What or who is a market maker and what do they do?

What or who is a market maker and what do they do?

Attached: 1441948550514.jpg (560x682, 83K)

OHHHH JESUS NOT AGAIN ITS ONLY BEEN 2.3 MINUTES IM OH NO I FEEL IT COMING UP IM

IM

IM GONNA FUCKING COOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM AHHHHHHHHHH FUCK AAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Their job is to get all your money.

>What or who is a market maker and what do they do?
market makers are ones taking the opposite of your trades, its how they make money

they provide liquidity and stability to the market by seeding the order books with both buys and sells. they sell into pumps and buy into dumps.

You see all those buy/sell orders in the order book? Turns out most people don't like market buying/selling, so the exchange incentivizes such behaviour by offering trading fee discounts based on trade volume. The discount allows traders to profit just off the spread between buy and sell orders. Market making is done via bots.

That is a perfect woman

I see. How do they position their buys and sells though?

>other coomer didn't get removed
we live in a society

all correct. Market makers are whales paid to make it look like your shitcoin is actually being traded. They also eat up the spread so smart traders can't find an advantage in trading the spread, because they do it.
They bring volume and liquidity even if some faked

What is the kyc shit like? Which one is the easiest? I'm looking to get large amount of btc

It is simply a person or institution that provides liquidity for people who want to take positions.
They are like people collecting pennies in front of a steam roller. make money based on the spread.

A market maker is not what most idiots on here think. someone controlling the direction the market goes in or counter trading plebs with an advantage.

>someone controlling the direction the market goes in or counter trading plebs with an advantage.
any time they put up orders just for being paid to provide liquidity, they effect me but I buy low on crypto's so I want a lack of orders and I watch for my spot, much harder for me on heavy wash traded exchanges

Search for god.pdf. Its the essential guide to shitcoin trading market making

A market maker is someone who makes COOOOOM AAAHHH IM COOMENING, IM CREAMENING, COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

At their most basic they look what the price of a security is on the real market that you can't see and then provide you with what amounts to a fake quote of the price above or below the actual price. If the real price is .50 they'll quote it to you at like .56 (probably closer to like .52, but you get the idea). If you send in a buy order, they'll buy it at .50 and sell it to you at .56. If you sell at .56, they'll just move the fake price up to like .60 and see if they can shake you out all the while buying and selling to other people along the way.

If you talk to guys on the trading desks at the big banks, they'll only say ominous stuff like "retail investors don't have a prayer", but when you become closer friends with them they start to explain why and what I've provided above is basically the "why". It's for lack of a better word rigged beyond your imagination. Of course there are other tricks, but this two market system is basically how it works and it's so simple and reliable that it's mostly automated at this point. If you've ever traded through a broker/platform that isn't giving you real prices (IB is notorious for this) vs. one that does, trading on the latter, even day trading, is simple.

What are some good brokers for Americans to use that won't scam you?

that strategy only works on stocks; Because they are so heavily regulated there are only a few exchanges, CBOE etc. And retail cant trade directly on them, they have to go through clearing institutions. This means that the "true" price is the one on CBOE but the brokers will quote you a different price with a spread.

In crypto this scam way of market making doesnt work because everything is direct and you can buy purely peer-to-peer. The hidden arbitrage simply doesnt exist like it does in stocks etc.

hmm let's see, how to put this

"if unscrupulous whales weren't working with each other to rip you off, there wouldn't be any volume at all whatsoever"

unscrupulous whales = market makers, they are literally necessary or nothing would happen at all. note: it doesn't have to be a person, a market maker could be a company or a small team or something, it doesn't mean a dude in a basement jerking off who happened to have 10k bitcoin

I think you'll find it's pretty subjective on what broker/platform people will advocate for. I like Lightspeed.
Yea sorry, I actually had non-crypto related instruments in mind when I typed that. I've heard of really good traders doing almost supernatural shit on crypto (75+ trade win streaks and such). You don't ever get that from retail traders on non-crypto stuff.

>talk to a SUPER hot chick in my Chemistry lab who kept making eye contact with me
>get her name, it's mikayla
>still riding the high the next day
>next time probably gonna ask what lecture component she's in and if she has a study buddy
Is this what being a chad feels like?

This is getting old and not funny.

What?