more money focused on making consistent gains through small moves multiple times a day than I made waiting around for bigger gains like many people do. I think what I do is called high frequency trading or scalping. I also don’t screw around with any complicated strategy, just calls or puts that expire same day or week.

This is why I don’t hold long term or swing, I think the market is too fucky. News is all over the place. No one knows what the fuck is going on. Trump could crash the market 600 points again tomorrow over some retarded tweets about China.

I’m not really high iq on trading tho, I don’t own any stocks themselves I just buy and sell options. Me just look at chart and listen to news and me buy call or put if me think stonk gonna go up or down.

$100 into CHK and $100 into RMED. We'll see how it looks in a year. Really tempted by Pier 1 Imports too

I really don't care about trinkets or shit like that. More interested in building a nice fat nest egg so when I retire I can just do what I like without worry or having to return to work. Without resorting to the whole "Fire" mentality or illegal shit mind you.

Hey the whole Fire thing, great if that's your thing and it works for you. But kinda denying yourself having fun/enjoying life till your middle age/older is just nuts. Who's to say what shape you'll be in when you turn 65? You might be so fucked up or just burned out that you won't be able or willing to do much of anything once you retire.

have 10-20k to put into a small cap stock.. last time someone gave me ODP and GME.. bought them bought.. made some money.. thinking of buying back into GME tomorrow and ODP if it goes back to 1.40.. does anyone else have any picks?

Tell you right now; the thing that will give me lots of pleasure right off when I retire is the feeling of turning off the alarm on the clock for the last day on the job. And not having to fuck with it ever again. Think about it - listen to the same sound for 30+ years. You'd be grateful to when that shit stopped.

Is Starbucks a good buy? It is about to be pumpkin spice season and it is in a slight dip.

Pumpkin spice season is here motherfucker. I saw pumpkin spice pancake mix at the store the other day.

Interesting thanks for the info.

Holding heavy ODP sell calls that arent being exercised even though theyll make a decent profit. Really annoyed as Id rather have access to my locked funds. If the stock tanks enough some person screwed themselves out of easy profits or perhaps not. Get the vibe someone sold the call they bought off me to someone else at a higher premium price which is why it isn't being exercised eg 1.50 + .25 rather than 1.50 + 0.03. Might end up getting my shares back even though theyre deep in the money from my perspective, is that correct if this is what happened?

Dude when they announced they had a new pumpkin spice drink this year(its been awhile apparently) i was on rh and the etock took an immediate jump, people were really excited

why should i not buy the mcdonalds dip?

>I just wanna retire at 50 and be a lazy fuck without worrying about shit.
AMRN egg counter confirmed government employee.

good company, its over priced as shit, it has a P/E of 32. you can keep the momentum up for a short term but if you plan to hold it for 10+ years, its a terrible buy right now. the dip is way too small to justify buying it

see (), same reason but its at a P/E of 26.

I was reading a book by Peter Lynch. He had some good things to say about Pier 1 Imports.

MSFTPoster here, just MSFTPosting to say:
Buy MSFT

r8 my watchlist boys

Attached: Screenshot_20190912-202642_Robinhood.jpg (1080x1718, 225K)

i believe that intel is fairly, maybe a little cheaply, valued right now

MSFT is way overpriced, however i still want to add to it if it ever comes down to a reasonable price

Attached: 1567693221205.jpg (900x900, 77K)

How is it that a company like this has a market cap of 6.4 billion but a really hot company like Office Depot is valued at a paltry $800 million?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-12-22-36-43-1.png (1080x1325, 80K)

Rate?

Attached: Screenshot_20190912-194635.jpg (1401x2100, 290K)

I can't really recommend it as I haven't done any research on this yet, but I like the looks of the chart on this one!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-12-22-48-17-1.png (1080x1336, 79K)

>picks red
>Its black
Not gonna make it

What do all of those companies do?

>The worst part about being the President of the United States?
>Well, I’d have to say that’s being too busy to keep up with my favorite Nintendo games. Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Brothers, Fire Emblem... I’m going to spend my retirement pumping all my time into NTDOY
>Now I know, some of you will say “cringe Fire Emblem is just a waifu simulator” and you’re entitled to your opinion. But I will remind you: you’re waifu a shit, Tana best girl.

Attached: CCE2D89C-6F63-4871-BE02-14FC99142D24.jpg (720x405, 33K)

BUY SQUARE SQ THIS IS NOT A DRILL

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-12/jack-dorsey-s-square-is-testing-a-new-free-stock-trading-service

would love to take it now but funds are tied up in T and biomemes.

Attached: 1557185840444.jpg (750x727, 131K)

mmmm i know the struggle desu, so much to buy, so little cash

Attached: miningdividends.png (608x359, 127K)

Can this happen?

>sell call
>strike price 1.50, premium 0.03
>ater on after price pumps occur
>person who bought my call
>sell its back to market rather than exercising it
>strike price 1.50
>premium 0.25
>stock price tanks to 1.60 on expiration date
>new buyer of my sell call refuses to exercise due to premium they paid making this a loss
>person chooses to not exercise
>i get it backeven though it is in the money

You got that right. Just 13 years to go till Retirement. Full pension & 401k/medical. Sure I make shit salary but the perks kinda make up for it, that and the col is low as fuck. Thank god I avoided the debt traps modern life seems to want you to fall into now. My only debt is my house, which ain't really a debt since land/house prices will only climb.

Pretty based desu

My god given the chance I could jump from RH to something better with no commissions. Also when the FUCK is Hexo doing earnings? The date keeps changing every time I check.

Oh ho ho, if they get it ready for prime time before the RH IPO, that would please me greatly.

This market is ready for a tiny correction, and this is a company that isn’t profitable and doesn’t have a dividend. Please stop me from spending my memebudget on this clown car.

Attached: 088095B1-A2D9-4C97-9A5B-8DE0D69752CD.jpg (268x352, 26K)

yes user. this is no joke. they have every synergy within their businesses
Square will be one of the most hotly discussed companies for the foreseeable future

also sorry but DUDE WEED stocks are all dead until they start beating estimates which might be a while

I CAN'T FIND A FUCKING DATE ON THIS EARNINGS EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY CALLS ARE WORTHLESS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY TWENTY DOLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Attached: 1606D4FE-B80E-4895-8F60-41775A813C6F.gif (317x317, 79K)

Calls might never get exercised if they expire in the money. The further in the money, the more likely a call is to be exercised. You're committing a fallacy about the premiums. If a buyer spent $0.25 / share on the call premium, that is a sunk cost. Whether or not he chooses to exercise the option would come down to whether or not he wants to buy shares of ODP at $1.50 at that point in time. If someone was holding those calls and ODP was currently trading at $1.65, it makes sense to exercise even if he doesn't want to keep the shares because the shares can still be sold then for a 10% return. Even if he paid a $0.25 premium and needed $1.75 to break even, getting that 10% is still better than a total loss of the premium.

Just stop checking your account for a week. This is causing you far more anxiety than it should be. You didn't even lose any actual money.

Hodl here on CEI amd TRQ. Gold and gas, bayBz

Any of you niggers buy PG&E?

Thanks, was curious as I'm trying to reduce the amount of positions I'm holding PLUS I have options expiring tomorrow (not ODP) where I took a position that I was curious to see if I would benefit massively from. They're almost 50% lower than the premium paid but above strike price. If it turned out a person will likely still exercise it then I should've just sold it at a few pennies higher when it pumped.

BGS

BGS?

NO I ONLY BUY SHITTY MEME STOCKS

Yup

youtu.be/ZfKk6nQ__f4

The temptation is real.
Someone tell me that Cramer is a retard and hes wrong and I shouldn’t buy square right here at just below $58.

It’s still about 14% higher than its December low.

Attached: F29E4489-F637-4ECA-A0E6-6F4F5A8B3555.jpg (460x332, 38K)

Is there any time frames this is supposed to happen?

time frame for what?

When square will become a trading platform and blow up

No idea, if they’re just testing it out that could be years away. If they’ve been working on it for a whole and just let it leak now, that could be sooner. Meanwhile, they’re small business lenders and payment processors, and I’m not sure but it looks like they do crypto trading.

Fuck it, I’m in. Taking my BILI mememoney out, and using that, plus the profits from MRK and JNJ to start a new position in SQ.

I hope this isn’t a bad time to have less exposure to healthcare and more exposure to high growth/fintech.

>selling BILI

you deserve what you get
memes cut both ways don't you forget it

Attached: bilibili.png (1493x759, 854K)

You’re just memeing, you don’t own Bilibili, but I actually do. And I’ll buy again when they get smashed after they report, which for some reason has happened the past two quarters for no discernible reason.

Square would be a nice all in one platform if this happens. Able to read and accept credit card payments, take signatures from their app, track sales and inventory, and even obtain financing. Even has a services to go with it, Square Analytics. Which is a set of free tools that can be applied on top of its products, and Square Appointments, an online service that allows users to book appointments. Then it has Square Cash, which allows users to send and receive money for free using a mobile app, and Square Point-of-Sale, a free app that allows merchants to process payments with their phone. Also Square acquired food delivery service Caviar and has became the first company to own both a food delivery company and a point-of-sale service. Now if they start trading crypto and sock markets, It definitely interests me too. Sounds like growth potential to me. I’m sinking money to baghold with you

Honestly they could be on to something, if they had more users already this would be KILL

That’s what I’m thinking and them adding crypto and stock markets could really boost the user base. I’m going to look into the companies financials and everything when I can

Should I be automatically reinvesting my dividends from the stocks in my divvy portfolio lads?

Also, when it says automatically reinvest, I can choose to reach x amount of income before my broker automatically reinvests. Would this mean they divide the income by number of stocks and invest across the portfolio?

Ror! Good morning everyone! Look at those futures today WwWwWwoOoOoOoWwWwWw

Attached: tenor(8).gif (220x215, 119K)

ETSY is rebounding in the extreme. I'm back to a profitable position. Hoping to double.

>tfw you get dividends

Isn't this nice?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-13-07-01-19-2.png (1080x1321, 106K)

I’m heavy in Etsy and feeling very comfy with a dca of 51. Cheers to us!

How can I short vegetarian dog food? I'm seeing it in the news but I'm not seeing vegetarian dog food stocks.

Wow, How’d I miss that dip

Not sure. I was posting about the stock for a while now.

Futures are strong a strong green and us retail sales numbers come out in 15 minutes. Market might shoot the fuck up today.

This price action is actually bearish

dip buyers win again

Why didn't US bonds moon on Euro QE?

Bet

>I CAN'T FIND A FUCKING DATE
Lmfao incel

I doubt anyone in this thread has had a date in the past 2 quarters.

>winning in the stock market is better than sex anyway

Fuck bros I got my first bigboy paycheck today and it's so much money and i don't even know what to do with it

Especially the anons that are married with children

August retail numbers beat projections: 0.4 vs 0.2

Let's not get irrational now

snss user btfo

No, I'm fine. I said it would dip again before ASH.

>Starbucks P/E at 32
That means it's priced at the equivalent of a 3% yield. Ten year treasuries are yielding about 1.8% now, so that sounds fine to me in comparison.

I have... ror!... but stocks r better than sex is true

Attached: a1871c4855cf376d723f10d95dabca3e.jpg (480x702, 68K)

>Core Retail Sales Disappoints, July 'Web Sales' Downwardly Revised

Attached: ^F4A4856D82A0C345E8ADDFA3D0D4990D140CADC44ABE42116C^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png (528x424, 13K)

They have to account for prime day as a holiday now and statistically alter it to show seasonality.

Best broker to use if based in the UK?

AAPL is downgraded by Goldman sachs

NQ looking WEAK