Remote position

Recently I went though a lengthy interview process to accrue a remote job as a graphic designer in my city. After they highered me they sent me a list of in home office items I need (laptop,cintiq tablet,file cabinet, and a punch in machine) but then told me they will be delivering them to my home. They offered $45/hour. Whats the chances this is to good to be true? When I read though the contract it stats im an at will employee so both parties can terminate the contact at any point and says nothing about the office supplies.

Attached: methinks.jpg (227x222, 11K)

The "at will" stuff is standard as is most of the items. Sounds like you ended up in a good place assuming it is a full time position.

Some info about them:
Marketing startup based in my city
Make augmented reality image capture tech(like that shit snapchat does) but bring it to locations so bars/clubs/weddings can have custom AR photos of people attending the event.

My job is to design the layouts of the frames for them as well as make 3d models.

45/hr isn't actually that high, so shouldn't be too good to be true

> t. designer that gets paid 80-150/hr

25-35 hours but comes with dental,health,paid vacation.

congrats on your first real job.

Please dont get my hopes up to high user, im only making 17/h at the shit place I work now.

Attached: sweatypepe2.jpg (220x229, 9K)

OP seems more retarded than the average zoomie.

Post your tits whore

Attached: 1558638137146.jpg (638x486, 32K)

you couldn't handle my " ROCK HARD PECKS"

Hey user question for you. I've been doing UX for a year now at a startup tech company. I get paid $30/hr. I'm comfy, don't get me wrong. But to get to that level you are at, what does it take?

Basically be a top designer with all these nice shots on your resume, dribble, and such?

Or is it years of experience working at a tech company, building software, and just moving your way up through years of experience?

Another way of asking is, should I spend extra time to really ramp up my dribble/resume shots, so people are "wowed" by them, and thus increasing your perception, or is it a natural evolution through years of working at companies?

In case this gig dosent workout id like to know as well.

>highered

Dont bully :(

Tbh, not really. What lets me charge what I charge is just my confidence and understanding in UX. To be fair, i've been doing this for a very long time (since i was like 9 years old) so I just got pretty good at it.

I'm also really fast in comparison to the avg speed of designers in the market, and typically now just get paid in retainers so I don't need to actually spend the time to do the work i do. For example, instead of having to milk out 10 hrs of design to earn lets say 1500$, they just pay me for the entire month of design so now i just spend 1 hr doing it. Clients don't care because to them they are getting the results faster, but on top of that, I am responsible for nearly everything so there's no inefficiencies resulting from communication/etc. Not sure if this helps user, but long story short there isnt one specific thing I've done to warrant the price. I just showed my work, and basically told them pay me X a month and its worked really well. It's kind of like salaries, but you aren't employed by them which makes time management amazing.

Knowing how to code/animate also goes a long way. I recommend picking up AE and learning how to create Lottie animations.

That does help thanks for the response

Nice i'll check that out. I was usually just doing animations w/ InVision Studio or sometimes stock effects w/ XD, which seemed to do the trick. But I'll check this out. Thanks user!

by designer, you mean squarespace website maker or something, right? props for not calling yourself a developer in that case. fucking hate those guys.

Nope, I actually am a designer that just happens to also have a dev background with a CS degree too but they don't hire me to code. Doing the actual coding isnt the actual important thing as a designer, but knowing how to code and how you can build something when you are designing interfaces goes a long way since you are a lot more practical with your UX between how it will work but also how quick it takes for a specific design to ship. It opens up the door so you can start destining cascading experiences that follow a really good dev schedule and roadmap

Who uses lottie? i know AE very well but never heard of lottie.

sure, in my mind, anyone who designs for the web should know css and html and be able to implement the stylesheets. that's the design piece. I've met too many people though who try to sell themselves as web developers, when what they really mean is web designer. that's all my rant is about.

Yup 100% I by no means believe I am actually a good programmer. I can get shit built ofc with html/css/js/python and what not and have made some really beautiful websites (humblebrag) and ofc have done a bunch more given that I was required to since I was at a top 5 CS school in the world, but would not say I am the go-to person for actually doing it. I would say it would take a more proficient dev much less time to get the basic site setup, but css styling and designing i would say no speed diff

Lottie is actually used extremely frequently, especially for mobile apps. It was developed by airbnb to make animations a ton more easier to get into apps. Check out lottiefiles.com for some examples and they even have some AEP files you can download and play around with some animations. It is infinitely more faster to get an animation into an app than a developer having to manually make it happen. For web, Lottie can be good in small doses but bad if you have too much on a page since it can lead to a performance hit. CSS keyframes would be the way to go whenever possible, but sometimes its just easier/faster to get a site up and running using lottie

so its an archive of animations?
Because Im able to make the animations in AE then export with bodymovin but how is this different?

Lottiefiles its just an archive of all the different animations that people can share to either download the JSONs for or download the AEP files from. Lottie itself exactly the same actually as bodymovin, Lottie is just the library that allows you to display them in apps and what not, and has support for all these different languages in various versions. It can work on Android, iOS (Objective-C and Swift), Vue.js, React, React Native, etc. Airbnb took bodymovin and basically threw resources and devs behind it to make it even more robust than it was before

this is awesome thank you for the info