Canadian/US Real Estate

hey guys, I'm not from NA and would greatly appreciate if anyone can give a breakdown of the current state of Canadian/US real estate markets (either residential or commercial) thanks :)

Attached: busty-russian-landlady-fucks-tenants-big-cock.jpg (600x337, 47K)

Its fucked, bud. Stay out. Or go to Canada.

any major reasons why?

Height of the market. Anyone who buys now is a sucker

This board has been saying this for five years

Plenty of deals to be had.

any major legislation that's having this effect? or is it overwhelming foreign investment?

Lol. The real estate is just as fucked here. The default on mortgages may not be that high, something like 0.3 per cent or something, but its steadily rising and it's basically a bubble. I'm waiting for it to crash so I can short any thing to do with real estate investments.

Commercial property is crazy over sold because of AirBnB laws and corporate lending being sky high. Residential is not that bad and wouldn’t tumble too far if a rate hike hit.

Don't think about buying our land foreigner

souce of this whore, please

I just don't want disgusting foreigners in my country. See .

nothing to do with me personally investing lol, it's for academic research and I'm just not as familiar with current events in the region

Christine chandler from Rucversville, Virginia.

>doing academic research on Jow Forums

Attached: DDAFA9FE-5E33-4072-92B0-68F694BA0D7D.png (945x1258, 1.38M)

I dunno about short term, but long term the housing market is DOWN DOWN DOWN. Way down.

Cost of housing in an area is generally tied to the number of available jobs in an area multiplied by the average pay for those jobs divided by the square footage of that area available for housing.

jobs x wages
------------------ = cost of housing
land

So lots of high paying jobs + no land = insane house prices, like silicon valley. Zero jobs and lots of land = super cheap house prices like in detroit or most flyover states.

Where this gets interesting is 2 new technologies, drone transportation and automation.

Drone transportation is when in order to travel somewhere, you will summon an uber on your phone and it will be an automated quadracopter that picks you up. You just fly to work or the store at 160mph with no traffic. This means that your commute distance can effectively be MUCH larger, meaning the amount of land available in the above equation gets much bigger. The volume of a circle increases by the cube of the radius, so this is a ton more land.

10 mile radius from job = 314.16 square miles
20 mile radius from job = 1256.3 square miles
30 mile radius from job = 2827.4 square miles

They are already building these flying taxis and they will be released soon, about the time automatic cars are also released. Pic related.

On top of this you have automation eating jobs left and right. This process will increase exponentially over time. As jobs are lost, this decreases the number of jobs and also the pay of remaining jobs on top of that equation.

So combined, the land is getting much bigger while the wages and jobs are getting much smaller. This has the effect of dramatically crashing the price of housing through the god damn floor. DO NOT BUY A HOUSE AND EXPECT LONG TERM GROWTH. I would expect both of these technologies to go mainstream in roughly 10 years from now.

Attached: quad taxi.jpg (736x472, 70K)

I absolutely love the idea of drone copter transport but just imagine the liability issues. I think that that’s going to be the Achilles heel of a lot of these drone and self-driving vehicle techs.

Low interest rates. Plenty of high cap rate commercial properties that can be flipped using the right strategy.

>I absolutely love the idea of horseless carriages but just imagine the liability issues. I think that that’s going to be the Achilles heel of a lot of these non-horse-drawn techs.

This is what you sound like. It will be so profoundly useful that people will ignore any downsides, just like we do with cars. Plus with a robot flying and professional maintenance from a dedicated company it will likely be far safer than cars today are.

>high enough latency

that makes no sense

kneepads

Are you tracking on the whole trade-war thing? Note that the big losers here are boomers (read: property owners) and the people who could give a fuck are zoomers.

Wait till pappy and uncle bill get shook out of the market and buy their foreclosures.

why the biggest losers will be the boomie?

Have you considered the obesity epidemic? How are those tiny motors supposed to lift a 300 pound fatty 160 miles on a single charge? Huh?

The housing market will stay flat/climb slowly unless there is a recession. A recession will bring down prices, but unless you have cash on hand and a recession proof job, you'll be unable to take advantage of the discount. I dont expect prices to fall more than 10%. Unless you bought around 2010, you missed the boat.

>hurr durr housing crash soon
you fags are so retarded. the entire world is moving into negative interest rate territory and every western nation is importing millions of immigrants and giving them free housing. do the fucking math, there will be no crash any time soon. if anything real estate will get so expensive it will be totally out of reach for 95% of the population. if I had a couple of hundred grand sitting around I would go balls deep in real estate now, worst case it crashes and I still have a place to live in, but a crash is veryvery unlikely.

>a recession proof job
what is a recession proof job?