So Jow Forums britbong here, I would like to long the GBP currency with this brexit nonsense on the horizon...

so Jow Forums britbong here, I would like to long the GBP currency with this brexit nonsense on the horizon, although I hold some stocks (some etf's) Im not really certain which etf I should opt for.

Any advice for a fellow Jow Forumsfag, although I dont expect to be spoonfed, by all means send some literature my way.

Also other thoughts on how we can profit from brexit?

thanks.

Attached: long.jpg (590x350, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/sep/13/met-to-take-no-further-action-over-leaveeu-spending-breaches-arron-banks
theguardian.com/society/2019/may/15/child-poverty-above-50-per-cent-in-10-uk-constituencies
newstatesman.com/politics/economy/2018/11/un-inspector-came-investigate-poverty-britain-here-s-what-he-found
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Also other thoughts on how we can profit from brexit
Yeah. Stop Brexit and the profits will be immediate

Sup fellow etf Chad. British export businesses will have a hard time. Try to find the ones with their customer base in Ireland, France and Germany. Maybe some cider companies (if there are any listed ones). Also wayfair maybe but idk.
UK will probably become a developing country in the next 3 years if they continue like this and all major companies relocate their head quarters elsewhere.

this wasnt a political discussion either way, this was a profeteering discussion.

I myself am a remainer and I see there are some hurdles that simply cannot be overcome so I honestly dont think a clean cut exit from the EU will be feasible. Not to mention it may spur on independence in other countries, I mean lets face it it was mostly biggoted english that voted leave, I myself am Welsh and can see if the brexit bill went through we would push for devolution and true independence in a referendum.

As far as I can see too that scotland truly does not need to be part of 'Britain', they do well by themselves and westminster is more of a parasite than it is a beneficial relationship on that country, so I anticipate them to push for a referendum too. Independence would be much more feasible for scotland than wales though unfortunately, unless we really reviewed our economy, but then we do have a somewhat good amount of industry in the south.

Anyway, lets talk profits all..

again I really think its unfeasible for them to clean cut out of the EU, for example most of land rover and Jag manufacturing plants operate out of poland and slovakia, like how are they gonna cope, they are already overstreched in the extent of liabilities that they are literally giving away range rovers to anyone on finance with a remotely low credit score.

Slap on importation on that and the companies will fold, because why would EU give any special treatment to a british company importing its 'british' products from the EU into 'Britain'.

Exportation? what the fuck do we export anymore, we moved everything overseas in the name of % profit margins, so hence the north of england is a shadow of its former self and in severe decline.

Salty german get lost

they could always manufacture in britain employing british people, you know, if the government actually gave a solitary fuck about this country and not doing the bidding of the internationalist financiers.

You are insanely naive to british relations if you think wales or scotland will leave the UK post-brexit.

I work marketing for a middle sized door + window making service and we've seen business rise a lot since the referendum. I don't know if they've changed export nations but business is good for us.

>I would like to long the GBP currency with this brexit nonsense on the horizon
Lmaoooo

never gonna happen matey, not sure if youve noticed during this austerity but its almost like we have a load of victorian mine owners pushing for conditions lke we had back then to maximise exploitation of people.

>horrendously low income to cost of living ratio
>zero hour contracts w/out sick and maternity pay
>record high in child poverty and living conditions
just to name a few.

I dont want this to be a hateful witch hunt , already seeing this high horse attitude in your post.

Wales, maybe not, Wales would have a hard time being truly idependent. But Scotland I cold easily see being idenpendent, they have oil, fishing, and just finished building europes biggest offshore windfarm, ahead of schedule and considerably under budget, you would never see that in england, it would be years over schedule and costing 100m more than should have.

Also you say im naive, well, why is this a hard concept for you to grasp, they could go independent and go back into the EU, alot of EU money actually revitalised alot of towns in wales, and built universities. Its no real difference to Republic of Ireland which doesnt really have proper industry to support itself, it just offers massive tax breaks for huge corporations which is what the toff's in westminster are pushing for anyway, to make the UK a 'tax haven'.

Maybe it is you that doesnt see the big picture user.

I dont see brexit happening, sorry, I just dont, this whole debacle has seen the GBP slump to record lows, if it was to execute it would be below the euro, nowhere in europe would want to trade with us b2b because would cost too much.

Anyway, expecting a Jow Forumstard to be realistic and not just take something thats speculation as gospel is probably expecting abit much, ya fuckin dumbass lol.

Anyway, when brexit DOESNT go through, the GBP will bounce back, screencap this.

Polling in Scotland shows support for independence falling year on year. It has massive tax breaks fron england and tax benefits, it is in a hugely good position and pretty much levied the previous referendum for political power.

As for EU payments, the UK was a net payer by a large margin. Any claims about EU funding of UK insitutions falls apart immediately with that.

It legally has to happen and public support for leaving has increased since the previous referendum and of we have GE the indication is massive leave success, hence the labour/lib dem refusal of an election. The question isn't whether it happens but in what form.

Wales voted majority leave you dumb cunt

is this actually true or did you read this on the side of a bus, why is it those that actually funded the campaign have been investigated for fraud etc. Do you get your information from the daily fail or a number of unbiased sources.

Just curious but you kinda sound like the northerner screaming and shouting about sand niggers and how we need trident incase iran starts dropping bombs on us, when lets face it being able to retaliate will be incredibly low on our list of priorities.

Talking of net payments, after the last financial crash, much of which in this country was caused by those in London, wales has a tax monies levied into a fund for potential future bailouts, its really not a good arrangement for wales at all, sadly we seen still as a 'principality'.

If we pushed for independence we could even decriminalise weed to help with the economy, funnily enough some conservative (plaid) politicians in this country are actually behind this, would be bullish for the economy.

There's some weird brit who posts anti-brexit threads like this every other day. He's either autistic or paid to shill. I'm betting the former.

His posts look copy and pasted from Reddit and the guardian. Must be a nulink ledditor

Britain being a net contributor? How the fuck did you make a decision on the vote without doing literal baseline reading like that lmao.

As for the the fraud investigation, you mean the one against the leave campaign that already concluded finding no malpractice or the one against the remain bodies which did make convictions? Might want to clarify.

based on misinformation.. you dumb cunt, as did the north of england but since the conservatives have been in office look how badly the norf have been suffering, london just sucks all the money out of the country and gives no fucks.

AND actually when the original referendum was held, it was a 49/51 split, which tells me that its not actually a majority vote, the country was split, factor in a bunch of uneducated fuckheads being spoonfed lies you could infer that it would actually be more likely to have remain majority.

If you conducted a statistical analysis on data, and it returned as a 50/50 split, then there wouldnt be strong enough inidicators to suggest one or the other, it would be useless data.

Expecting you to understand such a thing is again probably abit of a high expectation though.

Im guessing your a pro brexit, bigoted racist who think polish steal your jobs conveniently forgetting how they fought and died for your freedom during the battle of britain and actually do jobs you think your too good to do whilst you regularily collect your giro.

>Bigotted and racist
My missus is a euro, and also hates the EU. Since they forced her country to adopt the euro all prices have skyrocketed and German businesses moved in to push out locally owned.

Time for talking is done. You will push and push until your skill is crushed into a goopy mess on the pavement when the silent majority have finally had enough

1. Im norf and very happy, don't speak for me.

2. Studies of political knowledge shows correlation with more right wing views, meaning if anything more informed = more likely to vote leave.

This is supported by polling showing that despite the insulting media line that people didn't know what they were voting for, people who voted leave were in fact expecting a no deal type brexit.

3. There are human subspecies and they are different.

theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/sep/13/met-to-take-no-further-action-over-leaveeu-spending-breaches-arron-banks

there was a clear agenda for the leave campaigners , if you cant put 2+2 together and see how some rich millionaires with the right contacts may benefit from such a political opportunity I guess you will never really understand the nature of politics.

That article isnt the best just a quick one though. And agreed, there was some scandals on the other side, this is politics after all, I mean the opposition want to discredit they're opponents as much as possible.

Just look at how childish Boris is in westminster, if I behaved like that in my job I would be fired immediately. Im not pro corbyn either, I personally think they all a bunch of fuck-wits.

Anyway I didnt want this to turn into a political debate but hey ho here we are.

Always with the one-upmanship on Jow Forums I just wanted to make some money.

Goodbye.

So the close vote is on favour of remain somehow? Despite much greater spending from remain, the media and political bias and the fact that remain voters tended to be younger and include all non whites, both indicators of poor knowledge? What a bizarre and demos hateful attitude you have. I can see why you are pro-EU!

Find a proper source lmao.

They will never stop moving goalposts and attempting to subvert the will of the people. They think their views is the only correct one and that they are literally superior than the collective will of the entire nation. I can see some benefits to the EU, but overall it's negatives outweighs that and it has been warped into a filthy beast destroying the nation's of Europe systematically.

As you have seen in parliament, they will do anything they can to prevent the implementation of the people's will. They value the interests of a foreign entity over that of their own people. The only option available if all avenues have been exhausted is unfortunately the violent destruction of this third column. They will push until they can't anymore.

I agree that was a mistake, sweden actually manipulated their inflation rate so they would have to adopt the euro, and rep of ireland sucks so bad because everything costs so much but wages are super low.

>You will push and push until your skill is crushed into a goopy mess on the pavement when the silent majority have finally had enough

no funkin clue what your talking about here mate.

you must be very privaledged user,

>see pic related

I lived in sheffield for abit and my god, the north is a fuking shithole and is only declining more and more, its not due to the shitskins that its getting worse necessarily, but the fact there is no industries to support healthy economy. Also it was the conservative gov that allowed such relaxed immigration and asylum seekers to enter it, so the same people who lied to you about brexit are those that have been increasing the multi-ethnicities which in turn has actually driven down employment expectations and rights. You think leaving the EU we will have to conform to the same human rights and regulations(such as food etc.), get fucking real

theguardian.com/society/2019/may/15/child-poverty-above-50-per-cent-in-10-uk-constituencies

also this.

newstatesman.com/politics/economy/2018/11/un-inspector-came-investigate-poverty-britain-here-s-what-he-found

It really sucks id like to stay in Wales where I was born but will likely end up having to leave.

Attached: deprived.png (624x442, 229K)

He's gone. But like the EU if he loses an argument he'll just be back tomorrow acting like it never happened.

>the UK was a net payer by a large margin

if you don't count the taxes paid by financial institutions.
Revolut, Coinbase, Moneygram, Wirex etc etc will all need to relocate the vast amount of their base to continental europe and pay taxes there

I live in Sheffield you idiot and as said business has been great lately. The city's problems are almost exclusively due to the brown infection. We have an active rape gang going unaddressed and shootings are going up year on year. I've lived here all my life and won't be raising my kids here now.

As for conservatives, i never once said I was conservative. They're just blue labour.

Finally as you got told don't post the guardian, it's embarrassing. The UN is also a stupidly bias political organisation. If you're going to post opinion pieces at least choose people attempting objectivity.

If the EU gave a shit about not sinking us, they wouldn't be forcing a no deal
We're fucked, short the pound

Found the Londoner with a second home in Tuscany who’s quite happy with Germany in charge of our borders

Revolut is hardly worth mentioning but none of that is a given, with more freedom to dictate corporate tax laws you could very well see more fin business move here.

KICK
THEM
OUT

>they wouldn't be forcing a no deal

they aren't. they agreed on a deal. it's only bojo's rethoric that they are forcing the uk to crash out, because he can't get the deal voted by the parliament. completely neglecting that getting no deal approved would be 100 times harder, tham pushing thru may's deal.

okokok guys, I respect your opinions even if you some Jow Forums anons, whatevs, I grew up with nothing and all I can see is how there are a select few at the top with most the wealth that will directly benefit from this.

All the leavers I meet all voted leave for stupidly retarded reasons for shit they read on the side of a bus or racism (like the polish argument I mentioned earlier).

Thing is people think we will be ok, because we were before, conveniently forgetting all our inddustries are moved overseas and our public services are privately owned generating profits for those at the top, all rubbing shoulders with our politicians.

Go to europe and trains are dirt cheap and they run on time.

It just feels like to me we are being monopalised to the point we have no choice, and its not the EU doing this , its internally, while politicians embezzel money from tax payers, ian duncan smith for example saying £50 is enough for a family to live off for a week whilst spending around that on breakfast, courtesy of the tax payer ofc.
But then I see what the EU has done for us, the redevelopment of declining inner cities, universities like I say, and having EU nationals here adds value to our country, the scientists and academics.

Where left to the greedy silver spoon fuckers in london, they just suck money out of the rest of the country and it goes no-where, much I guess how you guys see EU sucking money out of britain, I see London doing this to the entire nation.

Still, id be all ears if you could realistically tell me how we will fare leaving the eu with no industries here and already our public services like the NHS being auctioned off to american corps.

I have seen in the last decade so many schools and hospitals close, and not by the hand of the EU.

Meh, like I say I will likely have to move away in the next few years regardless, britain had its time and now its fucking done, no more empire, no more anything.

if you think anyone in a red or blue tie is on your side gys

and what kind of finance will businesses moving there manage after the uk crashed out and fin insitutions will no longer be allowed to provide services to the eu

>or racism
so? we have enough scum of our own. don't need more.

May's deal isn't leaving though. We know what people intended with voting to leave. Polling since has consistently shown people wanted a no deal type brexit.

Imagine that, some welshman living far away from the trouble, after fleeing Sheffield but "not because of the arabs", voting for EU control and later plans to flee the UK. All the while wishing minority say over majority opinion.

You are disgusting.

They can, i use american financial bodies all the time and it's ridiculous to expect the regulatory closeness wouldn't be better than that.

not how I remember it user, there are areas of Sheffield that are serious white ghetto's of the working class that no longer have steel or coal, so just mega crime and crackheadedness, the only really nice part of sheffield was eccy road which had all the posh privalidged white kids living on it, on the way into the peaks and you have your multi million pound homes on.

parts of the north of the city were like burnley rough, then you have got a fuckton of crime there.

I now live in Swansea and wages are way better, and cost of licing is lower and much much much much nicer place to live

>inb4 swansea love story, drugs are everywhere and you shant have the cheek to mention it living in such a drug infested shithole as sheffield

I heard regularily people talking of crack and stabbing so and so on the bus, its got to be one of the most hostile places I ever lived, and I lived on the border of gibraltar for years and didnt see nowhere near as much violent crime there as I did in sheffield.

No, please dont raise your kids there fella, I got to say I was never proper racist till I moved to sheff, the paki's there are the fucking worst group of people I have ever met in my life, but then you get the somali's, and roma slovaks too(which I actually got on with)

im glad I had a profound effect on you, lets face it we both at odd's with each other.

'flee', not quite, im nomadic, I live somewhere 3 years and get bored and move on, I just really didnt like that place, and honestly I really dont like the english, interestingly thats not uncommon with your neighbours you foul fucks who just went around robbing other people and now have the most cucked fucking country on earth.

I intend to leave because I cant stand seeing my country being torn to shreds by a bunch of cunts any further, you reach a point when you realise quality of life would be considerably better elsewhere.

:)

>everyone else should be denied the vote
>my voting is pure though
unironically kms yourself

Attached: 1443276197648.png (1270x1346, 78K)

Well it is how it is and has been for the past decade. I've been here 27 years. Even had shootings on my street now by the arab gangs and drug dealing blacks who go round blasting drill music from their car at 5am.

The 'priviliged' kids on Eccleshall are just students, they cause no trouble other than parking space. This isn't oxbridge either, not that i would care, but it means they aren't the elite. The city has been killed and is just waiting to find out. Its all sustained by the university and international chinese students now, as soon as they become aware of the rape gangs and violence that'll dissappear and the place will die faster than Thatcher killed it. More permanently too. Im saving up and then im gone. But at least i vote against the policies that did this unlike you.

>Anyway, when brexit DOESNT go through, the GBP will bounce back

Attached: laugh.png (544x540, 359K)

Im irish you idiot. But also "muh english colonialism". Go do some reading. Per capita wealth, GDP, population numbers and life expectancy rose in EVERY nation under the british empire. If they robbed everyone they did a fucking terrible job at it. Its like me going into a halfway house and recarpeting, putting in new tvs and smart appliances then taking some old piss jugs to the bin on my way out then the rabid occupant starts REEEing that i took his piss jug.

Do former colonial possessions contribute to the value of the pound and the British economy? For example, do British companies or government control natural resources and large amounts of industry in India, hong Kong, south Africa, Canada etc.? If they do, the Chinese crack down in HK may be more bad news for Britain, especially if their banking companies there get nationalized.

we all voted for different reasons I guess, its a shame, I kinda liked the feel of the city when I first moved there, but correct me if im mistaken, they not arab gangs but pakistani, you guy's kinda not far off bradford with how high the populus is with these shitskins.

and yea you have the Somali's too whom are incredibly violent.

I lived on pitsmoor for a wee bit which was allegedly super rough, this was about 6 years ago, wasnt so bad desu when I lived there but we did have a few shootings relating to WHITE junkies robbing WHITE heroin dealers around that area and shirecliff.

I liked that bit because it wasnt too far from kelham island and whatnot.

Things I really miss about sheff is 'moonshine' ale, beres' pork sammiches, and a little pub called Fagans (not sure you know it), fucking best fry up in the city.

oh so all those jewels in the tower of london came from england, not india, oh and speaking of india, the eat india trading company, just a figment of my imagination.

I can see your irish you dense fuck.

they dont because they gave all these countries independence from the crown long ago. Some previous colonies do get dual citizenship mind.

Can someone hurry up and put a bullet through this six former's head for fuck sake

They could give them independence but still maintain private ownership of companies started and based there. So you think Hong Kong will have no influence on the pound?

I use arab as a catch all term. Asian is very inappropriate for all the people on the continent and there's a better racial, cultural and iq similarity between pakistan to morocco than pakistan to korea.

Pitsmoor is rough but again, due to arabs. Try to park near the northern hospital and all the arabs have blocked the spaces with cones and bins. You try to move one and you get the whole extended family coming out to scream and key your car. I endlessly tried to get the police to come sort it out and they just said "not our area". Useless.

There's a school there that saddens me every day on the way to work, not a single white kid, not one. Just 5 year old girls in hijabs, which is worrying as it's beyond normal islamic requirements.

> some jewels
As for companies, of course Britain got some money. Perhaps seeing as you've decided to come spam Jow Forums with politics you might be kind enough to learn that wealth isn't a zero sum game. Indians got a lot richer at the same time as Britain trading companies. As for Britain getting richer? Seemingly not. European countries with a history of empire are poorer today than nations with no history. That's an effect that diminishes as the country gets further from decolonization. Meaning that having colonies was a net financial COST for the sake of political power.

wasnt my intention to spam biz with politics but inevitably bringing up brexit I should have known better. I guess you are right here because EITC actually had more power than the crown, so it was the company that was rich, as rich ifnot richer than the crown.

Way to go to not rising to my insult, I respect that your jimmies stay unrustled.

Yea I feel you dude, I lived in a slovak area and thanked my lucky stars it wasnt in a paki area, seen these fuckers shove a white woman into the street walking down a pavement, robbing each other, causing scenes like you describe. One thing that stuck out in my head alot in sheff was if you got into a paki taxi, first thing they'd always begin talking about was slamming the somalis and roma's and making out like they were sub humans, just abit ironic as thats what white taxi drivers would have said about them 30 years ago.

I also remember for the most part, the boroughs surrounding the centre were all mostly rough as fuck, with the exception of eccy road really, maybe london road, had lots of hipsters on when I was there.

I also remember trying to resolve a council tax issue at the council building, and the woman we spoke to wore a hijab and her english was fucking non existant, I honestly couldnt believe how such a person got a job there, like dealing with councils a ballache best of times, but to have a paki that could barely string a sentence together in english dealing with us...

Im sorry for you to see your home city become this way, come to Wales, its ncic, and safe, just respect the culture and appreciate we have our own language here too.