>DUDE

"Graduated college? Enter our 1-3 Year training program!! We teach classes of graduates in our facility that is 300 miles from here! We'll teach you everything there is to know about our business. We don't throw you into the deep end without teaching you what you need to know!"

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF MY 4 YEAR DEGREE YOU STUPID FUCK
I don't want the FUCKING training program just give me a FUCKING job. If I don't do it right then FUCKING FIRE me. I HATE SCHOOL and I don't want to do THREE more FUCKING years of it.

>dude for any position involving math we're gonna need you to have a masters
It's like I didn't even get a fucking degree! It's like I just graduated from high school.

>live in a dorm!
>take classes!
>in 10 years you'll be a CFP!

I'd rather swim in FUCKING Lake Superior in FUCKING February. Super fucking mad right now.

Have any of you fags actually gone through an employers "training program," specifically for financial jobs? I understand that they pay you, I'm just wondering whether it's as teeth grinding as it sounds.

Advice to youngfags, do internships every single summer and translate one of those internships into a job. Apply to 300 internships if you have to. Even if you're a freshman and you "don't know shit." Because once you leave college, they'll STILL TREAT YOU LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT. (Note that Engineers and accountants escape this fate, but barely) Anything else and it's like the degree doesn't even fucking matter. The Masters is the new bachelors. FUCK this GAY EARTH.

Attached: 1554773722011.jpg (1125x1055, 744K)

>STUDENT LOANS LMAO

Attached: 1565806959568.jpg (971x1200, 97K)

The only nice part about my situation is that I don't have student loans.
I just want a white collar job. Why do fags have to make this so hard and complicated.

Go to school longer. Enter more debt.

The rich always win.

Because college is a meme and you don't actually learn how to do your job except for a few fields. Most white collar jobs shouldn't even require a high school diploma.

Rich people are bored. They like being sadists for fun

I knew this before I started college, but now this knowledge can be felt in my bones and spine.

Attached: 1558366514907.png (768x768, 374K)

I should've stayed in engineering. At least I would've had a chance at being non-memed. Fuck.

>Rich people are bored. They like being sadists for fun
I hope I don't become like this in my old age, but I might. Fuck.

I just need to convince some old boomer manager into thinking that I'm a tech genius. I almost had it with one company, but it slipped out of my grasp.

THE MASTERS IS THE NEW BACHELORS AND I HATE IT

There's NO REASON why a four year degree should take four years. It should've taken TWO years.

I hate school because it involves learning the most uselss shit in the most inefficient way possible. I'm not helping anyone or generating any wealth and the knowledge leaves my brain usually 2 months after the class. Unless it's math. I liked math.

Fucking hate school.
FOUR FUCKING YEARS
There is NO justification for that.
Should've been two years. It's not about the debt. It's about the TIME and LIFE that I WASTED doing NOTHING.

Attached: 1550720530662.jpg (400x396, 36K)

>graduated with a CS degree from a shitty state college with a 2.1 gpa

>make 75k as a developer w/ 3 years exp
>50k link

mmhmmmm

Attached: 1532580927507.png (409x436, 164K)

Yeah engineering would be one of those that actually aren't a meme.

>3 month classes that should've taken 2 months max
>summers off!
>general education! diversity credits!
>bullshit projects and papers!

The people who designed this system should be beaten with sticks.

Attached: 1550718855240.jpg (633x758, 67K)

N A T U R A L S E L E C T I O N

also

>classes that can only be taken exclusively in the spring or fall
>class size cap that is always exceeded

this was extremely common in STEM

>w/ 3 years exp
What is this. What did you slave away at for three years before the 75k?

>CS degree
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I have programming experience but no CS degree. Fucking kill me.

user advice for man studying CS degree from a no name Uni. What should I do to get a job in 3 years, preferably a remote job.

STOBBIT

Attached: 1568469729208.png (448x357, 6K)

Are you a white male too? Forget about it. I can't even get a helpdesk job

same thing just started at a lower salary

I had that job lined up 8 months before graduation. cheer up, at least you have a position, there are people in way worse shape than you with mountains of debt and a completely useless degree

>preferably a remote job
I was a turbo autist (still kind of am) so I was terrified of taking an office job but I still did it anyways. First year or so was hard but it's a lot lot better now and my social skills have greatly improved. So don't hesitate about getting an office job

>Are you a white male too?
yeah

>Forget about it. I can't even get a helpdesk job
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well lads to be honest I've only applied to about 40 companies so maybe I'm just a lazy piece of shit.

How many companies did you apply to before you got a good one?

Cope.

Threads like these make me never want to return to university.

I have coding experience. I have learn't to code.
Get me a FINTECH job you fucking AUTIST.

Also thanks for posting I appreciate it.

Most jobs dont really need it.

t. Mid 20's and degree has not been needed for jobs thus far. Also currently unemployed cause I quit after getting tired of the stuff I had to put up with.

>quitting engineering
Haha virgin

Just get your SIE, series 66, and your life and health. So many companies will hire you. Get a job where you get your own clients right away.
Do whatever the fuck they say and you will be cushy within 10 years tops

I just hate school. I'm sure once I start a job I'll miss school.

stop BULLYING
You're right. I just wasn't cool enough. Fuck.
If I went back to freshman year, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't even get less than a B in any of my engineering classes. I was such a shortsighted TARD. FUCK

Finance is GAY.
I said "FUCK IT WE'LL DO IT LIVE" and now that it's live, it's SHIT.

Attached: 1558054787051.jpg (750x715, 46K)

lol.

1) Return to school and obtain a minor in Comp Sci (Calc 1, 2, 3, algorithms, structures, software eng classes, likely required).
2) Apply to an entry level fintech (data science, software eng, web/mobile developer) job within a major metro.

3) This is likely the shortest path to maximize $$$ and start a career in fintech, for you.

>Just get your SIE, series 66
I could.
Or I could wait for a programming job and make trillions on entry level. And not have to take any GAY tests.

Enjoy your money cap

>Return to school
absolutely not I'd rather go streaking through an industrial park

>This is likely the shortest path
dick sucking is the shortest path. The question here is whether I would lower myself that far. I think it'd take another solid 5 months for that.

dick sucking = 5 months self esteem loss + 1 month dick sucking = 6 months minimum

minor in comp sci = literally 2 years. I have entry level comp sci and ALL calc classes under my belt. It would still take 2 years. You have no idea the inefficiency of the university system.
Algs and data structure classes would take 2 years. Not kidding. Fucking HATE IT.

Attached: 1562117157663.gif (136x102, 516K)

Are you in investment advising? Aren't clients hard to come by?
I guess not if your clients are institutions

desu irl all you need to learn are linked lists, arrays, and hashmaps

bachelor's are the new highschool diploma. A master's is what a bachelor's used to be.

I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE
the fucking BOOMER WHORES IN MANAGEMENT
need to see the SHEEPSKIN CERTIFICATE showing that I can endure ASS FUCKING at lengthy periods. FUCK.

Actually I'd need a refresher on linked lists and I'm not entirely sure of the practical applications of hashmaps but surely 2 hours of googling would remedy this.

I do have a github account, but not much is on there.

How do we fix this.

Not returning to school = Your "finance career" turning into decades of unstable "sales" jobs as the economy continues to automates your lame, lazy fucking ass.

Fintech is the future of finance. The CEOs of all major banks have stated this over the last 1-2 years. It's now happening at an accelerated rate (e.g. Deutsche Bank firing 18k highly paid bankers 2 months ago)

You could knock out the minor in 1.5 years, pick up a paying internship (40-50k) during the summer, and have an actual 20+ year career in "finance".

Or, you could cope. Your move.

based. dont go back to school. you can definitely find better

I'm not pissed about the money.
It's the TIME. It's the TIME and EFFORT I have to put into this ring around the rosy of ass kissing and retard wrangling and BULLSHIT.

So many years wasted. I could've been doing something useful with my life. But instead I went to school.

>Fintech is the future of finance.
I understand this. I guarantee you I have the necessary programming experience to make a career in fintech. I know python et al.
It's the fact that they need a degree in comp sci. I have the github account. These boomers won't even look at github. They don't know what a github is.

>Or, you could cope. Your move.
Yeah.... I'm gonna cope for a couple days, I'll review your advice on saturday when I'm not 10k% angry at SOCIETY.

We live a SOCIETY. And what a shit-tier society it is.

I major in Public Health. Joke's on y'all.

Never been this butthurt in my entire life.
On the one hand, it's my fault. I have no one to blame but myself. And maybe society.

On the other hand, how was an autist like me with no friends or siblings or parents with a clue to tell me the TRUTH of our SOCIETY.

>get a degree and you'll get a job
This is a false statement and should never be repeated by anyone.
>degree in finance/econ is good!
It's not. Choose accounting if you're not engineering or comp sci.
>you don't need an internship as a freshman!
You do.
>it's ok if you don't have an internship as a sophomore
It isn't. Intern at the mafia if you need to. Intern on satan's post-orgy-clean-up janitorial staff. Intern at a democrat campaign.
>college is the funnest time of your life
it's soul crushingly depressing. lackadaisical and inefficient and listless and drawn out and boring and tedious and lard-tier.

Especially if you don't drink or do drugs. Probably the biggest mistake of my life was not becoming an alcoholic or weed addict. 99% of social interactions and networking happen under the influence. I can still remember it like yesterday: this chad 200 IQ dude offering me weed next to the gym, and I turned it down. This scene plays out in my mind every night. Why did I turn down chad's weed offer? What the FUCK was wrong with me? I could've been hanging out with chads and banging hot aerospace chicks. But I just didn't weed up. God damn. A life RUINED. Completely ruined. FUCK.

I should've joined a frat and became an alcoholic my life would be better than it is now. At least I would have a A JOB.

Attached: 1552684174435.jpg (1002x982, 272K)

dude rip in pieces good luck and let us know if you need anything, like a glass of orange juice or something
I'm going to mcdonalds soon u want anything

Attached: 1562464743168.jpg (1024x1024, 66K)

100% illegal in every regard
don't ever post here again

Attached: 1561678937698.png (888x1025, 409K)

>100% illegal
what'd I do

>don't ever post here again
I've never listened to any good advice in my entire life

Humans are violent creatures and since we're not allowed to hit each other, we torture each other psychologically instead.

Limit the number of people who go to college to ~10% of high school grads. Alternatively, restore college to what it was a place largely for liberal arts studies and academics. Remove Engineering, Computer science, fields like this (should be trades, you can learn almost everything you need for a job in these fields in a year and be ready for an apprenticeship.),

Doesn't really fix anything since we won't have work for those uneducated masses. We'd need something like UBI or population culling.

>I should've joined a frat and became an alcoholic my life would be better than it is now.
I wish college would've advertised frats to me as "you pay for friends, easy access to hot 18-22 year old pussy and every boomer will want to hire an Alpha Pi Zeta man" .

honestly, college degrees are worth less than youtube subscriber counts.
I think companies have realized that colleges don't teach initiative and the best judgement of character is social-media/online presence.

it's a strange time to live when free tutorials online offer a greater fountain of lessons than the expensive institutions we herald as absolute.

>we won't have work for those uneducated masses
You don't need a college degree for most work in our society. Employers just require it because they can. Also, education barely does shit; people forget 80% of what they learned 6 months after the course. Education really is a scam, a way to get people to go in debt for 40-200 grand and waste 4 years of their (unless they're just going for pussy and partying).
>We'd need something like UBI or population culling.
We'll get population culling in the next 100 years whether humanity wants it or not.

> be me
> self taught how to program
> earn 150k / year working from home, in south america

>be me
>self taught programmer
>making a video game
>unemployed and have a useless degree

How?

yeah how you stupid cunt
please gib advice

>40 companies?

Are you Americans for real? I wrote two applications after graduation, had a face to face conversation with each department manager and was hired on the spot for the second company. Which turned out to be the best possible scenario because I got promoted within 6 months and I’m in a high earners bracket already. But even better yet the technical experience is literally worth gold.

Attached: E0B44681-A616-48F9-A2BC-E89DA67794A7.jpg (250x203, 8K)

fucking where are you?

Western Europe

I had the same feeling after getting out of Engineering, but it was just a feeling, i sucked it up for half a year in a shitty job as a learning graduated and then they upgraded me

The feeling of wasting time in university isn't about the career or the time studying, it's just you didn't had the genetics to enjoy partying during that time, just accept it and move on, nature cucked you it's the way it is

Doing a master's of data science right now. I can't fucking stand University although the content is cool. Uni is a fucking meme, it's not worth.

I have an algo bot that's profitable but I have fuck all money so it's gonna take ages to compound.

Seriously thinking of quitting and doing some shitty labour job just to increase the trading size.

Stop being American

sh-shuddup

Attached: 1550719100638.jpg (727x868, 237K)

lol, Im dealing with this shit right now.
>have a 4 year degree
>every job I apply to whines how I didnt follow subject X or Y, while you can pick it up in a weekend
>traineeships everywhere