Moore's Law is dead by 2022. Lots of implications for Bitcoin, but let's focus on general business

Moore's Law is dead by 2022. Lots of implications for Bitcoin, but let's focus on general business.

How to profit from the death of Moore's Law? Short 10x Intel?

Attached: 144809_117136.jpg (500x500, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tick–tock_model
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not preparing for Quantum Computing

Moore's law is about to be superceeded.

Its a literal double top yo. Better short all tech 20x now before the hedgefunds do it for you. Wassup, hickachicka.

this graph goes to 2010

Stop posting outdated graphs faggot

Where's the fresh data?

Chances are that while silicon's semiconducting limits are reaching by miniaturization, chances are that increasing supply line efficiency and production capabilities will continue to halve the price. As production quality increases, clock speeds will be able to increase as the "silicon valley lottery" of chip quality tends towards higher and higher quality nanolithography and construction, which of course determines the maximum clock speed before the chip starts making errors. That will allow more power to be wrung out of existing chips at the semiconducting limits of silicon by allowing faster chips made with existing architectures. What basic moore's law analysis--- which focuses on the limits of silicon semiconductors--- ignores is ever-increasing efficiency in the manufacturing and supply line side of things, which is still very much under way and can yield cheaper and cheaper prices for existing chips, which leads to my next point.

That will be compounded by intel wringing as much efficiency out of the working of existing chips as possible, which is getting better and better. Think of how the invention of hyperthreading increased the capabilities of chips without changing the architecture significantly. And as higher quality, more efficient chips are produced at the same or lower price as previous generations, and running at higher clock speed, the next frontier is simply increasing core count, CPU count, and parallel processing capabilities. There is so much we can't foresee that will prolong moore's law.

>How to profit from the death of Moore's Law?

Buy bitcoin , miners dump most of the supply to upgrade asics , once they are not forced to do that anymore bitcoin moons stronger than in a halving event.

This. We're in the dead cat bounce. Exit all CPUs. This is not a drill

Crazy stuff like 3D silicon with internal pipes for liquid cooling should create a small bull run in those MIPS per clock cycle graphs.
Today designs are limited to be flat planes with a few layers.

Parallelization will continue until ai breakthroughs in manufacturing/theory.

The moore's law is dead meme is about decomputerizing the population and destroying the free market to prevent people from having access to compute.

This thread deserves a bump.
Did a science degree 15 odd years ago, i was obsessed with nanotechnology back then, it seems we don't hear too much about it these days apart from cheap marketing scams about surface coatings. As OP and others point out, the process size for silicon chips has progressively gotten smaller and smaller

see for example: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tick–tock_model

When you start getting to the 5nm process diameter at the end of Intel's tick-tock(-refresh) roadmap, you're talking about 25 atoms thick.

I'm not an engineer, but it was my understanding we practically needed a new era of manufacturing tools and materials to advance beyond this (just as we moved from stone tools to bronze tools to iron etc). It's not just a limit in size but in the practicality of the semiconductors we currently use. Do we move onto superconducting carbon nanotubes? Will the necessary tech be seeded, or about to be seeded?

Pic related was a 1989 demonstration by IBM scientists who manipulated 35 xenon atoms to write the company logo using a scanning tunneling microscope.

Attached: ibm.png (755x293, 268K)

Invest in ternary

>moore's law dies
>we enter singularity

Attached: 1560130759788.webm (1918x1080, 1.06M)

nice post

Long amd. Their chiplets will conquer the whole server market and Intel has nothing to hold against it.

lol you don't know anything about quantum computing

Based and redpilled

This. Clock speeds haven't been important since 2006.

you think you can bury it just yet? sapphire based semiconductor technology has barely been touched yet it has a potential to add a few magnitudes to capacity.

Based and knowledgeable

the death of moores law is extremely bearish for crypto in general.
the tps of decentralized networks depends on their physical hardware.

Do you think Sergey masturbates to memes of himself? I would.

Attached: 1193414.jpg (597x600, 75K)

no crypto network today is limited by the underlying infrastructure in the slightest

what is the workload is the proper question instead of puffing pipes from an armchair in a spiral of smoke

Don't short intel faggot. The guy who made AMD relevant again is leading intel's next chip design. He's not one to talk out of his ass too. I'm selling my AMD shares in a year or so before the chip gets announced.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 12.23.17 PM.png (1208x662, 129K)

It's a new paradigm.