Name one reason why this shouldn't be worth more than BTC

Name one reason why this shouldn't be worth more than BTC.

Here's some reasons why it should:

1) More usage.
2) More developers.
3) Broader utility.
4) Set to solve scalability.
5) 90% of altcoins are built on it.
6) Is actually used for stuff for pragmatic rather than merely ideological reasons.
7) All of the above are without sacrificing decentralization at all.

Attached: eth_720.png (720x450, 39K)

Attached: 345345435.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Also because I own more ETH than BTC

because it's owned by one person

Less meme capacity.

Attached: MEMEPOWER.jpg (1206x628, 74K)

>1) More usage.
ICO scam trading back and forth
>2) More developers.
Creating a token makes you an eth Dev lmao
>3) Broader utility.
Has never been utilized for anything
>4) Set to solve scalability.
Just 18 more months guise!
>5) 90% of altcoins are built on it.
Ponzi
>6) Is actually used for stuff for pragmatic rather than merely ideological reasons.
Kitties was the killer app and it raped the chain
>7) All of the above are without sacrificing decentralization at all.
It's entirely centralized, newfag. See the monetary system, development and the eth/etc hardfork.

This is good, it means it's still in stealth mode.

>premined
>DAO-forked
>ICO scam printing
>uncapped
>leftist sõycuck team
>furries
6 reasons right there

>everyone knows about a decentralized ponzi scheme
>this is good for the ponzi scheme

>isn't backward compatible
>centralized dev team
>broken multisig freezing 300 million dollars

Attached: th.png (608x776, 88K)

You’re not gonna make it

>ICO scam trading back and forth
Even if that's the actual reason, which it isn't, doesn't the fact that they would choose ethereum to send money back and forth on, where they have to pay transaction fees to do so, instead of another chain where they don't, tell you something about how attractive ethereum is?
>Has never been utilized for anything
And yet you mention two of the things it has been used for in your very own post: ICOs and collection games.
>Creating a token makes you an eth Dev lmao
It has more devs by any standard, either you include the broader ecosystem or just count core protocol developers.
>It's entirely centralized, newfag. See the monetary system, development and the eth/etc hardfork.
Those three things are evidence that it's decentralized, not centralized.
>Just 18 more months guise!
Cutting-edge research takes time, dimwit. What significant improvements have BTC undertaken in its 10 years?

>isn't backward compatible
That is required for real progress to happen. It has never been a secret that Ethereum has a more progressive approach to development than bitcoin and thus its users need to be more active to stay up to date, at least until it stabilizes post-PoS. As for your pic, it will only "break" contracts that are very poorly written precisely by assuming that such changes could never happen even though they obviously could. They are just adjusting the cost of certain calls which has been done before.
>centralized dev team
On the contrary, it is less centralized than bitcoin, because rather than having one de-facto reference client (Bitcoin Core), multiple wallet creators are working in parallel, none more authoritative than the others.
>broken multisig freezing 300 million dollars
Not a problem with ethereum itself, just a smart contract that was poorly written. It's like pointing to one of the many million-dollar thefts of bitcoin from exchanges etc as a flaw of bitcoin.

Tokens on eth require eth to move them, newfag.

>ICOs and collection games.
Ponzi and something neat for hodlers with no interest from the outside and especially no solutions for business.

>It has more devs by any standard
Again ICOs who gives a shit

>Those three things are evidence that it's decentralized
Share whatever it is you're smoking.

>BTC
BTC is a mess

You’re the dumbest nigger in here.

>Tokens on eth require eth to move them, newfag.
Yes? What's your point? also you keep using the word newfag even though I've been a crypto enthusiast since 2011. How long have you?
>Ponzi and something neat for hodlers with no interest from the outside and especially no solutions for business.
That's not my impression at all. And either those are just two of dozens, maybe hundreds, of already proven use cases, such as decentralized finance, storage, computing, VPNs, marketplaces, supply chain management, identity management, DNS, etc.
>Share whatever it is you're smoking.
Maybe explain why you think they are signs of centralization?
>BTC is a mess
This thread is about ETH vs BTC.

I'm calling a newfag because you don't seem to understand where eths transaction volume comes from or why Vitalk telling exchanges to halt trading and then hardforking is centralized. On top of the fact that he dictates monitary policy.

>This thread is about ETH vs BTC
Doesn't mean I can't shit on eth and despite the absolute shit show BTC is currently it's still better than ETH.

>I'm calling a newfag because you don't seem to understand where eths transaction volume comes from
No, I understand perfectly where the volume comes from: Usage. I have provided reasoning for why it makes no sense that it's simply wash trading. You keep claiming otherwise but haven't shown a shred of evidence.
>Vitalk telling exchanges to halt trading and then hardforking is centralized. On top of the fact that he dictates monitary policy.
Vitalik can tell people whatever he wants, just like prominent BTC figures can tell people what they want. Doesn't mean anyone has to listen to them, and if they do it's because they make sound arguments and agree with their suggested course of action.

>sound arguments
The point of an immutable decentralized ledger is so people can't alter things. Vitalik called for a reorg/hf to save him and his cronies money from malinvestment. He's as communist as the fucking Fed.

I fucking hate what BTC has become, but at least when people call for reorgs and hfs to avoid fraud or bad investment the miners tell them to go fuck themselves.

>The point of an immutable decentralized ledger is so people can't alter things. Vitalik called for a reorg/hf to save him and his cronies money from malinvestment. He's as communist as the fucking Fed.
There was never a promise for Ethereum do be perfectly immutable during what was essentially it's alpha phase. They were focusing on building the immutable chain, not having one set in stone right from the start. Not forking to retrieve the DAO funds would have greatly set back that development so that the actual stable chain would have been delayed or may not have materialized at all. It was the right tradeoff, which the end result proves. And again, Vitalik did not dictate this fork, it happened because 90% of the community agreed on it. It would never have happened if Vitalik alone demanded it. And the people that did disagree were free to continue their vision of the chain as ETC.

Idk dude let's say I have my money in a wallet
In 2 years I don't want to find out it's frozen because the devs decided backwards compatibility isn't important
You can only call contracts poor so many times before you start to see it's the platform itself that's poorly designed

You are so stupid if you think eth will be more than bitcoin. You must be new to the space OP. Come back and post after you learn about scarcity.

OP, you do realize there is only 21 million BTC in existence? And that there is unlimited ETH? Now tell me how ETH will be worth more. With real reasons, not just your biased projections. ETH is the gas of crypto, BTC will always remain the most valuable decentralized store of value.

Eth is months away from having a lower issuance rate that btc

>In 2 years I don't want to find out it's frozen because the devs decided backwards compatibility isn't important
That will obviously not happen. They aren't breaking compatibility that badly, this is a minor issue that won't affect people's funds.
>And that there is unlimited ETH?
What matter isn't the absolute cap of funds, it's that the supply is predictable, governed by hard rules, rather than arbitrary will like fiat. And ETH is more than predictable enough, the inflation is about the same at BTC and will almost certainly remain that way. The difference is a minor technicality.

They lost over 100 million twice from contract issues

The chances of ETH having another DAO bug, meaning a total hardfork due to a fuck up, is several orders of magnitude bigger than in Bitcoin. The more complexity, the bigger the chaos, the bigger the chances of disaster. That's why Bitcoin is a safer store of value.

Attached: fdi4qia1rhi21.jpg (1065x1341, 86K)

this, btc is the true store of value
eth should focus on smart contracts instead.

Hope you guys sold the DCB.

Attached: ethbrain.jpg (917x1046, 306K)

Reeee

I can't believe people still think this

>premined

So was btc

>DAO-forked

Not a fan of this but btc has also had many hardforks in it's early years

>ICO scam printing

You can't print eth and ico's using eth has nothing to do with the fundamentals of eth

>uncapped

Not true and will probably have a lower issuance than btc by 2020

>leftist sõycuck team

Dumb pol meme

>furries

Wat

it likely will be back to at least 0.1 btc

i hope people are capping this thread because this will age quite nicely. ETH will pass BTC market cap easily in under 5 years.

You're retarded lol
Bitcoin premined? What nobody can be this stupid

Enjoy more central planning in your future.

>btc has also had many hardforks
There's nothing wrong with hardforks (inb4 coretards). It's the nature of the DAO fork.

why are you so close minded.

1) usage =/= value (straws get a lot of usage, but not too valuable)
2) developers have to sell to pay the bills
3) value raises fees, which harms utility
4) still waiting
5) vaporware scam artists control the supply now
6-7) redundant