You tip right Jow Forums?

You wouldn't want to pay 25% more for food right? What's the big deal about leaving a 15% tip?

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-101828_Chrome.jpg (720x1560, 369K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-102135_Chrome.jpg (720x1560, 478K)

literally doesn't matter
it has its pros and cons dependng on the culture
if tipping is banned then regular wages compensate for the fact and menu prices rise
it isn't difficult
anyone who cares about this issue is arrogant, economically illiterate and mentally a child with too much time on his hands

Once again Americucks show why the European economy is far better.

>tip someone 15-20% for bringing me my food and trying to talk to me well I'm eating
Fuck off retard

Tipping is pretty much not allowed in Japan. But it was the best customer service I have received anywhere in the world. I was there for a month and still am mind blown by it

I went there last year. I was disappointed not by the service but by the fact that everyone had literal autism

Nobody ever tipped me for my job. I don't see the point. If that's how they make their living then why are they bugging me for it? They should be bugging their employers. And doesn't the hottest waitress get the biggest tip anyway? Isn't that how it basically ends up working? Lmfao.

based retard

I rather pay 50% less at a fast food restaurant.

the thing I hate about tipping culture in restaurants is the wait staff and bar tender make out big (assuming we're talking about a decent restaurant), while the kitchen staff is paid shit and doesn't get tipped. the kitchen actually does the work. the wait staff is fragile as fuck roasties who just go between. they definitely don't deserve more than the cooks, but they get quite a bit more.

At my restaurant all the waitresses are giant whores who earn $150 off tips for 4 hours worth of work. Fuck I hate them

I tip 0%. The trick is to never go to the same place more than once in a year, so they don't spit in your food. After a year the staff usually changes and you can go again.

yeah, that was what I saw when I was in the industry. I made something like $10 an hour in the kitchen. those cunts would come back into the kitched to bitch like we're their fucking therapists too, like "aahhh, some asshole only left a 15% tip on a hundred dollar check! wtf is wrong with people". there's a reason kitchen staff and wait staff don't get along. some restaurants even hire liaisons to go between them so that the kitchen doesn't even have to talk to those bitches.

I thought the cooks got a percentage of the tip?

Only at a few places and it's up to the waitresses. Greedy cunts

Holy shit fucking whores.

Yep

no. where I worked waitresses would pull in $250-$350 on a friday night. if they were happy and feeling generous at the end of the shift, one or two of them would come back and be like "omg we did awesome tonight! you guys are great. " and they'd kick down a $20 bill for the kitchen to split 4 ways. it's that retarded.
makes no sense to tip like this when you think about it. people go to a restaurant to eat good food. that's what defines whether or not they enjoyed the experience. did the food come out in a reasonable amount of time and was it prepared well? so why do we tip the wait staff extra if we enjoyed our experience? the 3-5 minutes of face time with them is not what makes the experience. it's dumb as fuck

dude, the cooks don't care about you tipping 0%. they aren't going to spit in your food for that. a lot of them would love to hear it cause they hate the people they work with who are waiting tables. things that will piss off the kitchen is coming in right before closing time and ordering something that takes a long time to cook....or sending something back during busy times for stupid reasons. that's how you get spit in your food.

The waiters spit in your food on the way from the kitchen

What fascinates me about americans is their ability to furiously defend practices that fuck them in the ass, like tipping or circumcision.

I do not tip. Evaluating and rewarding your performance is not my job. I also did not make you do take a job where your boss takes advantage of your stupidity.

If I go to a place where that is frowned upon, I will not return - congrats. In fact I do not eat out anymore, except for McDonalds, because I don't have to deal with your stupid bullshit there.

I fucking knew the kitchen staff weren't paid shit despite being the most important part of the meal. Fucking roasties, all they do is carry food from the kitchen to the table.

Please tip food couriers. Its the same thing but for significantly more work

kek

literally, I can pick my food from the kitchen myself wtf